Thread: Missing Star Wars Footage

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar

Missing Star Wars Footage

A very cool deleted scene from Star Wars re-edited in sequential order. I can see why they removed it, but very cool nonetheless.

Pretty cool. Yeah I liked these additions to the Radio Show (which is where the audio comes from). nice find
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

By gum, that was pretty neat! Thanks, He-Lurker!
    Happy 10th Birthday to my lil' MOTU fan, my daughter Sierra Rose, on 3/16/13!!
    I'm a winner... maybe.

Chris here...

Where the heck did all the composite parts of that come from?! I have never, ever seen so much unused Star Wars footage, and with the clear audio - please can someone shed some light on the origins of this?!

Looking at that scene - I'm astonished that George hasn't tried to reincorporate a CGI version of that into Episode IV! Seriously, I would have said that scene makes a huge difference to revealing aspects of Luke's character, plus we see the significance of Biggs when he & Luke are reunited towards the end of the movie! IMO that scene is every bit as important as the Han Solo/Jabba the Hutt scene that was edited into the Special Edition of A New Hope!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    I could be totally wrong, but the way I understand it, the video was from mini cds that were distributed for some promotion of the special editions. And the audio was from a radio show. Is this correct??

Heh...I always liked the name Biggs Darklighter.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

I may be wrong, but I think they got the footage from a cd-rom that came out in the late 90's for the PC called "Star Wars: Behind the Magic - The Insider's Guide to Star Wars". I used to have it, and I can remember watching the scene. And I think their might be some more unused footage, too, but it's been so long since I last watched it, I can't remember for sure.

Thanks for the link, He-Lurker. This thread has inspired me to find that old Insider's Guide and check it out.
    "Ssssseize them!"

pepto bismol enthusiast Impulse's Avatar
    Yeah, I remember seeing that on TV back in the 80s. Isnt there some big conspiracy saying CBS didnt show that scene?

may be wrong, but I think they got the footage from a cd-rom that came out in the late 90's for the PC called "Star Wars: Behind the Magic - The Insider's Guide to Star Wars". I used to have it, and I can remember watching the scene. And I think their might be some more unused footage, too, but it's been so long since I last watched it, I can't remember for sure.
    You're absolutely correct. It also has the unedited Solo/human Jabba footage on it. If memory serves me right, there's also a meeting scene between Biggs and Skywalker when Luke makes it to Yavin. But my memory is fuzzy right there. *pets fuzzy memory*
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

Quote Originally Posted by LeelooMinai
    If memory serves me right, there's also a meeting scene between Biggs and Skywalker when Luke makes it to Yavin. But my memory is fuzzy right there. *pets fuzzy memory*
    Thta was put it in the Special Edition.

If we can find the ROTJ desert sandstorm scene, or the one where C3P0 tricks the stromtroopers into going into a Wampa-infested room on Hoth...

That was a good scene! It adds something to the film me thinks.
    "What's this CAN'T stuff?! THERE AINT NO CAN'T!" -Mickey

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I love Biggs. In fact, that outfit he wears in this footage is the Star Wars action figure I want the most.

I read once, Lucas or Biggs' actor said it, that the reason they cut the whole footage was because it was one shot and they couldn't edit it. When you watch it you can see what I mean.

I was really hoping that this would have made it to the Special Editions DVDs. It is sad that it didn't make it.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

dude that was so awesome thanks
    Oh well whatever never mind.

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    It also has Luke wearing the Gilligan hat that one of the figures came with.
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Howdy

Thanks, that was awesome, it should be put on the DVD's in some form, if not incorporated in the movie then as a deleated scene on the disk.

What are those to other scenes I saw mentioned? The ROTJ Desert scene and C3PO tricking a Stormtrooper????????????????????????????

Chris M

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    I love Biggs. In fact, that outfit he wears in this footage is the Star Wars action figure I want the most.

I read once, Lucas or Biggs' actor said it, that the reason they cut the whole footage was because it was one shot and they couldn't edit it. When you watch it you can see what I mean.

I was really hoping that this would have made it to the Special Editions DVDs. It is sad that it didn't make it.
    Same here. I always wished this footage was put back in. I also hope that they eventually release a figure with biggs in these clothes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003

What are those to other scenes I saw mentioned? The ROTJ Desert scene and C3PO tricking a Stormtrooper????????????????????????????

Chris M

Chris M
    After they save Han from Jabba's there's a scene where they're returning to their ships. Han gives thanks to Luke, there's a sandstorm, etc. I've seen a few stills.

You know that wounded tauntaun and bloody smear in the background when Han first checks in at the Hoth base? Originally the base was infested with Wampas and they were quarantined in certain rooms. When the Empire busts in, C3PO passes a door with a Wampa warning on it. He takes it down. Later the snowtroopers open it and get mauled. It's on the laserdisc version.
    Last edited by Blue Jester; June 4, 2006 at 03:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jester
    After they save Han from Jabba's there's a scene where they're returning to their ships. Han gives thanks to Luke, there's a sandstorm, etc. I've seen a few stills.

You know that wounded wampa and bloody smear in the background when Han first checks in at the Hoth base? Originally the base was infested with Wampas and they were quarantined in certain rooms. When the Empire busts in, C3PO passes a door with a Wampa warning on it. He takes it down. Later the snowtroopers open it and get mauled. It's on the laserdisc version.
    Holy crap!! I wanna see that! That's so cool, I loved those monster things when I was kid, I always wanted to see more of them. That explains that arcade video game I played a few years ago that had a point where you were at the Hoth base and a door opened up and a Wampa monsther starts attacking you.
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Thats the coolest i've seen all year!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003
    Thanks, that was awesome, it should be put on the DVD's in some form, if not incorporated in the movie then as a deleated scene on the disk.
    I think the quality is too low for it to be included in the actual film, but I dont know why they didnt put it on the dvds. Of all the things I wanted on there, these scenes were at the top of the list, presumabely there saving them for yet another release.

That was cool. That scene was in the original Star Wars novel. The desert scene is also in the RotJ novelisation but I don't recall a Wampa/C3PO scene. Anyone got the stills of the desert scene?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

now that

now that was cool i wish they had put it in it would have made the later scene with biggs make more sence.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!