Thread: Super 7 The Worst!

Super 7 The Worst!

Has anyone seen these figures yet from Super 7? These guys look awesome as does the card art. I am really liking Snake Tut and Black Falcon. So interested in seeing the painted versions.

http://super7hq.com/news/meet-the-worst-at-sdcc-2016
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

You can totally mix these with the MOTU ones!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Those are pretty cool looking figures. I'd love to pick up a few of them painted, if they make them.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You can totally mix these with the MOTU ones!
    yeah that's what I'm thinking... like a King Hss (Snake-Tut) and a Skeleton warrior for Skeletor. Painted versions will be coming I think.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Super 7 is vastly becoming one of my top fave toy companies! This line looks pretty cool and I may pick up a few to support it and await the painted versions later on too.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

Heroic Warrior
    Meh...

I honestly just don't understand the fascination with this style of figure. I mean... I understand Nostalgia, and I was a young kid when figures like this were out too, and really wanted a few of them myself. AND I understand loving all the lines in one scale... I was even tempted to get the universal monster ones... because 1) I love universal Monsters.... 2) They actually HAD universal monsters in that style back when there almost NO UM toys out there... but Jaws? Firefly? Hellraiser?? Random creatures now??

I remember these things... However I VASTLY preferred the GIJoe or Superpowers figures... things with knees and/or Elbows.. Maybe a waist joint. Frankly I think the action figure lines peaked around the Marvel Universe 3.75 line... and all these are just a MASSIVE step backwards. Marvel went cheap and scuttled their lines by dropping back to 5POA... Star Wars has fans furious for doing the same... but at least the sculpts still look decent on a shelf...

These Reaction figures?? They're a little TOO nostalgic. it feels like someone, somewhere is working REALLY hard to intentionally make substandard toys. The likeness aren't there, the sculpts are pretty boring...

I am all for a He-man line that could mix with some 3.75 figures.. but these... are just... ehhhhh... I couldn't bring myself to buy them, and really hope this fad ends soon. I'd hate for the whole action figure industry to go in this direction

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    These Reaction figures?? They're a little TOO nostalgic. it feels like someone, somewhere is working REALLY hard to intentionally make substandard toys. The likeness aren't there, the sculpts are pretty boring...
    Which is exactly the point. Obviously, you're not the target for these figures; you want something different, and that's fine. And, no, I wouldn't want a lot of new lines following this style. But for what they are trying to do, they're doing it well.

This set is a perfect example. I really like what they did here: they're not just generic bad guys. The characters really evoke a sense of the old B movies of the 50's and 60's, or even further back, the old movie serials. Gas Phantom and X-2 would feel right at home in an old cliffhanger every week; they just scream serial bad guy ready to put the hero in some sort of elaborate death trap. THese things really appeal to me on that kitschy, campy level, which seems to be exactly their point.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm not a fan of the "Kenner" style figs in general (but then I didn't really like the Kenner figures back in the day). That said I like the card art, and I like the ideas of the characters. I might have to try and get them...unsure at the moment. May have a better idea once the painted versions come around. They're neat ideas, at the very least.

Gas Phantom that's what I call my brother on the holidays
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Snappy Threader
    Painted up these would be cool. I have to say the Gas Phantom has the most potential in my opinion to cross over into other action figure styles.

They do look pretty cool. I still intend to get the Reaction Universal Monsters, and these should fit in nicely with them. I'll probably get the painted versions.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Which is exactly the point. Obviously, you're not the target for these figures; you want something different, and that's fine. And, no, I wouldn't want a lot of new lines following this style. But for what they are trying to do, they're doing it well.

This set is a perfect example. I really like what they did here: they're not just generic bad guys. The characters really evoke a sense of the old B movies of the 50's and 60's, or even further back, the old movie serials. Gas Phantom and X-2 would feel right at home in an old cliffhanger every week; they just scream serial bad guy ready to put the hero in some sort of elaborate death trap. THese things really appeal to me on that kitschy, campy level, which seems to be exactly their point.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Meh...

I honestly just don't understand the fascination with this style of figure. I mean... I understand Nostalgia, and I was a young kid when figures like this were out too, and really wanted a few of them myself. AND I understand loving all the lines in one scale... I was even tempted to get the universal monster ones... because 1) I love universal Monsters.... 2) They actually HAD universal monsters in that style back when there almost NO UM toys out there... but Jaws? Firefly? Hellraiser?? Random creatures now??

I remember these things... However I VASTLY preferred the GIJoe or Superpowers figures... things with knees and/or Elbows.. Maybe a waist joint. Frankly I think the action figure lines peaked around the Marvel Universe 3.75 line... and all these are just a MASSIVE step backwards. Marvel went cheap and scuttled their lines by dropping back to 5POA... Star Wars has fans furious for doing the same... but at least the sculpts still look decent on a shelf...

I am all for a He-man line that could mix with some 3.75 figures.. but these... are just... ehhhhh... I couldn't bring myself to buy them, and really hope this fad ends soon. I'd hate for the whole action figure industry to go in this direction
    To me whats cool about these figures is the IDEA of them. I don't know what "The Worst" are based on, but they remind me of all those wacky low budget movies from the 70's like "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" or some of the Hammer Studio films.
    As far as this style of figure looking kind of crappy you're right but that's what they are trying to do, pretend that these are lost figure from the 80's in the same crude style of those early Kenner star wars figs.
    The articulation is bad, but I would never open these since there's not much you could do with them anyway, so it wouldn't bother me, I would never buy a lot of them but I think it would be fun to hang one series like "The Worst" or "Alien" on the wall in card and just enjoy the visual of them.
    And don't worry, the whole toy industry will never go this way, to many people including myself like figures with more going for them like Motuc for these to ever become more than an isolated line of figs.

I really dig these a lot. I can't wait to see them painted.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

The midnight special painted figures are up... these look to be painted differently from the card backs. I wonder if there will be a standard release with different paint jobs. The only paint job I really like is the robo reaper.

I don't like anything Super7 did so far, but man, they make great card-artworks