Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour of Eternia #10: The Council of Wisdom

Tour of Eternia #10: The Council of Wisdom

For the tenth visit on our tour of Eternia, we're going to take a little step back in time to the distant past, to an era that historians are calling "Preternia." In this ancient world, a secret society guarded the land from evil, possibly in the stead of Grayskull's Council of Elders (or possibly predating them, there is some dispute over the exact timeframe). We do not know all the names of this secret society's members, but we do have some guesses based on more recent Eternian history. We do know that the body was called the Council of Wisdom.

Possibly the last son of King Grayskull and the Sorceress Veena, the first He-Ro (not to be confused with a much later reincarnation) was the most Powerful Wizard in the Universe and the thorn in King Hsss's side prior to his banishment to the Void.

Helping young He-Ro was the not-as-powerful-but-much-more-knowledgable wizard Eldor.

Another member of the council was an elderly member of the Children of Infinitia, also known as Guar, Dark Elves, and the Lost Race. It is believed they may have been the founders of Anwat Gar, though their influence on Eternia has been much wider spread than that lost civilization.

It is believed that there have been many starchildren over the the centuries, some male and some female. We are sure that one such starchild sat on the council, though we do not know for how long or what became of him or her.

We have it on good authority that one member of the council was named Mother Tetsudo, and it has been theorized that she was a Repton. Since members of the council were apparently barred from bearing actual children, it is guessed that "Mother" was a title of respect more than an actual indication that she bore children. However it has also been theorized that she might have given birth before becoming a part of the council.

Some historians have theorized that the mysterious Faceless One of Zalecia was originally its last king. Some historians are fairly sure that this was Zanthor, a known member of the Council of the Wise who betrayed them, allowed a villain to access the Golden Disks of Knowledge, and was punished by being turned into a phantom. We do not know how long he served on the council, or why he broke his oath and sired a daughter, but we suspect that his intentions were mostly sympathetic and his fate more tragic for it.

Some have tried to link the tribal chieftess Shurella to the dark sorceress Shokoti. It is unprovable that they were the same person, but Shurella was a stern and harsh advocate of the Council's oath, making it hard to believe she turned to evil in the end. Some have theorized that she and Shokoti were sisters. The tragedy of her people's legacy however may forever taint her memory, for many of them did turn tragically to the dark arts, including both Shokoti and the warlord Keldor.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 25, 2007 at 07:35pm.

One of the more mysterious members of the Council was a cybernetic individual that some think had ties to the Cosmic Enforcers.

Another very mysterious member of the council was a stranger believed to be associated with the Sword of Protection mythology. The symbols he wears resemble those seen elsewhere in Eternian history, but mostly in sources that are disputed as apocryphal.

A fire person whose name has never been revealed had to have served on the council as well (as evidenced by some of the scorch marks on the chairs recovered in some of the historical sites). He has been given the hypothetical name of Pyroah, though it may not be his real name.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Excellent stuff G!! Wow cool Tour!!

" Sorceress of Night " evil-lyn4ever's Avatar
    This is very awesome work! I especially appreciate the history of Eris, as I was wondering myself if she was Shokoti. I remember her in the comic where the faceless one was taking up for his daughter evil-lyn. You captured her image with absolute perfection. I really love, and enjoy all of your work.

PS-You truly are the best thing that has ever happened to these boards, especially since the series was cancelled. You have managed to keep MOTU alive.
    "Evil Lyn Sorceress of Night."

Thank you for that Evil-Lyn4ever, but I'm certainly not the only one keeping MOTU alive (thank the Elders )! There are a lot of fine artists on these boards, more than a few who are better than me, and we all do our part. Oh and the 4 Horsemen making those stactions helps too! Like you, I'm just a fan in love.

I don't want to come off as the final word on these characters' identities. Zanthor was never given as the Faceless One's name, and Pyroah was a name that another fan invented for a custom figure thread a while back. Emiliano confirmed the name of Mother Tetsudo on that thread, and I think it's a safe bet who He-Ro, Eldor, and the Starchild all are (their names weren't confirmed in the comics).

The blurb about Eris is only this fan's opinion though, not actual canon or what was planned for her identity. She may actually be Shokoti, but since we don't know that for sure (and it felt to me like people were taking it as fact that she is Shokoti) I drew a line and said she's a different person. But you know they could always be relatives, or even twins.

Hey sweet, the comic-version Council!

Been wanting to see these designs for a while, and of course, you did an amazing job rendering them

Keep the tour rolling!
    D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Stagwolf Art and Toys
    https://stagwolfartandtoys.squarespace.com/

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I love them.

I sure hope you have a site with all of these in it from the very beginning.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

AWESOME as usual gbagok! One thing I gotta say... you're definitely getting better at hands. They were never bad but I can see you getting better

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin
    I can see you getting better
    I wholeheartedly agree, not only on hands-part, but I am finally starting to actually see your own input in the drawings, instead of carbon-copies of MYP-style. I look forward to all future Tours!

*rightclicksave*

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    oh my goodness. the hammer fall.

that stuff is unbelievble. i love it. and i have to do some customs from it

Court Magician
    Are you sure you don't work for Mike Young Productions??

This stuff along with the rest of your tours is awesome!

This is definitly THE best Tour so far gb. Absolutley love how you worked on the characters.hOpe to see many more Tours from you .Great work.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad
    This is definitly THE best Tour so far gb. Absolutley love how you worked on the characters.hOpe to see many more Tours from you .Great work.
    DITTO!

FANTASTIC! These are ALL AMAZING gbagok!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    ... and Pyroah was a name that another fan invented for a custom figure thread a while back.
    Indeed - and we were calling the Elder blue man OLDRON !

Last edited by J-Sun; March 23, 2006 at 09:29am.

wow these are amazing.Great work as usual.

J-Sun I could see a custom He-ro in your future from that design.

Wow excellent stuff as always Gbagok

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    where are these charakters from?

i know lighthope from she-ra, keldron from a comic, the ruler of zalecia, he-ro and eldor, but who are the other ones?

is starchild from the classic cartoon redesined?

mechanor too?

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    They all appeared in the Masters comic #5 (Vol.III) when the origin of the Faceless One was revealed.

Absolutely great work! Specially Eldor and the Starchild are truly impressive!

Thank you so much. This is so fantastic! You are really should continue the Masters Of The Universe" cartoon
    .: Any Questions yet? :.

great work again, love these tours.
    Last edited by 13977; March 23, 2006 at 04:45pm.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Really are in love with your artwork. How many tours are planned and did you allready have drawn the rest of the Masters and Evil Warriors?

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    These are awesome.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

As everyone else mentioned GB, excellent work!!! Seeing stuff from you and Iceman, is like having the toon back on the air.

When can we expect to you & Ice's next colaboration?
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

I'm glad people love these tours!

I do have a question for people: who do you most want to be in upcoming tours? So far I've done Qadians, Andreenids, the Moon of Phantos, Spelians, Fire People, Caligars, Sorceresses of Grayskull, Aquaticans, Avionians, and now the Council of Wisdom. I have several more planned/in-progress, but I'd love some suggestions.

RE my next collaboration with Iceman, we were planning to post the next one in early May, but I haven't heard anything from Iceman in a while now. He's got a lot on his plate so I'm not going to add to his stress, but I think I'll probably push it back to Memorial Day or early June at this point.