Thread: BEATS Headphones.. good, bad or not worth the dough?

BEATS Headphones.. good, bad or not worth the dough?

ok, so i said i would never buy these headphones because of the insane price.

Well, i finally gave in and decided to try them out. i bought them from one of those television channels hsn or the other one. well, there's a 30 day trial period and i got the flex pay, so i dont have to pay 200 plus all at once.

have not arrive yet, but wanna see / hear what the fuss or rave is about.

anyone have them? what do you think? worth it?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I haven't owned them but what I have read is they are good, but priced higher than they should be because of celebrity endorsement. Basically if you can get a decent deal on them then they are worth it, but not really full price.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I like Senheiser. A bit pricey, but sounds great.
    He-Man and She-Ra, the ultimate power duo!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Master of New Adventures!
    My 15 year-old Alex has the Studio Beats. It was a major item, along with Xbox One, on his Christmas list. He's everything most of today's kids are -- techy, into music and a gamer. Fortunately he's also been a straight A student for the last six years, so we decided to indulge him on the headphones.

He's absolutely crazy about them, still raving and thanking us. I'm the one of the most low tech and least audiophile guys you'll ever meet, so I'm not the one to ask. But my audio savvy teen lives them.

I'm sure a headphone nerd can come on here and show you through scientific sterilized tests why Brand XXXX headphones are better than Beats, but what's most important is that they sound good and are comfortable to you. A lot of times, the specs and tests don't tell the whole story. You might pay less for a pair that's better on paper, but end up not liking them. At least, that's my experience with headphones.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I have both the Studio and the Tour. Both are great if you like rock music. I listen to mostly punk and hardcore and they sound great. The ones I had were built by monster. Yes I know they are overpriced but they also care about quality. Both have lasted me 4+ years!

If you want an established brand and expensive you should go with Beats by Dr Dre so you look cool and people would respect you in materialistic ways.

If you're into audiophile or anything related to sound just pick up seinnheiser brand, Have to say you will get 10x better on Sennheiser headphone or in ears on the same price as Beats.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Heroic Warrior
    They're fashionable among young people. The not so young ... ehhh. People my age look like berks with the cans around their neck. I prefer earphones - much easier to fit in your pockets. Professionally I use sennheisers, the collapsable ones. They're good but totally out of fashion right now. I hate how fashion works, but so it goes ...

For the price? NO! They are also not compatible with the Ipod or Iphone (using the inline controls). Pricewise, Skull candy do the job for me.
    My post count just got bigger.

They are way overpriced. You're paying for the brand, not the quality. You can get a pair of nice Bose headphones for the same price, or a pair of Sony headphones, which are probably of equal quality as the Beats, for half the price. As others have said, Sennheiser headphones are very well regarded.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa789 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    If you're into audiophile or anything related to sound just pick up seinnheiser brand, Have to say you will get 10x better on Sennheiser headphone or in ears on the same price as Beats.
    I agree about Sennheiser. A friend of mine is a field audio recordist/post mixer for film and television and he highly recommended Sennheiser to me when I was looking. And honestly they don't have to be super expensive. I'd say any pair over a hundred bucks that feel comfortable to you would be worthwhile.

If you want an established brand and expensive you should go with Beats by Dr Dre so you look cool and people would respect you in materialistic ways
    you mean to tell me i will make cool, material far out don't talk to me unless u have those expensive headphones friends now when i have beats? come on.. i'm so cool now and live in LA, thats cool enough.. hahahaha

into audiophile or anything related to sound just pick up seinnheiser brand, Have to say you will get 10x better on Sennheiser headphone or in ears on the same price as Beats.
    sounds like many others agree with these, gonna try beats for a week, then make my decision, i have a month to return them for my 50 bucks refund

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    you mean to tell me i will make cool, material far out don't talk to me unless u have those expensive headphones friends now when i have beats? come on.. i'm so cool now and live in LA, thats cool enough.. hahahaha

sounds like many others agree with these, gonna try beats for a week, then make my decision, i have a month to return them for my 50 bucks refund
    Yeah, just imagine all the ladies walks on in LA give a flirtatious at you over that headphones.

It's alright if you want to stick with Beats if you like it, we just could not agree with Beats headphones prices, I mean you could get something better like Seinnheiser with a decent price. This is kinda like Razer product for the gamers, you can get a lot of other good product with the same price or even less expensive
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    They're fashionable among young people. The not so young ... ehhh. People my age look like berks with the cans around their neck. I prefer earphones - much easier to fit in your pockets. Professionally I use sennheisers, the collapsable ones. They're good but totally out of fashion right now. I hate how fashion works, but so it goes ...

Yup....more of a fashion trend then any thing. Remember how it was back in school with sneakers? You weren't "cool" unless you had a good pair....Ipods, Iphones...now these, all the same....

And yes people you look ridiculous wearing giant earphones just walking around or even better yet in the gym looking like you're about to DJ a concert...

Carlo, did you buy the headphone?

i returned them, did not like them.. too tight on the ears and not worth 200 plus bucks. just blocks out outside noise and also some of the music was not heard on these phones. either way.. did not like them. plus. i look ridulous wearing princess lea ear pieces at the gym

just bought some sony ear plug headphones and they sound better to me.

Senheiser are great from what I hear. I own a pair of Shure-have had them for 6 years and they still rock-great bass response and the hi's and mid's are solid. I recommend Shure based on my 6 years of music pleasure. Price-$100-$150.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I second Sennheiser. Hands down the best headphones I've ever had. Worth the cost over Beats.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i returned them, did not like them.. too tight on the ears and not worth 200 plus bucks. just blocks out outside noise and also some of the music was not heard on these phones. either way.. did not like them. plus. i look ridulous wearing princess lea ear pieces at the gym

just bought some sony ear plug headphones and they sound better to me.
    Well Carlo, people might think or say (Or women) "Oh hey, he have Beats headphone. He's probably a decent rich man, I should say hi to him"

Yes, in ear Seinnheiser earphone have some real quality, since I live in middle class Creative (which is Eurasia market) can sound as equal as seinnheiser too.

regardless of good or not, if they are endorsed by a no name celebrity, I tend to avoid the over priced product like the plague.

Go with Sennheiser . can recommend
    with experience
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV