Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things netflix show

Stranger Things netflix show

Anyone watch this? I just finished it. I heard a lot of good buzz. If you are a child of 80s you will mostly likely dig it.

I binged watched it last weekend and liked it a lot. There's a He-Man cameo in episode 2! I'd read that it was an homage to ET and the Goonies, and it is, but it also has more horror ingredients than either of those two. The danger is serious and real, and we see some deaths. I saw influences from Poltergeist and John Carpenter's The Thing (which gets several cameos). Maybe there's some of the George Miller segment of Twilight Zone the Movie as well. It somewhat resembles the movie Super8, but it didn't have as sentimental an ending.

I loved the kids they cast in this, particularly Dustin with his missing teeth lisp. I also liked Winona Ryder as well. It felt like the right pacing, 8 episodes was just enough to sustain the mystery. I hope they make more seasons, but especially I hope that can maintain the tone.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Yeah it is good as a standalone. At least they didn't end on major cliffhanger. I hate when shows do that they end. I liked the nbc show the event and that ended on a cliffhanger and didn't get renewed.

Just watched the first two eps last night, I was hooked after 5 minutes. They absolutely nailed the tone of the early/mid 80s adventure/sci fi films. Way more so than Super8 in my opinion.
    Genuinely suspenseful too. Can't wait to watch the rest.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

I was lurking waiting to see a thread like this. I loved the show and binged it over the weekend. I loved the theme, tone, acting, music (which was superb). I hadn't enjoyed a television show this much in a long, long, long time.
    I heard they're bringing it back for a second season. That makes me apprehensive since the first season was such a nice, well-encapsulated box of deliciousness.

I truly felt like I was reading a Stephen King novel. It had shades of It. But it also reminded me of another book -- Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist, with monster and the sister, Nancy (aptly named as a call out to Nightmare on Elm Street).

The bar has been set high for me for a second season of the show, but until then, I'll just have to rewatch the first season again. :-)
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

I've watched four episodes so far, loving every minute!

My wife and I binge-watched "Stranger Things" this weekend... Wow! Really enjoyed the atmosphere and pacing of this show. I'm ready for Season 2 already.

I agree with a previous poster - they have to keep the tone of this series the same going forward. It's mesmerizing.

The intro sequence for each episode gives me goosebumps!
    Last edited by sircory-1; July 25, 2016 at 06:24pm.

They got the 80s vibe right, at least how I remember it when I was a kid, always on bikes at friends houses. Killer show, killer cast, can't wait for more

I already ripped the title from YouTube to add to a playlist on my ipod. :-)
    Love is to die.
    Love is to not die.
    Love is to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    I already ripped the title from YouTube to add to a playlist on my ipod. :-)
    Yeah I love the title music.
    Also for those who finished:

do you think Eleven is alive?
    Last edited by bcbsdrg; July 25, 2016 at 11:18pm.

Probably my favorite series so far beating Breaking bad, Orphan Black and Narcos.
    guspena.com

I've been hearing nothing but good things about this online and from friends. Going to give episode 1 a shot tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    Yeah I love the title music.
    I finally binged watched this over the week. I absolutely loved it! That's probably one of the most enjoyable shows (for my taste) I've watched in a long time.

The feel of the show was awesome! All the little details and the opening theme made it so good!

I hope she is. The sheriff leaving the food tells me the writers want you to think there's a chance. I'm a happy ending type guy and would have loved the dinky ole come stay with the family type ending but at least they give you hope. I wonder if the second season will continue with these characters? They left the door open with Will. But to really keep the vibe the show had Id think they'd need to start over somewhere else with a whole new story.

I watched the whole thing Saturday night and enjoyed it quite a bit. I love the 1980s vibe, and the music to me sounded like it came right out of Halloween 3, which was awesome. There wasn't a moment that something was on the screen where I was like "that's not something that was around in 1983!" which was good.

The only thing that I felt was lacking

is the secret government agency. I feel like they started out as something powerful and threatening, but by the end, they didn't seem all that big of a threat. Perhaps that was the point, but it seems like our protagonists were able to overcome them and actually dominate them way too easily.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    The only thing that I felt was lacking...
    Well I took it as:

That they were operating partially even under government radar once they accidentally opened the gate. So they still had a lot of power but were watching themselves as far as killing and calling for reinforcements. With the kids they had it fully under control until the Demogorgon showed up. And they'd made a promise not to kill the kids even though they believed the sheriff was going to die. They also didn't want to hurt their prize possession. Plus, up until the sheriff talked to them, they really had no idea what all was/had been happening up to that point.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I do not think so.

I love this. Binge-watched all the episodes recently.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I do not think so.
    So do you think,

what the sheriff did, is like a homage to her? I wondered about that but when I really thought about it I didn't really feel like he had much interaction with her at all except for at the school and talking to her aunt. It seemed weird to me that he should be doing something like just paying respects to her.

Absolutely. I expect her to play a significant part in the 2nd season.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; August 8, 2016 at 04:18pm.

I binged this a few weekends ago, and loved it. Now watching it again with my 12 year old son, and he's completely into it. Looking forward to a season 2.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    So do you think,
    That is what I took from it.

I just finished this first season and I think it was great. A cool mixture between "E.T.", "Poltergeist", "D.A.R.Y.L", "Scanners", "Goonies", "The Explorers", "The Gate" & "It".

I don't know how the story would follow, but luckily the upcoming VHS and Laser Disc may have some extras and sneak peeks:

Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I just finished this first season and I think it was great. A cool mixture between "E.T.", "Poltergeist", "D.A.R.Y.L", "Scanners", "Goonies", "The Explorers", "The Gate" & "It".

I don't know how the story would follow, but luckily the upcoming VHS and Laser Disc may have some extras and sneak peeks:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psh4vzf2tg.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaxvzq54d.jpg

Those are cool!

And I heard if there is a season 2 ,there will be a 1 year time jump
    Last edited by bcbsdrg; August 8, 2016 at 09:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psh4vzf2tg.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaxvzq54d.jpg

Oh man, we used to watch all our movies on video disc. Like Superman 1-3, Graystoke, Shogun, ET, Muppet Movie, and I'm sure many others