Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One Discussion Thread

Star Wars: Rogue One Discussion Thread

Cast and crew announced:

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-o...crew-announced

Maybe not to the same degree as Episode VII, but I'm looking forward to this flick.

I hope they will put more color into the movie. The cast photo looks so gray/brown and generic to me it could be Killjoys or Dark Matter the movie. Otherwise I love who they've cast and the suggested plot points I've heard sound fun.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

The cast they've assembled is phenomenal. Hoping for some non-human characters. You know, this is Star Wars. In terms of the story, it’s pretty much the opening crawl of A New Hope. It apparently takes place a week or mere days before the original. Basically, it’s a prequel to ANH. Word is Vader may make an appearance.

I like the new subtitle. Before it was Anthology. Now it’s "A Star Wars Story". I think all the "spin-offs" are going with that subtitle. It makes it clear to the audience that they're standalone, independent SW films, and it also gives them a fairy tale quality:

As a HUGE SW fan, I am pumped for all this new material!!!

Mod Note, just to get ahead of the problem before it ever becomes one, let's make sure that Spoiler Tags are always in use here, as needed. I need to make the same note in the TFA thread as well.

May the Force be with you!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

First Trailer is up:

Itis a very cool trailer, however I'm a little bit worried that Disney may worn out SW to an exhausting level. Movie looks ok, it is interesting, I particularly don't like prequels (specially if done several decades later with a difference in newer technology improvements) but I like seeing references to EU and what seems to be a very fast cameo from Darth Vader as well.
    It seems as well that from being only 2 women in the whole universe from ANH, now all upcoming SW are going to be with a female main lead character. Rey did it fine in TFA, I'm not quite sure about Jyn Erso though, it looked quite corny, or very repetitive Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent kind of character.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I just watched that teaser and I didn't see a single Bothan anywhere, alive or dead. So much for many Bothan's dying
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Aren't the Bothans a reference to Death Star II's plans, with this film being about Death Star I's plans?

Not that Bothans couldn't have been around dying for both...

I thought Bothans died in every attempt to capture plans for any doomsday weapon in the Star Wars Universe.

It isn't a foolproof plan unless many Bothans die

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I just watched that teaser and I didn't see a single Bothan anywhere, alive or dead. So much for many Bothan's dying
    Big media manhandling galactic history again...

Seriously, I don't get all the fuzz anymore. Even when trying to stick to the "look" of the original movie, this to me has nothing that feels like the "Star Wars" I grew up with. Maybe even LESS than TFA had. It's just another typical, modern action movie using designs, motifs and characters from one of the classic films of the last century. It's "Star Wars" in name only. My love for this franchise has grown cold as a TIE-fighterpilot ejected from his exploding ship into deep space long ago...
    Every thread about every MotUC-reveal, ever...

The Sword of Spector - forged in the scorching flames of nerdrage and tempered by the woeful tears of the butthurt

Trailer looks amazing!
    Love seeing the classic Star Destroyers, X-Wings and StormTroopers.
    And Mon Mothma, I never thought I'd be so excited to see Mon Mothma. I'm pretty sure its the same actress from EpIII as well. I wonder if they'll show her leaving Yavin IV at some point in the film to explain why she's not there in EpIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Movie looks ok, it is interesting, I particularly don't like prequels (specially if done several decades later with a difference in newer technology improvements) but I like seeing references to EU and what seems to be a very fast cameo from Darth Vader as well.
    Vader is confirmed for this film, but I'm not so sure if thats him in the trailer. The figure doesn't look broad enough and the head/helmet shape doesn't look right IMO.

That was the second Death Star, this one is about the first.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

This looks AMAZING! I'm very excited with what we were shown! Old school feel for sure. Looks like Disney will be 2 for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Vader is confirmed for this film, but I'm not so sure if thats him in the trailer. The figure doesn't look broad enough and the head/helmet shape doesn't look right IMO.
    You are correct, it actually could be the Emperor, since the Imperial Guards are there as well in that fast cameo.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

My biggest issue with this film is not that it is Star Wars (tho that doesn't help) but is mostly the director Gareth Edwards because his last 2 movies Monsters and Godzilla have left me with zero respect for him as a film maker and even less faith that he can deliver a decent film.

I mean this is the guy who made the Godzilla movie in which Godzilla had the least amount of screen time (8 min out of 2hrs 3mins) and filled the rest of the movie with the most cliched, cookie cutter, bland, emotionless melodrama it has ever been my displeasure to view

This means that Gareth Edwards is one director where if I see his name attached to it my response is "Nope, nope, no, no way, not going to see it, no no no, negative and NOPE"

I dunno enough about Edwards (Godzilla could have been better). That said I thought the Godzilla stuff was staged and presented well, so maybe with the right script?

Cautiously optimistic, I guess.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hmmm...I like it. I like O.G. Stormtroopers, AT-ATs, Imperial Guards and Sandtroopers. So, visually I am all set. I just hope the story can hold up. And no Jedi! Unless Vader comes along and kills them in epic battles. Something to restore Vader's damaged image from his youngling-killing days...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yep Disney is going to run SW into ground, much like the glut of Marvel/DC movies anymore, at first I was into the Marvel stuff, but anymore its just the same thing over and over again with a different superhero. not saying they are terrible films but I have almost no interest in them anymore, never saw Avengers 2, Thor 2, Captain 2, Ant Man, etc.... just too much, only interested in the Daredevil series anymore from Marvel. Give me Bill Bixby and Michael Keaton any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Itis a very cool trailer, however I'm a little bit worried that Disney may worn out SW to an exhausting level. Movie looks ok, it is interesting, I particularly don't like prequels (specially if done several decades later with a difference in newer technology improvements) but I like seeing references to EU and what seems to be a very fast cameo from Darth Vader as well.
    It seems as well that from being only 2 women in the whole universe from ANH, now all upcoming SW are going to be with a female main lead character. Rey did it fine in TFA, I'm not quite sure about Jyn Erso though, it looked quite corny, or very repetitive Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent kind of character.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Hayden Christensen didn't look right in the suit either so who knows.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior
    good looking trailer and another female lead...that's cool, guess. SJWPs 4tW?

I want to see an Ewoks movie, now. Maybe a buddy comedy with C3PO and R2. Better yet a classy musical with kicklining Jedi and Siths, singing
    "Who has the FORCE!
    Do you have the FORCE!!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    I want to see an Ewoks movie, now. Maybe a buddy comedy with C3PO and R2. Better yet a classy musical with kicklining Jedi and Siths, singing
    "Who has the FORCE!
    Do you have the FORCE!!"
    That already exists. It's called The Star Wars Christmas Special.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That already exists. It's called The Star Wars Christmas Special.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    I want to see an Ewoks movie, now.
    Take your pick:

In the name of the Lloyd!

Sometimes, I think they are going a bit too much out of their way to make everything very multicultural.

I'll probably see it opening day, but I have have a feeling it might just be an average popcorn film.

I think the trailer looks outstanding.

Episode 7 was IMO good but not great for many reasons but this film just seems like it's going to better in every way. It's not going to be tied down with old characters and HUGE expectations like Ep 7 was.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I mean this is the guy who made the Godzilla movie in which Godzilla had the least amount of screen time (8 min out of 2hrs 3mins) and filled the rest of the movie with the most cliched, cookie cutter, bland, emotionless melodrama it has ever been my displeasure to view
    This is a huge worry for me as well. Godzilla was a terrible movie, imo, and I am surprised that Edwards even landed this job.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sometimes, I think they are going a bit too much out of their way to make everything very multicultural.

I'll probably see it opening day, but I have have a feeling it might just be an average popcorn film.
    Of course, this is Disney - where White Males are the biggest minority ever.

As for the preview, I could go either way with it... my biggest gripe is that this movie will essentially erase my all-time favorite Star Wars character from the SW Universe. That is a hard pill to swallow considering it would have been just as easy to keep his story intact - and actually feature him in the movie! Instead he will be replaced by another female lead for no real apparent reason...

But, that is all I'm going to say about that... I'm not going to start up the whole EU debate again!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Mini-Sub!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

We are getting the SW EU from now in film also, and this is the first entry. I am beyond excited. I’m weirdly more excited for this than I was for TFA. Does anyone else feel like that? There is an old-school feeling here that even TFA didn’t have. I can’t put my finger on it. The shot with the Star Destroyers and the dish being put in place on the Death Star looks exceptional.