Thread: Season Two Around the World! :)

Season Two Around the World! :)

Hi all,

Quick question - who got Season Two (apart from the US), in any form (broadcast, home video...)

Cheers!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Well Season 2 did play in Australia, what I don't remember is if all of Season 2 played.

Any non-English speaking countries get any?

I'm looking for episode titles mainly - I know China, Finland and Germany showed season two at some point. Anyone?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Well im pretty sure it wasnt broadcast in the UK, but i remember getting a video from the Kwik-Save 99p bin when i was very young, which had the season 2 episode "out of the cocoon" and another episode, the name of which escapes me.

Hi,

Honestly I don´t remember much of the time when She-Ra was airing on Mexico, actually I don´t recall any episode that I watched back then(maybe "The Stone in the Sword")... but I´m pretty sure that I watched the series on TV.

Now as for your question of Season 2, the only thing that I can tell you right now, is this, if BCI have the Spanish dub for all the She-Ra episodes, then is very likely that the entire series was aired in Mexico back then, that´s what I can assume right now, but I would need to watch the episodes to see if some memory pops in

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Here in Finland they did not air the show, but it could be seen on one of the satellite channels (Super Channel, IIRC).

But they did publish 6 videotapes.

Those had the following titles:

Shera 1: Kukkien päivä (Day of the Flowers) and Kenraalin paluu (Return of the General)
    Shera 2: Flutterina (Out of the Cocoon) and Oppitunti (A Lesson in Love)
    She-Ra 3: Jotakin vanhaa, jotakin uutta (Something Old, Something New) and Loo Keen Sweety (Loo-Kee's Sweety)
    She-Ra 4: Helmi (The Pearl) and Aikakone (The Time Transformer)
    She-Ra 5: Kaiken yläpuolella (Above It All) plus Day of the Flowers again.
    He-Man Voittamaton (which directly translates to He-Man the Unbeatable), originally Christmas Special
    Last edited by pH6; January 27, 2013 at 10:04am. Reason: typo
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    Here in Finland they did not air the show, but it could be seen on one of the satellite channels (Super Channel, IIRC).
    SKY -channel was one as I recall.

Thanks guys, interesting to learn that all are direct translations except for Out Of The Cocoon...

Anyone with any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Thanks guys, interesting to learn that all are direct translations except for Out Of The Cocoon...

Anyone with any more?
    I'd like to to think Canada got some. Being as I am in the province right accross from Detroit.. got to watch WXON-20 (now the wb20 i believe) I remember my power hours quite fondly I am not sure if there were many season 2s aired though. I know I never got to see any of Season 3 of Jem on 20.. and they aired that too..

I'm going to say maybe the first 5 episodes then they played the series over again :S as that's what they always did to me

Wicket

Only the first 20 eps of Season two aired here in India on the Kermit channel after it was abruptly closed down, because a German company bought it.

He-man enjoyed a full run, with 3 repeats.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Only the first 20 eps of Season two aired here in India on the Kermit channel after it was abruptly closed down, because a German company bought it.

He-man enjoyed a full run, with 3 repeats.
    Were they aired with their Engliosh track 2-Bad? Like I said, I'm after non-English episode titles, so let me know if there are any you know of!

I'm sorry, but those were all aired in English.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Court Magician
    Here in the UK we got two volumes (that I know of) released by Playtime which had three episodes on them each. The first volume had 'One to Count On', 'Return of the General', and Out of the Cocoon.' The second had 'A Lesson In Love,' 'Something Old, Something New', and 'Loo-Kee's Sweety.'

Apart from the season one releases (of which there were many, 6 I own, not sure if there are any more) that is all of season two that I saw as a child in the UK.
    Thanks for Listening. Muchas Gracias. Au revoir.

Cyke X

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Season 2 played in the Phillippines! I remember watching those episodes on TV in my language and then in english after a couple of months. I remember watching them in the afternoon on channel 2 after school.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Old thread is old...but if I just edited my post up there, who would even see it? After all this time, I finally managed to win, well even SEEING, an auction of the fifth Finnish She-Ra tape.

The other episode is 'Kaiken yläpuolella', originally Above It All.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Season 2 was aired in Brazil in the 80's.

Unfortunately, we missed this season in DVD release