Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mezco producing ThunderCats figures in 2015

Mezco producing ThunderCats figures in 2015

http://thundercats.org/2015/01/mezco...-toys-in-2015/

I've confirmed with Mezco that they will be revealing ThunderCats figure(s) at Toy Fair in NYC on February 14th. This is great news for collectors and fans who had assumed that we’d seen the last of licensed toy products years ago when Bandai, Funko and Mezco all stopped releasing new figures.

Our contact at Mezco says that we’ll have to wait till Toy Fair before we learn what scale they’ll be working in.

Speculation is that they’ll continue the mega scale line and fans are hopeful to finally get to add Tygra to their collections. Mezco also moved into the 1:12 scale in 2014 and so there’s a chance we’ll see a collectors line of figures in this coveted size. I've also confirmed that Mezco holds rights to produce in the 1:12 scale as part of their existing license.

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    I wish them luck and hope that this line will be the one that works
    Etheria will be mine!

Heroic Warrior
    I want Tygra, Wily Kit and Wily Kat, the next gen cats (Lynx-o, Pumyra and Bengali), and the mutants (at least) in the mega scale.

A 1:12 line would be cool too, as long as they have good design. The Bandai line just looked so funky.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    This news is awesome on so many levels!

Honestly though, I wouldn't even mind if Mezco just shrunk their existing large-scale figures down to 6 in. size and added a bit more articulation.

I can't express how happy I am that Mezco is doing this. I am almost certain that they will do the line justice... I have the entire Hellboy line of figures on permanent display (because they are so awesome looking) and I can tell you that they are very well-made figures.

I am really looking forward to Valentine's Day now!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Be interesting to see what they come up with, if it' figures along the lines of classics then I'll be picking some up.

If they're 1:12 classic design figures, I'm in!

Anything else would be a pass.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    If they are going to do a mega scale Tygra then they need to do another production run of the other figures. Otherwise some newcomers will see this one character, yet the rest they need to pay scalper secondary prices for. Packing Snarf in with a regular release would also help them a good deal.

Great news, I'll be interested to see what they are producing. So what is 1:12 scale roughly compared to a standard MOTUC figure?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not 100% sure but I think that's 6" scale so hopefully they will be motuc compatible

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked it up , 1/12 th is 12 inches

1/12th = 6"
    1/6th = 12"

Roughly.

MOTUCs are around 7" but they're close enough that they're generally lumped in with 1/12 scale.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

While the giant figures are done well I hope that we get 6" (or there about) figures. Not only that; but, a complete line-up.
    I really hope for the best. Mezco has some wonderful sculpts on the large figures...Here's hoping it carries over into a new 6" line!

That is awesome news. I love the big figures, but would really like a new 6" line of Thundercats.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Warrior
    That would be very cool. I'ts been a long time coming. While I am a more casual fan of Thundercats, I feel for those who have been waiting and waiting for something decent to come out and had to be let down by Bandai. I hope some quality products are on the way!

I can't tell you how happy this makes me! As much as I love MOTU, for me, Thundercats was always my #1 property. The Mezco large scale figures are amazing. I love the detailed sculpts on the weapons. The sculpts and paint on the figures are fantastic. At the very least, I am hoping this news means they are going to make Tygra (if not even more new mega-scale figures). Beyond that, if there was a new line of 6inch or 7inch figures, that would be a dream come true! Just, please, Mezco, at LEAST commit to the four main cats and Mumm-ra. Anyone beyond that is gravy, but it is a crime to end any classic t-cats line before getting to those! Right now Minimates has done it right…and that's about it . Can't wait to see what Mezco has in store!!!
    Wes

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes2882 View Post
    I can't tell you how happy this makes me! As much as I love MOTU, for me, Thundercats was always my #1 property. The Mezco large scale figures are amazing. I love the detailed sculpts on the weapons. The sculpts and paint on the figures are fantastic. At the very least, I am hoping this news means they are going to make Tygra (if not even more new mega-scale figures). Beyond that, if there was a new line of 6inch or 7inch figures, that would be a dream come true! Just, please, Mezco, at LEAST commit to the four main cats and Mumm-ra. Anyone beyond that is gravy, but it is a crime to end any classic t-cats line before getting to those! Right now Minimates has done it right…and that's about it . Can't wait to see what Mezco has in store!!!
    Wes
    I personally think it would be a crime to quit before Ssslithe, Monkian, and Jackalman are made as well. With only Mumm-Ra to fight, the 'Cats would own the toyshelf in no time!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Give me the LunaTaks.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Please make Safari Joe....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    If it is 6", then I hope we finally get a Lynxana figure. She rules
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

This would be a dream line for me.

Absolute must-haves would be the six main cats, Mumm-Ra and (yes) Snarf. Anything less than that is inexcusable.

Nearly as necessary would be Jaga, Slithe, Jackalman, Monkian and Vultureman.

If they can knock those out, then I'd be over the moon to get the three additional T-Cats, Rataro, and the Lunataks. And the Berzerkers. And...

Yeah, this line has no chance of satisfying me. Bring it on anyway!
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    As one of the biggest Tcats fans ever.... Im not touching this line until we have confirmation that a core team is going to be done. The giant Mezco figures, the pop vinyl, the statue series, bandai (3 different asst.) NONE had complete teams. The closest we got to anything was the minimates (which were the best figs ever IMO, just wanted more randoms).

I simply cant invest into another series that might be dropped on its head after 3 figures. If this series gives us a full core team, hell, id throw in for 3 to 4 of each figure just to support the line, but I want some game plan first
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

If the line is impressive I'm in like Flynn!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I never cared for mini mates. too small, breakable looking and looseable. I prefer something bigger.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I think Mezco having the license is as much bad as it is good. True, they can't possibly churn out a worse product than Bandai US and their miscolored joint pins, but outside of TRU what retail chain will carry them? Mezco has never really played well with the large retail chains and all those smaller/specialty places like Media Play went under years ago. Unless they start changing their business practices then this is going to be a line you mostly buy online or at comic stores and I think that has potential to wreck the line within a year. If it ends up being anything like the Hellboy licenses then they also run the chance of making that one character no one really wants, which will clog pegs hard and keep stores from stocking more- and this has a strong chance because no toy company wants to make the fill main cats in the first wave. They make a small part plus superfluous secondary characters. These secondary characters don't sell, waste store inventory space and prevent them from buying more of future waves.
    Last edited by diosoth; January 19, 2015 at 04:59pm.

which is why you really need fans producing these things. big companies don't seem to get it..most of the time
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    From what I've heard it'll be in the 6-7" scale
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"