View Poll Results: Skeletor or Mumm-Ra

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mumm-Ra would win

    23 29.11%
  • Skeletor would win

    56 70.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: MOTU vs Other Brands, Fight #1 - Skeletor vs Mumm-Ra

  1. #1
    Apokoliptian Ravager Mr. Roboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,679

    MOTU vs Other Brands, Fight #1 - Skeletor vs Mumm-Ra

    ...I'm gonna ask anyway.

    Who'd win the fight?

    Skeletor
    or
    Mumm-Ra?

    AFTER THE ANCIENT SPIRITS OF EVIL MADE HIM IMMUNE TO HIS OWN REFLECTION...
    Mumm-Ra is an excellent sorcerer, plus he has size on his side. A model sheet I saw gave Lion-O's height at 6'9". In The Trial of Evil, we see that Mumm-Ra is head and shoulders bigger than Lion-O. No doubt Mumm-Ra's size gives him a serious advantage.
    "Once a symbol of terror, I will make this a symbol of honor."

  2. #2
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    I'd say Skeletor.

    He's evil as sin. I'm talking about the DC comics version the Evil lord of Destruction would make apple sauce out of Mumra.

    I don't think any T-cat is better than any MOTU character.
    MOTU is so much better and at least there human!
    Has anyone every saw the kitty litter box in the Cat castle? Because thats where they'd be in the masters were on 3rd earth!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  3. #3
    Movie Machine shigsy2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,199
    Howdy

    I would say Skeletor as well.

    You placed this in the Classic forum which surprises me as the chances are Skeletor will get the most votes, I personally would of put a poll like this in the Other discussion forum, but hey, thats just me.

    Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Kogamitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ─etsń, Finland
    Posts
    126
    Skeletor beats Mumm-ra nine hundred and nothing. Never been a big fan of him, anyway.
    Perpetual hate generator
    In the memory of Chutora-san (7.7.2003 - 20.6.2006)

  5. #5
    the dutch connection pyrelus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    holland
    Posts
    394
    sorry, have to go with mumra, since he is everliving(instead of lord of destruction) so in the end mumra would win, simply cause he can't die.....
    and besides put the two next to each other, the mum-ra fig is 3 inces bigger(metric 7 cm) orso...
    to bad skelly....
    Good trades with: evil-orko, xclaw, imothep, HTFToys, Igorr, galaxy warrior, peter, LeelooMinai, sonofblaine , sathomaso, Linkku, D-man, SKY, TED675, Facelessone

  6. #6
    Public Enemy #1!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Shropshire, England.
    Posts
    4,337
    Skeletor fears no ancient spirits of evil! Mumm-Ra doesn't stand a chance.
    I have the power!

    More power Multibot!

  7. #7
    SWEET BABBOO
    Guest
    I picked Mum-Ra. Hes just a lot more menacing to me. Actually most of the villians in Thundercats seem meaner in general. Ive seen Monkkian attmpt to murder the Thunderkittens. Maybe I pick Mum-Ra because Thundercats was more violent in general? Well thats how I remember it anyhow!

    Some other comparisons:

    Grayskull vs the Cats Lair. Grayskull by a wide margin.
    Man AT Arms vs Panthro. Man AT Arms in the inventing department but Panthro in the hand to hand. The dude bends i-beams like they were rubber.
    Beastman vs the Mutants. Could Beastman not just controll them?
    The Sword of Power vs the Sword of Omens. In terms of applied uses the Sword of Omens wins hands down. But...the Sword of Power, I believe, is more powerful.

  8. #8
    Scholar of Fantasy The Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    412
    I picked Mumm-Ra. As much as I think Skelly's a great villain, Mumm-Ra always seemed to me to be much more powerful and therefore more of a threat to an opponent in combat.
    "The privilege of a lifetime is just being who you are."

    (Joseph Campbell)

  9. #9
    I am Tri-Klops! Vahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
    ... A model sheet I saw gave Lion-O's height at 6'9". In The Trial of Evil, we see that Mumm-Ra is head and shoulders bigger than Lion-O. No doubt Mumm-Ra's size gives him a serious advantage.
    You assume quite a bit. Look up Emmanuel Yarborough versus Keith Hackney. The 'serious advantage' was with 6'8" 600 pound Yarborough, but 5'11" 190 pound Hackney was a better fighter, and that's all that mattered. SKELETOR is a sorcerer and and accomplished fighter. He gets my vote. I'm sure if you asked this on a Thundercats forum, your results would be quite different though.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

  10. #10
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn
    You assume quite a bit. Look up Emmanuel Yarborough versus Keith Hackney. The 'serious advantage' was with 6'8" 600 pound Yarborough, but 5'11" 190 pound Hackney was a better fighter, and that's all that mattered. SKELETOR is a sorcerer and and accomplished fighter. He gets my vote. I'm sure if you asked this on a Thundercats forum, your results would be quite different though.
    The MYP Skeletor was an accomplished fighter. The classic Skeletor was basically a spellcaster. They BOTH had their goofiness with Skeletor having a good side and Mumm-Ra after he got Ma-Mutt. But I think that Mumm-Ra beats Classic Skeletor hands down. Now the MYP Skeletor makes Mumm-Ra his dog.

  11. #11
    Movie Machine shigsy2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    The MYP Skeletor was an accomplished fighter. The classic Skeletor was basically a spellcaster. They BOTH had their goofiness with Skeletor having a good side and Mumm-Ra after he got Ma-Mutt. But I think that Mumm-Ra beats Classic Skeletor hands down. Now the MYP Skeletor makes Mumm-Ra his dog.
    Howdy

    Heresy,

    How dare you place this devil post in the Classic site

    Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior hairybeastman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Beer Tent Capital of the World
    Posts
    1,685
    I have go with mumm-ra is so much eviler than the classic skely
    It's not what you ride. It's that you ride.


    Hey bush let the door hit you on the way out !!!!

    OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

  13. #13
    80s cartoon guru manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,151
    skeletor is really evil in the first season but then he starts to show more of his comedic side
    but i say he will beat mummra
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

  14. #14
    Magical Diva xenadove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    89
    Skeletor would wipe the floor with that pitiful excuse of a Band-Aide Mum-ra.

  15. #15
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,483
    I'd have to go with Mumm-ra because IMO he cleary is just much more powerful. I mean, he is ever living, plus he fueld by multiple ancient spirits of evil, etc.

    Also, Skeletor (particularly if we are going with the classic version of him and not the MYP), while powerful, is just much more of a bumbling fool than Mumm-ra ever was (sure, Mumm-ra made mistakes, but they never seemed quite as stupid as the ones Skeletor makes). So, I just think Mumm-ra is the clear-cut winner.

    Everyone has their opinions, and that's cool. But this is a MOTU message board, and I think at least some of the votes for Skeletor are more so out of those individuals' love for MOTU more so than what would logically happen if those two were to fight (well, with as much logic as their is to 2 being with magical powers). At the end of the day I do like MOTU a little more than Thundercats (though I am a fan of both), but I have to look at the situation as logically as possible. And Mumm-ra is fueled with a lot of power by the ancient spirits of evil, while Skeletor has barely come close to reaching his full potential and is ultimately (in terms of rank and relationship) playing second fiddle to Hordak.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  16. #16
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,475
    Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003
    Howdy

    Heresy,

    How dare you place this devil post in the Classic site

    Chris M
    But it was about the classic Skeletor. I was just saying that Mumm-Ra would own Classic Skeletor, but not MYP Skeletor. Classic Skeletor is villianous, but he's been portrayed as a little too comedic sometimes. But the new Skeletor? We'd see a mushroom cloud where the Onxy Pyramid used to be.

  17. #17
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    But it was about the classic Skeletor. I was just saying that Mumm-Ra would own Classic Skeletor, but not MYP Skeletor. Classic Skeletor is villianous, but he's been portrayed as a little too comedic sometimes. But the new Skeletor? We'd see a mushroom cloud where the Onxy Pyramid used to be.
    Well, I think Mumm-ra would still stand a good chance against the MYP Skeletor, but I do agree that MYP Skelley would pose much more of a threat than his Filmation counterpart. Esspecially if he gets his hands on the Ram Stone, then Mumm-ra would have a run for his money!
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  18. #18
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,990

    Skeletor



    "Fool, I am no longer your equal. I am more than man, more than life, I am a god!"

    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Thunderpunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,853
    I said Skeletor, but I'm partial to He-Man...
    Honestly, I can't remember how bad Mumra was.... I haven't picked up the Thundercats DVD yet....
    In Memory of Oscar
    May 2000 - September 23, 2005
    In Memory of Jetta
    2001- September 21, 2008

  20. #20
    That Marvelous SOB sonofblaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Posts
    6,650
    I'd say Skeletor. While Mumm-ra is bigger, and seems to wield more magical power (his pyramid seems to be a temple of power, like Grayskull, which Skeletor has yet to conquer, and I know Snake Mountain has a magical force that feeds him, but it doesn't seem as strong)...

    Skeletor has more, diverse minions, as well as being alot more mobile. Unless he transforms, Mumm-ra stays in the temple, as a wizened little mummy toad. ALSO, Skeletor comes off as way more clever and crafty. He wouldn't be below sneaking into Mumm-ra's lair and staking the guy while he's asleep in his coffin.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

  21. #21
    Magical Diva xenadove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine
    He wouldn't be below sneaking into Mumm-ra's lair and staking the guy while he's asleep in his coffin.
    Exactly. Skeletor was portrayed as silly and bumbling, but that was usually when he went against He-Man.

    It seems anytime he went against others, he held his own. It wasn't until He-Man (or She-Ra), the stars, showed he was in trouble. If Skeletor was as useless as they made him look against He-Man, he wouldn't even be in charge of the minions he had under him. They would over throw him.

    The only reason most of Eternia was saved time and time again, was He-Man. It wasn't Teela or Orco repelling Skelly time and time again, it was always He-Man. Basically, if He-Man didn't show, everyone was usually screwed.

    I still think Mum-ra would be in big trouble. Skeletor would learn his weeknesses, and either enslave him or destroy him.

    I am bored before lunch at work, and have too much time on my hands right now

  22. #22
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,483
    Quote Originally Posted by xenadove
    Exactly. Skeletor was portrayed as silly and bumbling, but that was usually when he went against He-Man.

    It seems anytime he went against others, he held his own. It wasn't until He-Man (or She-Ra), the stars, showed he was in trouble. If Skeletor was as useless as they made him look against He-Man, he wouldn't even be in charge of the minions he had under him. They would over throw him.

    The only reason most of Eternia was saved time and time again, was He-Man. It wasn't Teela or Orco repelling Skelly time and time again, it was always He-Man. Basically, if He-Man didn't show, everyone was usually screwed.

    I still think Mum-ra would be in big trouble. Skeletor would learn his weeknesses, and either enslave him or destroy him.

    I am bored before lunch at work, and have too much time on my hands right now
    Well, while Mumm-ra made a lot of mistakes and ended up losing (which is what also happened to Skeletor), when Lion-O showed up, he didn't just turn into a bumbling idiot almost instantly like Skeletor did when He-man would show up. He held his own, despite his mistakes. So, I still think that Mumm-ra would still have the upper hand on this one.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  23. #23
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia
    Well, I think Mumm-ra would still stand a good chance against the MYP Skeletor, but I do agree that MYP Skelley would pose much more of a threat than his Filmation counterpart. Esspecially if he gets his hands on the Ram Stone, then Mumm-ra would have a run for his money!
    It would be a good fight, either with sword or spell. It took Randor AND He-Man to beat MYP Skeletor in a sword fight. The biggest thing that makes me think that MYP Skeletor is really powerful is when Count Marzo blasted Skeletor with this powerul spell during that Council of Evil thing. Skeletor just regarded him as a gnat, practically ingnoring him. And that time when he just causually resurrected Mer-Man after the King Hsss fight. (But he just restored the statue)

    Now, Filmation Skels??? I just don't see him defeating Mumma-Ra in a fight or beating him in a magic duel.

  24. #24
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    It would be a good fight, either with sword or spell. It took Randor AND He-Man to beat MYP Skeletor in a sword fight. The biggest thing that makes me think that MYP Skeletor is really powerful is when Count Marzo blasted Skeletor with this powerul spell during that Council of Evil thing. Skeletor just regarded him as a gnat, practically ingnoring him. And that time when he just causually resurrected Mer-Man after the King Hsss fight. (But he just restored the statue)

    Now, Filmation Skels??? I just don't see him defeating Mumma-Ra in a fight or beating him in a magic duel.
    Those are some good points, but don't forget that during the Count Marzo incident, Skeletor did have the Ram Stone. So, the power that prevented Marzo's blast from doing anything was at least partially from that. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but he technically was not operating under his own, individual power alone at that point.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  25. #25
    Movie Machine shigsy2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    But it was about the classic Skeletor. I was just saying that Mumm-Ra would own Classic Skeletor, but not MYP Skeletor. Classic Skeletor is villianous, but he's been portrayed as a little too comedic sometimes. But the new Skeletor? We'd see a mushroom cloud where the Onxy Pyramid used to be.
    Howdy

    Dude, the wink smiley at the end of my post was supposed to indicate that I was joking. If you think that Mumm-Ra would win that's okay its your opinion. I mean I am only saying Skeletor would win because I prefer his character (although I can only remember a liitle of Mumm-Ra's character).

    Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •