Thread: Keeping loose figures safe?

Keeping loose figures safe?

I think this has been asked lots of time about carded figures, but I've never seen a thread about loose ones. I have hundreds of MOTU figures from classic and new and I keep 90% of them loose. Right now they are in sandwich bags and put away in storage bins (the ones not on display), but I feel I need something better. Plastic cases perhaps? I read on a website today that sandwich bags can harm the paint used on action figures. I just need to know a safe and efficient way to store them for long periods of time.

Plastic cases perhaps?
    I have all of my figures in these. They only cost about $0.50 each. I have ordered over 500 of these and they are perfect for all vintage MOTU figures.

I get them here. They seem to be the cheapest.
    http://www.theearthtoymall.com/sofcashotwhe.html

Also there's cellophane wrap and ziploc bags... which are awesome for those of us whose pockets seem to get smaller each year
    Last edited by LupaLuna; April 2, 2006 at 12:01pm.
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Thanks guys!

Hey all!

I recently dug out my vintage figures -- I kept them all loose crowded in a cardboard box in the basement. They suffered some dings and stickiness due to some moisture exposure. I have cleaned them over and put them all in regular Ziploc bags. I know I should be using archival mylar or cellophane bags... right?

Any brand/site recommendations? Thanks so much.

Check out this site. Great customer service and a few options for lose figs:

theearthtoymall

**Please only post links to online retailers in the marketplace forum. Thanks.**

I go in phases as to whether or not my stuff is on display. I normally store my loose figs in ziploc bags (like so many have mentioned) and load them into rubbermaid totes. They've been stored that way on and off for several years at a time and I've never had a problem.

You can also get Zolo cases for your loose vintage figures. I used to have the clam shells from theearthtoymall but my figures started to rub on the sides of them. Especially the bulkier figures. Therefore the paint would come of. I now simply display them in a Detolf glass case.

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Check out this site. Great customer service and a few options for lose figs:

theearthtoymall

**Please only post links to online retailers in the marketplace forum. Thanks.**
    Thanks everyone. It looks like The Earth Toy Mall gets plenty of votes of confidence!

So are zip loc bags good or bad for loose figs? Currently, I have my complete loose Tigersharks line in zip loc bags (accessories in their own smaller bags) and then in a 200x zolo case displayed with their cardbacks. Am I risking plastic degradation by using this method?

Heroic Podcaster
    I like the Zolo cases. Keeps the figures secure but not smashed and has a place for the mini comics behind them like small backdrops.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid