Thread: Tattoo removal creams - do they work? :)

Tattoo removal creams - do they work? :)

Hi all,

Just a quick query - out of morbid curiosity I've been doing some research into methods of tattoo removal, and note that more and more organisations are now recommending these new creams/lotions that claim to be able to break down tattoos painlessly and with no risk of scarring. Specifically, I've heard talk of three products:

Tattoo Off (for sensitive skin - haven't seen a website for them)

Tat B Gone

Dermasal

My question is, does anybody know if these things actually work? If they do, these have got to be something of a miracle - I know or have known several people who've had tattoos and ended up regretting them, and they all either complain of being stuck with them or have ended up getting them removed using a method that has left severe scarring. It's also no secret that I'm not a great lover of tattoos myself, although that's with no offence meant to anyone here who has them.

I'm just curious to know whether medical science has come up with an answer or whether these are not much use - has anybody here ever used them, or does anyone know someone who's used them? Please could you LMK? Many thanks!

Take care, and thanks for listening!
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Silent Master Jerico the warrior's Avatar
    The latest one on the market is called "Wrecking Balm". It's a cream. But I bet it doesn't work either. In fact, I would bet your farm it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Jerico the warrior; June 15, 2006 at 10:20am.
    If I advance, follow me.
    If I stop, urge me forward.
    If I retreat, kill me.

speaking from atop a pile of fatally wounded warriors

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerico the warrior
    The latest one on the market is called "Wrecking Balm". It's a cream. But I bet it doesn't work either. In fact, I would bet your farm it doesn't work.
    Thanks for the response! Can't find much about Wrecking Balm on Google, but it sounds like a bit of a worrying name! I'm taking it that you're skeptical as to whether these things actually work? Thankfully I don't have a farm for you to gamble!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

I have several tattoos and I think I would rather burn them off than use any sort of 'cream' on them.

Tattoos are not something to be taken lightly at all, I know I take mine very seriously and one of those reasons is that it's a life altering event, seriously. Even the known removal processes are not a guarantee against scarring of some sort.

Incidentally, ways that I can think of to attempt to remove/damage a tattoo are:

Expensive laser treatment.
    Longtime exposure to the sun (will just make it fade really.)
    Constant rubbing of salt into the area (old school method.)
    Burning it off.
    Skinning.

All are unpleasant and while I do not claim to be an authority I am sure I would have heard more about this painless cream by now. But I would love to be proven wrong.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I would think that your best bet would be to get a tattoo of your natural skin color over your tattoo. Wouldn't that work for smaller ones?..Looking at mine...there is no way I'd even think about trying to remove it I think mine would laugh at any creme short of hydrochloric acid you'd put on it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    That is why I am reluctant to get one. What if I decided later that I didn't like it? Expensive removal surgery, weird creams that may or may not work... doesn't sound worth it to me.

Heroic Warrior
    i waited a long time to get mine, i had the design for years and carried it in my wallet, when i felt i was ready i already knew i was attached to the pic so no regrets. Just dont rush into it and u sould be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man
    That is why I am reluctant to get one. What if I decided later that I didn't like it? Expensive removal surgery, weird creams that may or may not work... doesn't sound worth it to me.

if you don't like it later on just think of it as representing a period of your life. kind of like a battle scar.