Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you Facebook?

About Facebook: Are you in Facebook or not?

Just out of curiously see how people here are joined or not joined Facebook. So tell and share are you in Facebook or not in Facebook. I am not in Facebook or planning join there any time soon. My reason why I am not there is mainly Facebook's privacy and TOS.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I had Facebook for about a year, but then realized it was pretty much just the online version of high school...so I deleted my account.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

HD figures on youtube
    I'd rather have a beer with my real friends actually. Nothing beats real human interaction.

Master of New Adventures!
    I can't imagine having the time for such frivolity.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    As an individual I don't see the point. It's useful for famous people, TV shows/movies/video games and stuff like that. I don't care for the fact they insist I use my real name, want my school info and all that. Anyone I'd need to use to contact with it I can do so in person or on the phone so it's pointless.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    As an individual I don't see the point. It's useful for famous people, TV shows/movies/video games and stuff like that. I don't care for the fact they insist I use my real name, want my school info and all that. Anyone I'd need to use to contact with it I can do so in person or on the phone so it's pointless.
    You also are supposed to be 18 to use the site, yet that doesn't stop many people under that age using the site. And they have no idea what your real name is, be surprised at how many people use made up names on the site.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    Are you in Facebook or not?
    No........
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I can't imagine having the time for such frivolity.
    Not all of us are big time tv writers so we have the time.

as for me i'm not on facebook. no need to be.

yes, i am. the reasons (1) i can keep up with relatives without actually having to talk to them (2) reconnect with college friends (3) a little more interaction with friends i've met in online places such as the org
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Nope. Zero intrest. Never have, never will. You couldn't pay me to get involved in that mess.

People from my past that I want to talk to...are already in my present. Random updates about your lunch, boss or that pic that made you LOL are just a huge waste of time. One of my buddies can't go 5 minutes without checking his account. He actually jerks to grab his phone when something happens. It's highly annoying & pathetic really. He gets mad if you say something about it too. Imagine being addicted to Facebook. No thanks, I'll stick with the black flowers.

I see how it can be useful, I just think it's more BS than it's worth.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Not on it. Can't really be bothered.

I'm on it, and I thoroughly enjoy it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Facebook is what you make it. I've had an account for several years. Use it daily.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Facebook is what you make it. I've had an account for several years. Use it daily.
    Yeah, this right here.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I concur. I generally use it for keeping tabs on family or friends, etc.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    yes, i am. the reasons (1) i can keep up with relatives without actually having to talk to them (2) reconnect with college friends (3) a little more interaction with friends i've met in online places such as the org
    ^^This. Well, mostly. I'd replace #3 with keeping up on events for things I'm involved in.
    I had it shut down for quite a long time, and enjoyed not being on it. I eventually had to reactivate for professional reasons, but I'm not overly active on there.

Heroic Warrior
    I have an account but I don't use it much.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

No account here ..... doubt i will ever get one... ive spent a lot of time avoiding certain folks from my past... facebook would undo all my hard work
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I concur. I generally use it for keeping tabs on family or friends, etc.
    Same here. It's a great way to stay in touch with acquaintances. (i.e., people you still generally care about, but who aren't day-to-day friends.) Plus, I appreciate the news feeds - I get a lot of movie news, etc. that way. It's also great for sharing photos and other odds and ends.

And it's hardly time consuming. I check it once or twice a day, and I'm on it for just a couple of minutes. It's a useful tool.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'm on it but don't care for it much except to keep in touch with family and to keep tabs with friends.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I'm on it. Kinda 50/50 on it, but it lets me keep up on what my old pals are up to.

I do. Some days I hate it some days I love it.

I have 60 friends I think. And I think I may get rid of some

I like it because I can keep in contact with my cousins and my bro who arent in the state. I hate it because some people believe that their lives are so much more entertaining or busy than others.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Yes I have an account, but I do not use the applications or games. I have 77 friends only and most of them are family. I have some friends out of the country and it is a good way to stay in touch.

My sister in law made me one years ago, but I've only used it on rare occasions. I think some older friends contacted me once, and then a good friend that moved away, and my Grandma from time to time. Sadly I keep getting emails from it and for awhile I kept accepting any friend requests that came my way, so it's FULL of people I don't know. If I ever want to use it I need to cull the herd so I'm not talking about things to a bunch of people I don't know. Not that I'm gona find much use for it any time soon. If anything I can just keep using it for private messages, so no one else has to see what I'm talkin' about to the folks I actually care about.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It's nice if you use it right. It can be an easy way to communicate with lots of friends and family members. "made it to Istanbull safely' instead of having to text or phone key people or every single person who wants to know.

You can skim through most of the junk, without getting too caught up in it.

And the more I get away from High School the more I realize most people just never grew up, this isn't just found on facebook, but in work, other online means, family and just about anywhere you go. I avoid as much as I can, but there is a point you just stop caring less and rather focus your efforts elsewhere.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it