View Poll Results: Where on Etheria would you most like to live?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Whispering Woods

12 22.64%
  • Mystacor

14 26.42%
  • Castle Bright Moon

13 24.53%
  • The Kingdom of Snows

2 3.77%
  • Mermista's kingdom

2 3.77%
  • Unicorn Island

2 3.77%
  • Beast Island

1 1.89%
  • The Fright Zone

6 11.32%
  • The Crimson Waste

0 0%
  • Working class Etheria (village, farm, etc.)

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where on Etheria would you most like to live?

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

Where on Etheria would you most like to live?

Of these 10 locations on Etheria, where would you most like to live---and why?

I would love to live in The Whispering Woods. That way I could visit and spend time with my dear Madame Razz, and Broom, and hang out a lot with Bow too. And I love the mysterious beauty of the Woods, plus the safety "insurance" knowing The Horde can't get in.

And since Crystal Falls isn't too far away, I could also go and visit Mermista quite often.
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; February 14, 2008 at 08:17am.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Unicorn island, of course. Even though I don't really care about the mix of unicorn-pegasus the series made (I would have prefered a pure unicorn race or a pure pegasus race for Swifty, not a mix of the two). All these horsies!!!

It's a pretty island, too...I just watched the episode last night.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Based on name alone, I had to vote for The Kingdom of Snows. ALthough The Whispering Woods would be a close 2nd followed by Castle Bright Moon.

After The Whispering Woods, the kingdoms of Mystacor and Bright Moon would be nice choices for me. I love snow and while I wouldn't want to live at The Kingdom of Snows, I'd love to have a winter retreat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
    Unicorn island, of course. Even though I don't really care about the mix of unicorn-pegasus the series made (I would have prefered a pure unicorn race or a pure pegasus race for Swifty, not a mix of the two). All these horsies!!!
    aww, but that's what I like about it..

I'd either live there or someplace that has electricty and indoor plumbing (esp the latter )

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    My first choice, Crystal Falls, wasn't on the list. I consider that to be different from Mermista's kingdom. So I chose Mystacor because I'd love to study magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    My first choice, Crystal Falls, wasn't on the list. I consider that to be different from Mermista's kingdom. So I chose Mystacor because I'd love to study magic.
    Yeah I had Crystal Falls on there first, then I thought since it was (I assume) just the waterfall itself, it wasn't really a proper place to actually live.

Mer-Man, you get SERIOUS props from me for remembering to include The Crimson Waste...and awesome locale with an awesome name...and the location of the Huntara/She-Ra battle I caught anew last night while watching "Huntara".

Now, I'm going to vote!

Why thank ya!

As one of Scorpia's biggest fans, I had to of course include The Crimson Waste...site of Scorpia's home, the mysterious and arthropodic Scorpion Hill...

Speaking of "Huntara", I love Scorpia's great character-meaty line in Scorpion Hill when she and Catra agree to work together: "I may not like you much, but I'd rather have you as Force Captain than that arrogant witch Huntara!"

Love it!

Totally, that line is great, but I prefer: "I hate to agree with ya, but I agree with ya!" I'm surprised Filmation let her call someone who wasn't a witch a witch, though! Risque!

*ponders his choices*

Hmmmm...Whispering Woods kinda means having to constantly listen to Adora tell Bow and Glimmer not to put their hands in vices, or run off half-cocked into battle. And if the Horde attacks and traps us all in there...lord help me, I'd do harm to one of them.

Mystacor could be a really, really cool place to live. I could learn magic, and from what I can tell, I'd be safe from the Horde. But I wouldn't be safe from Castaspella's creepy old woman voice, and she'd certainly hit on me, which would make me mucho uncomfortable. So I guess I'd be stuck chatting with Sorrowful 24/7, which, sorry to say, would get old. I need a variety of fun companions. If I don't like the brats from Hogwarts, I shouldn't expect the Mystacor kids to be any different.

I'd like to live with Madamme Razz, I think, in her Crazy Tree House...even though I'd totally just be crashing and not improving myself. So scratch that.

The Kingdom of the Snows sounds right up my alley since I love winter. But I couldn't abide by the barbarian dress-code, or listen to Frosta's surely grating whispers. So, sorry but no.

If I can't be around Frosta or Casta's voices, you can bet I won't be able to live in Bright Moon either.

Or Mermistas Realm. Oy...that doesn't leave much to choose from, does it?

Unicorn Island is really crowded, and I'd want to respect the horsies privacy. Plus, I'm guessing that now that Swift Wind has introduced them all to mating, things will start getting very...intimate around there...and I don't need to see that, thank you. Beast Island is too noisy. With all those creepy crawlies and giant moaning creatures running around, I'd never sleep.

The Fright Zone just has too much traffic, and too much bad karma associated with it. Plus, you know just know Hordak would hike the rent something fierce.

The Crimson Waste is nice and quiet, but dry. So no.

If Mermista has to thank Adora for dropping by to see her at the Crystal Falls, it's clearly too far away from civilization. I'd get lonely. And I like sushi. NEXT!

The Forbidden Zone has too much decomposing flesh, if their welcome sign is anything to go by. Unless it's been changed now and is full of flowers. Hmmm...I don't remember if Ariel changed that turf by the episode's end. If she has, I'll consider it. No one delivers junk mail to the Forbidden Zone. And I could totally open a night club! Who wouldn't come party spring break away at The Forbidden Zone? But if there's like mean spirits underground like the Indian graveyard in Poltergiest, then I guess it wouldn't be worth the investment.

Skydancer Mountain is really cool, has a great view and awesome architecture and Light Hope would be really, really fun to chat with. But I'd surely have to rely on him for getting 'roud and about. Besides, it's not exactly an apartment complex, is it? Can't move into what's essentially a spiritual location without trivializing it.

The Valley of the Lost, from what we eventually saw of it, is pretty cool. Nice name, strange people, and a library in need of organization and cleaning. There's purpose for ya! And not much traffic. Provided it snows, and there's a good youthful scene (I like old people plenty, but if I'm going to live there, I need variety of society), I might take up residence there!

Of course, there's the disappearing village Brigis (Holy Heck - I've seen practically ALL the episodes of She-Ra: Princess of Power, and now I'm REMEMBERING the things I've seen over the course of the last year!!! That's such a cool thing to realize!), but again, you'd probably fall out with the times, which would suck. Although you do get to live forever, I assume.

Thaymore and Devlan are always getting attacked. To heck with that.

General Sunder's Farm is safe, but he's got a family and I doubt he'd allow me to move in without putting me to back-breaking work.

Mystic Isle! Ooo! I'd get to see all the most beautiful art in Etheria, and not have to worry about the Horde, since She-Ra and Sea Hawk know where it is, and would hopefully visit whenever the island rises. But again, who else lives there? Though the trade-off could be immortality. I'd be like a curator. That would be cool Unless it turns me into an isolated recluse. Hmmm...

Octopus Cove is cool, because I like Octavia. I could listen to her all day. I think we'd be good friends, except for the whole her-loving-Hordak thing. She'd probably get angry with me for suggesting she look elsewhere for affection, and that would hurt our friendship.

Could I have less of a real life right now?

Horror Hall is too creepy, and cool, but yoiks. You just know Shadow Weaver wouldn't want another dominant personality in her private abode, and I'm certainly not going to be a slave.

Scorpion Hill? Not so hot. I mean, we saw it what? Twice in the whole series, and it never really impressed me. Who needs to worry about bugs in bed?

Finally, there's Troll Land.

So...it's between Mystic Isle, The Valley of the Lost, and well, that's it. Both are isolated, but one is inhabited and the other could be inhabited by other similarly-minded people, who would become trapped with you. One is used as a garbage dump by the Horde, while the other could vanish under water if you come back from a party too late one night. One has books, the other art.

Mystic Isle baby! Sign me up! I love the architecture, the vegetation, and the color scheme. There would be plenty to study there, and I'm sure if I befriended Frosta, she could bring me a globe with the power to make it snow there. Plus, I'd be immortal and considered wise by other Etherians. Sure, I'd miss out on the day-to-day fun of being on Etheria, and yes...that would suck....

Aww Mer-Man, it's too hard to decide! I mean, what's the point of living on Etheria for two years or so if you don't get to know the people and stuff. Plus Mystic Isle rises only so often, right? So how about this...Light Hope transports me to and from Mystic Isle, should I want to go out and see the sights once and a while? Would that be cool? I realize I'm asking a lot of favors from people I haven't even met yet...but maybe they wouldn't mind that, provided I studied up on the artworks so that they could someday be exhibited.

Edit: Impressed with how many locations I remembered from the series? I am And I didn't even have to look them up!

Extra edit: Okay, so I sorta forgot Brigis was called Brigis, and looked that up.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    *ponders his choices*
    WOW......you sure did ponder, didn't ya?

Heehee, cool! Analyzing stuff you love is so much fun!

Hmmmm...Whispering Woods kinda means having to constantly listen to Adora tell Bow and Glimmer not to put their hands in vices, or run off half-cocked into battle. And if the Horde attacks and traps us all in there...lord help me, I'd do harm to one of them.
    LOL! I'd be just fine there. I'd have Bow, Adora, my dear Madame Razz, Broom, plus, Madame's "crazy tree house" is in there, too! Woo-hoo!

Mystacor...I wouldn't be safe from Castaspella's creepy old woman voice, and she'd certainly hit on me
    Hmmm, now who's soundin' like Bow, huh? ;-) Here you were harpin' on his arrogance yesterday..."pot callin' the kettle black" my POP-lovin' friend! LOL (just havin' fun with ya, lol)

I've seen practically ALL the episodes of She-Ra: Princess of Power
    Whoa-ho-hooo, what's this "practically" stuff? Why haven't you seen ALL the episodes, young man? (lol)

Aww Mer-Man, it's too hard to decide!
    Lol, sorry, didn't know it'd be this hard! :-)

Impressed with how many locations I remembered from the series? I am And I didn't even have to look them up!

Extra edit: Okay, so I sorta forgot Brigis was called Brigis, and looked that up.
    Lol, yes, I am! I re-watched season 1 recently, and even I wouldn't have remembered "Mystic Isle", and maybe not even "Skydancer Mountain"!
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; March 13, 2008 at 09:00pm.

In the Castle of Bright Moon!

I always loved Mystacor!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I'm an animal person so Beast Island. Plus where else would you expect a ravenous puma to live?

I'd love in the whispering woods sorrounded by magic ...... cos madame razz&broom are so funny , playing with cards with them , bow , adora and the rebels yay!!!!
    and i'll join the rebellion against hordak off course !!!!!!! I want a rebellion!!!!!!!ahhhhhh
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    I'd love in the whispering woods sorrounded by magic ...... cos madame razz&broom are so funny , playing with cards with them , bow , adora and the rebels yay!!!!
    and i'll join the rebellion against hordak off course !!!!!!! I want a rebellion!!!!!!!ahhhhhh
    I totally agree with you!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

From those above... i would choose Mystacor

......because.....*ähhmm* .... how can i say.... *ppuuhh* ..... you know .... because

....otherwise i think it would be funny to spend some time on Seahawks ship.
    But honestly, i would prefer an island for myself with an magic castle in a bay.
    *LOL* ... lot of decadent parties all the time

I am saying the Castle of course as well a 2nd choice would be maybe on the outer skirts like whispering woods.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Castle Bright Moon. I have a smidge of a crush on Glimmer.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    The Fright Zone of course. At least it seems i'll have three friends in the Fright Zone. I just want to go through the trap door once Mighty Hordak just once!
    Last edited by triklops3eyes; December 29, 2009 at 12:14am.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I would have went with Mystacor but I would have to kill Castaspella. I can't stand her voice. So I went with Whispering Woods.

Whispering Woods. I could meet most of the rebellion that way.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Mystacore where I'd work as Casta's man servant. Let's face it. She knows how to party.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    The Woods- fieldcraft is important.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE