View Poll Results: Which evil is the evilest?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skeletor and his team

34 29.31%
  • The Evil Horde

52 44.83%
  • The Snake Men

30 25.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Evilest Evil

Co-Creator of the NV
    This one was hard to vote for as I am only considering pre-200x era versions because it is placed in the Filmation forum....

Skeletor and his gang were portrayed as a threat in the mini comics. But in the cartoon he was a bumbling joke so I can't really classify him as "evil" at all.

Hordak and the Horde... same story as Skeletor. They didn't make it into MOTU, but they were put in PoP and utterly ruined them. Hordak being an incompetent transformer wannabe isn't what I think of as evil.

King Hiss and the Snakemen. I think that the group of the Snakemen were only limited to the mini comics. Assuming my memory of that is correct, there was no opportunity for them to be defanged (pun intended) in the cartoons, thereby making King Hiss' team the most legitimately evil of the bunch.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    This one was hard to vote for as I am only considering pre-200x era versions because it is placed in the Filmation forum....

Skeletor and his gang were portrayed as a threat in the mini comics. But in the cartoon he was a bumbling joke so I can't really classify him as "evil" at all.

Hordak and the Horde... same story as Skeletor. They didn't make it into MOTU, but they were put in PoP and utterly ruined them. Hordak being an incompetent transformer wannabe isn't what I think of as evil.

King Hiss and the Snakemen. I think that the group of the Snakemen were only limited to the mini comics. Assuming my memory of that is correct, there was no opportunity for them to be defanged (pun intended) in the cartoons, thereby making King Hiss' team the most legitimately evil of the bunch.
    Even if we are using the original era (and non-Filmation), I think Hordak is still number one.

The Snake Men are so much of a non-factor they have to team up with Skeletor instead of being their own force. And vintage Skeletor feared Hordak, despite having more warriors and vehicles.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Even if we are using the original era (and non-Filmation), I think Hordak is still number one.

The Snake Men are so much of a non-factor they have to team up with Skeletor instead of being their own force. And vintage Skeletor feared Hordak, despite having more warriors and vehicles.
    I'd totally agree if you're just looking at the mini-comics. But in my case I considered them with Filmation. I'll be honest, when it comes to this era, I only like the mini-comics, but Filmation was so widespread I felt I had to consider it as well. After considering it, Hiss was pretty much a non-factor still, but any credibility that either skeletor or hordak had from the comics was wiped away by the toons.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    This is a tough one, trying to seperate which I like best as opposed to which band is the most evil.

I'd like to think it is Skeletor, as in some of his non-Filmation stories he is diabolically bad.
    If this was just Filmation-wise I'd probably go with the Horde, even though I like them less.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I guess I'm a goody 2-shoes. I picked the Snake Men as the most evil but they're my least favorite group. Skeletor's crew is probably the least evil but they are my favorites by a mile.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm gonna Skeletor and his henchmen. But I think i'm not being impartial, LOL, I just like Skeletor better than Hordak

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    What do you think? Who do you perceive as true, serious evil?
    Benedict Judas Hel...duh.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Horde Prime still rules all MOTU galaxy villains.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    horde prime & the horde army.

this is though they are all evil in there own way.

Horde. Without doubt. Poor Calix...

I agree with those saying Plundor. Skeletor and Hordak merely wanted to conquer the respective universe/planet. Plundar did so and was on the verge of completely destroying everything within it, he didn't stop at just ruling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    All of these guys are bad but who is the worst?

To me, Skeletor's team has always been kind of naughty, but they never really scared me, even back in the 80s.
    The Horde was always too cool to be bad. I mean I loved them, but if someone's evil then you are not supposed to love them, are you?
    However the Snake Men - I never really liked them, but I must say that they kind of scare me. Maybe it's the whole snake stuff (like many people I am afraid of snakes) but I have to say that if I had to choose between evils they are by far the worst.

What do you think? Who do you perceive as true, serious evil?
    I agree with this quite alot. I voted Snakemen before I even read any comments.

I always remember thinking King HIsss and his snakemen were the vilians that other vilians would have to team up against.

The Snakemen were just cold blooded. Hehe.

But yeah, I always could feel that the HOrde could be talked to. Even reasoned with. If not all the time, even sometimes just one member could be convinced.

But I always felt that to a man, the snakemen were loyal and completely dedicated. They would not stop. They would show no mercy.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Skeletor... He is and always will be the OVERLORD!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    Silly voice aside, I went with Skeletor and his crew- maybe I associated the Horde too closely with She-Ra at the time (the nerve!), but Hordak always kinda fell flat as some 'big, bad eeevil.'
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

The EVIL Horde of course...they don`t have that name for nothing.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

I voted for the Horde since Horde Prime seemed to be the main force behind Hordak and even Skeletor at some points. I do have to wonder where the "Spirit of All Evil" from "The Wizard of Stone Mountain" fits into this race.

I've thought long and hard on the topic of evil. And the problem with the "evilest" is always context and perception.

For instance what is more evil. Something that is so much more expansive than your existance that it's very nature is to destroy everything you care about? Is that evil? Or is it like us and ants? Certainly we think of it as evil, but at that point is a tornado evil? Are we when we exterminate the ants from what we perceive as our home?

How about someone who has no humanity. Something was just very wrong in their head. They destroy and betray, but then again they never had the tools to see things our way. And they never will. So why should we expect them to be different? They are true to their nature, which is very contrary to ours, and should be combated. A true psychopath is sick and to be pitied while we keep our selves safe by stopping them. What is evil to them? Can they even understand the concept, and if not, how can they be "evil"?

Again, certainly we perceive what they do as evil. But is that the same thing as objectively evil?

What about a person who never was given the same frame of reference of reality as us. Perhaps this person even thinks they are the good guy. Probably does. But their "good" is based on things we find contrary to love or goodness. Perhaps it is hate. But then what about when we hate the things that hate us? Hate the things that hurt us? If you saw a sickness that was hurting people and you could fight it, wouldnt you be evil to not? Now say that other person with different and let's argue wrong beliefs saw the same. I'm not saying these crusaders are right, but I am saying in their own mind they are the good guys. Are they evil?

What about a person who is broken and weak. Who has crumbled into the worst place because of the outcome of their life. Now they are a bitter and dark thing that glorifies in what they see as evil since they are lost, why not take it out on the world. Are they not to be pitied? It is easy enough to say that perhaps "good" people would have not turned out that way. In fact most do not let us say. But then what is their original crime? To be weak? To lose and be twisted? How much can we really hold them accountable for? Certainly we must fight their crimes and hold them accountable for their choices, no matter what caused it. But before the fall, were they just evil?

Can anything become evil? Can anything be evil? Is a hungry lion evil to the person it eats, or the person for killing some starving lion cubs mother?

I think after considering all of this the worst evil is not that which harms a subjective observer or the things that observer cares about. I would say evil is so much smaller and specific than any complete person or beast.

Evil I believe, is the moment when a conscious entity decides to cause pain and suffering for and enjoys it and enjoys it precisely because they are causing harm for no reason other than because they can and because they enjoy it.

I think all of us have felt the touch of evil. It does live within any conscious entity. Some is worse than others. For instance it is understandable to feel satisfaction at the suffering of someone who has committed evil against you or those you love. But to allow yourself to feel like that is ok is a lie. That is evil as well. Perhaps more justified evil, or at least as I said understandable. But still to be fought.

Destroying evil should not be enjoyed but done because it is the right thing to do, just as evil is doing the wrong thing. But it is such a minor thing, barely even real. It is just how we perceive events that affect us. Evil really doesnt "exist". But we create it. It's in the minds of those that can imagine it.

The root of evil is fighting against one's nature. Nature is a self regulating system. The lion should eat and the gazelle should run. Neither is evil. When the lion feels guilt for a need, or the gazelle hates because it cannot accept or understand. This is the root of evil.

Sentience breeds evil. Otherwise things just are. So once a thing is saddled, or cursed, with sentience it decideds for itself what is good and evil. The best we can hope for is that we learn what real evil is (going against nature and our accurate perceptions of the illusions of society) and do everything we can to keep the lie of good and evil fair and accurate, as we perceive it.

Evil is not permanent. Evil does not have to stain. Evil is a flicker and if not nurtured dies on it's own very quickly. But then so is Good. Good almost always begins and ends with what is ultimately selfishness. Whatever we like the most and want more of. Sometimes we see sacrifice above that judgement, but in the end the martyr only can do so because of the satisfaction of being good. Good is a drug as much as Evil. But the drug that helps most is good and the drug that does the most harm is Evil.

We are animals. Some of us are barely sentient. Debateably any of us truly are. But the closer we get to sentience the more capable we are of evil. The less the lion or gazelle and more the evil monster.

Who is the most evil? I don't know. I don't know that I can.

Probably Skeletor because he had many chances to not be, and continually makes the wrong one.

Hordak is clearly responsible for more evil, probably the most. Or more appropriately Horde Supreme. But it seems Hordak is more aware of what he does, is closer and sees it. Horde Supreme is away from the reality of the suffering so perhaps less culpable.

King Hiss from what I can tell is hardly evil at all. He is a king, arrogant, and trying to return to his kingdom. He has a people. He makes dangerous choices but amongst his own seems basically appropriate. Nobel even.

The most evil I've seen in MOTU has been Despara in the MOTU DC Comic. To commit the worst evil, you have to be the closest to good I think. That is why to truly combat evil I feel you have to be able to forgive it. To allow evil to die. Not nurture it by hating the perpetrator, but helping them at all cost overcome it and turn to good.

As I've said, I've thought long and hard on the subject. Perhaps this was interesting to someone.

Heroic Warrior
    The Snake Men have always been my favorite evil faction.. So they get my vote!!!

In the 2001 cartoon the snake men wanted to feed Evil Lynn to King Hiss literally . Since snakemen are half human its safe to label that as cannibalism .

If Hordak and Skeletor take over management we all become slaves .

If King Hiss takes over , we become food animals .

Go check out some PETA videos if you want to know what happens to food animals .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold