Thread: Robo Force toy repair question

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar

Robo Force toy repair question

One thing that makes buying vintage Robo Force toys difficult is the fact most are in poor condition. Stickers can't be replaced, unless we can convince a shop like Reprolabels to make new decals, but the rest...

Can anyone provide me with photos of these toys disassembled? I want to know if the arms can be easily replaced- either both arms + air pump, or one arm while keeping the gimmick working. If I can buy 2 copies and piece together a good one it'd save me some trouble in finding good copies. I also need to know if those arm braces can be taken out and replaced with little trouble.

The stickers are coming up on my Robo Force figs, I wonder if I can peel them off to scan them, and fix them. I made custom stickers (not Robo Force) that Reprolabels printed several years ago.

I only have the good guys, my brother has the villians. I doubt he would be up for me removing stickers off his figs.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    That's be great, if Reprolabels would be willing to sell them. They might be too niche.

I did find this showing that the bodies do disassemble very easily, but it doesn't say if I can take off one arm by itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I opened up my Hun-Dred, here's what I found- the t-bar and air bladder are glued together, but the arms come right off. They use a thin layer of grease to keep an airtight seal while allowing mobility. Even after 30 years that grease was still like new but it could be replaced if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, a variant to Cruel

One on the left is a junker, right is a near mint copy. The mint copy has a more satin finish to the plastic and a lighter more pink color to the arms. The inside mechanism is also blue with a black air bulb. The antenna are also different molds- old one is slightly bigger with large squared pegs, the newer one is slightly smaller with rounded pegs.