Page 231 of 351 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think its dumb we get the T rating in American but the UK gets the M rated game, I guess we can always import but its still a stupid thing to censor Jokers gun

You will have to let us know how it is, I forgot it was coming out so I will have to give it a rental
    Did they remove that Fatality entirely, or did they just change it so you see it from a different angle? I thought it was the latter, but I could be wrong. And is that the only difference between the T rated game here and the M rated game there?

If the difference is big enough, I guess I could see importing another PS3 version of the game (since PS3 games are not coded to regions, etc) after it drops down in price quite a bit.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Did they remove that Fatality entirely, or did they just change it so you see it from a different angle? I thought it was the latter, but I could be wrong. And is that the only difference between the T rated game here and the M rated game there?
    The fatality is still there you just don't see it (you do in the EU version), I would assume the only other changes were minor ones to the amount of violence (less blood or less appearance of injury)

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe has been submitted to the ESRB three times, making minor changes each time in order to move the game from a Mature rating to Teen. The most painful fatality in this process (pun intented), is that the Joker's awesome, awesome "bang" fatality (see it after the break) has been changed, as the final headshot is now performed offscreen.
    Thats why I think its dumb, Joker still blows the persons head off you just dont see it

But I do not think its worth the $$$$ to import it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

According to the IGN review, they also changed Deathstroke's fatality. Now after you perform the button combo, the screen goes black, and you hear a bunch of screaming/grunting, and when it comes back, the body's just laying there on the ground.

Lame.

EDIT: Found a vid on YouTube with all the fatalities on it (Save for Shao Khan & Darkseid) Most are pretty lame, but there are a few decent ones still included. The IGN review was off (or I read it wrong) about Deathstroke's fatality. Similar to the Joker's, he shoots his gun at his opponent, but the impact happens offscreen.

For those who don't care about spoilers, here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKXnKHAIYgg
    Last edited by Skullface; November 17, 2008 at 05:26pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Deathstroke is vicious

I think its ironic they censor him using the gun but have no problem with him breaking Wonder Womans neck
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Deathstroke is vicious

I think its ironic they censor him using the gun but have no problem with him breaking Wonder Womans neck
    Or impaling her with a sword.

Well, this is completely wishful thinking on my part, but perhaps we will get lucky and there will be some kind of a code to enter into the game to uncensor the censored content.

The Fatalities, themselves, are still there. They just skewed the angles or whatever.

Maybe it could end up being a similar situation to the Sega Genesis version of MK1 which at the time was rated MA-13 in Sega's rating system (which is equivelant to a T rating now). The game, by default, was stripped down in terms of the gory content, but a simple code added it all back in.

It would be nice if they end up having a loophole like that. Esspecially since it seems that the content is still there as far as I can tell.

Boom Blox 2 confirmed

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_s...onic-arts.html
    The Blueprint model is also being used on a previously undisclosed, but none-too-surprising, project: "Boom Blox 2." (not the official title) Apparently work is already underway on a sequel to the spring's innovative Wii puzzle game, which got very good reviews (especially from me) and and sold decently, last we heard

Well, I just contacted M$ to send me a coffin for my 360. I haven't gotten the official RRoD, but the video keeps getting messed up, and from what I've read online, that's a sign that it's only a matter of time before I end up getting it. Been doing the towel trick weekly for the last month, and I'm sick of it. With only 6 months left on my 3-years, I figured what the heck, either they'll send me a fixed/re-furbed unit that will hopefully work, or they'll send it back untouched, which doesn't put me out anything more than I already am.

If all else fails, I'll get some Target gift cards for X-Mas, and give them to my buddy to pick me up an Arcade unit with the gift cards, his 10% discount, and hopefully a 10% Target rewards certificate. So for the $100 I'd have to pay to get it fixed, I can spend the same $$$ and get a new one with the better chipset/heatsink.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Well, I just contacted M$ to send me a coffin for my 360. I haven't gotten the official RRoD, but the video keeps getting messed up, and from what I've read online, that's a sign that it's only a matter of time before I end up getting it. Been doing the towel trick weekly for the last month, and I'm sick of it. With only 6 months left on my 3-years, I figured what the heck, either they'll send me a fixed/re-furbed unit that will hopefully work, or they'll send it back untouched, which doesn't put me out anything more than I already am.

If all else fails, I'll get some Target gift cards for X-Mas, and give them to my buddy to pick me up an Arcade unit with the gift cards, his 10% discount, and hopefully a 10% Target rewards certificate. So for the $100 I'd have to pay to get it fixed, I can spend the same $$$ and get a new one with the better chipset/heatsink.
    Did you at least state in your request that you got the RROD? If you did, you should have no problem. I know it's not exactly ethical, but then again, it's not exactly ethical that M$ has a system with this many problems and dragged their feet to do anything about it, and only had half-a$$ed solutions (at least to start with) for fixing it.

Did you at least state in your request that you got the RROD? If you did, you should have no problem. I know it's not exactly ethical, but then again, it's not exactly ethical that M$ has a system with this many problems and dragged their feet to do anything about it, and only had half-a$$ed solutions (at least to start with) for fixing it.
    Yeah, the 3 Red Rings was my selection from the drop-down "select problem" box on the Xbox site. Came up as no charge, and I stated in the description field that I was sporadically getting system start errors. (Which I have - total loss of video upon bootup. It's not the video cable, as I brought my system to a friend's place and tried both his & his roommate's cables with the same result. Doing the towel trick fixes it for about a week) Also made sure to state that I got 3 red rings from time to time.

Sounds like from most people online, that as long as your system is still in the 3-year window, M$ really doesn't even bother attempting to fix yours to send back to you-they just grab one from their mountain of re-furbed units and send you one. (Sometimes switching out the casing to give you back the same serial #)

Sounds like from most people online, that as long as your system is still in the 3-year window, M$ really doesn't even bother attempting to fix yours to send back to you-they just grab one from their mountain of re-furbed units and send you one. (Sometimes switching out the casing to give you back the same serial #)
    Sounds like my last two dealings with Sony and Nintendo, they did not even check my systems they just threw them aside and sent me brand new ones

Glad you got it in before the warranty expired, worst comes to worst you did not pay for a fix so its no loss to you (as you said)

Yeah, that's the impression that I got when I sent mine in.

I think within roughly 24 hours (give or take) of them receiving my broken system, the replacement had been shipped out. The turn around time was really quick. Hopefully you end up having the same experience.

Hopefully they transfer your lisence rights for your downloaded content properly. They didn't do that correctly for mine. I ended up having to call them, and they had to do it manually (I had to wait a couple days), but they finally got it straightened out, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

On a separate note, I am getting the MK vs DC Kollector's Edition for 360 for even cheaper than before (in a round and about way).

As I previously stated, I had preordered both versions at a price of $59.99 from Amazon (as opposed to the usual $69.99). Anyway, the PS3 version shipped right away, but the 360 version did not. The 360 version showed as being in stock when just looking it up on Amazon, but my order was stuck in 'processing' for several days, with an estimated delivery date of Dec 5th. So, I emailed customer service, and asked why it hasn't shipped even though it's been in stock for several days. I checked my email later in the day, I got a shipping confirmation, and a response in which they apologized and gave me a $5 credit on my Amazon account, which was cool. I really wasn't looking for anything like that, I just wanted to have it ship right away.

The main reason for this is that I've decided to keep the 360 version, but I'm going to send back the PS3 version and get a refund. Since it is region free, I've decided to try to get the European PS3 version of the game to get the uncensored content.

Here's a concern of mine though... when download content eventually becomes available, will the American download content work with the European version of the game? It would be nice if it did, but if it doesn't, it's no biggie.

I can just get the DL content for the 360 version, and if sometime down the road I decide that I REALLY want to get that content for the PS3, then I'll just buy the American version for it after it gets to be really cheap.

On another separate note: Last night I used my Eye Toy camera from PS2, which I've had since it first came out, with Little Big Planet on the PS3, and was able to make some stickers using it, etc. I know it's not the best quality camera, and the newer PS3 version is probably better, but I don't want to spend the money to upgrade right now. It still worked well. Now I'll have to find various pop-culture properties to base levels on.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; November 20, 2008 at 08:37am.

Here's a concern of mine though... when download content eventually becomes available, will the American download content work with the European version of the game? It would be nice if it did, but if it doesn't, it's no biggie.

I can just get the DL content for the 360 version, and if sometime down the road I decide that I REALLY want to get that content for the PS3, then I'll just buy the American version for it after it gets to be really cheap.
    As far as I know the content is region locked HOWEVER you can easily set up a PSN UK account and if you buy the UK content it "should" run that

OK, I'm getting a PS3 soon. Which I am really happy about. It's my X-Mas gift to myself. Plus I want to get DC Universe Online when it comes out. While I don't have a HD tv yet. Is there anything I will need to buy extra that I will need or that doesn't come with the system?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    OK, I'm getting a PS3 soon. Which I am really happy about. It's my X-Mas gift to myself. Plus I want to get DC Universe Online when it comes out. While I don't have a HD tv yet. Is there anything I will need to buy extra that I will need or that doesn't come with the system?
    When you get an HDTV you will just need an HDMI cable, you can find them on ebay or amazon for less than $0.50 (do not buy them in stores or you will get ripped off because the price is ridiculous compared to online)

Got my tracking number from UPS for my coffin. So far, so good.....

As far as I know the content is region locked HOWEVER you can easily set up a PSN UK account and if you buy the UK content it "should" run that
    Really? How would one do that? Can I use American points cards to purchase things?

Really? How would one do that? Can I use American points cards to purchase things?
    Yeah you can use your US PS3 and sign up for the following PSN stores

* UK
    * Japan
    * Hong Kong
    * Australia

The steps are essentially

1. Set up a User Account on your PS3 for the country that you want using address details for that country. Use Google to find a valid address for the country that you're signing up to.

2. On your PS3 create a Store Account while still signed in to the newly created international User Account.

There are more detailed instructions online for how to set up the JP store (since all the text is in JP not English), and how to set up a US store for UK/EU users since it requires a credit or debit card with a US address.

I am not sure if Points cards are universal, I have never actually seen one in person. I know you can use JP PSN cards, but not sure how that works outside of a US->JP context

Sweet - my coffin is scheduled to arrive Friday.

Just noticed something that's been floating around the net. With the new 360 dash update, now allowing you to watch your streaming Netflix queue on your 360, Sony has pulled ALL their movies (Columbia & Tri-Star, as well as Sony Pictures) from this service. (You can still stream Sony stuff to your PC or set-top box)

More proof that Sony's trying to pull power plays in order to keep from losing revenue in the console wars. (Have you seen the cost of their HD rentals on PSN?) I wonder if Netflix will jump in and try to force something.

I read a funny analogy about this earlier today. The poster compared this move to say, if M$ told Sony they could no longer use Windows on any of their PCs.

Hi,

Is there any news if Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is coming out on America??, the last I read was that there were problems with the Tatsunoko character´s rights or something like that, but Capcom it supposed to be working intro bringing this game here.

I really hope we can have this game, I´ve seen videos, and the action looks awesome

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Hi,

Is there any news if Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is coming out on America??, the last I read was that there were problems with the Tatsunoko character´s rights or something like that, but Capcom it supposed to be working intro bringing this game here.

I really hope we can have this game, I´ve seen videos, and the action looks awesome

Later...
    No its not coming out as of right now, the rights issues are too big an issue.

Sven at Capcom USA is looking into it becasue many of the Tatsunoko rights have lapsed in America but the series that is still tripping them up is Gatchaman

With that said the latest videos are just insane. I know I have it preordered (using the Homebrew program GeckoOS to boot the import) as do a few others here

They are also releasing a arcade stick to use on the Wii

I love that joystick in theory, but I've never been able to use a joystick in fighting games due to accuracy issues. I just can't move my whole hand in the same way that I can move my thumb.

I got Day of Disaster over the weekend (had to import it from the UK)

Its a shame it has not been given a release date in the US, its like a very corny Metal Gear Solid, the controls are solid, the story is well done and the music is epic (I hope Nintendo releases it because it is beautiful)

The graphics are very polished Gamecube-esque, you can see some of the improvements of it being on Wii but its nothing like Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl and closer to Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0

Hopefully NOA changes their mind and brings it out, even if its just a budget release of $29-39

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Does anybody know when the PC release of Mirrors Edge is supposed to be? And for that matter, the release-date of Bionic Commando for the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I love that joystick in theory, but I've never been able to use a joystick in fighting games due to accuracy issues. I just can't move my whole hand in the same way that I can move my thumb.
    I'm the same, I prefer the pad over the joystick.