Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trapjaw and Skeletor

From the 12 principles of Buddhism....

Compassion is described as ‘the Law of laws--eternal harmony’, and he who breaks this harmony of life will suffer accordingly and delay his own Enlightenment.

The utmost tolerance is practised towards all other religions and philosophies, for no man has the right to interfere in his neighbour’s journey to the Goal.
    Seriously, for someone who CLAIMS to be a Buddist,
    you have a very very long way until reaching self-enlightenment.

Living in Laker Village Uncle Dorko's Avatar
    Killer Clone, just because a word is not defined or spelled exactly the way define or spell it does not mean it has been used incorrectly.

And I agree that connecting Kronis and Keldor in any other way than Master/Henchman would be silly. And i agree that C-3PO, R2-D2, and Chewbacca were shoe horned into the new trilogy so that people could see their old favorites rather than get to know and like new characters. It also saved Lucas some creativity.

And Boba Fett watched his dad die, stood while Jabba threatened Han, watched Vader freeze Han and took him to Jabba, stood by to watch Leia threaten Jabba and then get caught, and when he tries to take action against the escaping rebels he gets accidently killed by a blind guy with a stick. Looked cool, but didn't do crap in the official universe (only what is seen in the films on the silver screen counts towards Lucas recognized continuity.)
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Dr. Richard Dawkins

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Emcee: ....And finally, the man you've all been waiting for, this is his first Star Trek convention in quite a long time, I know he's thrilled to be here, Captain James Tiberius Kirk himself, WILLIAM SHATNER!

[ Shatner walks to the podium. ]

Emcee: Now Bill's here to field a few questions so just fire away!

Trekkies: Mr. Shatner! Mr. Shatner!

William Shatner: Alright, the first question, uh, go ahead!

Charlie: Yeah! Okay, um, when you were gonna beam down to the planet, okay, for the last time in Episode 25? I was wondering, like um, w-w-what was going on with the crew in that particular....

William Shatner: Uh... Episode 25?

Charlie: Yeah!

William Shatner: Um... you gotta give me a PLOT, see, cause it's 20 years and it's a long time... a PLOT... uh....

Charlie: Yeah, Episode 25, that's where you and the crew of the Enterprise get attacked by these spores? And started acting real weird, like hippies and stuff?

William Shatner: [ smiling ] Oh oh, yeah right, I remember, okay uh... what's the question?

Charlie: Well um, I was wondering if you could settle a bet for me and my friends, okay? Um, like, when you... um, left your quarters for the last time? And you opened up your safe? Um... what was the combination?

William Shatner: [ lengthy pause, incredulous expression ] I-I-I don't know! I mean, it's been a long time! I, uh... I don't know that! Uh, okay?

Charlie: [ disappointed ] Okay! Okay!

William Shatner: Anybody? Oh, all right, go ahead! You? Go ahead! You in the funny shirt!

Adam: [ wearing Kirk uniform ] Okay! Another bet... okay... on your horse farm... alright? How many saddle-bred horses do you have?

William Shatner: Uh... 34.

Adam: Wait, wait... is that including the colt that was born earlier this week?

William Shatner: [ stunned pause ] That mare had a foal?

Adam: Tuesday!

William Shatner: Well I... guess it's 35 then!

Adam: ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT! [ congratulated by his friends ]

William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Man with Vulcan Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!

Charlie: Are- are you saying then that we should pay more attention to the movies?

William Shatner: NO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING AT ALL!!! HEY, YOU GUYS ARE... THE LAMEST BUNCH... I'VE NEVER SEEN... [ walks away from podium ] I can't believe these people... I mean, I really can't understand what's....

[ Emcee argues with Shatner off-mike, shoves him, Shatner shoves back harder.... ]

Second Emcee: Uh... that was William Shatner, ladies and gentlemen. Uh, I'd like to remind you Trekkers that we have some fine refreshments from all over the galaxy... Coke, Diet Coke, Bubble Up, Orange, I believe. We....
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; May 1, 2006 at 11:30pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I'm afraid to tell, but Shatner's right. And it doesn't fit only Trekkers...
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Adam_Prince of Eternia, first of all I'd like to mention that the arguement that I've been making is that it is merely possible that many (but not all) of the light blue skinned human characters are of the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn
    ... KELDOR.... and SYKLONE... it stands to reason that they are likely of the same race.....

... it is probable that KELDOR and SYKLONE are both GAR....
    I never said they were cousins, or knew each other, that they came from the same city (I would think that ANWAT GAR is just one of many Gar settlements). I never suggested that there be any further unnecessary connection. You on the other hand were saying that they were definitely not from the same race, and that to think so was "over-simplifying" and "presumptuous." You've ignored all of the factors that I had presented, and claimed that my arguement was based entirely on skin color, and been condescending and rude to anyone who disagrees with you (typing out dictionary definitions is condescending, no matter how you look at it).

So now I'd like to thank Emiliano for confirming my theories and putting this to rest. Thanks to LORD FALLEN ELDOR, gbagok, Captain Atkin, and everyone else for presenting their arguements in a well thought out, adult manner. As for you Adam_Prince of Eternia, you may continue to agrue about Star Wars as long as you like, but I hope in the future you will be a bit more respectful and reasonable in your arguements.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Adam_Prince of Eternia, first of all I'd like to mention that the arguement that I've been making is that it is merely possible that many (but not all) of the light blue skinned human characters are of the same race.

I never said they were cousins, or knew each other, that they came from the same city (I would think that ANWAT GAR is just one of many Gar settlements). I never suggested that there be any further unnecessary connection. You on the other hand were saying that they were definitely not from the same race, and that to think so was "over-simplifying" and "presumptuous."
    Is that so?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia

...So while it is probable that KELDOR and SYKLONE are both GAR, this does not negate the possibility that KRONIS may be all or part GAR, or an offshoot (like the Romulans are to Vulcans).
    And it just as possible that none of them are...

You've ignored all of the factors that I had presented, and claimed that my arguement was based entirely on skin color...
    You forgot to include such compelling evidence as "both are adept in magical arts," "both use fighting styles involving lots of weird spinning techniques," and the fact both Keldor and Sy-Klone have black eyebrows.

I never stated that your argument is based entirely on skin color.

Moreover, you argued that I did not provide any evidence that "none the blue-skinned characters are from the same race," even though my argument was that "not all of the blue-skinned characters are of the same race," which I provided evidence for.

...and been condescending and rude to anyone who disagrees with you...
    As opposed to your behavior which has not been condescending or rude:

Ignoring this STAR WARS tangent, Adam_Prince of Eternia, you still have not offered one single point that actually backs up your arguement that none of the blue-skinned characters are from the same race. It seems that you think they are not, simply because you don't like the idea. I'm not going to get into a battle of preferences, which is why I've stuck to facts and observations. You can't dispute any of my points, so you've just ignored them and simply spouted nonsense like, "it's an unnecessary oversimplification," with nothing to back it up. So unless you're going to offer something substantial, I think you're wasting your time.
    Jesus! By that logic it is possible that RANDOR's skin tone is the result of some transformation. We don't know! Since MYP never showed his birth, he could've been born with purple skin and wings. Then when KELDOR started practicing magic he transformed his brother into a caucasian-looking Eternian. Since there are no episodes that contradict this, it's entirely possible.

(typing out dictionary definitions is condescending, no matter how you look at it).
    KILLER-CLONE claimed that I was using words incorrectly, so I provided their definitions to prove that I was not. There is nothing condescending about it.

So now I'd like to thank Emiliano for confirming my theories and putting this to rest. Thanks to LORD FALLEN ELDOR, gbagok, Captain Atkin, and everyone else for presenting their arguements in a well thought out, adult manner. As for you Adam_Prince of Eternia, you may continue to agrue about Star Wars as long as you like, but I hope in the future you will be a bit more respectful and reasonable in your arguements.
    I am thoroughly impressed by your self-aggrandizing congratulations to people who agree with you. In the future, you should follow your own advice.

Everyone please chill out
    You've got official word from Ian Richter and me:Keldor is Gar, Sy-Klone is Gar, Kronis isn't.
    If you want to discuss and speculate on this, that's cool, but I don't see any reason to keep arguing if not for the sake of arguing

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano
    Everyone please chill out
    You've got official word from Ian Richter and me:Keldor is Gar, Sy-Klone is Gar, Kronis isn't.
    If you want to discuss and speculate on this, that's cool, but I don't see any reason to keep arguing if not for the sake of arguing
    Somehow I managed to escape the madness of this stupid debate, but I do have a simple question for you Emil…Why isn’t Kronis a gar? He was a blue skinned human just like Keldor ,Sykone and the others, what’s the difference between Kronis and these Gur? And do you think Tuvar could be one?

[COLOR=Navy]

Your welcome but seriously arguing in circles with APoE is really pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia
    I
    I am thoroughly impressed by your self-aggrandizing congratulations to people who agree with you.
    Yeah, I was also impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin
    Emcee: ....And finally, the man you've all been waiting for, this is his first Star Trek convention in quite a long time, I know he's thrilled to be here, Captain James Tiberius Kirk himself, WILLIAM SHATNER!

[ Shatner walks to the podium. ]

Emcee: Now Bill's here to field a few questions so just fire away!

Trekkies: Mr. Shatner! Mr. Shatner!

William Shatner: Alright, the first question, uh, go ahead!

Charlie: Yeah! Okay, um, when you were gonna beam down to the planet, okay, for the last time in Episode 25? I was wondering, like um, w-w-what was going on with the crew in that particular....

William Shatner: Uh... Episode 25?

Charlie: Yeah!

William Shatner: Um... you gotta give me a PLOT, see, cause it's 20 years and it's a long time... a PLOT... uh....

Charlie: Yeah, Episode 25, that's where you and the crew of the Enterprise get attacked by these spores? And started acting real weird, like hippies and stuff?

William Shatner: [ smiling ] Oh oh, yeah right, I remember, okay uh... what's the question?

Charlie: Well um, I was wondering if you could settle a bet for me and my friends, okay? Um, like, when you... um, left your quarters for the last time? And you opened up your safe? Um... what was the combination?

William Shatner: [ lengthy pause, incredulous expression ] I-I-I don't know! I mean, it's been a long time! I, uh... I don't know that! Uh, okay?

Charlie: [ disappointed ] Okay! Okay!

William Shatner: Anybody? Oh, all right, go ahead! You? Go ahead! You in the funny shirt!

Adam: [ wearing Kirk uniform ] Okay! Another bet... okay... on your horse farm... alright? How many saddle-bred horses do you have?

William Shatner: Uh... 34.

Adam: Wait, wait... is that including the colt that was born earlier this week?

William Shatner: [ stunned pause ] That mare had a foal?

Adam: Tuesday!

William Shatner: Well I... guess it's 35 then!

Adam: ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT! [ congratulated by his friends ]

William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Man with Vulcan Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!

Charlie: Are- are you saying then that we should pay more attention to the movies?

William Shatner: NO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING AT ALL!!! HEY, YOU GUYS ARE... THE LAMEST BUNCH... I'VE NEVER SEEN... [ walks away from podium ] I can't believe these people... I mean, I really can't understand what's....

[ Emcee argues with Shatner off-mike, shoves him, Shatner shoves back harder.... ]

Second Emcee: Uh... that was William Shatner, ladies and gentlemen. Uh, I'd like to remind you Trekkers that we have some fine refreshments from all over the galaxy... Coke, Diet Coke, Bubble Up, Orange, I believe. We....
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; May 2, 2006 at 06:04am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    Somehow I managed to escape the madness of this stupid debate, but I do have a simple question for you Emil…Why isn’t Kronis a gar? He was a blue skinned human just like Keldor ,Sykone and the others, what’s the difference between Kronis and these Gur? And do you think Tuvar could be one?
    Well, I can't tell what is the difference between Kronis and the rest of Gar people without giving away too much.
    He's just not a Gar.
    I've already given a big hint a few posts above but that's all I will say

Hum, I've never thought about Tuvar, but if it was me I wouldn't make him Gar.