Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 199

Thread: She-Ra debuts on DVD this summer at the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con!

  1. #26
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,478
    I'm happy with the list of episodes selected. Probably because I selected them.

    The fact that A Loss for Words is missing from the list is my fault...it was on the original document to be sent but somehow got chopped off. By the time we realised, it was too late. Still, some stellar choices in there - I've got a feeling this is going to be a *fantastic* release.

    Can't wait to find out which episodes make the grade - BCI are doing us proud.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    1,349
    Im quite happy with any of those actually Though it would have be nice to see more Catra episode selections.

  3. #28
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,893
    Quote Originally Posted by madara
    Im quite happy with any of those actually Though it would have be nice to see more Catra episode selections.
    I'm sure you picked "The Sea Hawk" then, right? Catra really dominates in that one.


  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    Just because other people don't share your and carlo's opinion on what episodes are good doesn't mean their votes were wrong.

    You guys shouldn't talk poorly about people who simply have a difference of opinion about favorite episodes. It makes ya look bad, especially when there is nothing to support such a claim.
    I don't think Carlo or I are saying that, or at least I'm not. I'm all for people picking their favourite episodes, but all I was saying is that there are some episodes, like The Price of Freedom, Flowers for Hordak and Sweet Bee's Home which will get votes based more on hype than being particular favourites.

  5. #30
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    IThe fact that A Loss for Words is missing from the list is my fault...it was on the original document to be sent but somehow got chopped off.
    Oh darn. It's a really great episode.

  6. #31
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    I don't think Carlo or I are saying that, or at least I'm not. I'm all for people picking their favourite episodes, but all I was saying is that there are some episodes, like The Price of Freedom, Flowers for Hordak and Sweet Bee's Home which will get votes based more on hype than being particular favourites.
    Even though an episode like The Price of Freedom gets picked a lot as a 'favorite', that's not why I chose it. Overall it's an episode that evokes a lot of emotion out of me and, in my opinion, it's one of the most powerful episodes in the series as far as showing just how very different things were on Etheria then Eternia.

    I know you're not saying that everyone picks episodes like that based on hype, I just thought I'd point out why I chose it.

  7. #32
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    Even though an episode like The Price of Freedom gets picked a lot as a 'favorite', that's not why I chose it.
    Dave was actually talking about the fact that people may not choose episodes simply based on how they like them, but because they've heard a thousand times from the majority of fans talk about certain episodes being "the best".

    It is a bit confusing, as most He-Man and She-Ra episodes that people consider "fan-favourites" are the hyped ones. True there is a mix of those episodes being on occasions best examples of Filmation's work, but I can honestly admit, that "The Price of Freedom" isn't my favourite episode, but I do consider it being a great episode and it shows She-Ra's struggle in a certain light that it should get to be one of the "best episodes" in a selection.

  8. #33
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    Dave was actually talking about the fact that people may not choose episodes simply based on how they like them, but because they've heard a thousand times from the majority of fans talk about certain episodes being "the best".
    Unfortunetly, there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to prevent that. Some people will either pick based on hype or [if they haven't seen the series] randomly pick for the hell of it. It's their right to do that, I suppose.

  9. #34
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,500
    This is pretty cool. Though, I must say I'm slightly disapointed that Secret of the Sword isn't getting its own, separate release. I am hoping that the packaging reflects SOTS as being the main feature (with a nice big title and everything) with the 5 episodes listed as being a bonus or something.

    While I am glad to have this on DVD no matter what, to me since SOTS was a theatrically released movie (regardless of the fact that its the first 5 episodes edited together), it deserves its due in-and-of itself, while still being part of the larger promotion of She-ra on DVD.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  10. #35
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    Dave was actually talking about the fact that people may not choose episodes simply based on how they like them, but because they've heard a thousand times from the majority of fans talk about certain episodes being "the best".
    I strongly doubt that.
    Maybe a few people will.
    But most people are more than capable of making their own decisions, and they do just that.
    On top of that, I'd wager dollar to donuts that most people voting haven't read through all the discussion threads from past to present for POP where people talk about the best episodes.
    I know I haven't, and I moderate these forums.
    I can only imagine an average voter has zero clue what a handful of hardcore fans consider to be the best.
    Let's give people the benefit of a doubt here. People make their own choices, folks.
    If you don't want to vote, then don't. But don't vote because you think someone else won't agree with you, or because you think they are preconditioned to believe a certain thing. That's insulting.
    And if that's not what you mean, then take a few moments to clarify your point ahead of time. You'll help everyone out.

  11. #36
    Etherian 626 gnewton34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,737
    My Choices are:
    1. The Stone in the Sword,
    2. The Price of Freedom
    3. The Crystal Castle
    4. Sweet Bee's Home
    5. Loo-kee Lends a Hand
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

    "If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    If you don't want to vote, then don't. But don't vote because you think someone else won't agree with you, or because you think they are preconditioned to believe a certain thing.
    I don't think this is actually directed at me because I haven't said at any point that I wouldn't vote (I actually voted before originally posting), and I don't think Carlo meant that he wasn't going to vote, I think he meant that he wasn't going to proceed with the argument he made about the He-Man episode(s) he didn't think warranted a place on the Best of He-Man Season One DVD ("Quest for He-man", right?).

  13. #38
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,528
    Face it, Dagar.
    The Sword of Protection will never be yours!

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    Face it, Dagar.
    The Sword of Protection will never be yours!
    Do what with the what now, Val?

  15. #40
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    I don't think Carlo or I are saying that, or at least I'm not. I'm all for people picking their favourite episodes, but all I was saying is that there are some episodes, like The Price of Freedom, Flowers for Hordak and Sweet Bee's Home which will get votes based more on hype than being particular favourites.
    The Price of Freedom really illustrates the difference between Eternia and Etheria. It shows how different the two shows are storyline wise. I think it is a high quality episode and should be showcased. Most all "favorite" episodes are caught up around "hype". I mean, look at "The Problem With Power" for example. Hype, popularity and favorite basically go hand-in-hand. And, this is applied to most all forms of etertainment... tv shows, movies, music, et cetera.

    Besides, the hyped/favorite episodes are usually the ones to be showcasing for such a thing as a "best of". Sure, some episodes fall through the cracks (ie Plundor's appearance on He-Man's best of) but hey, that is just apart of the system.

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  16. #41
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,030
    It was so hard to pick just 5 episodes. I wanted to pick like 10. I hope the ones I really want make it. I hope it's these 5:

    A Talent for Trouble
    Troll's Dream
    Into the Dark Dimension
    The Crystal Castle
    Gateway to Trouble
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  17. #42
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,445
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerHe-man
    Thats Right! Thanks Val! There are also people like me missed out on She-Ra and have never seen an episode! I just read all the synopsis and picked the best ones I liked but I also thought about what would be best for the release so I picked The Stone and the Sword, My Friend My Enemy, Price of Freedom, Horde Prime Takes A Holiday, and Into The Dark Dimension! Did I do okay for not seeing any episodes?

    see, this is the prime example.. you are picking ep's you have not even seen as some of the best or best of.. etc.. but how can you choose any on what you have not even seen? i would not be choosing anything on what i have no knowledge of regardless of what others say or what you've read elsewhere.

    everyone has every right to pick and choose on this poll, its for fun, its for the fans, i know, not singleling you out my friend, the only thing i'm making a point on this generalization is why would anyone pick an ep you have not even seen or hardly remember in other cases.

    if i was to choose the best ep's from MOTU without me seeing any of them or just saw them once or twice years ago is like just playing the guessing game on a test but of course a test is serious business

    i just dont agree with this at all..

    i mean fans picked the EP "Battlecat" as one of the best, and even though it did not make it to the top 5 of season 2, it was 6th.. it almost did..

    all this new poll stuff has brought back last years upset aftermath for me, so yes, i'm still bothered that the ep the dragon gifts did not get in the top 5 before..when it clearly IS a top 5..imo

    so again, i will not be participating in this poll cause i have not even seen the POP ep's. i've seen a few from the list, but dont remember enough to choose any so i wont be playing the guessing game
    Last edited by carlo; March 17, 2006 at 04:07pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  18. #43
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,001
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo
    the only thing i'm making a point on this generalization is why would anyone pick an ep you have not even seen or hardly remember in other cases.

    if i was to choose the best ep's from MOTU without me seeing any of them or just saw them once or twice years ago is like just playing the guessing game on a test but of course a test is serious business

    i just dont agree with this at all..
    So who chooses then? An exec who has never seen any of the episodes before, closes his eyes and randomly drops his finger on an ep at a time until he chooses 5 eps out?

    Fans having the choice to choose is the best idea and to a certain extent gets the 'better' episodes put on to DVD first. It's beyond me why anybody would be against that

    and it ain't as if we can send curtusy tapes of all 25 episodes to people to watch before they vote. For some people they might have to read a synopsis or another fans reaction to make their choice. I'm afraid that can't be helped.

    Your damned if you do and damned if you don't with some of you guys! Your never happy!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

  19. #44
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,445
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats
    So who chooses then? An exec who has never seen any of the episodes before, closes his eyes and randomly drops his finger on an ep at a time until he chooses 5 eps out?
    dont get all testy with me... we both know you are being toooo sarcastic now

    Fans having the choice to choose is the best idea and to a certain extent gets the 'better' episodes put on to DVD first. It's beyond me why anybody would be against that
    darnit.. read my post thoroughly

    and it ain't as if we can send curtusy tapes of all 25 episodes to people to watch before they vote. For some people they might have to read a synopsis or another fans reaction to make their choice. I'm afraid that can't be helped
    now we both know you are being way toooo sarcastic.. again

    Your damned if you do and damned if you don't with some of you guys! Your never happy!
    i'm damned at this point cause i'm not a satisfied camper
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  20. #45
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,528
    I'll tell ya what, carlo.
    Take that energy from your devotion and turn it towards photos of your POP collection for He-Man.org.

  21. #46
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,893
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo
    the only thing i'm making a point on this generalization is why would anyone pick an ep you have not even seen or hardly remember in other cases.
    Maybe some people have an ax to grind with the Princess of Power series, and so they take out their frustrations by taking note of what the most mentioned 'favorite' episodes are, and then picking the least mentioned out of the list in an effort to stick it to PoP.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia
    This is pretty cool. Though, I must say I'm slightly disapointed that Secret of the Sword isn't getting its own, separate release.

    While I am glad to have this on DVD no matter what, to me since SOTS was a theatrically released movie (regardless of the fact that its the first 5 episodes edited together), it deserves its due in-and-of itself, while still being part of the larger promotion of She-ra on DVD.
    I have to say that I concur. I mean, He-Man was in the MOVIE THEATRES! And that's where She-Ra PREMIERED! Movies are a much bigger deal than television and are so much more respected, particularly within that industry, that it's really quite an accomplishment that these characters made it onto the big screen.

    But I'm sure the rockin crew behind these releases either tried their darndest to make a separate release happen or deemed this course of action the proper one, and I trust their judgement because they've more than proved that they CLEARLY know what they're doing!!!

    And this is FREAKING AWESOME NEWS!!!! I'm very excited about She-Ra coming to DVD!!!

    So...about the 5 episodes that are "The Secret Of The Sword". Will we have the option to have both versions? Because there were scenes in the versions that aired on TV that were not in the theatrical release. Also, will we perhaps have the option of hitting 'play movie' or something like that so we can watch it all together as opposed to with breaks in between for credits and opening sequences?

    Thank you guys for all of your amazing work bringing these Powerful characters to DVD for us all!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  23. #48
    The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,332
    See, never really watching POP as a kid and not the biggest fan, I pretty much just chose all the He-Man related ones.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

  24. #49
    Movie Machine shigsy2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,199
    Howdy

    Yay, awesome news, can't really vote though, I missed out on She-Ra. Just to make things clear.....SOTS is being released with the 5-Best? Interesting.

    Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior Java's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    321
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BCI, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

    You're really the best, I'm so happy SHE-RA is coming to dvd, and that you're the ones to do it!!!!

    THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    EDIT:
    Please, English and Spanish audio tracks!
    Last edited by Java; March 17, 2006 at 08:04pm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •