Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gama vision TRI-KLOPS V.2 with a light up eye

Gama vision TRI-KLOPS V.2 with a light up eye

This was made for HAIRYBEASTMAN in a trade we made today

I hope he enjoys him. I let him pick out the color eye he wanted. The push button on the back no longer makes his arm move now it makes his gama vision eye TURN ON!!!

Let me know what ya think!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

All i can say is that is freaking sweet and cant wait to get it !!! thank you !!
    It's not what you ride. It's that you ride.

Hey bush let the door hit you on the way out !!!!

OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

If this NYC Meet and Greet goes well I think we will have to fly you out here to show us how the hell you dothat in a future meeting. That is awesome really.
    Are you an electrican if not THINK BOUT IT!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by hairybeastman
    All i can say is that is freaking sweet and cant wait to get it !!! thank you !!
    Thanks for the awesome trade!!! glad you like him. He will be in the mail on Wed. this week.

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms
    If this NYC Meet and Greet goes well I think we will have to fly you out here to show us how the hell you dothat in a future meeting. That is awesome really.
    Are you an electrican if not THINK BOUT IT!
    No not an electrician. I am game for a trip to NYC believe that!!!!!!!!
    anytime!!!!! thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine
    Amazing.
    I see you used one word and straight to the point!!

thank you

Dead_Man
    Any chance you could show us some pics of your power supply, TRAPPER? I've got some more customs I'd like to do with LED's but I'm currently at a loss as for powering them. I'm sure you're using button cell batteries but how they are connected is what really interests me.

WOW!!! Amazing work there Trapper.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

I just have to keep comming back here and drooling over this i cant wait to get it you are for sure getting some bonus's for this one!!!!

OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

Master of lack of time Fahnengrabbler's Avatar
    Great!!! I like it very much. I'd love some pictures of the powering too!

Sweeeeet!!!!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Now THAT'S how you update a figure like Tri-Klops!!! Very cool... I wish Mattel had done something like this for an action feature.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74
    Now THAT'S how you update a figure like Tri-Klops!!! Very cool... I wish Mattel had done something like this for an action feature.
    Thanks zodak74 this guy was fun to make and relatively easy for a beginer like me so I would have thought this would have been a cool upgrade also
    thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairybeastman
    I just have to keep comming back here and drooling over this i cant wait to get it you are for sure getting some bonus's for this one!!!!
    BAD NEWS!!!! about your tri-klops

j/k guess you will have to wait untill monday or tuesday to get him but feel free to come back as often as you want until you get him..

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    Sweeeeet!!!!!!
    Thanks oICEMANo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad
    WOW!!! Amazing work there Trapper.
    Glad you liked him. I was going to make spitfire's eyes light up but I think
    it would have been to much with all the other details.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnengrabbler
    Great!!! I like it very much. I'd love some pictures of the powering too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Man
    Any chance you could show us some pics of your power supply, TRAPPER? I've got some more customs I'd like to do with LED's but I'm currently at a loss as for powering them. I'm sure you're using button cell batteries but how they are connected is what really interests me.

If you look at here at EDGOR
    I showed a small tutorial for the batteries, LED's,and a switch Those batteries were the round nickel size flat ones that you can buy a housing with small terminals to soder the connection wires onto. Edgor is big enough to put that type into and build a switch for the back. Triklops body was not big enough.
    1) boiled the body and popped it open
    2) pulled out the armor
    3) took apart the action feature spring and fly wheels
    4) cut the inside of the push button in half
    5) trimmed the inside of the body so there was just a little carriage for the batteries to sit
    6) Took three small button batteries TAPED them together with one wire attached to one end.
    7) Used hot glue gut to fix it into place
    8) Threaded the wires into the neck
    9) drilled a hole into the clear viser at an angle so the led would fit right in
    10) connected everything then closed him back up add a little super glue and
    there you have it
    11) IT IS A LITTLE TRICKIER THAN IT SOUNDS!!
    12) So now when you push the button on the back it pushes the edge of the batteries and compressess them to activate the light. Hope this helps

Both of you guys use LED's how do the two of you guys do it??

I will Take pictures of everything on the next one I make.

If anyone would like to commission me to make one just send me a PM!!

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar

AMAZING work here my friend. I appreciate this thread for other reasons too
    But man that Trik is AWESOME!
    You know, I think you should give a certain Skelly some disco strobe light eyes...
    I really appreciate that LED/edgor how to thread, it's gonna come in hand for one of my vintage animal customs

WOW!

That is AMAZING!

Yeah Yeah I know you explained the process but I just do not understand how you did this so perfectly?!?!?

Dis you use a laser to cut the figure open or something? Where is the mess?

Clean, Perfect work TRAPPER!

I am amazed.
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun
    WOW!
    That is AMAZING!
    Yeah Yeah I know you explained the process but I just do not understand how you did this so perfectly?!?!?
    Dis you use a laser to cut the figure open or something? Where is the mess?
    Clean, Perfect work TRAPPER!
    I am amazed.
    Thanks J-sun I was really surprised how well I was able to do this one I had done one before like this one a few months back and it was not as clean. I also did one in july2004 that is where my avatar came from (thanks to hefty). That one was a hack job so definetly getting alot better. Yes no piles of pooh right

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76

AMAZING work here my friend. I appreciate this thread for other reasons too But man that Trik is AWESOME!
    You know, I think you should give a certain Skelly some disco strobe light eyes..I really appreciate that LED/edgor how to thread, it's gonna come in hand for one of my vintage animal customs
    Yeah just wait and see how that skelly and trik turn out there will be laser beams everywhere!!!!!!!!
    Thanks again and any help you need just let me know!!

blako
    What do i think?

NICE!

I love the clean, seamless reassebly. The use of the redecco Tri klops is perfect for the light up feature. Thanks for explaining how you did it, I may have to open up my tri klops repaint and LIGHT HIM UP!

REALLY NICE WORK TRAPPER!

B

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Incredible I love how clean the update turned out. Tha's the action feature he should have had in the first place. I wish my Tri-Klops did that.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAPPER
    Thanks J-sun I was really surprised how well I was able to do this one I had done one before like this one a few months back and it was not as clean. I also did one in july2004 that is where my avatar came from (thanks to hefty). That one was a hack job so definetly getting alot better. Yes no piles of pooh right

Cheers! It seems practice DOES make perfect - Definitely in this case - Awesome-ness!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun
    Cheers! It seems practice DOES make perfect - Definitely in this case - Awesome-ness!
    Thanks again J

Quote Originally Posted by blako
    What do i think?
    NICE!
    I love the clean, seamless reassebly. The use of the redecco Tri klops is perfect for the light up feature. Thanks for explaining how you did it, I may have to open up my tri klops repaint and LIGHT HIM UP!

REALLY NICE WORK TRAPPER!
    B
    Thanks B I do appreciate the kind words If you need any help let me know!!

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448
    Incredible I love how clean the update turned out. Tha's the action feature he should have had in the first place. I wish my Tri-Klops did that.
    PM has been sent to ya and yes taking orders

Glad you liked him

Dead_Man
    If you look at here at EDGOR
    I showed a small tutorial for the batteries, LED's,and a switch Those batteries were the round nickel size flat ones that you can buy a housing with small terminals to soder the connection wires onto. Edgor is big enough to put that type into and build a switch for the back. Triklops body was not big enough.
    1) boiled the body and popped it open
    2) pulled out the armor
    3) took apart the action feature spring and fly wheels
    4) cut the inside of the push button in half
    5) trimmed the inside of the body so there was just a little carriage for the batteries to sit
    6) Took three small button batteries TAPED them together with one wire attached to one end.
    7) Used hot glue gut to fix it into place
    8) Threaded the wires into the neck
    9) drilled a hole into the clear viser at an angle so the led would fit right in
    10) connected everything then closed him back up add a little super glue and
    there you have it
    11) IT IS A LITTLE TRICKIER THAN IT SOUNDS!!
    12) So now when you push the button on the back it pushes the edge of the batteries and compressess them to activate the light. Hope this helps

Both of you guys use LED's how do the two of you guys do it??
    I used button cell batteries that already had terminal soldered onto them, otherwise our techniques are very much alike. However, it sounds like you've done some straight soldering onto the batteries themselves before? Isn't there a risk of overheating the battery and causing it to leak or, worse, explode?

Master of lack of time Fahnengrabbler's Avatar
    @TRAPPER:
    Thanks for your tutorial.
    Wake up - www.zeitgeistmovie.com - before it is too late!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnengrabbler
    @TRAPPER:
    Thanks for your tutorial.
    no problem!!!! Do all of your lights have outside battery packs for power
    They look cool. It took me a while to figure how to take them apart the right way and carve out the space needed then to build the perfect size pack. I would really enjoy knowing how you did yours also

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Man
    I used button cell batteries that already had terminal soldered onto them, otherwise our techniques are very much alike. However, it sounds like you've done some straight soldering onto the batteries themselves before? Isn't there a risk of overheating the battery and causing it to leak or, worse, explode?
    I never soder right on the battery, Yes that would be very bad!!!!NO ONE TRY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I either use tape or use hot glue to encase the whole apparatus if that makes since to make it so the wires do not move. PM me it you need help!!!
    I look forward to seeing some more of your customs!!

Dead_Man
    I never soder right on the battery, Yes that would be very bad!!!!NO ONE TRY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I either use tape or use hot glue to encase the whole apparatus if that makes since to make it so the wires do not move. PM me it you need help!!!
    I look forward to seeing some more of your customs!!
    OK, that clears it up for me. I can definitely proceed in the future with more light-ups with that knowledge.

Like TRAPPER said everyone: do not solder directly on the battery!

Got the tri-clops today and he looks and works great!! Cant even tell that it was split apart!! GREAT WORK!!!

OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

How do you split your figures without nearly ruining the chest like I do, Trapper? Heat in warm or boiling water, obviously, but what do you pull/pry with, and where is your point of attack?

Thanks!
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!