Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do you Facebook?

I love Facebook.

I have family and friends scattered all over the country. It easily lets me keep track of everything that is going on. Pictures of kids growing up, news (good and bad), vacations, events and parties. It allows you to keep current, while giving you the freedom to spend as much or as little time as you want on anything.

I don't see a lot of these people in person often, and I'm not one to gab on the phone or send lots of emails. Facebook has allowed me to stay closer and be at least a quasi part of more people's lives.

I think its a wonderful thing.

Master of New Adventures!
    Big time TV writers get to be big time TV writers because they dedicate twenty years of their adult life to putting in arduous hours during which they hone their craft and labor as foot soldiers in the blood-filled trenches of the entertainent industry as opposed to spending it telling everyone in the world what their plans are for this weekend. (Kindly note the lol icon indicates I'm {half}joking...just as I know you are, my good friend )

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Not all of us are big time tv writers so we have the time.

as for me i'm not on facebook. no need to be.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I use FB all day long, every day. I don't send emails or texts nearly as often as I post on someone's timeline or use the FB direct message feature. I use groups, and events and, of course, share pictures. I honeslty can't fathom how people get by without it.

For the record, I use Twitter as well and have my tweets linked to me FB.

To each his own, I guess!

I use the phone and e-mails. Funny, but somehow I manage to scrape by.

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    I use FB all day long, every day. I don't send emails or texts nearly as often as I post on someone's timeline or use the FB direct message feature. I use groups, and events and, of course, share pictures. I honeslty can't fathom how people get by without it.

For the record, I use Twitter as well and have my tweets linked to me FB.

To each his own, I guess!

Snappy Threader
    No facebook for me. Too many people I know waste their lives away giving every little detail like: "getting ready to eat steak with my mom". Who really cares? You Know?

I was for awhile (like 4-6 months?), and at first it seemed exciting but then got old fast I wanted to reconnect with friends from school
    (I can see my family anytime) and would send messages,etc to them but it seemed like most people were put off even being contacted (even friends I was very close to). So, this just basically confirmed what I already knew--you can never go back and have those friendships ever again . So, I closed my account and called it a day Ironically, my wife has an account too and a few ppl that I had on my page contacted her wondering why I left --ummmm yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    No facebook for me. Too many people I know waste their lives away giving every little detail like: "getting ready to eat steak with my mom". Who really cares? You Know?
    You're excatly right-what does this stuff matter to other people anyways (pointless stuff posted--ANOTHER reason I left )

I am on FB.
    I personally like it, but I do music and have lots of friends and fans from all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I was for awhile (like 4-6 months?), and at first it seemed exciting but then got old fast I wanted to reconnect with friends from school
    (I can see my family anytime) and would send messages,etc to them but it seemed like most people were put off even being contacted (even friends I was very close to). So, this just basically confirmed what I already knew--you can never go back and have those friendships ever again . So, I closed my account and called it a day Ironically, my wife has an account too and a few ppl that I had on my page contacted her wondering why I left --ummmm yeah

- - - Updated - - -

You're excatly right-what does this stuff matter to other people anyways (pointless stuff posted--ANOTHER reason I left )
    Part of the problem is many people still want to just maintain the outside open facebook version of themselves. The one they show and let everyone see. I know some people don't like to PM others or post on someone else's wall, or have people post on their wall unless it's their select few. The PM thing seems to be a more intimate thing for many. I mean hearing people talk about 'this girl from my husbands work sent him a private message and I was like you best be deleting that.' And it was just asking for something from work, and their company as a no posting about work open on social media policy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I use the phone and e-mails. Funny, but somehow I manage to scrape by.
    I hope it was clear that I meant no offense. I was speaking from my perspective!

I use it for work sometimes and occasionaly to talk to friends I don't normally get to talk to. Other than that I really don't use it. Honestly, I check it once a every other week or so so if people try to contact me they have to wait a while.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Facebook status: "I am going to use the bathroom...# 2. Be back in a minute. lol."
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Facebook status: "I am going to use the bathroom...# 2. Be back in a minute. lol."
    Funny, especially since everyone knows that #2 never takes just 'a minute.' Thankfully though, I've never seen anyone actually get that personal on my friends list LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Funny, especially since everyone knows that #2 never takes just 'a minute.' Thankfully though, I've never seen anyone actually get that personal on my friends list LOL
    I sure did. I knew way too much info about my family and friends. It was taxing. HOWEVER, I do miss updates from places like MattyCollector, etc.

No to Facebook and no to Twitter.

Not to sound like some old fart but I just don't get it.

Oh and...GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    No to Facebook and no to Twitter.

Not to sound like some old fart but I just don't get it.

Oh and...GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS!!!
    Hahahaha

Understood, and I hope it was clear no offense was taken nor was it sent in return, as witnessed by my winking smiley icon and the smiley one that here follows:

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    I hope it was clear that I meant no offense. I was speaking from my perspective!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm from I guess what you could call the "Facebook Generation". I was in college when Facebook launched, and it was a pretty big deal socially when it expanded to my University. I'm out of school now, but have friends on 3 continents. So Facebook comes in handy for messaging and real-time chat that I'd probably miss otherwise.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

I am signed up on there.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I joined Facebook a few years back for the sole purpose of playing Mafia Wars. Got sick of the game and deleted the profile along with the 600 "friends" I needed for the game.

I get on for about 5 minutes most days to keep up with friends and family stuff. Also to monitor my oldest boys account. I like it as far as being able to communicate but would be lying if I said it wasn't the same 20 people out of my 250 that post all day.

Will advise you that Skype does the same thing as far as chatting and also allows global video calls at no charge. Not beginning to attempt to compare it to Facebook, which offers so much more. But the video chat element on Skype is wonderful for both business and social calls.

Ironically, a number of people from your generation that work with me are now indicating that "Facebook is so 'old school'." My thrteen year old son groans when I ask about Facebook, answering, "Dad, no one uses Facebook anymore" -- 'no one' of course, being his thirteen year old friends, for whom texting seems to be the coin of the realm at present. With the lightning speed at which technology advances, I guess this was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I'm from I guess what you could call the "Facebook Generation". I was in college when Facebook launched, and it was a pretty big deal socially when it expanded to my University. I'm out of school now, but have friends on 3 continents. So Facebook comes in handy for messaging and real-time chat that I'd probably miss otherwise.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I really enjoy it. Yeah there is some crap that comes along with it, but the good outweighs the bad. I can keep up with friends and family that I don't get to see that often.

I'm also going to merge this with an older thread...........
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980