Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman - The Movie - Release in June 2017

Wonder Woman - The Movie - Release in June 2017

anyone excited to see this movie? i am for sure. about damn time she is on the big screen. i liked GG on BvS, was not much screen time, but i enjoyed her appearance, especially the glowing lasso around Doomsday.

now with her movie in mid production.. will we get to see the invisible jet in the movie? i hope so.. we have too, its a must. she cant be using regular commercial airlines to get around

i'm also happy the director of the movie in charge. she is good and past movies she really brings out much more out of an actor imo.

also read, that will get to see more of her powers in this movie.

anyone else excited for this movie?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    It is about time she got a movie.

Heroic Warrior
    YES!

For me, Wonder Woman was the best part of Dawn of Justice (although in hindsight, I'm flabbergasted that they didn't actually "name" the character at all in the film, either as Diana or Wonder Woman. The only identification was a throwaway "Ms Prince").

I have high hopes for the solo Wonder Woman film. I like what little I have seen and heard to date, although I'm hopeful that it's tone is a little lighter and the cinematography is a little brighter than DoJ. I know that Gal Gadot has said that it's still a dark movie, as well it should be given that it takes place during WW1, but Steve Trevor, Etta Candy and others on Diana's team should hopefully provide some welcome comedic relief from all of the darkness.

And I want to see some toys! Mattel had better not skip the movie when it comes to merchandising, although I expect that they will in order to maximise merchandise for Justice League. I'd like action figures of Diana in her Themyscira gear, Wonder Woman gear, civilian disguise gear, etc. Not to mention Steve Trevor, assorted Amazons including Queen Hippolyta and the villain/s.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hell yes!

It's about time.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Very excited for this movie and Suicide Squad. I can't believe that it's taken this long to get a WW movie!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Colonel Blast, Evil Robot, the Twiggets and Admiral Scurvy! Very disappointed the Thundercats line was cancelled!

OMG I am beyond excited, and my daughters almost jumped out of their skin when they saw WW in the BvS preview! The littler one stood up in her seat and screamed "Wonder Woman!" I too am hoping for some major toy tie-in action.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Tally, I could watch that all day.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Tally, I could watch that all day.
    me too, she looks great
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    One question since Wonder Woman & Captain America were created before WWII both have their origins in that era so why would WB make WW's origin in WWI????

I love both DC & Marvel but sometimes I think WB doesn't put the right people in charge for all of the head scratching foul ups they make...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    One question since Wonder Woman & Captain America were created before WWII both have their origins in that era so why would WB make WW's origin in WWI????

I love both DC & Marvel but sometimes I think WB doesn't put the right people in charge for all of the head scratching foul ups they make...
    In my opinion, I think they chose WWI just to do something a bit different. You rarely see any movies about WWI and since Wonder Woman origins in Man's World do tie to a world war, it kind of makes sense she would take part in the first one. Maybe WB will explain their reasoning more at SDCC.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

So she can be the inspiration for the women's suffrage movement.

WWII has been done and WWI is an interesting time period for women. Plus I like the clothes. But thats a side note. You have women skirt's rising, women were becoming more active, they were active in the war and like Adam said you have the suffrage movement. While not THE inspiration she can be an inspiration, since the fight started, one could argue in 1848 in Seneca Falls. Plus it is 100 years after WWI.

EDIT:
    I went on WIKI, and It said there should be three movies. One set during WWI, WWII and modern day. That would be an interesting progression of women's history/rights and also the change in society in general.

I'm not a huge wonder woman fan, but I am interested to see this on video. I never go to the movies anymore. But I like how she looks, not overtly sexual.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I'm excited for this movie just because it doesn't look very Snyder-ish. I hope it does well and convinces WB that their DC movies don't have to be all dark and moody.

I'm still though not happy with Gal Gadot. She may have been the high point of the abysmal BvsS movie but she was still miscast IMO.

In a way, I hope it influences Marvel as well to do some more female-led movies outsides Captain Marvel. I personally would love a Black Widow movie that was more like a spy movie and less "superhero-ish" if that makes any sense.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'm excited for this movie just because it doesn't look very Snyder-ish. I hope it does well and convinces WB that their DC movies don't have to be all dark and moody.

I'm still though not happy with Gal Gadot. She may have been the high point of the abysmal BvsS movie but she was still miscast IMO.

In a way, I hope it influences Marvel as well to do some more female-led movies outsides Captain Marvel. I personally would love a Black Widow movie that was more like a spy movie and less "superhero-ish" if that makes any sense.
    About dark and moody, do you think that belongs to Watchmen, Batman, Spawn, Punisher, Daredevil etc. as it works for those characters but not every DC character eh?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Nope not looking forward to this at all.
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

haha. love it..

look at her cool costumes colors.. and none of that was shown in BvS. was all gray FIRE ZACK SNYDER
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I am excited for this movie. I am hopeful that it will not be dark and brooding but will have some light to it. The fact that Chris Pine is playing Steve Trevor is a good sign since he has a good comedic charm.

The only thing I don't like so far is the set pictures of Themyscaria (sp?) that has no color whatsoever.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

From the trailers and pictures I’ve seen I worry that it will be a dark movie which has missed the opportunity to accurately reflect the emotions and experiences (both good and bad) that combatants would have gone through during WW1. On the other hand, I expect Gal Gadot to look the part of WW and show some good martial art skills in the fight scenes. Her acting skills are however not that good imo. So my expectations are not for a great movie or a hugely entertaining movie.

I am nevertheless looking forward to watching it, as its WW! I’m even hoping it will be a great success as this might pave the way for a live-action She-Ra movie or TV series. Especially, as Gal's WW cameo in BvS involved the use of a shield / force field to protect others and her flying acrobatics during the short fight scenes were just typical Filmation She-Ra.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    If Lynda Carter is not cast as Hippolyta then DC dropped the ball.....You've gotta pay homage to the one that started it all...

Please let the movie reflect these colors.

Please.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    From the trailers and pictures I’ve seen I worry that it will be a dark movie which has missed the opportunity to accurately reflect the emotions and experiences (both good and bad) that combatants would have gone through during WW1. On the other hand, I expect Gal Gadot to look the part of WW and show some good martial art skills in the fight scenes. Her acting skills are however not that good imo. So my expectations are not for a great movie or a hugely entertaining movie.

I am nevertheless looking forward to watching it, as its WW! I’m even hoping it will be a great success as this might pave the way for a live-action She-Ra movie or TV series. Especially, as Gal's WW cameo in BvS involved the use of a shield / force field to protect others and her flying acrobatics during the short fight scenes were just typical Filmation She-Ra.
    Do you think with this whole dark/gritty thing it takes the wrong lessons from Dark Knight, Watchmen and V For Vendetta? So you don't think Dark and gritty works for all DC characters like Wonder Woman and Superman but works for characters like Spawn, Batman, Watchmen, Punisher, Daredevil etc. as it's their nature right?

Do you think this whole dark/gritty thing reminds you of the same thing that happened to 90's with the comic industry? people took the wrong lessons from Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Kevin Eastman and Katsuhiro Otomo on Akira don't you think?

Do you think Marvel makes better movies as they are in control of their properties with their own studio and embrace the feel of the 60s 70s and 80s silver bronze and iron age while DC/WB is stuck in the 90's dark age?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

for me personally what is done is done , they may have changed some minor issues but this will be just a spin off from Dawn of Justice produced by snyder's family. There will be a serious and dark tone, comedy sometimes but I sincerely dont expect that level of humour present in "Ant man" or "Deadpool", the movie is set around the WW1 scenario after all.

fact is the DC movie universe cant change dramatically from what we have seen before, we already have had 2 solid movies (MOS, B v S) that build the architecture so I expect this cinematic universe continue making use of Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad as well.
    DC cant be MARVEL. Ditto.
    DC will contnue to differentiate and fail or succeed by its merits or bad decisions.
    Last edited by Triklops 1; June 8, 2017 at 05:41pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    The trailer looks good, but I'd like to know why Steve Trevor is in a German uniform. Spying, perhaps?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor