Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Beasts - Rhino and Scorpion are here!

Widget

Rise of the Beasts - Rhino and Scorpion are here!

Hi all!

Figures have arrived! I am beyond ecstatic!

So, here are the details...

I will have these up for sale Saturday 11/15/2014. Reason being is I have to make sure I have time to pack and ship when the orders come in. I don't like to leave orders pending for more than a day.
    When they go on sale, it will be here:
    http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com/

Prices will be as follows:
    $4 each for the unpainted figures

$7 each for the painted figures.

Each figure will come with a proof of purchase sticker, redeemable for a limited edition figure (shown below).

There are 4 very low run figures with special paint applications. Each figure will be redeemable (randomly) for 10 stickers.

Lastly, for those of you who are getting a freebie gold figure from the Kickstarter offer, I will either include it in your first order or if you are not one of the folks who order that first weekend, I will just ship it out by itself at the same time as the other orders. You do not have to buy anything to get your promised freebie. Although it would be great if you did, ha ha!

Thanks again for everyone who has helped with this project over the years. This is truly a dream come true!!!

For those of you not familiar with these yet, they are in the 60mm scale and have 4-5 points of articulation (head, shoulders, waist and on the scorpion, the tail). The are made from a very firm PVC. The joints are all Glyos pegs so you could swap parts between them if you want and if you do pull a limb off, it will snap right back on.
    There are really a Battle Beast homage (I run the LittleRubberGuys forum) but more in line with a MOTU or Thundercats body style.
    Last edited by jkaris; October 30, 2014 at 08:12pm.

Awesome! WANT!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Heroic Warrior
    These are nice.

Kickstarter? you have/had a kickstarter? Was it for these guys?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    These are nice.

Kickstarter? you have/had a kickstarter? Was it for these guys?
    We did but had to cancel (pre-funding) it last minute due to factory issues. The original factory we were using ended up boning us, but we had a few other sticks in the fire. One of those panned out wonderfully and here we are today.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I was expecting the Spidey villains. I thought Rise of the Beasts was the title of a new plotline in the comics...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I was expecting the Spidey villains. I thought Rise of the Beasts was the title of a new plotline in the comics...
    I've actually heard that recently. Hopefully someone will do a custom Spidey Villain paint job on a set.

Widget
    These will be available this Saturday for those of you interested!
    http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by jkaris View Post
    These will be available this Saturday for those of you interested!
    http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com

ADDITIONAL:

Figures bought. Thank you. Hope there's more to come.
    Last edited by midor; November 15, 2014 at 09:49am.

Widget
    Figures bought. Thank you. Hope there's more to come.
    Thank you so much! I hope you love them!

Heroic Warrior
    I like the designs. I like the options. I like concepts. I like the colors. So, I think I will.

Thank you so much! I hope you love them!

Hey! just learned of these for the first time, but...
    just purchased a painted pair! awesome! looking forward to getting them, and looking forward to what you have in store for the future!
    thanks!

I snagged a pair!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Widget
    Thanks everyone! I managed to get almost everything packed up this weekend and shipped out today. There are a few stragglers that will go out tomorrow though.

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine today.

Got mine today.
    Me too, can't wait to get home to see them....

Got mine today and they are a fun mash-up of Battle Beasts with MOTU proportions!

Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 4.19.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

yes! got my (painted) pair today! these things are awesome!
    very impressive, jkaris!
    I can honestly say they are much more well-executed than I expected even from the pictures. nice job, man.
    I am personally "in" for any/all characters you produce going forward! I'm hoping you can make me a whole fleet of these anthropomorphic animal warriors!
    thanks!

Widget
    Awesome! I am so glad you guys like them!

If you can, please help spread the word. The faster we get through this batch, the faster we can move on to the next two.

We've got 5 more figures already designed (I should have proto-types to show off in a month or so) and another 2 being developed.

Thanks guys!

Greatness. Love them. Thanks!

Got mine!

Pictures aren't showing up....for some reason. Anyway:

Put up a little post about them on the 'ol blog as well, if'n yer interested.
    Last edited by Alexx; November 25, 2014 at 01:50pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Widget
    Oh man, that was awesome, thank you! I got quite a chuckle out of their dialogue.

Oh man, that was awesome, thank you! I got quite a chuckle out of their dialogue.
    Thanks, and you're welcome! I was afraid I didn't put enough focus on Rise of the Beasts, what with all the swapping. Hopefully my tiny corner of the net can manage to drum up some more business for ya.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Widget
    I just put up 4 army builder packs at the store! They are basically buy 10, get an 11th for free AND get one of the promo figures packed in, instead of having to redeem the stickers down the road.

11 Gaamiks for the price of 10 AND the mail-away Black and Silver Rhino is already packed in. 12 figures total!

http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com...uilder-pack-01

11 Cahrivs for the price of 10 AND the mail-away Black and Silver Scorpion is already packed in. 12 figures total!

http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com...uilder-pack-02

11 Gold Rhinos for the price of 10 AND the mail-away Gold and Black Rhino is already packed in. 12 figures total!

http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com...uilder-pack-03

11 Gold Scorpions for the price of 10 AND the mail-away Gold and Black Scorpion is already packed in. 12 figures total!

http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com...uilder-pack-04

Heroic Warrior
    I see one of the scorpions is sold out.

Good.

Widget
    I've got a new batch of colors coming early next year and will also hopefully have some prototypes of other characters ready to show off by then as well.