Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    I just sent a request to join the Shadow's Dot Org group.

Real names is going to be strange after getting to know people on the boards by their screen name.
    Luckily, mine IS my real name

-Brett
    Who isn't weird.

={+}=

No. I'm tired of having to create a new profile for the "latest" social networking site.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    I just sent a request to join the Shadow's Dot Org group.
    All accepted!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Burl B. Galbreath, Art Institute of California–San Francisco.

I do Facebook, but I'm very selective of whom I add. It is a great tool to stay in touch with the people you care about, however it does have a dark side.

The worst are the 'popularity ******' who just want to collect as many names as possible to fill the aching void in their sad little lives. You will find alot of that if you're not careful.

people have tried to get me to sign up. Im not sure I see a point to it though. To me its fake, and about wanting everyone to like you. If a person and your self actually cared about each other you would stay in touch, not have to refind people you havent talked to in years in cyberspace. Maybe im wrong?

Real name on facebook: Krista Lynn Shepley

My space: http://www.myspace.com/auntiebella

I like facebook better then myspace.. but the blogging on myspace is better.

Wicket

Quote Originally Posted by discoman800 View Post
    people have tried to get me to sign up. Im not sure I see a point to it though. To me its fake, and about wanting everyone to like you. If a person and your self actually cared about each other you would stay in touch, not have to refind people you havent talked to in years in cyberspace. Maybe im wrong?
    It works well for while I am at work.

It really isn't fake. I like best for inviting people to events all at once, posting little reminders, sharing pictures and thats really it.

The picture part is really key.

-Brett

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I have a facebook account... but I agree to a degree.

I'm only on this thing in case people I haven't seen in years make the effort to actually find me... and it's worked so far. Bumped into a good 10 - 20 people I hadn't heard from literally in 10 years almost.

However, I hate it when people post every single picture about themselves or overly "advertise" certain things they've done or seen in the minutest details... like which club someone was chillin in the night before, what it was like, who they met or what drinks they had. It gets a bit much sometimes I feel.

Anywho helps kills time
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

i facebook. i am kate egerton in manchester!
    selling entire she-ra collection including rareitys. get in touch if you are intrested in anything.

I disagree. Sometimes people don't keep in touch for whatever reason, facebook's nice at least to get little updates on whats goign on in ppls lives even if you dont talk to them very much anymore. Of course its weird when random people add you, but thats happens a lot more on myspace (which is a million times worse).

Regardless, I don't think a "facebook friend" necessarily intends to be some deep/close freindship

Its like "Christmas cards" only free and year-round.
    Last edited by tjguitar; August 19, 2007 at 06:17pm.

So We Have Discussed MySpace, Facebook anyone?

Ok, so by now we have already been down the beaten path of MySpace where you can be homeless and get a hit single as long as a beautiful girl leaves you suicidal. I am sick of MySpace. I am tired of deleting peoples accounts for spamming me with invitations to see the pictures they have that are to hot for MySpace and I can see them by joining ifriends. That is nonsense. I prefer Facebook. Its more user friendly and a little here and there for everybody. So how many of us use it?

I am sorry if this has been covered before but I am tired of Myspace.

If you do have Myspace let us know what your profile name is and lets start a community.

Facebook name: Mage Hensel
    Positive trades
    boggs32/RickPrime/Skeletor3614(x2)/MattMan2/Umbloo/BigDaddy51200(x2)/Troy-Klops/The Amazing Mutato/bengali94(x2)/evil-orko/jzid/onthehunt/marndt8448/GR81/dorrmann/lemure77/JOAH-MAN/SteelCurtain/Adora/Sallah/Baena/Sir Bushnell/D-Compose/heman4myson/tmcclurg/fishbrigade

Miss Haps I'm Correcting my apology
    Heh-man

Waiting Arrival
    Zodach101 ~ Pot-Pie

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I agree, I've about switched totally over to facebook.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Thanks for the tip, and be sure to add me
    Positive trades
    boggs32/RickPrime/Skeletor3614(x2)/MattMan2/Umbloo/BigDaddy51200(x2)/Troy-Klops/The Amazing Mutato/bengali94(x2)/evil-orko/jzid/onthehunt/marndt8448/GR81/dorrmann/lemure77/JOAH-MAN/SteelCurtain/Adora/Sallah/Baena/Sir Bushnell/D-Compose/heman4myson/tmcclurg/fishbrigade

Miss Haps I'm Correcting my apology
    Heh-man

Waiting Arrival
    Zodach101 ~ Pot-Pie

I'll consider joining. It's all so unfamilar to me though.

Facebook > MySpace.

However, the new "applications" on Facebook **** me off. I refuse to add any of them.

-Brett
    Who is standing his ground on this.

={+}=

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Facebook > MySpace.

However, the new "applications" on Facebook **** me off. I refuse to add any of them.

-Brett
    Who is standing his ground on this.

={+}=
    I'm not a fan either of all those applications. I have 3 or four I think. Nothing fancy. I have one that shows my xbox live gamertag, places I've been and the flixter one. That's it I think.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

i quite like some of them. especially my vampire and zombie armys!

oh yeah for all of u that do facebook i have started a she-ra fan group. unfortunately at the moment and for the forseeable future it is called kate egerton! but theres a few images and videos that u might like!

get on it!
    selling entire she-ra collection including rareitys. get in touch if you are intrested in anything.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    I went ahead and joined Facebook the other day. I found two really good friends from high school there that I haven't talked to since I graduated, which is awesome. I'm really digging this a lot more than Myspace!

--Leanne

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Loves Species 8472 <3 o0angeredsoul0o's Avatar
    Oh Yes I Facebook.
    "It has been proven! Jess is clincally insane. But she aint havin no therapy!!"

Court Magician
    I've been avoiding computers my whole life, i just finally got a laptop. Now I'm addicted to facebook and myspace. Its horrible, I hate it and love it.

Heroic Warrior Spinnerella_of_OZ's Avatar
    I have facebook and myspace pages. My facebook page is for friends and my myspace page is for displaying my toy collections. Almost everyone I know is on facebook but hardly anyone has myspace. I think facebook is really fun, it's great to catch up with old friends and see everyones pictures. I am definately addicted to facebook.
    Jackie O
    To see my collection visit http://www.myspace.com/jacquelyn848

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I have Facebook and Myspace, but I think I spend more time doing things on Facebook, so many apps, so little time Yahoo me if you want to be my friend Or not... LOL
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 21, 2007 at 11:11am.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I'm on Facebook far more than MySpace!