View Poll Results: What would you have prefered?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would've loved to see "The Powers of Grayskull"

45 68.18%
  • I would've loved to see "He-Ro, Son of He-Man"

7 10.61%
  • Would've wanted a Powers of Grayskull toyline but no cartoon

5 7.58%
  • Would've wanted a Son of He-Man toyline but no cartoon

0 0%
  • Would've wanted a Powers of Grayskull cartoon but no toyline

2 3.03%
  • Would've wanted a Son of He-Man cartoon but no toyline

0 0%
  • Are you kidding? I even would vote for "Looko, Son of Orko and Loo-Kee"!

7 10.61%

Thread: "Powers of Grayskull" or "He-Ro Son of He-Man"?

"Powers of Grayskull" or "He-Ro Son of He-Man"?

I just wonder what fans generally would've prefered to come to life and why.

Personally, I would've prefered to see a complete PoG toyline with supporting cartoon. It always sounded to me as if it would've been close enough to what made MotU great, but with small twists to distinguish it enough. It also seemed that the concept was able (or even planned) to leave plenty room for He-Man, Skeletor and other MotU characters to appear and fit into the whole world of Preternia.
    "Son of He-Man" however is a concept that never appealed to me.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Powers of Grayskull definetly, it seemed like a natural progression with the intro of He-Ro and the focus on the Snakemen, plus all the original characters.

I never really warmed to the idea of He-Ro son of He-Man, it seemed a bit cheesy and some of the characters mentioned in the bible seem to have a radical makeover which goes beyond the original, i.e MEF.

I think POG would have flowed better.

POWERS OF GRAYSKULL got my vote. I honestly would've liked to see HE-RO: SON OF HE MAN too, but I'm not totally impressed by the designs that were proposed. That said, some of the designs for the HE-RO series were actually better than the originals (MER-MAN, EVIL LYN, MAN-E-FACES), and the concept was pretty solid. Too bad we'll never know what either could've been.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Chris here...

100% vote for Powers of Grayskull - I think if that had been properly explored it would have added real, powerful, depth to the MOTU mythos. It's the sort of thing I really love, the prequel backstory, and I think it would have given us a lot of insight into why certain things in the MOTU mythos were the way they were.

Plus, if Filmation had done the toon at the same sort of time as they were doing BraveStarr, the quality of that would have been outstanding!

As for He-Ro: Son of He-Man, the jury's out on that one for me - I can take or leave the concept, how much I would or wouldn't have liked it would really have depended on the execution. Again, it's the sort of thing I enjoy (seeing a whole new chapter to the saga), but the thing I wouldn't have liked is the fact that it would have erased the New Adventures from MOTU continuity.

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

POG all the way, and not just because I'm a Point Dread Fanboy. The idea is closer to the main idea of the MOTU Universe. Good, solid Sword and Sorcery, with new villains (more or less) and cast of characters. I didnt' much like the Tarzan idea behind SOHM. Dare was a silly name. And I didn't like the character designs so much. MEF was ghastly... Duncan's neice was too much of a generic, add on Teela wannabe... And I didnt' care for the King Adam design either. I always saw him with a beard, but instead he had that big, poofy long hair and stuff... meh....

Make Mine Grayskull!!
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan
    Chris here...

100% vote for Powers of Grayskull - I think if that had been properly explored it would have added real, powerful, depth to the MOTU mythos. It's the sort of thing I really love, the prequel backstory, and I think it would have given us a lot of insight into why certain things in the MOTU mythos were the way they were.

Plus, if Filmation had done the toon at the same sort of time as they were doing BraveStarr, the quality of that would have been outstanding!

As for He-Ro: Son of He-Man, the jury's out on that one for me - I can take or leave the concept, how much I would or wouldn't have liked it would really have depended on the execution. Again, it's the sort of thing I enjoy (seeing a whole new chapter to the saga), but the thing I wouldn't have liked is the fact that it would have erased the New Adventures from MOTU continuity.

Take care...
    Who's to say that at some point after the mutants have admitted defeat He-Man and Skeletor didn't return to Eternia?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I would have loved to see a Powers of Grayskull cartoon, and it would have made a nice companion to the New Adventures, one in the future, and one in the past. Then again if we had got POG, we might not have got NA...so maybe I wouldnt have liked to see it.

As far as He-Ro goes, it just seemed like after the initial idea of He-Man having a son, it would have just been the classic series all over again. Though I did like some of the character designs, and as He-Fan mentioned, it looked as though they were trying to erase NA from continuity, but then as Toymaker says, He-Man and Skeletor might have returned since then. I just know Lou Schiemer didnt like the New Adventures, so probably wouldnt have made much of an effort to aknowledge it.

KingB
    If they did He-Ro, if I recall correctly, it'd go against a comic that had him the ancient hero of Eternia.
    I voted for Powers of Greyskull. I would've also liked to have seen something after NA that sends them back into Eternia, but the future where Hordak rules.

I think, even though the basic concept isn't terribly appealing, that "Son of He-Man" might have been a decent show.

That being said, I think I would've really enjoyed a PoG line and really wish we'd gotten it. Toons, toys, and all.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I'm all for the POG toy line and cartoon/comic. But to tell you the truth i'd but a cringer comic if they made it. I'm a MOTU junkie man, I need my fix!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Do I even have to say it?

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DestrongerLupus
    Do I even have to say it?

D/L
    I think you probably do, because all these threads relating to Powers of Preternia keep popping up, giving you/us ample oppurtunity to plug the podcast...I wonder why there is so much interest in He-ro all of the sudden?

Frankly, I didn't intend to relate this to that podcast, I was just curious how this poll would end cause I've always been a huge PoG fan and have a strong dislike for SoH.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I love both concepts, but Powers of Grayskull is my favorite of the two. After reading the Powers of Grayskull mini-comic as a kid I kept wanting to know more about the days of King Hiss. Plus, I've always enjoyed dinosaurs.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly
    Frankly, I didn't intend to relate this to that podcast, I was just curious how this poll would end cause I've always been a huge PoG fan and have a strong dislike for SoH.
    Did not mean to insinuate that was your intention with this poll
    BUT if you're such a big fan of POG, you definitely should check out the podcast, Destrongerlupus managed to write Eldor as a pretty bad ass character, not to mention He-Ro and many others from the orginal concept

POG for sure.. i love this de-funct mystery so much. cartoon would have be great to see and if mattel would of just released he-ro at least.

i love that proto

he-ro son of he-man?..i dunno
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

i must be out of the loop...i have never seen the Son of He-Man designs, so i don't feel i can make a fair decision...can anybody point me in the right direction to check them out...???

Heroic Warrior
    If He-man was going to have a son I'd rather it be truly his and not adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew
    i must be out of the loop...i have never seen the Son of He-Man designs, so i don't feel i can make a fair decision...can anybody point me in the right direction to check them out...???
    Check them out here:

http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...iesbible.shtml
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Powers of Grayskull. The Son of He-man seems like an interesting plot, but the whole history of Eternia and all beats it out by a mile.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Power of grayskull!

POG for sure.
    But I like the plot of He-Ro, Son of He-Man.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...