View Poll Results: which is the best of the worst?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • skeletor

    43 31.39%
  • hordak

    90 65.69%
  • king hiss

    4 2.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Who is the most powerful evil magical warrior?

  1. #1
    80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,392

    Who is the most powerful evil magical warrior?

    well we got three skeley,hordak and hiss. which one do you think holds the most macgical powers. skeley has been around for a while as keldor and skeletor. but hiss once ruled eternia but hordak banished the snakemen. so who do you think is the best of the worst.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

    Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  2. #2
    Pretty Handsome Awkward motubot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,511
    Keldor/Skeletor.
    Isn't he a great magician or something?

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,331
    I say Hordak, but I don't think Skeletor or Hiss are too far behind in power. Outside of Snake Mountain, I think Skeletor and Hiss are evenly matched powerwise.

  4. #4
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,645
    i had to go Hordak as well. Skeletor's a great magician/sorcerer, but Hordak is beyond even him. For crying out loud, the guy nearly tore Eternia in half with his power. This doesn't mean he's necessarily better, but just taking sheer magical power into account, Hordak is just better. I think Skeletor is next in line, and then Hiss. I say Hiss is last because his powers seem to focus on certain things (phantom snakes, flying, etc) whereas Skelly has power kind of all around.

  5. #5
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,838
    I voted skelly, he's got the biggest potential.

    Hmmm...but Hordak didn't throw the spell of separation all by himself, his weird sorcerer dudes did it, and with the help of those mysterious artifacts they had crafted. And is it really one 100% that Hordak is a sorcerer in the 200x line?

    In the original it waried some, (i.e in the Star comic for some reason he did some magical things..) but in the Filmation cartoon and the UK/european comics he hated magic.

    The UK version explained it as because Skeletor betrayed Hordak using his magic and trapped him inside another dimension he woved to use his scientific skill to destroy him. (I believe that he was supposed to have used both technology & magic prior to that).


    I like that version best meself. Also the fact that Skelly & Hordak appeared to be pretty much equals too.

    Also, the only really utmost magical thing that Hordak did in the MYP-toon was blow up Calix, and the powerful winds that he used against King Grayskull. The destruction of Calix however might have been done with at fail-safe detonator of some kind, wich he might have triggered in a number of ways.

    And the wind-power was something that classic-Hordak had too, except he generated it scientifically. So, you see, there might be a chance of a science techno-magical (odd, isn't it? In the classic many things pointed to this about the nature of Hordak, yet he hated magic) cyborg-Hordak in 200X too. I know it's tattered and full of holes, but in my mind Hordak will always be like that.

  6. #6
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,029
    Hordak doesn't **** around wit magic. He does the Horde Science! haha
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    By the side of the Sorceress
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo
    Hordak doesn't **** around wit magic. He does the Horde Science! haha
    Marzo took the words right out of my mouth. Not to mention that Skeletor laid the Smackdown on Hordak more than once in the POP cartoon. Skelly all the way, baby!!!!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

  8. #8
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,266
    I definitely go with Skeletor.

    Also, Hordak still hates magic according to the bio on the back of the bust:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...95860%2F0.html

  9. #9
    80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,392
    Quote Originally Posted by pennypunk
    I definitely go with Skeletor.

    Also, Hordak still hates magic according to the bio on the back of the bust:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...95860%2F0.html
    maybe hordak hates magic because he's too powerful for his own spells. look at the spell of seperation he had to stop it and the spell to send grayskull to despondos backfired on him.. i'd hate magic too after that. but he did give skeletor his life back in the new cartoon. and in the classic skeletor was his padawon. i think that hordak just gave up in magic and now uses science mixed with magic.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

    Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  10. #10
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot
    I know it's tattered and full of holes, but in my mind Hordak will always be like that.
    Tattered and full of holes?


  11. #11
    Collector of Toys JeMaBo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,127
    Skeletor gets my vote
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life


    My Feedback:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by pennypunk
    I definitely go with Skeletor.

    Also, Hordak still hates magic according to the bio on the back of the bust:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...95860%2F0.html
    I really don't believe MYP Hordak was based in Snakemountain like magic hating Filmation Hordak was.

  13. #13
    Overlord of Evil! Megatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    950
    It's goes Hordak, Hiss then Skeletor.

    But I don't think Skeletor is that much weaker magic wise than Hiss.

  14. #14
    Overlord of Evil! Megatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by KING GRAYSKULL
    What no option for ORKO? His magic is pretty evil, me thinks.

    Poor Orko, he never gets any respect.

  15. #15
    Whip Master TheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    420
    Hordak supposed to be!
    watching me wanting me
    i can feel you pull me down
    fearing you loving you
    i won't let you pull me down
    Amy Lee

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior gorby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, OHIO
    Posts
    3,259
    Some would say Hordak is, because he was Keldor's/Skeletor's master. However, Skeletor, as the apprentice, has surpassed his master. Skeletor is the "Overlord of Evil!"
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

  17. #17
    Brilliant but Lazy... Skipperbecks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Fortress of Solitude
    Posts
    3,919
    Probably Hordak...
    Luck is one of my Skills

    [MOTU Albums] [DVD Collection] [Email Skipperbecks]


    I got 100 problems, 1 more than Jay-Z

  18. #18
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu
    Tattered and full of holes?
    Well, at times in the MYP cartoon he looked so darn magical, and I just thought my little tirade was going to be shot up to intsy bitsy pieces of cornflakes. Apparently not tho. YAAY! For a magic-hating Hordak! That side of his personality has the potential for some very interesting plot-lines in a world so ridden with magic as Eternia!

  19. #19
    ZODAK-ANU
    Guest
    The MYP continuity firmly establishes HORDAKS magic as being for more powerful......Even both SKELETOR and HISS were afraid of him....

    Didn't HORDAK separate the hemispheres of ETERNIA?

    C'mon ya'll, go with the facts, and not with who you want it to be.


  20. #20
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,645
    I think what the problem here is that some people don't even want to consider that Skeletor, the mainstay master villain of the MotU universe, might not be the most powerful villain magically. It's blasphemous. But I have to say that even if there is someone more powerful (in this new 2002 line, I think it's fairly obvious that they were making Hordak out to be an unrivaled monster when it came to sorcery), that doesn't mean they can't be tricked, sabotaged, blind-sided, or out-gamed by the likes of Skeletor.

    Yeah, I really think Hordak is more powerful, and I don't think fans should be turned off by that statement, because in the end Skeletor is devious enough to outplay both Hordak and Hiss given time. Skeletor is the true mastermind, and while he might not have the numbers that King Hiss does, or the sheer magical power that Hordak does, he has the skill of mind to overcome both of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot
    Well, at times in the MYP cartoon he looked so darn magical, and I just thought my little tirade was going to be shot up to intsy bitsy pieces of cornflakes. Apparently not tho. YAAY! For a magic-hating Hordak! That side of his personality has the potential for some very interesting plot-lines in a world so ridden with magic as Eternia!
    Hehe, no I see your point, but in the statement you made before, your sentence structure made it sound like you were saying Hordak himself was tattered and full of holes.

    Personally I like the idea of Hordak being such a powerful magic-user, and I think the MYP cartoon really set him up for that. I wondered though that if his downfall brought about by magic would have left such a bitter taste in his mouth that he would turn to technology which most of eternia would be unprepared for..maybe...not sure. Both versions of him could be really interesting, I would just want to see some reason for him to go all anti-magic in the new line.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; January 31, 2005 at 10:09am.

  21. #21
    I am Tri-Klops! Vahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,512
    I have a problem with this poll, because it asks two different questions to which only one answer can be given.

    In the title of the thread it is asked:

    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms
    who do you think is the best of the worst.
    But in the poll itself the question is:

    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms
    Who is the most powerful evil magical warrior?
    The answers to these questions are VERY different in my opinion. According to what we've seen from MYP and MVC, HORDAK seems to be more powerful than SKELETOR, since KELDOR had to beg for HORDAK's help when he was dying.

    But if you ask me who the best of the worst is, there can be only one: SKELETOR. He will always outshine the other villains in MOTU.

    My vote however, went to HORDAK, since it seems you're really after who is more powerful.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

  22. #22
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn
    The answers to these questions are VERY different in my opinion. According to what we've seen from MYP and MVC, HORDAK seems to be more powerful than SKELETOR, since KELDOR had to beg for HORDAK's help when he was dying.

    But if you ask me who the best of the worst is, there can be only one: SKELETOR. He will always outshine the other villains in MOTU.

    My vote however, went to HORDAK, since it seems you're really after who is more powerful.
    Ditto on all counts

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior orcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    TO, ON
    Posts
    431
    I'll say Skeletor is an even or close match for hordak. Most of you fans remembered Keldor was saved by Hordak ... from there it is easy to conclude Hordak is more powerful. But back then Keldor was almost eaten even by Beast-Man. But that was then ... Skeletor is so much more powerful now. Plus he learned the secrets of those strange crystals from Vol 1 and 2 to increase his magical strength. Hordak saved Keldor. Skeletor saved Mer-Man. Hordak did the great divide. Skeletor teleported right into Grey-Skull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Liked i said ... they r evenly matched or close.

    As for King Hsss ... he's pretty strong too ... he outmatched Skeletor and Schorcess (did i get the spelling right?)

  24. #24
    Demonlord of Evil Galmorzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, US
    Posts
    4,645
    Orcman, you bring up a good point. I forgot about one scene in particular from Council of Evil. Marzo blasted Skeletor with that massive blast from his pendant, and Skeletor was left floating, unscathed, and angry after it had obliterated the ground he was standing on. He's definitely more powerful than some give him credit (though wasn't it only Evil-lyn who learned the powers from that crystal in the comic?).

    I still think Hordak's more powerful, but Skeletor is certainly much more powerful than when he was Keldor.

    And I agree about Hiss. He's no rookie when it comes to magic either. I think a lot of fans want to brush him aside just because they hate the Snakemen now, but he bested Sorceress in a one-on-one, and that's no easy task.

    All three of them are dangerously powerful.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior orcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    TO, ON
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu
    Orcman, you bring up a good point. I forgot about one scene in particular from Council of Evil. Marzo blasted Skeletor with that massive blast from his pendant, and Skeletor was left floating, unscathed, and angry after it had obliterated the ground he was standing on. He's definitely more powerful than some give him credit (though wasn't it only Evil-lyn who learned the powers from that crystal in the comic?).

    I still think Hordak's more powerful, but Skeletor is certainly much more powerful than when he was Keldor.

    And I agree about Hiss. He's no rookie when it comes to magic either. I think a lot of fans want to brush him aside just because they hate the Snakemen now, but he bested Sorceress in a one-on-one, and that's no easy task.

    All three of them are dangerously powerful.

    you added another strong point in favour of skeletor. was it the ram stone? anyway skeletor was immune to its power ... and that's the same stone that make Marzo what he's. skeletor rocks!!!

    IMO they r more or less equal. this poll would have been difficult if evil-lyn n marzo was added.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •