Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Discussion (the blue skinned woman from the comic)

Illumina Discussion (the blue skinned woman from the comic)

Hey, Val and all...

I was just wondering if the Cat Lady who appeared only in an ad for the MOTU comic, would be able to made into an exclusive figure. What do you think?

From the art, she seems to share many aspects with the Teela and Evil-Lyn figures, so a re-tooled exclusive seems possible, from my vantage point.

But I guess the real question is a rights question. Does MVCreations own the rights to her, or since she appeared in the Masters publication does Mattel now have her locked up? And if the character does belong to Val and Emiliano, would the agreement between the 4H, Neca, and Mattel ever allow an exclusive figure designed to fit in with MOTU (but not specifically theirs) to be made?

I'm very curious to hear the answer. And of course, if made, I would definitely get one if she saw the light of day.

Well, she never appeared in the cartoon or comic, and only in the ad. So I'm going to say no. She pretty much only exists as a phantom idea in the minds of a small percentage of the He-Man fans anyway, so if she was made she would have a slightly larger following than if they made a popular fan character available, such as Glade. Which is to say Glade would have moderate success as an exclusive since he's fairly well known on the org, but Cat Lady only slightly moreso.
    http://www.FW4D.com

Fun With 4 Dimensions

A random humor strip updating every M,W,F

She'd be an excellent .org exclusive staction to be sure!
    I'd love to see it happen!

A step better, would be to include her cat!

I'd have to say, that I"m 99% sure that that is impossible.

The 4H license allows them to remake characters from the classic line, and to make stactions of characters from the MYP cartoon.

Seems like this definitely falls far outside that scope.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

It would be cool. No doubt about that!

At least some more info on her would be nice.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    I'd have to say, that I"m 99% sure that that is impossible.

The 4H license allows them to remake characters from the classic line, and to make stactions of characters from the MYP cartoon.

Seems like this definitely falls far outside that scope.
    I think only Val could clarify this, but I'm guessing Mattel doesn't own the Cat Lady character at all. MVCreations does. So if Val worked something out with the FourHorsemen, I'd bet it's possible.

But again, that's just a guess on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    I think only Val could clarify this, but I'm guessing Mattel doesn't own the Cat Lady character at all. MVCreations does. So if Val worked something out with the FourHorsemen, I'd bet it's possible.

But again, that's just a guess on my part.
    I think the problem would be that it isn't officially part of MotU as Mattel owns it. Mattel aproves everything the 4H do for MotU, and I don't think they'll aprove the manufacture of a character that isn't theirs.

But that's just my guess, too.

The 4H might be able to make a staction of her under some other deal, but it wouldn't be able to be sold as a MotU product, I believe...but even that is pretty sketchy, since the character has been connected with MotU in the past.

In the MYP toon, there were some cat people...were any of the ones shown female?

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I'm sure that the Cat Lady could be an awesome character, but I don't get how people could be so into a character that we no nothing about. Is it because we all want something we are not allowed to have?

Once we got through all of the unmade characters, and then the "never before seen as a toy" cartoon characters, then all of the "already released as a toy in the 200X cartoon" characters, then I would be interested in the new-unreleased fictional characters.

As far as rights go, the .org probably could release the cat lady, but with no MoTU branding. And without the branding to make it "official" I'm not sure how popular it would be?? Even if it was possible, the 4HM would probably not do it anayway, due to the concernt hat they would **** off Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    I'm sure that the Cat Lady could be an awesome character, but I don't get how people could be so into a character that we no nothing about. Is it because we all want something we are not allowed to have?
    It is probably more on the lines of Boba Fett syndrome. She is mysterious and she looks cool. Just my two cents...

I'm going to lean towards the side of "No."

Heroic Warrior
    Even if she did, few people outside this board would get it. So the reality is it would be stupid for them to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy

Once we got through all of the unmade characters, and then the "never before seen as a toy" cartoon characters, then all of the "already released as a toy in the 200X cartoon" characters, then I would be interested in the new-unreleased fictional characters.
    Supply and demand.

To your first comment, there is interest in her much the same in that there was great interest in this Boba Fett Character, or Aurra Sing from Episode 1, or Faker, or The Green Goddess... Etc. Like Beast Guy said.
    We are facinated if someone visually looks important or spectacular, but we know very little if none at all about the creature. It's just human nature I'm affraid.

As to your second comment on getting her over other "deserving" characters, this is an old debate. It's the FourHorsemen's show now with the Stactions, they'll do what they wish, and I'm perfectly cool with that as I know they have a great passion for most things MotU, and will give proper light to the "deserving" characters of thier choice.

I agree with you Lioncourt, that IF she ever were to be produced, then yeah, she'd have to come about in some non-He-Man brand. But we would all know who she is.

I'd love to have her as an Org exclusive.
    But I think the 4H have bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by choanata
    so if she was made she would have a slightly larger following than if they made a popular fan character available, such as Glade.
    True, she would only appeal to hardcore fans.
    But nearly as much as a fan created character? Can't say I agree. I don't even know who Glade is.

Well, let's petition the 4H then!

Cool! So, Val, if the 4H were interested, it would be a possibility? That'd be super cool! So, I'm assuming you say this b/c she's still the property of MV Creations, eh?

I personally would be very excited to see this happen! I say we let the 4H know we'd dig this and buy it, even in limited quantities as a .org exclusive retool!

And on a side note, I think her short "appearance" in the MOTU comic makes her more interesting and visible than someone like Glade too.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    I'd love to have her as an Org exclusive.
    But I think the 4H have bigger fish to fry.

Well, if this Glade character is popular with fans, there's no reason that couldn't be received well.
    Only problem is it has no official place in the canon, so Mattel may not shine on it. Mattel would need to own the character, like they do with the cat lady.
    Nothing is impossible, though.

The cat lady was going to be in the comic, but that's about the time Mattel put the nix on any new characters.
    We got away with having background characters that had no names mentioned.
    But she was going to be a major character, so we couldn't give her a background appearance. That's why she only appeared as an ad, but didn't end up being the cover of the actual issue.

I thought this thread about about Kittrina.

Now I think SHE would make a perrr-fect exclusive!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

I don't remember her in the new cartoon.

I think she was in that Cat people episode Waaaay in the back.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

She can be the .org Mascot

That way Mattel would have no say.

No, eh I tried. But seriously I dunno how many people would actually want her. I mean she's cool but I dunno if I would want one. Personally, I'd want Green Goddess first!!!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I thought this thread about about Kittrina.

Now I think SHE would make a perrr-fect exclusive!

I agree......we need more of her!!!

***Please read and follow the forum rules about back-to-back posting***

This thread is hilarious!

I love how some people mention Glade and Val has no idea who he is!

Val, Glade is to Moss Man what He-Ro is to He-Man in a nut shell. Created by J-Sun he was made into a really cool custom figure. Then he was made into a Bust designed by Baena and Royal1Tus.
    And recently made into a fan comic by 2-Bad and J-Sun. So he's very much a child of He-Man.org fan power. It would be cool. For some reason I imagine J-Sun wouldn't mind giving the rights to Mattel in order for the Four Horsemen to work their magic. The idea is ...Amazing.

It's pretty Awesome to hear Val say the Cat Lady is a possibility. That's good to know. No matter what the odds.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Anything's possible with the Power of Grayskull
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia
    I'd want Green Goddess first!!!
    Yeeeee Haw!

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    Yeeeee Haw!

Cool.
    was there ever any doubt
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.