Thread: Gary Goddard, director of the MOTU movie, accused of molesting Anthony Edwards

Heroic Warrior
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look

Gary Goddard, director of the MOTU movie, accused of molesting Anthony Edwards

In an essay published today by Medium ("Yes Mom, There is Something Wrong"), actor Anthony Edwards accused Gary Goddard of molesting him when he was 12 years old. He further alleges his friend was raped by Goddard.

Anthony Edwards is best known for his role as Mark Greene on the TV show "ER" and for his role as Goose in the movie "Top Gun".

Goddard was the director of Cannon's 1987 Masters of the Universe movie. The Org's 2014 thread on accusations of rape against Goddard can be found here: Gary Goddard, 1987 MotU film director, accused of rape?
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

It's not surprising given all the headlines lately.

It really looks like Hollywood is self destructing.

This is very sad and truly disappointing to read. As we read the news that have flooded the media, some of our favorite entertainment properties have been tainted and would never feel quite the same.

I don't really see a motive for a well known actor like Edwards to make up something like this. I think this is going to stick unlike the last accusation against Goddard years ago.

Was he interviewed for the Power of Grayskull documentary? I'm wondering if they will re-cut it.

At this point I'm practically laughing at the entertainment industry collapsing. While I think it would be bad overall and take many innocent people down, costing lots of jobs... it's been corrupt for decades on numerous levels, not just these molestation accusations.

They claim piracy hurts them and their own studies show it, while independent studies show it barely makes a dent. Piracy has become a catch-all excuse when a film or other property fails to sell well, rather than admitting the property was not viable. In that regard I'm sick of their dishonesty and greed. The civil courts are tied up on useless lawsuits over downloading, backing up the legal system. These people want to make piracy a criminal act, because we really need our prisons packed with more inmates over that. Before you scream "but it's theft" we're talking 10 year proposed sentences over a song or a single film. Shoplifting the physical form doesn't carry that. Murderers sometimes get much less.

The MPAA has no right to the power they have. They rate movies, nothing more, they don't need a stranglehold on society. Gteting back to the piracy issue, Hollywood is allowed to say whatever they want with no proof, which is especially true on film profits. In most countries that is illegal, in the US it's normal. Know why we never got a sequel to Forrest Gump? The film studio carefully edited the numbers on paper to say the film MOST money and refused to pay the author royalties. He denied them the rights to the sequel novel. Same deal with Patch Adams- Dr. Hunter Adams was promised all the film's proceeds to build his hospital. Not only was the movie mostly falsehoods and inaccuracies about the real man, he never got a penny. So forgive me if I don't feel piracy is the worst crime here. Considering what ACTA/SOPA/TPP would have done to people, I can't even trust the entertainment industry. Even a negative product review would have become illegal- and with what Jimquisition went through it almost became a reality.

Some of these celebrities are genuinely horrible people openly, so others being horrible in private isn't a surprise. Gene Simmons, Kid Rock, Eminem, Vince McMahon and others really are bad people that get a pass for being rich. They believe their wealth gives them that free pass- and it mostly has. About the only time their criminal behavior sends them to prisons when they fail to pay the IRS. Mel Gibson suffered but he never really lost his status. Woody Allen molested his stepdaughter and Hollywoood covered it up. The BBC knew Jimmy Savile molested kids and covered it up. Joan Crawford notoriously beat her daughter, and Hollywood called Christina Crawford a liar for speaking out- including claiming that the tell-all film "Mommie Dearest" is a bad movie. Molestation, spouse abuse, drug abuse, I expect it anymore, and the entertainment industry will cover it up to keep the profits coming in.

Is the video game industry safe? Likely not, what with the main guy being the Dead Or Alive franchise having been accused of sexual harassment of female employees. Big surprise, right? From a game franchise that flaunts sexuality, mostly in underage characters. I expect we'll see more come out in that once this really blows up. Should we separate art from artist? That's going to get awfully hard. George Takei is the latest to be outed, along with a Republican senator who molested a teenage girl. Oh I expect lots of politicians to get outed along with the ride, we already know Trump did it.

His publicist put this statement out:

I am responding on behalf of producer and writer Gary Goddard to allegations posted and made today by actor Anthony Edwards on the website Medium.

Gary first met Anthony more than 40 years ago. Gary was a mentor, teacher and a friend to Anthony, which makes this story all the more disturbing to him. As to the allegations that Mr. Edwards made in his post today, I can unequivocally deny them on Gary’s behalf.

Gary played an important role in helping start Anthony’s acting career and acted as his personal manager. He has nothing but the greatest respect for Anthony as a person. Gary is saddened by the false allegations.

The post by Anthony, as well as many of the news stories today reference a legal claim made against Gary approximately four years ago regarding sexual harassment. The complaint was demonstrated to be fraudulent as it was completely fabricated, and ultimately withdrawn by the complainant and his attorneys.
    http://deadline.com/2017/11/anthony-...ns-1202206235/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Was he interviewed for the Power of Grayskull documentary? I'm wondering if they will re-cut it.
    Yes. While I could see maybe re-editing a mainstream commercial release if there is one, I'd leave the kickstarter, longer version alone. A great majority of people know that including him to say a few things about the 87 movie doesn't mean you are condoning what he may or may not have done that had nothing to do with the that movie. Unless he has been accused of something more recent, he'll likely never be proven in a court of law criminally guilty of anything whether he actually did something or not.

For those that met him at Power Con: what was he like? Did he give off a "creepy" vibe?

He also has a connection to Bryan Singer. I am sure we will be hearing about Singer molesting young boys any day now.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I am sure we will be hearing about Singer molesting young boys any day now.
    Well, we already did. I think it was in 2013 or so. I believe that was pretty much brushed under the carpet.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    For those that met him at Power Con: what was he like? Did he give off a "creepy" vibe?

He also has a connection to Bryan Singer. I am sure we will be hearing about Singer molesting young boys any day now.
    Geez Louise, what's next?
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; November 15, 2017 at 02:43pm.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

This was disheartening news, but like others, I’m hardly surprised anymore.

This is borderline Tar Swamp material, so let’s be sure to keep the discussion above that mucky mire.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    This was disheartening news, but like others, I’m hardly surprised anymore.

This is borderline Tar Swamp material, so let’s be sure to keep the discussion above that mucky mire.
    I kinda think it needs to be in the tar swamp. Not really stuff any kids need to read about.

wow.. now this has hit he-man.org too. well, the fans. sad.

innocent until proven guilty, but anthony edwards is a solid actor to make up a false accusation like this. this is just crazy now.

i know a big time LA agent that i wont be surprised is something pops up against this person in the coming future
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Guess who he invited on the MotU set : Michael Jackson (whom I also suspect was a child molester.....a grown man with a secret room dedicated little boys , the painting with him as a Jesus-figure surrounded by little boys etc.....I mean c'mon !)

IMO , the gay rumors only came out after he died to cover up the scandal , just damage control if you ask me.
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; Yesterday at 08:42am.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Guess who he invited on the MotU set : Michael Jackson (whom I also suspect was a child molester.....a grown man with a secret room dedicated little boys , the painting with him as a Jesus-figure surrounded by little boys etc.....I mean c'mon !)

IMO , the gay rumors only came out after he died to cover up the scandal , just damage control if you ask me.
    I really don't think MJ was a child molester. He was a child. He was definitely a weirdo and eccentric but I don't think he ever hurt a child and I believe there were people out their that just wanted to exploit him for financial gains because of those eccentrics. He was a real life Peter Pan.

I don't think Anthony Edwards would lie or would need this publicity so I personally believe him. It doesn't change my fondness of the Masters Movie but it's sad that it now has an additional stigma.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I really don't think MJ was a child molester. He was a child. He was definitely a weirdo and eccentric but I don't think he ever hurt a child and I believe there were people out their that just wanted to exploit him for financial gains because of those eccentrics. He was a real life Peter Pan.
    Sleeping with kids is just weird?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Sleeping with kids is just weird?
    Yes, slumber parties is weird, touching is illegal and disgusting.

I wonder if this will put a halt on the new Captain Power re-boot. Not that there has been any movement on it in years, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Yes, slumber parties is weird, touching is illegal and disgusting.
    You'd be okay with him sleeping with your kids, then? If he didn't touch those kids and was a real life Peter Pan?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark