Page 11 of 350 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan
    I have a question about the GameCube controllers. Will you be able to play Virtual Console games with the Gamecube controller? And alternatively, will you be able to play Gamecube games with the Virtual Console controller?

Have they every addressed this?
    Howdy

I am not aware that either of these are possible. I know that you can play NES with the Wii controller but I have not heard if you can play VC games with a GC controller and vice versa

Chris M

EDIT:

See what you think of these video's:

http://www.gameklip.com/v/766/

http://www.gameklip.com/v/748/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
    Last edited by shigsy2003; September 24, 2006 at 11:03am.
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Classic

And heres a countdown timer

http://wiiloaded.com/wiinews-2185

That sony Video was lame if that's the best people can come up with. I geuss. Gran Turismo is the bench mark for racing games. It's the game every racing game tries to copy. It also got best in show at the TGS.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/09/24/...rding-to-cesa/

And hate to break to you but Ridge Racer is Huge in Japan as the showing at TGS showed it's a technical marvel and Ridge Racer 2 is on the top 10 Japanese software charts right now.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/09/22/...-strikes-back/

Which I can see why people like to make fun of it since it looks like this...

Oh wait a minute thats the DS version it actually looks like this on the PSP

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    We all know that the DS graphics are on the lower end...why must you keep comparing the DS with the PSP when it comes to graphics?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep
    We all know that the DS graphics are on the lower end...why must you keep comparing the DS with the PSP when it comes to graphics?
    What else is there to say? The DS has destroyed the PSP in sales so there isn't much more he can talk about.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

What you bought a PS3!

Uhm no actually the PSP is a run away success. NO ONE before the PSP has been able to take market share away from Nintendo and they've accomplished that by almost 50%.

True the 2 sytems are a different gaming experience for 1 the top selling software on the DS aren't games. Versus the top selling games on the PSP. It's true the DS is selling more titles of non games but the PSP has more A++ titles as you can clearly see from the metareviews. There are things that aren't done at all properly on the DS for one example Fighting games. And Freind codes is hardly Wi-fi in the same manner that the PSP is wi-fi.

As far as sales go well in Japan maybe. But we live in America where the PSP is a top seller.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asharachal
    i also know a lot of people with buyer's regret for having gotten a psp. i'm buying one off the significant other mainly for an addiction to lumines. but there aren't a lot of games on the system that have me particularly foaming at the mouth to play. the ds has had a ton of such games for me and the sig other.
    I have to agree with the gaming selection.

I do not have a PSP, and for the most part, there's very little out for it that I really want.

The only games that are really popping out at me at all are a lot of the ones by Capcom (i.e. the Megaman titles, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, That puzzle game collection which includes Puzzle Fighter 2, the Power Stone collection, etc).

And other than those, the only others that I am interested in include the upcoming Mortal Kombat Unchained, which is essentially just MK Deception in portable form with a few more characters, and the Midway Arcade Treasures release which includes MK 1, 2, and 3.
    The prospect of having these games in portable form really really interests me, being that I am a huge MK fan. However, I have heard some bad things about the arcade treasures release being glitchy, slow, etc.

Plus, regardless of how well they work, the irony is that while I would love having them in portable form, I know that the VAST majority of the time, I would just end up playing the PSP at home on the couch. Even now with the DS, except for a handful of exceptions, usually I play it at home. So, having them portable is of little importance in the long run.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

According to the Q-Mann in this month's EGM The PSP had some good news, and Bad news. Do keep in mind that this comes from the RUMOR MILL however so it may not come to pass (Although the Q Mann is usually pretty close)
    PORTABLE PROBLEMS
    With all the hubbub over Nintendo's DS Lite, it's sometimes hard to remember Sony also has a slick portable system. Thankfully games like KILLZONE: LIBERATION, and GTA: VICE CITY STORIES, should keep portable pundints chipper. But while these two games look hot, the PSP's future is not - I hear several big-time third party publishers are giving up on the PSP.
    In this month's Game Informer you can get exclusive screens for a bunch of Wii launch games including........ FAR CRY FOR THE WII!!!!!! (Among others)
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

WHAT A GUY
    The psp is dying it has no where near 50% of the market more like 30%, if that.

Howdy

The PSP and DS are the same as PS3 and Wii. The PSP offers nothing new in terms of how you play, for the shallow if offers the superior graphics but how does that translate to better and more enjoyable games?

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003
    Howdy

The PSP and DS are the same as PS3 and Wii. The PSP offers nothing new in terms of how you play, for the shallow if offers the superior graphics but how does that translate to better and more enjoyable games?

Chris M
    Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, graphics are nice and all. But somewhere the gaming industry became SO focused on graphics that they often have forgotten about making games that are fun to play.

While having a game that is really fun AND has awesome graphics would be optimal, I would rather have a really, really fun game with slightly outdated graphics than a game that is dull and not very engaging with the latest and greatest graphics available.

Most of the PSP games available just seem like watered down rehashes of games already available on PS2. And I guess that wouldn't be so bad if the games averaged at $25 to $35 each as a starting cost, but most of the games when the first come out are between $40 and $50, which is what PS2 games tend to cost on their own. Why would I want to pay that much for a watered down version of a game when I can just go buy the full version and get more for my money?

At least with DS, even the cames that are continuations/sequels to existing series, they add in new/different features (often, but not always, involving the touch screen) and make it into a new experience. I can't say the same for most of what's on PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia
    Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, graphics are nice and all. But somewhere the gaming industry became SO focused on graphics that they often have forgotten about making games that are fun to play.

While having a game that is really fun AND has awesome graphics would be optimal, I would rather have a really, really fun game with slightly outdated graphics than a game that is dull and not very engaging with the latest and greatest graphics available.

Most of the PSP games available just seem like watered down rehashes of games already available on PS2. And I guess that wouldn't be so bad if the games averaged at $25 to $35 each as a starting cost, but most of the games when the first come out are between $40 and $50, which is what PS2 games tend to cost on their own. Why would I want to pay that much for a watered down version of a game when I can just go buy the full version and get more for my money?

At least with DS, even the cames that are continuations/sequels to existing series, they add in new/different features (often, but not always, involving the touch screen) and make it into a new experience. I can't say the same for most of what's on PSP.
    Yeah I understand completely cause Mario 64 was a completely new experience for me and oh those mini games they had on The new super Mario which didn't use the touch screen by the way were so original. And oh Mario Kart DS wow! How did they come up with that it was so fresh and didn't use the touch screen. Metroid Pinball your on a roll Nintendo. Tetris, Lumines watch out they're gunning for you. Seriously.

Nintendogs cause I don't have real life dogs I need to play a simulator. Brain age cause well I need a game that can't even recognize when most people playing it says blue. A cooking sim, yeah I want to keep my DS real close to the stove while I'm trying to cook. And that Japanese to English dictionary whoo I would be so lost with out that. Which basically covers everything that's sold on the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroStratos88
    Yeah I understand completely cause Mario 64 was a completely new experience for me and oh those mini games they had on The new super Mario which didn't use the touch screen by the way were so original. And oh Mario Kart DS wow! How did they come up with that it was so fresh and didn't use the touch screen. Metroid Pinball your on a roll Nintendo. Tetris, Lumines watch out they're gunning for you. Seriously.

Nintendogs cause I don't have real life dogs I need to play a simulator. Brain age cause well I need a game that can't even recognize when most people playing it says blue. A cooking sim, yeah I want to keep my DS real close to the stove while I'm trying to cook. And that Japanese to English dictionary whoo I would be so lost with out that. Which basically covers everything that's sold on the DS.
    I'm guessing that the sound of one hand clapping is much the same as the sound of a one-man pro-Sony campaign on these boards...

I live in Japan. PSP is NOTHING in Japan. DS is EVERYTHING. That's all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly
    I'm guessing that the sound of one hand clapping is much the same as the sound of a one-man pro-Sony campaign on these boards...

I live in Japan. PSP is NOTHING in Japan. DS is EVERYTHING. That's all that matters to me.
    exactly. In Japan but 99% of the people on this board don't live in Japan and it's not as big a cultural phenomenon here. If that were the case no one would have 360s but plenty of people here do.

Hey has anyone seen these quiet intresting? Bootlegs!

And I hope this isn't someone pulling our leg and I hope this makes it's way to America. Yeah I'm looking at you Nintendo/Pokemon Crystal. I say I hope this is real cause the bottom image jumps around alot and doesn't ever seem to synch up with what's going on.

Last edited by AeroStratos88; September 28, 2006 at 02:58pm.

Well, the best selling games on the PSP are the best selling games on the PS2. Is that what you want on the DS? Because I don't. I don't want a GTA game nor do I want a SOCOM game. Sorry, I just don't have time to play these games. I stupidly bought X-Men Legends 2 for the PSP because I thought I would enjoy playing it on the plane while going to Hawaii. BIG mistake. I couldn't play a game that requires so much playtime on such a small screen. Seriously, I wish I did so that I didn't waste 49.99 on a portable game that I haven't touched since then (my trip to Hawaii was in January).

You're point is that there aren't any unique games on the DS and that they are all rehashes or something you can do in real life...well, what about the PSP? You redicule the DS for having Mario Kart, but the PSP is pretty much the PS2 just on a small screen. Same games, same price, same gameplay. The PSP is trying to mimic the DS....they have a dog simulator game...they are releasing brain training games...and one of the best PSP games is a puzzle game (Lumines) which the DS has plenty of. Again, I hate to compare the PSP and the DS, but you keep looking down on the DS like it's in the "handheld gutter" and then start making comparisons and it's not right.

On a different note, does anyone know when the GPS add-on for the PSP is coming out? At least I'll be able to say I bought my PSP for something other than to put it in my drawer.

Well, the best selling games on the PSP are the best selling games on the PS2. Is that what you want on the DS? Because I don't. I don't want a GTA game nor do I want a SOCOM game. Sorry, I just don't have time to play these games. I stupidly bought X-Men Legends 2 for the PSP because I thought I would enjoy playing it on the plane while going to Hawaii. BIG mistake. I couldn't play a game that requires so much playtime on such a small screen. Seriously, I wish I did so that I didn't waste 49.99 on a portable game that I haven't touched since then (my trip to Hawaii was in January).

You're point is that there aren't any unique games on the DS and that they are all rehashes or something you can do in real life...well, what about the PSP? You redicule the DS for having Mario Kart, but the PSP is pretty much the PS2 just on a small screen. Same games, same price, same gameplay. The PSP is trying to mimic the DS....they have a dog simulator game...they are releasing brain training games...and one of the best PSP games is a puzzle game (Lumines) which the DS has plenty of. Again, I hate to compare the PSP and the DS, but you keep looking down on the DS like it's in the "handheld gutter" and then start making comparisons and it's not right.

On a different note, does anyone know when the GPS add-on for the PSP is coming out? At least I'll be able to say I bought my PSP for something other than to put it in my drawer.

Well you argument would hold water if Sony were the ones putting out these so called rip offs of Nintendo franchises. But they aren't they are third party developers. I see how one can get confused by such since they are almost and have been non existent on Nintendo consoles for a while. Games you've already played before on PSP huh, so what is Final Fantasy on the DS/GBA. Cause PSP has Monster Hunter Freedom which is huge in Japan and Monster Hunter Freedom 2 coming out soon. Final Fantasy:Crisis Core, Elder Scrolls on it's way, Valkryie Profile, Not to mention tons of sports games that the DS just can't do right. So we have RPGs, Sports games. Lets not forget the Genensis collection which is coming out on both PS2/PSP which will let you play everything the Wii is getting in virtual console and charging 5 bucks per game for, for about 30 bucks which comes with Alex Kidd: The Enchanted Castle, Altered Beast, Bonanza Bros, Columns, Comix Zone, Decap Attack, Ecco the Dolphin, Ecco: The Tides of Time, Ecco Jr., Eternal Champions, Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star III, Phantasy Star IV, Ristar, Shadow Dancer: Secret of Shinobi, Shinobi III, Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Super Thunderblade, Sword of Vermillion, Vectorman, Vectorman 2, Virtua Fighter 2
    Zaxxon, Tac/Scan, and Zektor.

And uhm GTA Liberty Stories was original and ported to the PS2 not the other way around. And uhm There's MGS:Special Ops, Daxter, and tons of other Original IPS on the system.

Howdy

AeroStratos name me one PSP game more original than Another Code or Wario Ware Twisted or Nintendogs or Brain Training etc. You won't be able to. At tleast the DS is offering something new, the fact that you don't like doesn't mean it is not original.

Chris M

Well, to reply to some of the specific games that you mentioned:

Mario 64 DS: True, it is a port of an existing game. But it is a port of a retro game, with some new features added to it... and Not a watered down version of a game that is available for the current home system (it is more similar to the re-releases of the old Super Mario Bros. games for GBA under the Super Mario Advance title). Honestly, I always felt that the N64 verison was missing something, and the additional characters added to this version made me appreciate the game much more than I did the first time around. ............. some games such as Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for PSP are the few that interest me as they take an older game and add some new features to it.

New Super Mario Bros.: Sure, its another Mario game. But it is the first completely new side-scrolling Mario game since the Super Mario World hit the SNES. Plus, Nintendo has always been good, IMO, with taking each new Mario game and bringing something new to the table with it, while keeping the basics the same. Granted, it doesn't utilize the touch screen much, but I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. While it is a big part of the DS, every game shouldn't be pigeon-holded to have to use it. I mean, some games for both the DS and PSP (or even the home console systems) don't use all of the 6 to 8 buttons on the controller..... they are just there incase you do need them. The touch screen is no exception.

Mario Kart... ok, you have a point on this one not being much different, but that's a rule that I feel applies to almost all racing games. I mean, you can add as many new graphics and features as you want, but at the end of the day there's only so much that you can do to improve upon having cars driving around in a circle (or something similar) on a track. The same arguement could even apply to games like Gran Taurismo.
    .... Plus, while I DO have the DS version of Mario Kart, its not a game that I have bought for every system. The only other version of it that I have is for N64. I never had the original SNES version (I only played friends' copies who had it back in the day), or the GCN version, or the GBA version. So, for me it was still kind of new in the sense that I hadn't played every single update to the series.

I admit, Brain Age kind of sucks, but that's not really a game I personally care about. If other's like it, more power to them. I have it, but only because I got it with that free-bee deal at Best Buy for buying the DS Lite, which I was going to buy anyway.

Nintendogs, ok, its a novelty item.

Some other games that have come out for it are fun though. I like Super Princess Peach. It had some traditonal Mario elements with some new fun twists and features. It was familiar, yet a game all its own.

Viewtiful Joe... which, granted, didn't significantly reinvent the wheel compared to its GCN and PS2 counterparts, but they did manage to utilize the touch screen in some interesting new ways.

Sonic Rush... which is more of a traditonal 2D Sonic game, the likes of which they no longer make for console systems. So, I have no regrets buying that.

Even if the differences between the Nintendo console versions of some games and their portable counterparts aren't night and day.... they are still different enough to give you a new experience and give it something of a renewal... and most of the ports of exisitng games with new features are older ones that kind of revive something that I haven't played in a while, with a new refreshing twist.

On the other hand, PSP for the most part (there are some exceptions, though not many), has basically the same games (or EXTREMELY similar ones) coming out for it that area already on PS2, only they tend to be watered down editions with fewer features, etc. Instead of taking the basic concept and changing it for a portable experience and giving it sort of a new revival or twist, they just take what is already there, strip out whatever they can't fit on the little portable discs, and call it a day. I can't exactly stand up for a system that does that.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; October 2, 2006 at 04:58pm.

Howdy

Two quick questions.

1. Is there any word on when Twilight Princess for the Cube will be released in Europe?

2. Will I need to buy a Memory card to save my game data on my Wii? Or will the 512mb flash memory store it?

Thanks

Chris M

Memory card, no. Since it accepts SD cards, i'm assuming Nintendo will let us save games to those.

the 512 mb flash memory is for other things i think (opera browser etc)

I cannot WAIT for November 19th.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Rehashes and old games are rehashes and old games no matter how you twist it. It's on both the DS and the PSP and you complained that the DS has all of these ports and all I did was say the PSP has them too. Who cares if Nintendo is the one developing/publishing! If people will buy the games, then great. The video game industry is a business -- just ask Sony...isn't that the reason why they chose Blue Ray? So that they could get early adoption for that media format? It's strategy and it's called making money.

GTA Liberty Stories and whatever else GTA Side Story game that is being released on the PSP plays just like the PS2...right? It's the same argument you are trying to pull with Mario Kart...except the DS has online play and the GameCube doesn't. Sports games...who even plays sports games on handhelds? Even the Madden games don't sell millions on the PSP. Final Fantasy III was revamped with 3D graphics (we're not talking GBA so don't bring those other FF titles in this ).

Dynamo named a couple great games on the DS...Sonic Rush is a great game and is not a port. Super Mario Bros. is fun to play as well. Trauma Center is really hard, but very unique. So I mean, for every port or rehash or whatever you want to call it, there is a unique, and enjoyable DS game.

And there might be some for the PSP (like Lumines...best game on the PSP by far!), but I just don't see myself playing X-Men Legends 2 on a small screen when I could play the same exact version (sans the extra character) on the PS2, XBOX, or GameCube...for the same price (may be even lower) might I add.

Nintendo won't drop the price cause they don't need to. It will sell in Japan regardless just like the PS3 will. Sony didn't do this cause of the Wii. They did it in no doubt to response of MS selling the 360 there way cheap with 2 packed in games and an extra controller well under the US Core price. That's desperation. And Sony is making sure MS has no chance in Japan.

anyway.. Heres a tidbit about the Red Steel.

While it's no secret that the Wii doesn't have the sheer processing power of the Xbox 360 of the PS3, this interview with Epic's Mark Rein makes it a bit easier to understand -- "it's not Intel integrated graphics, but it's pretty far below the kind of min-bar of Unreal Engine 3." Previously, Epic had been considering using Unreal Engine 3 on the Wii, which at that point was still the Revolution.

He goes on to admit that Unreal Engine 3 wouldn't run on the original Xbox, or the PS2, but it is being used for subsequent games on the next-gen versions of both of those consoles.
    Everytime somebody quotes Mark Rein, a little piece of me inside dies just that little more.

He's a nice enough guy, but all he's interested in is getting your million bucks to license a poorly written "game engine" called Unreal. He'll go to any lengths to get you on the Unreal bandwagon.

I remember being at a UE developer conference about two years ago for UE 2/2.5. Lots of developers had shelled out a lot of money to attend in the hope that the guys who had written the engine could help them address some really crippling problems they were having.

But what infact happened was that we were subjected to three days of talks about UE3.

From what I hear, UE3 is still a poorly written piece of crap. It's just UE 2/2.5 with a visual scripting interface and an already outdated shader engine. I've heard stories of devs having to re-write whole chuncks of an engine that they have already paid for because it just doesn't work the way it should.

So please people....do this (now out of work) games programmer a favour and not mention Mark Rein again
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt
    Memory card, no. Since it accepts SD cards, i'm assuming Nintendo will let us save games to those.

the 512 mb flash memory is for other things i think (opera browser etc)

I cannot WAIT for November 19th.
    Howdy

So I could buy and use this:

http://www.directfoto.co.uk/shop/pro...-Card-1Gb.aspx

Chris M

EDIT: Reggie: We can be market leader again

REggie talks about the upcoming launch of Wii ni America and how he hopes Ninty can reclaim the No 1 spot
    Last edited by shigsy2003; September 29, 2006 at 12:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003
    Howdy

So I could buy and use this:

http://www.directfoto.co.uk/shop/pro...-Card-1Gb.aspx

Chris M
    theoretically, yes. If you want, I already have a couple SD cards sitting around my house and I can try it on Nov 19th when it comes out and let you know then (as the European launch is after the North American one).
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

And there might be some for the PSP (like Lumines...best game on the PSP by far!), but I just don't see myself playing X-Men Legends 2 on a small screen when I could play the same exact version (sans the extra character) on the PS2, XBOX, or GameCube...for the same price (may be even lower) might I add.
    Exactly. And the problem is that most of the content available for PSP (first and third party) seems to be along the lines of how X-men Legends 2 is... almost the exact same game, only on a smaller screen and more limited (apparently in this case there's an extra character, but that's probably to try and make up for the game lacking in other areas). And often times for the same price if not more. It's just insane.

Now, Nintendo's portables may have a rehash here and there. I am not saying that Nintendo never has a rehash at all. But most of the time, Nintendo will take their existing franchises and still try to bring a new feature or some kind of element of originality to it for the portable systems.
    This was evident back in the old NES/Gameboy days. The Super Mario Land games were similar to the NES and SNES Mario games, but still had a flavor all their own. This trend has continued over the years, and is still true today.

I often look at everything in the video game sections at stores, including the PSP section, and I am just astonished at how much PSP content is just watered down ports of PS2 games or straight up rehashes. I even was at EB Games not to long ago, a guy came in who has a PSP, was looking at the games, and (in a friendly manner) asked the people working there "Why don't you have any good PSP games?" to which they replied, "Because they don't make any."

Now, obviously this is all a matter of individual taste and opinion. If someone loves the stuff out for PSP, hey more power to them.

But all in all it just seems like the DS is stronger in many ways, and most people whom I talk to tend to prefer it over the PSP. So, it is what it is.

With all due respect, Aerostratos88, it just seems like you defend Sony for the sake of defending them. Now, I do not mean this as a personal attack or anything. It's more of a general observation based on your past posts in this and many other video game based threads.

If I recall correctly (and please correct me if I am wrong) you've said that you love gaming overall and just often defend Sony as much as you do because of how much everyone else around here tends to speak negatively of them. But we don't just arbitrarily bash them with no reason. In the case of PSP, the games just aren't worth it for most of us. Their products have a tendency to malfunction.

You often seem to grab at straws in order to make a counter arguement, and a few times even some of the sources you quote to back up your point have some other statement or comment in the mix that pretty much backs up the very point that you are trying to counter.

I mean, many of us (myself included) have gone on and on about the PS2 disc read errors, and how these problems are not nearly as prevelant with Nintendo's products. You then go on to say how Nintendo has problems, too (which I never denied that some units would have problem... just not nearly the same % as Sony), and you go on to post links to message board forums of people complaing about the Gamecube problems. I read these messages, and yes, they are having problems, but many of them are shocked by the problem making statements like how they know PS2 tends to have these problems, but not Nintendo... and in one case, a Gamestop employee mentions how his GCN had problems, and how it shocked him because at his store they frequently get calls about PS2's and Xbox's that have Malfunctioned, but almost Never Nintendo!

When I make my points about why I think the DS games are better and more original than those for PSP, most everyone can see where I am coming from, yet you grab at straws in an effort to make a counter arguement that most everyone else can see right through.

And based on your recent statements, you don't seem to think very highly of the DS. Which makes it seem very odd that you bought the original DS, then upgraded to the DS Lite, and were recently considering trading that one in for the new black version. For a system that you don't seem to think very highly of, you seem to like rebuying it a lot... (and the repurchase is NOT the result of the system malfunctioning or something).

The odd thing is that you've often shot down our arguements about the PS2 disc read errors as not being enough of a reason to bash the system. Yet, based on your whole logic of defending Sony because the rest of us are against them (and also speak negatively of Nintendo because the rest of us are in favor of them), I really get a strong feeling that if the rest of us were strongly in favor of Sony and against Nintendo, you'd not only be defending Nintendo, but you'd be using a lot of that same reasoning (including the disc errors) in your anti-Sony campaign that we are now.

Maybe I am wrong on this, and if so, then I digress. But if I'm not wrong, then that just kind of seems silly to me. The rest of us may have our biases, but at least we stick to them (and we only change them if we have a REAL reason for doing so... like a company that we hold in high regard becoming less reliable, or vice versa). We don't just arbitarily jump on one side or the other for the sheer sake of being against what everyone else thinks... to the point of almost completely bashing a system that we have bought twice and are considering buying a 3rd time (and for cosmetic reasons and not functionality problems like with PS2).
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 29, 2006 at 04:30pm.

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Something I was thinking of today that I thought I'd post here since we seem to be in a predominantly handheld discussion at the moment. I wonder if Nintendo will make a DS Player attachment for the Wii like the GBA Player attachment they made for Gamecube. When the Wii is released, I'm keeping my Gamecube solely because of the GBA Player. There are always games for the handhelds I want, but I tend to dislike the handhelds themselves. I hate those tiny screens.

I'd love to get New Super Mario Bros, the new Zelda (Phantom Hourglass?), and even the new Pokemon games Pearl/Diamond. But I'm not too inclined to drop $129 for a portable handheld system when somewhere down the line Nintendo might make some attachment for the Wii that'll play DS and GBA games.

Same thing with the PSP. I wish Sony would put out something so you could play those games on a regular TV. I'd really like to get the Mega Man X remake Maverick Hunter X.

It is my firm belief that all portable gaming systems should in some manner be able to hook up to a TV via AV cables so you can play the games on a TV should you be so inclined.