Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted for Wave 5

Wanted for Wave 5

I'm thinking the Horde Trooper, Mossman, and Squeeze. What does everyone else think?
    Visit www.myspace.com/diemath to check out my artwork and music.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Spikor
    Sssqueeze
    Moss Man

OR

Count Marzo
    Sssqueeze
    Stonedar

Heroic Warrior
    Doubt they'll do Moss Man since he has a figure.

- JITSU!!!

- Mossman! Done 4H proper.

- He-Man! Bring on the re-do stactionized!!!

That's what I'd love to see in wave 5.

@ Class316, bah, he wasn't a proper Mossman fig. The FourHorsemen have taken care to do this line as best as they can, with individual designs for each character. Evil Lyn isn't a Teela body with a new head. Stinkor isn't a Merman with Mekanek's armor, etc.
    So I would expect that the FourHorsemen Mossman and FourHorsemen Faker would be unique and new in their tooling all around. But again, that's just my opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Baena; June 26, 2006 at 07:58am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I forgot about Jitsu, Having him in wave 5 would also be very welcome.

i would like to see (even though it will never be done) is he-man, skeletor and so on. since i refuse to buy any of the 200x mattel crap.

also i would like to see smaller weapons. the weapons are way to big. i display mine without the big weapons.

but whatever is in wave 5, i cant wait for them to come out.

austin

master of hiphop
    Squeezeeee
    Horde Tropper.. (Would love to see what they do with this one)
    Scarglow Skeletor

YES!!! thats what i want!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

The Shogun of Harlem masterofetheria's Avatar
    Dumb question. who is in wave 4? I am assuming Leech and Webstor based on your guesses.

1) Squeeze
    2) Count Marzo
    3) Mossman
    Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff!
    Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff!
    Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!
    Well who am I? Sho'nuff!
    Who am I? Sho'nuff!
    I can't hear you...Sho'nuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Class316
    Doubt they'll do Moss Man since he has a figure.
    The Moss Man that's already out was an exclusive and just a flocked Beast Man. The 4H have a completely new sculpt for Moss Man...one all his own. I have no doubt that we will see him at some point.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Moss Man
    Count Marzo
    Evil Horde Member.

But really, they need to just make a Count Marzo already. The man is flippin awesome.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    My vote for the next FOUR waves is...:

1) Gwildor (Heroic Warrior)
    2) Blade (Evil Warrior)
    3) Saurod (Snake Man--Why Not?)

1) Extendar (Heroic Warrior)
    2) Scare Glow (Evil Warrior)
    3) Mosquitor (Horde)

1) Laser Power He-Man (Heroic Warrior)
    2) Laser Light Skeletor (Evil Warrior)
    3) Hurricane Hordak (Horde)

1) Sssqueeze (Snake Man)
    2) Jitsu (Evil Warrior)
    3) Horde Trooper (Horde)
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I believe Jitsu is the oldest classic figure yet to be reintroduced, so he's long overdue. My hope for Wave 5 is:

- Jistu
    - Mossman
    - SSSqueeze

Wakko

The next wave is really a toss up I think. Wave 4 I think most people were sure who two of the three were (very few of us really expected that a perfect, all-villain wave would happen), but there are many characters who could be in the next wave.

My guesses are:

Rio-Blast: The 4HM have said to expect him sooner than many would think, plus they really seem to dig the idea of making him cool. I originally didn't care much for this guy, but now I'm hoping for him. I expect Moss Man possibly being some kind of Org exclusive or something along those lines. With a redone King Hiss following the same way later on.

Sssqueeze: The major Hordesmen have all been done, and with only a single Snakeman left I would think he'll be done next so future waves can all be 1 hero, 1 villain, and 1 Horseman.

Scareglow or Jitsu: This is a total toss up. It could also be Spikor, but scareglow is the only one left who appeared in the MYP/MVP era, and even though the 4HM are going to tweak his design, it would be great to get the last character to have shown up to be released. On the other hand, Jitsu is a major classic character who has yet to be released, and I'm pretty sure his updated design exists already somewhere. Spikor would be just as awesome, though, so this final spot can go any way.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I hope:

Jitsu
    Spikor
    Rio Blast

U think Marlena could make it into wave 5??
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

My money's on Jitsu, Dragstor, Stondar.
    Wave 6 will be Mosquitor, Spikor, Rio Blast.
    Wave 7 I'm betting Saurod, Ssqueeze, Rokkon.
    Wave 8 I'd say Modulok, Ninjor, Extendar.
    Wave 9 I'll say Gwildor, Scare Glow, Horde Trooper.
    Wave 10 Multibot, Blast Attack, Blade.

If I get even one of those right I'll be impressed

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

Wave 5

I really do think that a hero will be in the next wave, i would prefer rokkon or stonedar (how cool would they be) but i think that after such an awesome wave 4 they will release rio blast. One of skeletors henchmen will be next and who better than spikor (he will be the standout of the wave) and last will be squeeze. The snakemen will be finished off in wave 7 with blast attack and the horde trooper will make his long awaited release in wave 6. I love these stactions, the only good to come out of the toy line dying is these awesome stactions. Great work 4hm.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I think a good strong wave would be:

Rio-Blast: Would be the best choice with whats left. Normal looking sculpt with clip on weapons so you can have him be a one man army.

SSSqueeze: Lets finish the Snake Men. Same as Rio normal sculpt with changeable arms.

Jitsu: Can we finally get a ****** Jitsu allready. I love Spikor and Scare-Glow but just give us a freaking Jitsu. It is his time.

And to finish the 4 Horseman have made thier point about getting the original guys that had a figure done first. So when I see people asking for Count Marzo or Faceless One or Marlena I don't get it. I would like to see them as well but I want Oldschool before New Blood. They can wait thier turn.

For me, Moss man is a non negotiable. Rio Blast, Rokkon & Stonedar would be cool, but NOT BEFORE MOSS MAN !!!. If the line ends before we get a Moss Man I wil be so ****** off. And I have no interest in Extendar. I know he is coming soon because the 4HM have mentioned him a number of times, but I believe some charatcers can stay in the 80s - we don't have to revive EVERY character. Some people have mentioned that they don't want a Moss Man because "we already have a Moss Man", but I have complete faith that they will see the light once they see the new sculpt.

I would also love a Scare Glow or Spikor.

As for the third character, I'm not too fussed (as there as so many cool choices); Horde trooper, Squeeeze or a cartoon character (like Marzo) would be great.
    Last edited by He-Boy; June 24, 2006 at 09:10am.

I hope for: Extendar, Mosquitor, Squeeze
    But I think we get: Rio Blast, Spikor, Squeeze

Well, we really have posted threads with this very same topic about a hundred times now, but I'm always happy to say it all again (incase certain horsemen are listening...)

1. Squeeze

2. Scareglow

3. Ummm... Extendar or Spikor. (prob. Extendar, so we can have a nice spread of factions)

Why all the love for Extendar? Am I missing something? To me, he seems the lamest heroic character yet to be re-made. What is his story, what makes him so cool?

Peronally I think that period of classic MoTU was simply a bunch of gimmicks that didn't work - Clamp Champ, Extendar, Ninjor... There were some cool flukes (Scare Glow), but the development of these characters began and ended with the gimmick. Look at Ninjor - not only does a ninja have no place in Eternia, if you are going to attempt it, at least give it a MoTU flavour... Ninjor was a plain, boring, stereotypical Ninja....

I think the 4HM have the ability to make any charater look good, but it doesn't necessailry make them any more interesting. Snout Spout worked - his new look made him look interesting. But Clamp Champ didn't work for me. His look was improved, but he didn't seem any more interesting that the 80's version. Does anyone know what I mean....?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    Look at Ninjor - not only does a ninja have no place in Eternia, if you are going to attempt it, at least give it a MoTU flavour... Ninjor was a plain, boring, stereotypical Ninja....
    Amen. Glad to see that crossed somebody else's mind too..

Clamp Champ didn't work for me. His look was improved, but he didn't seem any more interesting that the 80's version. Does anyone know what I mean....?
    True. I think he is a boring character and the remake just looked like... some guy. With armour. However it's arguable that he's forever needed in the line because he broke up what was a suspiciously "Aryan" franchise that had continued its white flava for many years. I welcome diversity in the characters - however there's not much denying there are other, more interesting characters to be had.

Why all the love for Extendar? Am I missing something? To me, he seems the lamest heroic character yet to be re-made. What is his story, what makes him so cool?
    Hmmm.. it depends on each person. For me, I just have fond memories of playing with him as a child. I think I probably appreciated that he was one of the few characters in the line that didn't use the generic body (torso) mold found on 90% of the male figures. I also found it fun to, well, extend him. Add to that the fact you couldn't readily see his face and you had an element of "coolness". The shiny silver paint job was nice to look at too, when I was young.

So yeah - I just have great memories of him. And probably the reason that so many of us are looking forward to him is that the 4H work wonders with almost any of the characters! Look at Snout Spout. His classic figure sucked. HARD. But now he's one of the best in the entire franchise!

I could go for nearly anyone, I would however like to see a MYP character soon, so that we don't get a lot of them at once, I think it will help to sell the waves better if there are 2 classics to every one MYP guy.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior