Thread: New Adventures Of He-Man 1990 Annual & Possible Season 2

Hybrid View

New Adventures Of He-Man 1990 Annual & Possible Season 2

Hey Fellow NA Fans!

I recently just won the NA 1990 Annual on E-Bay (my last purchase for a while, I promise) which I'll be paying for within a week. This is so cool! I have all the MOTU Annuals now, and one of the POP ones, so now I will have the NA Annual as well! I can't wait to read this one!

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Hey Mikey, I bought the same annual off Ebay a few months ago. It's interesting to see some of the earlier ideas and concepts for the New Adventures in there

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    I liked the annual for the most part, it sticks to my prefered origins of the New Adventures where He-man travels to Primus to defend it from Skeletor (by the way this origin was done better in the UK Adventures comic), rather than the cartoon where Primus is in fact Eternia in the far off future and He-man is whisked there from the past.

The strangest thing I found in the annual was the fact that they got King Randor's name totaly wrong. In the annual they name Prince Adam as the son of Ragnor. I could understand this type of error or name change in the eairlier annual because their source material was mainly from prototypes, like having Orko go under the originally intended name of Gorpo. But as this was produced nearly a decade after MOTU began and names and characters had been long established I found this a bit annoying.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

I didnt realise primus was eternia in the future in the cartoons?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Actually, it's not in the cartoon. That was revealed to be so in the continuity of some of the later UK-mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot
    Actually, it's not in the cartoon. That was revealed to be so in the continuity of some of the later UK-mags.
    Ahhh I always wondered where that idea had come from, as its definately not from the cartoon

Which mag was that? I have them all and there is definitely no reference to Primus being the future Eternia. It was treated in the UK comics as a totally separate planet.

I thought personally that "A New Beginning" made it 100% clear that the writers of the NA series envisioned Primus as Eternia in the future.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

Master of New Adventures!

And they were completely wrong. They are two different planets.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6
    I didnt realise primus was eternia in the future in the cartoons?

There's an episode of New Adventures I can't remember the title of but it shows the Mutants finding a man from the past in suspended animation who is a rock star in the style of 80's/90's Earth! It seemed really wrong to me when I saw it since it seemed to be suggesting that Primus was Earth at some time in history....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian
    There's an episode of New Adventures I can't remember the title of but it shows the Mutants finding a man from the past in suspended animation who is a rock star in the style of 80's/90's Earth! It seemed really wrong to me when I saw it since it seemed to be suggesting that Primus was Earth at some time in history....
    That's "Rock to the Future". Earth does get a mention here as Hank Zappa's homeworld, but it doesn't get suggested that Primus is Earth.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian
    Actually, the point was that the love music and worship of those who create it is universal. Remember the penultimate musical scene in CLOSE ENCOUNTERS? Music is our universal Rosetta Stone.

Where was a crumbling Snake Mountain? I thought I'd seen it all, but I can't remember that.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I think they mean in the first episode where it decays after skeletor and he-man travel to primus.

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    Any one got a picture of this?
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6
    I think they mean in the first episode where it decays after skeletor and he-man travel to primus.
    wouldnt that be indicating the time lapse?

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Well I always thought it was just a symbol of skeletors evil leaving the land and his power over snake mountain fading but it may well have been ment as a time lapse indicating he-man and skeletor travelled forward in time but not through space. Wish there were some way to find out for sure either way? I think it would make NA seem more relavant if it were set on a future eternia rather than than on a totally different planet.