Thread: New Legacy 1.7 - The Horde, Part Four

Hybrid View

New Legacy 1.7 - The Horde, Part Four

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: NEW LEGACY

Episode Six: The Horde, Part Four: Reunions

Written by Mirage and thew40
    Art by Jukka

Previously . . .
    Since she received a blood transfusion from the Sorceress of Grayskull, Teela has experienced moments of telepathy. These are usually few and far in between are a guarded secret of hers.

The Horde has returned and as they tore through the first wave of defense, He-Man and Skeletor were captured by Hordak. However, He-Man attempted to reach his long-lost twin sister, Adora and reveal the truth behind her life with the Horde. She refused to believe it.

In the meantime, Hordak launched several campagins, including one against Andreena, where Princess Sweet-Bee and Lord Buzz-Off were captured. Hordak then led an attack against Castle Grayskull, where he failed in destroying the former fortress of his enemy and was teleported away thanks to Zodak and the Sorceress. While this was occuring, He-Man finally got convinced Adora of the nature of the Horde and she aided him in escaping.

It is now only mere moments since then . . .

-------------

Mirage, Jukka, and Thew40 present . . .

Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Episode 1-8
    "The Horde – Part Four: Reunions"

Act One: Unexpected

He-Man emerged from Doom Tower and his Sword of Power slid into the mechanical belly of the Horde Troopers. Adora was right behind him, weapon aimed, still not convinced this was the best course of action. She still walked along with him, guiding him towards the exit.

The door opened and the pair stepped out from the wall. He-Man took down four other Horde Troopers before they could react.

“How are we supposed to get to Eternos?” asked Adora.

Just then, a huge green tiger with red armor came rushing out from a small nearby cave. Battle-Cat, waiting for his master the whole time. He-Man scratched his faithful companion behind the ears, eliciting a gentle purr.

“Adora . . . meet Battle-Cat.”

“Your steed?”

“Yeah. Hop on board.”

Zodak came rushing out of Castle Grayskull. He lifted up his staff and sent it sailing. It smashed into a Horde Trooper as the Horde began to withdraw from the area. With Grizzlor and Manteena having to return to their posts and Shadow Weaver looking for the teleported Hordak, Multi-Bot was overrun.

Teela, Man-At-Arms, Man-E-Faces, Clamp Champ, and Ram-Man continued to blast the Horde Troopers, joined by Zodak now. Alongside two dozen Royal Soldiers, the Masters were winning this battle.

As the Horde Troopers finally withdrew into the Evergreen Forest, Man-At-Arms turned to the others. “Pursue them best you can,” he ordered. “Teela, I want you to remain here. Keep watch over the Sorceress.”

“Understood,” Teela replied. The Masters were off in a flash and Teela turned to the massive fortress.

Hordak finally emerged in the Evergreen Forest, about ten miles west of Castle Grayskull. Where AM I? he wondered, trying to regain his bearings.

"My Lord," said a raspy feminine voice nearby.

Hordak turned towards the voice. Before him stood Shadow Weaver, his top lieutenant in all her robed glory.

"Weaver," Hordak said finally.

"My Lord, I am the bearer of bad tidings," said Shadow Weaver. "He-Man has escaped."

"WHAT?" Hordak exclaimed, outraged.

"He-Man has escaped from Doom Tower," said Shadow Weaver. "…And Force Captain Adora is missing."

"Find her … find Adora." Hordak then said darkly, "I will deal with He-Man later."

"Yes, Lord Hordak." With that, Shadow Weaver reached out with her mind, searching for Adora.

Teela marched uneasily towards the approach to Castle Grayskull. No matter how often I come here, I can never quite get used to the place, she thought.

Teela came to a stop just short of where the approach met the drawbridge. "Sorcer-…?" she cried. Just before she could get the word out, the drawbridge lowered, bidding her to enter. She's expecting me, Teela thought.

"Sorceress?" Teela stood in the doorway of The Sorceress of Grayskull's massive, lavish bedchamber (The Sorceress had summoned her there telepathically.)

"Over here," said The Sorceress weakly from her bed. The battle with Hordak had left her physically exhausted.

Teela walked hesitantly over to the side of The Sorceress's bed. "Father sent me here … to check on you," said Teela. "What happened?"

"Hordak … attacked me," said The Sorceress, her voice barely above a whisper.

Teela gasped and clasped her hand over her mouth in shock. She had never seen the Sorceress like this before -- weak, helpless, seemingly drained of energy. "You … gonna be OK?" she asked haltingly.

"I'll be fine," said The Sorceress softly. "I just need to rest."

All at once, images of Adora and Shadow Weaver filled her vision. Shadow Weaver seeks Adora, The Sorceress thought. "Teela…"

"Yes, Sorceress?"

"I need you to do something."

"What is it?"

"Come closer," said The Sorceress.

Teela edged closer to the head of The Sorceress's bed. "What do you want me to do?" she asked.

"Give me your hand."

Teela held out her hand. The Sorceress then gently took Teela's hand in hers. All at once, an image of Shadow Weaver in the Evergreen Forest filled Teela's vision.

"What're you doing?" Teela asked, a note of fear creeping into her voice.

"Don't be afraid," said the Sorceress telepathically in Teela's mind, her voice having a soothing, almost maternal quality about it.

"What's going on?"

"I have to stop Shadow Weaver," said the Sorceress.

All at once, Teela felt a surge of psychic energy flow through her. For a brief, shining moment, Teela and the Sorceress were one: one flesh, one mind, one spirit. Wave after wave of psychic energy flooded Teela.

Through the psychic blasts, Teela could just barely discern something else: love. Overwhelming love. Love for HER, of all people. Why ME? Teela wondered. I never knew she felt that way about me.

"My Lord Hordak," said Shadow Weaver. "My attempts to find Adora are being blocked."

"BLAST!" Hordak exclaimed. He then sighed and said, "Let's get out of here, Weaver. There's nothing more we can do."

A little while later, the Sorceress had relinquished her psychic hold on Teela. Teela stood at the side of the Sorceress's bed, pinching the bridge of her nose and trying to stop the tears that were falling from her eyes.

"Teela," said The Sorceress.

"Huh?" Teela grunted in reply.

"What's wrong?" The Sorceress asked, concerned.

"Nothing's wrong," Teela countered.

"You're crying…"

"I … don't know what to say," said Teela. The tears had finally stopped falling. "I … never knew you felt that way about me."

"Sometimes … it's best not to say anything," said The Sorceress, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I … really should go," said Teela as she turned to leave. "I'll tell Father you're OK."

"Teela…"

Teela turned back to face the Sorceress. "Yeah?"

"Thank you," said the Sorceress.

Teela nodded weakly. "I was … glad I could help," she said. She then shyly waved good-bye, turned, and left the room.

Someday, you'll understand, thought the Sorceress as Teela left the room. Someday, you'll understand.

-------------

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    WOW! I've been playing 'catch up' with the last few chapters and hokey smokes this is incredible!

The artwork is AWESOME. Jukka's really outdone himself here.

Outstand job everyone!

(Oooooh, are we ever gonna see what happened to Buzz-Off and Sweet Bee? *brick'd*)
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Quote Originally Posted by the parasite eve
    The artwork is AWESOME. Jukka's really outdone himself here.

Outstand job everyone!

(Oooooh, are we ever gonna see what happened to Buzz-Off and Sweet Bee? *brick'd*)
    There is nothing more to say about it
    God's in his heaven - all's right with the world

are they going to bump into bert racoon in the evergreen forest?

(sorry, couldn't resist )

bring on the next installment!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Great art Jukka and great writing Mirage and Thew40, both of you. This is an awesome chapter. Please keep it coming.
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

Heroic Warrior
    I like I like

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    yes yes yes. thank u. i enjoy that stuff really

Heroic Warrior
    Great story yet again and the art WOW!!!! great job jukka, the detail is amazing.
    "You Must Show No Mercy Nor Have Any Belief, Whatsoever In How Others Judge You, For Your Greatness Will Silence Them All"

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre
    are they going to bump into bert racoon in the evergreen forest?

(sorry, couldn't resist )

bring on the next installment!

The Evergreen forest was part of MotU back in the 80's long before the Racoons aired.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I know

Great job, Jukka! It's good to finally see Shadow Weaver.
    Is there going to be more?

AWESOME STORY AND ART!

You guys are Amazing!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Really good, cant wait for the next part!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Act Two – Family Restored

“He-Man’s back!” shouted the guard at the gate. “He’s alive!”

The doors to Eternos came rumbling open and Battle-Cat came rushing in, He-Man and Adora on his back. Citizens of Eternos emerged from their homes and watched from the windows and balconies and doors as the great hero returned. There were whispers, however, as to just who was the woman sitting behind him.

Battle-Cat came to the pavilion before the Palace doors. Man-At-Arms and Orko were there, waiting for him.

“You escaped!” shouted Orko, rushing over to He-Man. “And you . . . um . . .”

Man-At-Arms’ jaw dropped. “Adora . . .” he whispered.

“Yes,” Adora replied, heart thundering, cheeks red. Her blue eyes scanned over the Palace before her, instinctively counting and noting every soldier and guard in sight. She then looked to the door to the Palace.

“How did . . .?”

“I’m here to meet my parents,” Adora then said. “Hordak’s been lying to me my entire life. I . . . need to know the truth.”

“You know the truth,” He-Man reminded her.

Adora didn’t answer, but doubt resonated in her mind. She had been lied to since she was a mere baby, but how could she know that this here was the truth? How could she know that this was where she truly belonged? She came because she couldn’t stand to be at Doom Tower for another second, but was this the wisest course of action?

“Orko, why don’t you take the princess into the Palace? To her . . . parents,” Man-At-Arms added. “I need to de-brief He-Man.”

“Sure thing!” Orko yelped and put his hand on Adora’s shoulder.

Adora instinctively slammed her palm into Orko’s face. Orko went rolling back in the air.

“OW OW OW OWIE OW!”

Adora let out a shuddering breath and shook her hand. “Oh, Horde World, I’m sorry,” she apologized to the Trollian. “I’m just . . . and I’m not used to it . . .”

“Maybe I should take you in,” He-Man offered.

“Nah, I’m okay!” Orko then said, waving his hands in the air. “Come on, Princess!”

Adora smiled a little, then followed Orko into the Palace. As soon as they were out of earshot, Man-At-Arms turned to He-Man.

“How did this happen?”

“I told her the truth, she didn’t believe me,” He-Man answered. “She checked the records and it shook the lies she was told. And then . . . she talked to Skeletor.”

“Skeletor?!”

He-Man looked to his old mentor. “If it weren’t for Skeletor, I doubt she would have crossed over to our side. I’m afraid we may end debt to old bone head.” He-Man then took in a nervous breath. “Now, if you’ll excuse me . . .”

“You’re gonna love it here!” shouted Orko as he and Adora walked down a long corridor. “The food is great, the people are fun, and I’ll even do some magic for ya!”

Adora perked an eyebrow, not used to any of this. The brightness of the Palace was such a sharp contrast to the dark of Doom Tower and Despondos. The vast windows she passed by let such beautiful, late morning sunlight.

Did she belong here, this stolen child of war? Did she have a place here, among royalty? Could she live life as a Princess not a warrior?

Would anyone truly accept her?

“Here we are!” Orko chuckled once they reached two huge wooden doors.

Adora paused, eyes uncertain, expression lost. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears. Orko waved his hands and the doors opened wide. Adora moved to the side, as Orko instructed her, so she couldn’t be seen.

“Entrances are everything!” he then added, the doors now open. He floated into the throne room.

“We’ll send the attack squad tonight, then,” King Randor was overheard as saying.

“AHEM!” Orko let out.

King Randor and Queen Marlena were sitting their thrones. Various dignitaries and members of the Royal Court were also in the throne room, speaking to each other. Marlena looked up at Orko, and then Randor followed.

“If I could have your attention, please!” Orko shouted. Everyone looked to him, away from their work.

“What is it, Orko?” Randor asked, frustration in his voice. “Can’t you see we’re in the middle of a war right now?!”

“Ohh, don’t I know it!” he said sheepishly. “We’ve got a special guest for ya, your majesties!”

“Yes, I know. He-Man has returned,” Randor grunted. “Man-At-Arms is with him right now.”

“Oh, not just He-Man, King Randor!”

Marlena leaned forward. “Orko . . .”

Pulling out a megaphone, Orko let his high-pitched voice carry through the throne room. “YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESSES . . . MAY I PRESENT TO YOU THE LONG-LOST - ”

“By the Ancients,” whispered Marlena, hands to her mouth.

“ – PRINCESS ADORA!”

Adora walked in.

Marlena was on her feet. Randor was right behind her. Adora’s eyes welled with water as she saw the look of pure, unbridled shock and joy on Marlena’s face. Doubts melted away, the lies completely exposed.

Queen Marlena swept her arms around her daughter, tears pouring from her eyes. King Randor was next to her, hugging both his daughter and the long-lost Princess.

“We thought we lost you,” Marlena sobbed. “I never lost hope.”

Adora started to cry now. “I’m sorry,” she said.

“It’s all right, Adora. It’s all right,” Randor told her. “You’re home now. You’re home.”

Adora had never anything like this. Never felt this kind of love and affection. It was true, it was all true. There was no doubt left in her. Both parents pulled back and took a good long look at their daughter, seeing bits and pieces of themselves reflected in her.

“Adora?” came a male voice from the side. A young man, looking Adora’s age, stood at the doors.

“You must be . . .”

“Your twin brother,” Adam finished for her.

“Yeah.”

Adam hugged his sister, surprising her. Adora then hugged back. Randor and Marlena joined in, all of them hugging and holding each other, ears went with tears, faces overcome with smiles.

Various others began to look upon the wondrous sight. There would come a time for explanations and a time of further conflict with the Horde, but for now, they were one. For now, they were together. For now, within these walls, there was peace.

Teela, who had just returned from Grayskull an hour ago, joined Man-At-Arms and Fisto in one of balconies overlooking the throne room.

“A family reunion?” she asked, not knowing that in a nearby window, a falcon was watching this all unfold as well.

“Yeah,” Duncan returned, his own eyes wet.

“I guess that explains why I didn’t see Adam at Grayskull,” she muttered. Duncan smiled at her and put his hand on her shoulder.

Randor pulled back from his family.

“This is a joyous day for Eternia!” he shouted. “The royal family is whole once more. And by the Ancients, I swear that nothing shall separate us again!”

---------

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Awesome work. I really liked the bit with Orko taking a shot to the face. The picture of the family embrace is great too. Is this the end of this episode or is there another installment?
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool
    .Do you already know who will do the art for 1.8 ?
    Yup. But I ain't tellin'....

Nice job so far; very, very good.
    Why the hell can't there be a regular, printed comic from SOMEONE...ANYONE?!?!?!?
    Oh yeah, I forgot...we know why.
    Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do

I completely missed this. AMAZING the story, the art its all so awesome.

Thank you guys.
    Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. G'Kar Babylon 5
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!