Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra

She-Ra

Has anyone noticed any inconsitencies/bloopers with the She-Ra series?

I have seen a few-particularly in he-man with some animation, but with she-ra they seemed to pull up there trousers and focus on the animation a bit more dont ya think?
    "YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ALURO THUNDERCAT"

Good question. I know I've spotted inconsistencies, but I simply dont know the She-Ra series as well as I do He-Man so I cant recall all the episode titles and/or exact circumstances. I know there have been times where Bow's vest or Swift Wind's mask is the wrong color. The only one I can think up is in General Sunder's debut episode, when She-Ra is giving him her "turn good" speech, her eyes look badly animated for a moment.

Maybe not a technical error, but in "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand" after all the discussion of how everything is frozen, Adora's hand oddly clenches up to hold the Sword of Protection BEFORE He-Man frees her from the freeze spell.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

I can't remember in which episode it happens but Swifty is seen flying with his mane in one shot and then he's a bald pony in the next...
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Are you only looking for bloopers/inconsistencies in animation?

...'cause there's a big "whoops episode", where Adora brings up a childhood memory of her and Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar

...'cause there's a big "whoops episode", where Adora brings up a childhood memory of her and Adam.
    that's too funny, haven't seen that one
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

There are so many inconsistencies, but this *has* to be thw rost offender. Just The Way You Are is reasonably bad at best, but this - and the fact that Glimmer is placed right next to Adam when he transforms - makes the offending episode unforgiveable.

Swifty loses his mane in She-Ra Unchained.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    There's also the case in episode 5 where Adora is talking about Madame Razz as if she's known her all her life, when she was only really introduced to her in episode 4. Fortunately, The Secret of the Sword misses this little bit of dialogue out.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    There are a few, such as Adam and Adora speaking about the gymnastics they used to do as if they'd grown up together, Leech's armband appearing and dissapearing, Glimmer's dissapearing tights, the inability to decide which planet Snout Spout is from, The way putting a potion in one Horde flyer mysteriously transferred it to all of the Horde flyers, The fact that Tung Lashor suddenly ends up working for Skeletor even though he has a huge Horde symbol on his armor.... I could probably go on more if I really stopped and thought about it...
    But hey, who cares, She-Ra will always be the best tv show I've ever seen!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian
    the inability to decide which planet Snout Spout is from
    Or what planet Hose Nose is from--as She-Ra clearly calls him that.

Tall-Star, I never heard the one where Adora refers to Adam like they had grown up together. What a riot! How could they have missed THAT?
    RIP Andy Conrad.

hey

Quote Originally Posted by Killian
    There are a few, such as Adam and Adora speaking about the gymnastics they used to do as if they'd grown up together, Leech's armband appearing and dissapearing, Glimmer's dissapearing tights, the inability to decide which planet Snout Spout is from, The way putting a potion in one Horde flyer mysteriously transferred it to all of the Horde flyers, The fact that Tung Lashor suddenly ends up working for Skeletor even though he has a huge Horde symbol on his armor.... I could probably go on more if I really stopped and thought about it...
    But hey, who cares, She-Ra will always be the best tv show I've ever seen!

Hi, what episode is this from?

Oh in reply to the other post is it hose nose or snout spout then? Why did they change his name?LOL. I have always known his as snout spout.

Quote Originally Posted by threatened2020
    Hi, what episode is this from?

Oh in reply to the other post is it hose nose or snout spout then? Why did they change his name?LOL. I have always known his as snout spout.
    The gymnastics one is Just The Way You Are.

Potion in Horde flyer - The Peril of Whispering Woods.

Tung Lashor working for Skeletor - Gateway to Trouble.

There's an episode where Castaspella whips off her tights as well - those Etherian laydeez, there ain't no stopping them.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    There's an episode where Castaspella whips off her tights as well - those Etherian laydeez, there ain't no stopping them.
    What the heck? Which episode did that happen in?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    What a riot! How could they have missed THAT?
    Maybe it would've been explained in a later episode for dramatic effect.

What the heck? Which episode did that happen in?

I think it's The Eldritch Mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

What child hood memory lol

Here's another one: Randor and Man-At-Arms saying in Secret of the Sword that they were there when Marlena crashed, yet in the flashback in "Teela's Quest" (MOTU) she was alone.

You know, some of those inconsistencies actually make sense...

First of all you can't take any backstory segment without a grain of salt. You've got to remember they're recounting like 20 years of history. Heck, I can barely remember five years ago with any sort of accuracy, I don't hold it against cartoon characters if they can't remember twenty!

It makes a little more sense that maybe Adora wasn't exactly a baby when she was kidnapped. That would explain why her morals didn't fit in with the Horde's, and also I find it hard to believe Randor and Marlena and Duncan would recognize a grown-up Adora if they had only seen her as a little baby. After all, all babies look the same and this blonde woman could've been anyone, but once you hit about three or so you look far more distinct.

Besides, Sorceress said that she had to erase almost everyone's--EVEN ADAM'S--memories of Adora. Adam obviously couldn't have been just a baby then, because babies can't remember jack anyway.

And now that I've given my thesis I'm going to go off and think about that potion transference thing.

They showed Adora get kidnapped and she was definitely a baby.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    The gymnastics one is Just The Way You Are.

Potion in Horde flyer - The Peril of Whispering Woods.

Tung Lashor working for Skeletor - Gateway to Trouble.

You know i was irked at that tongue lasher with a horde symbol. First off because he looked like a lizard man and not the toy. snake men toys came out in spring of 85. It was ok for tongue to work for skeletor because in the minicomic - rattlor and lasher ask for forgiveness that they had no where else to go when hiss dissappeared so they worked for hordak. I accepted that as dogma. lol

It was the multibot working for skeletor in the Xmas special that bothered me. Seemed like skeletor and hordak kept contracting workers to eachother.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    They showed Adora get kidnapped and she was definitely a baby.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit Star View Post
    I find it hard to believe Randor and Marlena and Duncan would recognize a grown-up Adora if they had only seen her as a little baby.
    But she was Adam's twin. Even though the animation may not show it, perhaps they resembled each other quite a bit.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

IIRC, the gymnastics qoute by Adora was made in such a way that it could theoretically refer to gymnastic exercises that her and Adam have engaged in since Secret of the Sword (i.e. I don't think that Adora used the words "when we were kids", but I could be remebering wrong there - I think she simply said, more or less, "Remember that gymnastic training we did together, Adam?").

IOW, that Adora (post-She-Ra) made off-camera visits to Eternia, and during some of her time there, she trained in gymnastics with Adam.

The thing that annoyed me most was the unofficial Hordak/Skeletor worker exchange program...

I actually could swallow it with out on camera explanation if not for the fact that Hordak and Skeletor were fierce enemies from the mid-point of episode 5 onwards.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    IIRC, the gymnastics qoute by Adora was made in such a way that it could theoretically refer to gymnastic exercises that her and Adam have engaged in since Secret of the Sword.

IOW, that Adora (post-She-Ra) made off-camera visits to Eternia, and during some of her time there, she trained in gymnastics with Adam.
    Yes! Someone else thought this, too! I thought I was the only one.

Since I'm a writer, whenever people bring up "inconsistencies" or "goofs" I always try to think of an interpretive loophole where it could really work, for the writers' benefit (even though it's not like they're losing sleep over this 20 years later, lol)---but I was like you, Canadian_He-Man. I didn't have to "reconcile" this, because since the dialogue was written the way it was (i.e., not "when we were kids" or "long ago", just "used to do"), I just automatically thought "Oh, well they didn't grow up together, so she must have just meant some time ago."
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I agree about the gymnastics quote--as long as the writing allows for a logical explanation, it's not a continuity error IMO so much as an ambiguous piece of dialogue. If she had said "when we were kids", sure, that would have been a blatant continuity error.

Also I think a lot of possible continuity errors are excuseable when you take into account that time isn't really accounted for in He-Man/She-Ra. For example, the episodes of Season 1 seem like they could take place over the course of three months, or it could easily be two or three years. If it's been that long, then at that point Adora and Adam really do have some shared sibling history, delayed as it might have been.

The only continuity error I've seen so far (haven't gotten to my season 2 box yet^^; that really bugged me was in "Micah of Bright Moon", where Glimmer falls off the cliff and then needs to use a piece of crystal to reflect light to attract She-Ra's attention-- Glimmer, the character who can make a REPLACEMENT SUN, when she feels like it? Y'know, even if she'd said something as lame as "I can't use my powers in this position!", I could've shrugged it off, but it seemed like whoever was writing that episode had no idea what the character could do.

Animation-wise I haven't noticed a whole lot of errors other than things occaisionally being miscolored, which is something every traditionally animated cartoon has to some degree.

Heroic Warrior
    I never really thought about that. I forgot about flowers for Hordack.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    IIRC, the gymnastics qoute by Adora was made in such a way that it could theoretically refer to gymnastic exercises that her and Adam have engaged in since Secret of the Sword (i.e. I don't think that Adora used the words "when we were kids", but I could be remebering wrong there - I think she simply said, more or less, "Remember that gymnastic training we did together, Adam?").
    That is definitely true but, for me, it was the context of the statement that made it as if they were referring to childhood experiences. -- During that scene, they're saving a young boy who wants to be 'gymnastically-inclined' like his brother, so it's very much like Adam and Adora are reflecting back to their own childhood. Plus, Adam usually trains with Teela / Man-at-Arms and Adora got a lot of her training with The Horde. I dunno. It just made more sense to me that it was a mistake on the writer's part. hehe

I always find it helpful to find a way to explain continuity errors, because otherwise, they just hurt

Big fan with faith in show + ridiculous continuity error = brain explode.

Or maybe that's just me ^^;;.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Yes! Someone else thought this, too! I thought I was the only one.

Since I'm a writer, whenever people bring up "inconsistencies" or "goofs" I always try to think of an interpretive loophole where it could really work, for the writers' benefit (even though it's not like they're losing sleep over this 20 years later, lol)---but I was like you, Canadian_He-Man. I didn't have to "reconcile" this, because since the dialogue was written the way it was (i.e., not "when we were kids" or "long ago", just "used to do"), I just automatically thought "Oh, well they didn't grow up together, so she must have just meant some time ago."
    It's cool that I'm not the only one who noticed how open-ended Adora's gymnastics statement was.

I do agree with Tallstar in the sense that Adora's gymastics statement flows a bit better if it's refering to her and Adam as kids, but like Karen_Leslie, if I see a way to interpret words in one of my favourite shows that'll cover for continuity errors, I'll usually take it.

I do find the idea of adult Adam and adult Adora engaging in gymastic training with one another a touch odd... though it does explain how very synchronized He-Man and She-Ra are sometimes when they fight alongside one another ("He Ain't Heavy" and "The Inspector" being two good examples of this).

Karen_Leslie - Yeah, how Glimmer frequently forgets just how powerful she is (even to the degree that she frequently forgets that she can fly , of all things) is one of the most annoying character issues in POP.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")