Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guys and She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Satonic
    Well if your about 12-13 years old at the time......

She-Ra

Need I say more......

And the stories WERE OK but not as good as He-Man but it was acceptable....
    I think that says it all

I remember when I was little, my grandparents going on holiday and they always used to bring me back a present. The particular present I was presented with was what I thought was a miniature Barbie in a purple box with Princess Of Power written on it. I went to my mum and said look mum they've bought me a barbie! Then about a year later after I'd cut it's hair and lost all it's accessories, the cartoon came on the TV and being a big MOTU fan and realising the figure I'd destroyed was actually She-Ra and not a mini Barbie, I was well p*ssed off

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I always preferred the She-Ra series to He-man.
    It was a continuation of the He-man series, without it we would have seen a lot less of He-Man, Skeletor and co.,
    It gave us some great backstory on some MOTU characters such as Skeletor's time with the Horde,
    We got to see more of one of my favourite MOTU characters, Modulok,
    She-Ra had better continuity and some killer crossovers with Hordak and Skeletor battling it out as well as politics and intrigue when Skeletor would form alliances with hordak's minions against him,
    the bad guys were amazing and well worth watching the show for,
    there was more scope for emotional storylines that I'm not ashamed to say touched me in ways that a MOTU episode never could (You wouldn't get He-Man crying for Skeletor like She-Ra does for Hordak for instance, that episode still gets me every time ),

There's just never been a cartoon series that has mattered to me in the same way that She-Ra does. the only ones that have even come close are Gargoyles and Swat Kats..
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

GR81 says:

I like seeing She-ra with those boots
    Also, seeing some bad girls always gets me exited
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian
    I always preferred the She-Ra series to He-man.
    It was a continuation of the He-man series, without it we would have seen a lot less of He-Man, Skeletor and co.,
    It gave us some great backstory on some MOTU characters such as Skeletor's time with the Horde,
    We got to see more of one of my favourite MOTU characters, Modulok,
    She-Ra had better continuity and some killer crossovers with Hordak and Skeletor battling it out as well as politics and intrigue when Skeletor would form alliances with hordak's minions against him,
    the bad guys were amazing and well worth watching the show for,
    there was more scope for emotional storylines that I'm not ashamed to say touched me in ways that a MOTU episode never could (You wouldn't get He-Man crying for Skeletor like She-Ra does for Hordak for instance, that episode still gets me every time ),

There's just never been a cartoon series that has mattered to me in the same way that She-Ra does. the only ones that have even come close are Gargoyles and Swat Kats..

That ep that She-ra cries for Hordak was quite good. It really shows the caring side that SHe-ra felt sorry for Hordak for wasting his life, at the same time, it really tests the loyalty of Catra (who wanted him out of the way).

Of course another good moment was when Skeletor was still doing his pre-victory laugh becasue no one would cry for Hordak.

As for crossovers, there were many good ones. The best was Price of Freedom.
    Last edited by thor; June 26, 2006 at 03:59am.

I agree. The toon was absolutly fantastic. She-ra had some of the best story lines I've ever seen in cartoons. Plus the concept of Evil being more dominant on Etheria really intrigued me.I still like He-man more, but She-ra was almost equally on parr with the new cartoon.The only reason the series ended, what i think, was the toys. A fate similar to the 200x MOTU toon, only that ad a very short life span. But She-Ra definitly had better storylines, Animation & a whole array of throughout the seasons( and i dont only mean The Horde).

Secret of the Sword, My Friend , My enemy, The Crystal Castle & Price of Freedom were one of the best written cartoon eps i've seen so far, compared to any toon.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!