Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bravestarr so cool!

A big fan of Slush Head

Bravestarr so cool!

I wanted to open a thread for Bravestarr he was/is such a cool character. I love that cartoon and I am sooo happy to know that BCI will put it out on DVD soon, I can't wait to pick up that set. I am sure it will rock big time like the MOTu sets.

Who else will pick up a copy? I want to know how many Bravestarr fans are in here.

Also who knows where I can download action figure commercials from Bravestarr? Been looking for some like crazy and no luck.

Thanks for reading my friends.
    I hope we can share a good chat regarding Bravestarr here.

I like Bravestarr!

and yeah, will be glad when it's released on DVD so I can dump all my VHS copies!

Check out www.bravestarr.org ,it's a cool little site and the site owner is cool too.

As for toy commercials I can't help you there.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I LOVED Bravestarr!!!
    I will, economy permitting, get this set as soon as it hits the stores!
    It was an awesome toon that dosen't always get the credit it should! But yay that it'll be on DVD!!!!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

I totally loved the toys and am glad to say that I have EVERYTHING ever released.
    I loved the Legend of Bravestarr movie but the series could've been better I think.
    I do hope Bravestarr gets a UK release for reasons than one!

Strength... of a bear! Eyes... of a hawk!

Yeah, I loved Bravestarr too - and thought those figures were awesome as well. I remember the discuss-throwing features of one of them (don't ask me who - it's been such an awfully long time...) but the figures were a little pricey for me at the time.

One thing I really appreciated about the Bravestarr cartoon was that it wasn't condescending at all to children. Like He-Man, it had its own moral segment but I felt for the audience age bracket it certainly didn't pull any punches or sugar-coat anything in the presentation.
    In particular, I remember an episode that dealt with a child becoming addicted to a drug that worked by placing droplets of it onto the palm of the hand. Eventually this kid started stealing money from his mother's purse, etc to help fuel his habits. This show had a big impact on me because it didn't end with him realising the error of his ways or anything like that. The show ended with that little boy overdosing and dying.

Now if that wouldn't drive the message home for kids then I don't know what would. I've never done ilicit drugs in all my life, and although it was always MY choice not to do so - I honestly believe the image of that kid OD'ing and dying in the Bravestarr cartoon certainly helped shape my opinions on drugs for the better.

Now if that ain't deserving of praise in a cartoon then I don't know what is.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly
    Strength... of a bear! Eyes... of a hawk!

Yeah, I loved Bravestarr too - and thought those figures were awesome as well. I remember the discuss-throwing features of one of them (don't ask me who - it's been such an awfully long time...)
    Handlebar was his name.

Great toys and great show!! I never SAW the movie so I hope it comes out on DVD soon!

I'm looking forward to it too! And I even have a little project with Bravestarr that I'm working on, definitely a winner!

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

Bravestarr is a pretty cool figure line. i have most of the stuff but still need the playset, Borobot and one of the little guys. Check out the Bravestarr section on my website Bravestarr Action Figures
    Visit The Action Figure Archive Forums to discuss, buy, sell & trade action figure lines of the 70s, 80s & 90s. Remember to checkout the action figure guide and online store on the site as well!

Check out my trade feedback here

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, you guys are in for a real treat. It's really, really good!

if it's reasonably priced i'll get the set. I used to have just about every one of the figures. I bought bravestarr, tex hex (was that his name?) and the playset that was BS's HQ off of ebay about 3 years ago. I didn't really want the playset but it came with the figures and was a decent price so...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy
    For those of you who haven't seen the movie, you guys are in for a real treat. It's really, really good!
    Is it a live action movie or an animated one? I didn't know about a movie. Now I really need some info.

Quote Originally Posted by DestrongerLupus
    I'm looking forward to it too! And I even have a little project with Bravestarr that I'm working on, definitely a winner!
    Hey dude when will we see what you are cooking? You got my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock
    Is it a live action movie or an animated one? I didn't know about a movie. Now I really need some info.
    It's animated but it's Filmation at it's very, very best.
    Some of the sequences are just excellent. Bravestar v 30/30 anyone??!
    It's pretty much an origin story. How Bravestarr got his powers, Tex Hex's death and rebirth, New Texas and the rest.
    And it has one of the finest woman in any animated feature, Judge JB!
    The boys at Filmation had fun with her I tells ya!

I'm lucky enough to have it on VHS.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy
    It's animated but it's Filmation at it's very, very best.
    Some of the sequences are just excellent. Bravestar v 30/30 anyone??!
    It's pretty much an origin story. How Bravestarr got his powers, Tex Hex's death and rebirth, New Texas and the rest.
    And it has one of the finest woman in any animated feature, Judge JB!
    The boys at Filmation had fun with her I tells ya!

I'm lucky enough to have it on VHS.
    Holy Cow it sounds like a must see movie. I appreciate the info Pig Boy.You are one lucky fella to own the movie on tape I tell you.
    I am going to surf the web to find some screen caps of the movie.
    Awesome!!!

I really remember liking Bravestarr as a kid, what little I saw of it.

I'm definitely going to pick up the DVDs when BCI releases them, in the not-too-distant future.

I've got a few episodes lying around here on VHS that I haven't watched in a while. Hmm. There's a thought.

I am going to surf the web to find some screen caps of the movie.
    There are some screen caps from the movie here.

Hey dude when will we see what you are cooking? You got my interest.
    Probably this time next year

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveStarr
    Thanks for the Link Bravestarr!! The movie looks amazing, I like the quality of the art. I hope BCI release the movie as well.

Probably this time next year
    Sounds like I'll have to wait quite some time, but I will be waiting for sure.

WHAT A GUY
    I love Bravestar ahh he-man in the west :P I had the Stratocoach when i was young.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Have any of you seen good Bravestarr wallpapers? even if they are custom made?

Quote Originally Posted by BraveStarr
    James, did you get my email? I sent it a few weeks ago. I think I also pm'ed you as well. Let me know!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats
    James, did you get my email? I sent it a few weeks ago. I think I also pm'ed you as well. Let me know!
    Sent you a PM...

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    I remember watching this I think. Actually got a book N tape of Bravestarr at home. Should put a scan up.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    I remember watching this I think. Actually got a book N tape of Bravestarr at home. Should put a scan up.
    Cool let's see it please!!

Also is there any new info regarding the DVD sets. I want to know when are they coming out. Who knows something about it?

Sounds like I'll have to wait quite some time, but I will be waiting for sure.
    Well, it'll be a moderately sized Bravestarr treat, but if you enjoy my current work, I think you'll like what I do with the Marshall

Anyhow, can't wait for the DVDs

D/L

A big fan of Slush Head
    Well, it'll be a moderately sized Bravestarr treat, but if you enjoy my current work, I think you'll like what I do with the Marshall

Anyhow, can't wait for the DVDs

D/L
    I am sure it will rock big time buddy!! But I want to see it now. But we all know great things take time so no problem there.