Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

MOTU MOTU vs Other Brands, Fight #1 - Skeletor vs Mumm-Ra - Page 2

View Poll Results: Skeletor or Mumm-Ra

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mumm-Ra would win

23 29.11%
  • Skeletor would win

56 70.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTU vs Other Brands, Fight #1 - Skeletor vs Mumm-Ra

For me wins Skeletor!

I'm a Motu fan but in my opinion Mumm-Ra would win.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Skeletor of course.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I was also a fan of Thundercats as a kid, but I'm positive Mumm-Ra would own Skelly in a fight. The only chance Skeletor would have against Mumm-Ra would be creating portals and summoning other demons to take him on, but Mumm-Ra would take them down until someone just happened upon showing him his own reflection.

I'm a lot more partial to MOTU, but I'm trying to be honest here.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Skeletor would win.

Skeletor could totally take Mumm-Ra!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Skeletor would win.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

As far as i remember the series, mumrah never won a battle at all. Skeletor FTW

I guess it depends on which version of Skeletor fights Mumm-Ra:

Mini-Comic: A nearly even fight. Both are highly-powered sorcerers and capable hand-to-hand fighters, though i would give Mumm-Ra the advantage in melee. Mumm-Ra seems nearly invincible when powered up, taking on all the T-cats at once. Both would summon their minions, but Skeletor's would arrive sooner. Skeletor's sword and staff seem to have no powers, while the Sword of Plundarr is nearly as powerful as the Sword of Omens. After a long battle, Skeletor would run away, barely escaping with his life.

Filmation: Mumm-Ra blasts the bumbling Skeletor into grave dust.

Movie: Skeletor took over Castle Grayskull and all Eternia. It would be a long battle, much like mini-comic, but this time Skeletor sends Mumm-Ra back to the pyramid.

NA: I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I think Skeletor would trick his Mutants into doing all the work. When they are obliterated, he'll decide it's not worth the effort.

200X (4HM): Skeletor beat He-Man and took his sword, combining both halves of the Power Sword and gaining its strength. Skeletor wins

MYP: Mumm-Ra wins the first battle, but Skeletor escapes to plot his revenge. He consults his books and experts, finding Mumm-Ra's weakness. He uses the Ram Stone to destroy Mumm-Ra's pyramid, cutting him off from his source of power. Skeletor then traps Mumm-Ra in a crystal, absorbing his magic.

MOTUC: Remains to be seen, but with both a high-powered Havoc Staff and one half of the Power Sword, and the power of Demo-Man within him, I think it come out similar to the MYP encounter. Mumm-Ra surprises Skeletor for an early win, Skeletor not expecting such a strong foe. But old Bone Face eventually takes out the Third Earth menace.

Summary: 4 wins for Skeletor, 3 for Mumm-Ra, depending on which version is fighting.

Just out of curiosity, when's the second fight going to be posted?

Skeletor....remember the phrase: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall"
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Heroic Warrior
    I know I've said this elsewhere, so apologies all around...

... but Skeletor uses the Havok Staff to boil the very earth under the Ancient Tomb of Evil, broiling the mummified remains of the Ever-Living in its sarcophagus. Skeletor then takes the rare opportunity to directly absorb other evil into his own, making himself that much more dangerous...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

AFTER THE ANCIENT SPIRITS OF EVIL MADE HIM IMMUNE TO HIS OWN REFLECTION...
    Does not say very much about Mumm ra if he needed that little something before we can start to argue about who would win .?

Skeletor has more experience , more endurance , access to technology and artifacts. His minions and vehicles are better.

Mumm Ra was way more scary looking but thats about it , He never really did much when he transformed nor did he stay like that for very long .

Mumm Ra /Skeletor is an undead spell casting villian
    Mumm RA /HeMan who transforms by the power of the ancient spirits of evil .
    Mumm Ra /Sorceress cannot leave his Mystic pyramid sanctuary except when he has transformed .
    Mumm Ra / Sorceress gives sage advice to the mutants on what next to do .
    Mystic Pyramid / Castle Greyskull An isolated structure full of mystery and power .
    Third earth / Eternia an alien planet that has both magic , technology and mythical creatures .

I enjoyed Thundercats but Skeletor wins because he is original . Mumm RA owes his very existence to Skeletor .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; May 9, 2014 at 08:42pm.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold