View Poll Results: What are your favuorite 5 She-ra episodes out of the ones below (choose 5 only!)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Price of Freedom

33 54.10%
  • Of Shadows and Skulls

33 54.10%
  • Sweet Bee's Home

32 52.46%
  • The Stone in the Sword

38 62.30%
  • The Crystal Castle

27 44.26%
  • Assault On The Hive

15 24.59%
  • The Price of Power

14 22.95%
  • Into the Dark Dimension

21 34.43%
  • Horde Prime Takes A Holiday

26 42.62%
  • Huntara

23 37.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: She-ra (best of) episodes poll 1

She-ra (best of) episodes poll 1

Please vote for your favourite She-ra episodes out of the ones listed.

Please only vote for 5 episodes out of the list of 10.

The episodes listed in this poll are based on the results in this thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...he-ra+episodes

So don't think I'm being biased to the 20 I listed in both polls.

Please also vote in the other poll:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...53#post1455553
    Last edited by blackiecats; July 25, 2005 at 08:59pm.

After all these years I still can't work out why so many people love "The Stone in the Sword". It had a great premise, but only ended up being slightly better than average, IMO.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

hey i chose horde prime takes a holiday so nothing to worry bout
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

I like the results of the poll so far.

If a She-ra best of DVD was to come out and 'The Crystal Castle' came in 5th place (as it is at the moment) I think it would be an excellent choice for the first episode of disc 1.

As for the rest of the episodes, production ordering on the discs would probably be best.

Disc 1:

1/The Crystal Castle
    2/The Stone in the Sword
    3/The Price of Freedom
    4/Treasure of the First Ones
    5/My Friend, My Enemy

Disc 2:

1/Unexpected Ally
    2/Loo-Kee Lends a Hand
    3/Of Shadows and Skulls
    4/Flowers for Hordak
    5/Sweet Bee's Home

If I remember right, 5 of those episodes feature appearances by He-man and 3 episodes feature Skeletor, which should keep He-man fans happy.

I'm quite happy with the choice of episodes people have made. Well perhaps except 'Unexpected Ally' because I don't remember much about it other than being just a standard episode.

If BCI do release She-ra and a 10 best collection is made and we get to vote again for the episodes that make the discs, I just hope that they take note of this poll when deciding what episodes to put to a public vote!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    After all these years I still can't work out why so many people love "The Stone in the Sword". It had a great premise, but only ended up being slightly better than average, IMO.
    Well it's a fan-favourite, so in time people may consider it to be a fact that what is "fan´s choise", it must be a classic-material. Why would so many like it if it weren't?

But seriously, it does use the basic "hero-cycle" (which you can also find in "Dragon's Gift" and "Power of Grayskull") where a something bad happens, hero goes on a quest to find the cure, faces many troubles on the way which test his abilities or moral, receives help on this journey from others, finds the cure, returns victorious
    These alone should make any story worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats

I'm quite happy with the choice of episodes people have made. Well perhaps except 'Unexpected Ally' because I don't remember much about it other than being just a standard episode.
    I find "Unexpected Ally" to be the one good episode about a man changing the sides. She-Ra even delivers one her best speeches in the series on that episode. And General Sunder was good enough character to make a comeback, for he did in fact have great potential in him...perhaps as much as Sea Hawk did.
    Last edited by Jukka; August 11, 2005 at 08:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    Well it's a fan-favourite, so in time people may consider it to be a fact that what is "fan´s choise", it must be a classic-material. Why would so many like it if it weren't?

But seriously, it does use the basic "hero-cycle" (which you can also find in "Dragon's Gift" and "Power of Grayskull") where a something bad happens, hero goes on a quest to find the cure, faces many troubles on the way which test his abilities or moral, receives help on this journey from others, finds the cure, returns victorious
    These alone should make any story worth reading.
    I suppose - but short of Adora jewel-sword breaking (fantastic concept) and us meeting the First Ones, this episode has nothing *spectacular* to offer, IMO. The challenges she faces aren't particularly amazing viewing. The walking-through-the-flames bit is nice, but the rest a little boring... The Fright Zone scenes at the end are pretty forgettable too.

Maybe I need to watch a sped-up PAL version.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

I think the main reason I like it is because we learn more about the sword and Crystal Castle.

I also like Kowel's line "Adora, why aren't you She-ra?"

I think the episode also emphasised the fact that Adora is She-ra rather than She-ra is Adora. In other words in a lot of ways Adora is as Heroic as She-ra and it's Adora's skills and strength that make She-ra who she is.

I also like the scenes of Adora climbing Sky Dancer mountain.

Definately in the best 5 episodes of She-ra along with 'Of Shadows and Skulls'

Those 2 episodes are probably my most favourite episodes of the entire series.

Because it has so much of Adora in it. And we all know that Adora is a red hot fox (c) TheShadow.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

I like it for the speech towards the end by the First Ones followed by "Are these not the qualities of She-Ra?"
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I suppose - but short of Adora jewel-sword breaking (fantastic concept) and us meeting the First Ones, this episode has nothing *spectacular* to offer, IMO. The challenges she faces aren't particularly amazing viewing. The walking-through-the-flames bit is nice, but the rest a little boring... The Fright Zone scenes at the end are pretty forgettable too.

Maybe I need to watch a sped-up PAL version.
    It's kind of like the MYP MotU episode with King Grayskull.
    Formulaic, Unoriginal, but it has some history that gives us a little insight on the past. Of course unlike PoP's Sword in the Stone, the MYP episode was a visual treat of new art and characters.

Sword in the Stone is not my favorite episode. It is one that's easy to remember though.
    I think that recognition factor makes iot easy to vote on. Some probably say . . I remember it, so it must have been pretty good.
    Last edited by McHorde-Trooper; August 15, 2005 at 09:00am.

I really like The Stone in the Sword! I still have that one on tape (a very very old tape lol). Like the others I love the scene where Adora walked into the fire. I also really liked the speech from the First Ones "Are these not the qualities of She-Ra? Raise your sword Adora" I love that! =)

I also liked seeing Adora go through those tests to get there. I loved seeing her scale the mountain.

It's one of my favorites and if there were a DVD collection of the best of She-Ra I'd hope it would be on there.

Granted, I don't remember a whole lot of episodes, but I do remember loving this episode.

I also really like Huntara!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    I like it for the speech towards the end by the First Ones followed by "Are these not the qualities of She-Ra?"
    Hands down, probably the best part in the episode. It works nicely since Adora was actually allowed to show that she could be a leader, unlike Adam.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    Assualt on the Hive was good even though it was the last appearances of
    He-Man and Skeletor. It would of been nice if they came back in
    the final episode Swiftys Baby.
    Give a Hoot Don't Pollute!

The Price of Power? Isn't that a He-Man episode?

Sadly, I can't really remember any episodes except for "Secret of the Sword."
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy
    The Price of Power? Isn't that a He-Man episode?
    Nope. It's the She-ra episode that shows Shadow Weavers origin.

Your probably thinking of 'The Problem With Power'