118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 28.81%
  • No

84 71.19%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like Loo-Kee

Chris here...

LOL, I haven't been back to this thread in a while and have only just spotted this comment - sorry Neil!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats
    You have Spinnerella?!
    No, I actually don't have many POP figures at all, and all the ones I do have are from childhood - although I love the She-Ra cartoon more than He-Man, the POP line of toys doesn't appeal to me as much. The one I'd love to own, though, would be Loo-Kee, just because he's such a "cartoon-centric" character!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Deee-L
    I like him.

I remember that as a youngster I liked him and thought he was a cute character that added charm to the morals section at the end of episodes but viewing the series with adult eyes & perspective...that's a different matter. He does have an irritating voice but no more so than Orko's voice.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

He's not my favourite character, but I like him. I thought he was cute and sweet. "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand" was always one of my fave eps. It always stuck out in my mind and I remembered it and I saw it after 15 years just recently. I loved how someone out side of the usual known 7 found out the secrets as the ep went on.
    Even now I still look for him when watching an ep. If I don't see him I look again at the end of the ep.
    Some people think he was childish. Ummm... maybe because he was a child of his race and was meant to act childish. He's also less childish than some adults I know.
    Beware Scorpios... they sting!

I don't mind him, and I liked him a lot in "Lookee lends a hand".

My only regret about his character, though, is that it meant that we'd get no Bow, Glimmer, or She-Ra (except one) delivering a moral at the end of the story. I think that it could have made for a tighter protagonist cast if they were giving morals at the end of the story talking about one another (as Man-At-Arms, Teela, and He-Man did).

To this day, I honestly think that this is the big edge that He-Man has on his sister as far as remembering the good vibes of the 80s are concerned. If you look at youtube, you'll find a few tributes to He-Man's wonderfully delivered morals (even one used to lend advice to President Bush - lol), but She-Ra only helped deliver a moral once (the sexual harassment PSA).
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

eh, he was ok, and i do mean just a little bit..
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I think its safe to say Loo-Kee is the Wheelie of the POP series

I hate the character Loo-kee like I do that transformer Wheelie

adora24
    how can you not like lookee he is the cutest thing!!!!!!!

It's not that don't like Loo-Kee. I just don't care about him.

He's not my favorite character, but I think he's cute as a button!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a fan of Loo-Kee.
    ne jabba no badda!

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    When I first got the DVDs I couldn't stand him, and that screechy voice, but he's grown on me to "okay" now.

Like Canadian_He-Man said though, it does annoy me that Bow, Madame Razz, Adora, She-Ra, Scorpia, Leech, and Shadow Weaver never got to deliver any of the morals (okay so the Horde would totally not deliver morals, but I just think it'd be cool and funny, lol).
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

not my favorite character ....when I watch dvds I always skip his moral lessons ....so boring .....and that voice 2 !!!!
    but I reckon lookee lends an hand its such a cool episode from POP ......even if the fact that loo kee discover real identity of she-ra and he-man its just too much ....I mean.....isnt loo kee always hiding in self places similar to the ones useful for she-ra transformation and so he should know adora/she-ra true identity !!!!!
    I know its weird !!!!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

One word.....Annoying........

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Loo-Kee isn't my *favourite* character, but I do like him.

I think he has a lot of potential, that is largely untapped.

I don't really recall much of his voice or character from the cartoon, and I kind of watched the swedish dubs anyway, so it won't be quite the same.

He may end up becoming the next man in line for the redesign challenge on the board btw, so if that happens you'll get to see very many different drawings of him.

I like him. I never understood all the hatred for him, must be the voice.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    i'm not a very big fan of lookee... especially when they had him become an actual character in the episodes. i thought his place was perfect as the hidden guy with the moral at the end.
    That's what I think in a nutshell. Loo-Kee's cool when he's just hiding out and delivering morals, but when I have to listen to his grating voice for an entire episode... no thank you.

That's the reason for me....

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I like him. I never understood all the hatred for him, must be the voice.

He's not my favorite character, but I don't mind him. He's just another mechanic to help kids relate the moral of the episode and make it feel like its a casual conversation between friends instead of a seemingly lecture from He-Man, She-Ra or Man-At-Arms. Besides, as a precursor to "Where's Waldo?" it only begs the question (intentional pun here): where would "Where's Waldo?" be without Loo-Kee? Heh, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

I'll let you guys in on a basket of "fish" I caught a long time ago when I was in a "Justice League Heroes" phase. In my idea for an MOTU Dungeon Slasher/RPG video game, I'd utilize Loo-Kee as a means to unclock extra content in each level. It'd be exactly like "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" used the impossible-to-find Black Panther and Daredevil figures as the key to unlock those two playable characters.

I'll post that business in a different thread when I'm ready. So, to answer the question, Loo-Kee's cool with me. Even if my wife and I jokingly call him a Rainbow Brite rip-off fudda mucka at the start of every moral. Honestly, there really aren't any characters in this mythos that I have a problem with... except Bow. After watching all of POP, I've learned to tolerate him. His costume still looks ridiculous.

Peace.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

No, Not Me!!!! I Don't Like Loo-kee!!!! He Puts On My Nreves! Too Easy To Find!!!

I like Lo-kee cause it is what brough the cartoon all together and it still have the lessons like he-man did just that She-ra and lo-kee to do it. So to me yes I like him.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

No, But I like him anyway(It's always fun to look for him)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

He is not my favorite character, or even one of my favorites, but I do like him. I hope he gets made in the Classics line.

Snappy Threader
    I like him. Hope he gets the classics treatment.

That would be cool(even though I don't collect the classic line myself)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!