Page 244 of 351 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Awesome news on Marvel VS. Capcom 2. I'm sure that I'll be downloading it, even though I already have several system versions of it.

It would be nice if they would also release X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel vs. Capcom.

Those first two would be esspecially great since those never got proper console releases in the US previously.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    It's finally official:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/976/976793p1.html

Demo goes up this week!
    Its about time, its been rumored forever and even got a rating.

Awesome news on Marvel VS. Capcom 2. I'm sure that I'll be downloading it, even though I already have several system versions of it.

It would be nice if they would also release X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel vs. Capcom.

Those first two would be esspecially great since those never got proper console releases in the US previously.
    X-Men vs Street Fighter! That one was pure awesomeness
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm all for X-Men vs. Street Fighter getting released, provided it's the arcade version, and not a port of the crappy PS1 version.....

PS3 demo of MvC2 will be online in 2 days (April 30th)

PlayStation 3 will receive a demo of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on April 30th...this week!

PlayStation.blog has confirmed the PSN demo will have the following features:

* Two-player local matches
    * Seven selectable environments
    * Six available characters - Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Movie mayhem!
    Don't suppose we could have a yearly video game thread? Like they do with the seasonal picture threads? This thread is epic and all but getting through it is impossible.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Don't suppose we could have a yearly video game thread? Like they do with the seasonal picture threads? This thread is epic and all but getting through it is impossible.
    Actually it isnt.
    Just remember it is only a Wii thread and you'll be ok.

The only talk about 360-is its problems--everytime I mention a game, no one comments(maybe they don't like me)

Talk about PS3 happens a bit more, but not much.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    The only talk about 360-is its problems--everytime I mention a game, no one comments(maybe they don't like me)

Talk about PS3 happens a bit more, but not much.
    Usually 360 and PS3 games get their own threads (Street Fighter, MGS4, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV), see the recent Batman Asylum thread that was created.

This thread seems to get more talk about the Wii, PSP, DS, and just random video game announcements. The big Wii games get their own threads as well (Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy).

We thought about doing a yearly one but there is so little that goes on it would just get left behind.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Usually 360 and PS3 games get their own threads (Street Fighter, MGS4, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV), see the recent Batman Asylum thread that was created.

This thread seems to get more talk about the Wii, PSP, DS, and just random video game announcements. The big Wii games get their own threads as well (Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy).

We thought about doing a yearly one but there is so little that goes on it would just get left behind.
    It was MOSTLY a joke
    I just doent seem to have anyone to talk about 360 news with
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Movie mayhem!
    Oh ok so there can be seperate threads? I thought that any and all video console/game stuff had to go in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Oh ok so there can be seperate threads? I thought that any and all video console/game stuff had to go in this one.
    This is the way video game threads are handled, if they are really big games that will get a bunch of responses (Ghostbusters for example) then they usually can stay in their own thread so as not to make this thread so unreadable.

Its on a case by case basis, most misc video game threads that are started only last a week or so and then go to die by not having anyone comment on them. What we discourage is a "2009 Video Game Thread" or a "PS3 Video Game Thread" because it often repeats what is posted in this thread and its just easier to keep this one open.

But if its a big game that will probably get a lot of responses then usually we allow it to be its own thread.

But video game news (firmware updates, E3 conventions, sales numbers, etc) stay in this thread.

PS3 demo of MvC2 will be online in 2 days (April 30th)

PlayStation 3 will receive a demo of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on April 30th...this week!

PlayStation.blog has confirmed the PSN demo will have the following features:
    Unfortunately, they neglected to mention that the demo is ONLY 2-player local matches. (read: no single player or online play) Sucks for those of us who don't have any other gamers in the house....

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Unfortunately, they neglected to mention that the demo is ONLY 2-player local matches. (read: no single player or online play) Sucks for those of us who don't have any other gamers in the house....
    I found that out after downloading it last night. Real disappointment, especially since I hadn't played the game in ages.

I plan to buy the full game regardless....$14.99 is a good price considering the older console versions are going for such ridiculous prices....one of the games I'm willing to download rather than physically own just for that reason.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Yeah, I downloaded it last night and found that disapointing as well.

Though, I do already have the game for Dreamcast, Xbox, and PS2 (all bought in stores, not at inflated prices), so it's not like I can't play it in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    I found that out after downloading it last night. Real disappointment, especially since I hadn't played the game in ages.

I plan to buy the full game regardless....$14.99 is a good price considering the older console versions are going for such ridiculous prices....one of the games I'm willing to download rather than physically own just for that reason.
    It is a good price. Plus, I have a feeling that once this is released, the prices will likely come down on the physical copies for the older systems since the demand will likely be less. So, if you might then be able to get that version should you still want it.

I never had the chance to play this game originally, but after playing the ps3 demo...I must have it.

The 2 player only thing kind of sucks...player 2 just stands there while I beat the crap outta them, but fun was had.

Windows versions of Bionic Commando, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 releases announced. Two months til BC, and SFIV. RE5 By Holidays.

CAPCOM® PREPS A TRIPLE THREAT OF GAMING EXCELLENCE FOR WINDOWS®-BASED PERSONAL COMPUTERS

Resident Evil® 5, Street Fighter® IV and Bionic Commando® Coming to PC Starting This July

SAN MATEO, CA — May 1, 2009 -- Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that three of its blockbuster hit console games of 2009 will be coming to the PC beginning this summer. Bionic Commando®, Street Fighter® IV and Resident Evil® 5 will all be coming to the PC, beginning in July with Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando, while Resident Evil 5 comes later in the year. All three games will be optimized for the PC platform and will have new PC-specific features added to the already great games. Street Fighter IV has been rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), while Bionic Commando and Resident Evil 5 are both rated M for Mature. All three games will be available both at retail and via various digital distribution methods, including Capcom’s own e-store.

Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favorites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created for this game, such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter® 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Instantly familiar six-button controls are the hallmark of the game, with a host of new special moves and features. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting experience to fans the world over. The PC version of Street Fighter IV will feature online play, higher screen resolutions and three new shaders based on three of the “artistic” trailers released in 2008 that will change the visual appearance of the game: “watercolor,” “posterization” and “sumi-e ink” styles.

The first true sequel to the classic 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System® original, Bionic Commando sees the return of the bionically-enhanced Nathan "Rad" Spencer. Time has not been kind to Spencer: 10 years after his heroic defeat of the Imperials, he has been betrayed by the government he swore to serve, imprisoned for crimes he didn't commit, and sentenced to death. Bionic Commando transposes the swing-and-shoot gameplay of the 8-bit original onto a stunning 3D environment of towering buildings, suspended roadways and monorails, deep canyons and sheer rock faces, where every environment is scalable using swinging, scaling, climbing and wall-walking techniques. The PC version of Bionic Commando will support higher resolutions than the console version, remappable controls including mouse and keyboard support, support for both DirectX®9 and DirectX® 10 and online connectivity for multiplayer sessions.

In Resident Evil 5, returning hero Chris Redfield is sent to Africa to investigate a biological weapon that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by another local BSAA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the frightening turn of events. Featuring a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will let players experience fear together as terror moves out of the shadows and into the light of day. The PC version of Resident Evil 5 will feature online play for co-operative play sessions over the internet and will also take advantage of NVIDIA®’s new GeForce® 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately).
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Windows versions of Bionic Commando, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 releases announced. Two months til BC, and SFIV. RE5 By Holidays.
    Walmart has had the SFIV PC for preorder (I think it was $36) for the last month or so, and the three filter options are awesome!

I would really like to see how the 3-D glasses work with RE5

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sounds great! I've been waiting for these Capcom games to come to the PC for quite some time now!

Walmart has had the SFIV PC for preorder (I think it was $36) for the last month or so, and the three filter options are awesome!

I would really like to see how the 3-D glasses work with RE5
    Yeah, I am SO getting Windows SFIV. Capcom has ported, or licensed a port of every Street Fighter to Home Computers so far. The ones they ported themselves, or had a close watch over have all come out splendid. I don't doubt that this will be the definitive version as they say.

Also if it sells well (I think it will, it's a big enough franchise that even people who never play console games will get in on it) You can bet they'll probably make a downgraded Wii port. In fact in several interviews the SFIV team has said it's a scaleable enough game to do so.

My only regret is the game won't be cross compatible with 360, but considering it'll be ten bucks less, and may include the madcatz stick (Rumored) I guess I can't complain.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Yeah, I am SO getting Windows SFIV. Capcom has ported, or licensed a port of every Street Fighter to Home Computers so far. The ones they ported themselves, or had a close watch over have all come out splendid. I don't doubt that this will be the definitive version as they say.
    Even the ones they did not like RE4 had texture packs made available later which made them just as good if not better then their console counterparts.

I have to admit the PC version of RE5 is looking mighty tempting since it will only be a matter of time before someone uses Glovepie and makes it wiimote compatible as they have for RE4, Left 4 Dead, Half Life and many other PC games.

Also if it sells well (I think it will, it's a big enough franchise that even people who never play console games will get in on it) You can bet they'll probably make a downgraded Wii port. In fact in several interviews the SFIV team has said it's a scaleable enough game to do so.
    I agree, the producer said the game could even be scaled to work properly with no gameplay loss on the Gameboy

And it won't be too downgraded, only in graphics to which they could apply a watercolor filter like in Okami or some other tactics since Capcom has great experience on Nintendo's hardware (Tat vs Capcom, Resident Evil 4)

The more the better imho, there are not enough quality fighters out there

Red Steel 2 trailer leaked, this month the game was revealed in Nintendo Power and there are many rumors there will be a E3 presentation on it

Here's an interesting article:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...l-2013/1311594

Basically, it's an anayst stating that we may see a Hi-Def Wii in 2010, and that the next generation of systems likely won't happen until 2013.

I hope he is right. Honestly, having the new crop of systems coming out roughly every 5 years is really getting old and pricey, especially with how much the systems cost this last time around compared to the previous generation.

Plus, I think we aren't that far off from the graphics getting so good that there won't be much more room for improvement.

And with the loss these companies are taking on these systems in most cases, the longer they are around, the better off they will be.

Basically, it's an anayst stating that we may see a Hi-Def Wii in 2010, and that the next generation of systems likely won't happen until 2013.
    I can see that, by 2010 Motion + will be out for almost a year and Nintendo has never been against HD they just said it was not cost effective in 2006 which they were 100% correct. I can easily see a HD Wii with M+ as a standard pack-in and a larger internal hard drive (Basically a Wii Elite)

The PS3 is not even close to being over, I doubt we see a PS4 before 2012. Same with the 360, which would more than likely get a slimmed down case (and hopefully fix the RROD once and forall) as well as some of their big legacy games (Gears of War, Halo 3, etc) bundled in.

Duke Nukem Forever is probably dead for good now, guess thats what happens when you don't finish a game for 13 years

A very reliable source with inside knowledge of Duke Nukem Forever developer 3D Realms today told Shacknews that the company has been shut down.
    The closure came about as a result of funding issues, our source explained, with the shut down said to affect both 3D Realms and the recently resurrected Apogee name.

Phone calls and e-mails to various 3D Realms veterans have thus far gone unanswered, with publishing partner Take-Two likewise unavailable for comment.

3D Realms was founded in 1987 by Scott Miller and George Broussard. The company had infamously been working on Duke Nukem Forever over the past 13 years.

I can see that, by 2010 Motion + will be out for almost a year and Nintendo has never been against HD they just said it was not cost effective in 2006 which they were 100% correct. I can easily see a HD Wii with M+ as a standard pack-in and a larger internal hard drive (Basically a Wii Elite)

The PS3 is not even close to being over, I doubt we see a PS4 before 2012. Same with the 360, which would more than likely get a slimmed down case (and hopefully fix the RROD once and forall) as well as some of their big legacy games (Gears of War, Halo 3, etc) bundled in.

Duke Nukem Forever is probably dead for good now, guess thats what happens when you don't finish a game for 13 years
    I think everyone knew that game was never going to make it out by the time Serious Sam II had a joke about it.

That said, I'm sad to see Apogee (3DRealms) go down. They put out so many great PC games during my high school heyday. They even put out a pretty competent Super Mario Kart Clone called Wacky Wheels.

However Duke Nukem despite how much of an 80's action movie parody the property had always been, is still remembered pretty fondly. With the exception of the PSOne "Planet of the babes" all of the games were better than average, and I think the character still works in a Spike TV kinda way.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if a publisher or developer buys all of the DN IP's, and old games.
    With the success of id's old games on services like Steam, and community projects like Zdoom, I wouldn't rule out the day when we do indeed see a Duke game. But don't ever expect that game to be Duke Nukem forever.

If anyone still wants a REAL Post Duke3D game however, you can't go wrong with Duke Nukem The Manhattan Project. It came out around 2002 , and combined the Contra inspired 2D Duke Nukem gameplay, with the R rated feel of Duke 3D. In the game, This guy, Mech Morphix invents this deadly bio sludge, and holds NYC hostage. Most of the Duke3d bad guys return, and you still have to save chicks. If you can find it it's totally worth playing.
    It even comes with a NYC subway token replica (They have a credit card kinda system these days) which of course sports some Duke inspired changes.
    The Deviot

-?

SFIV for PC gets a cool controller bundle, I was already leaning towards this version for the 3 graphic filters but I think the controller sealed the deal

July 7 2009 $59.99

SFIV for PC gets a cool controller bundle, I was already leaning towards this version for the 3 graphic filters but I think the controller sealed the deal

July 7 2009 $59.99

I'm In. I was in anyway, but a free xbox gamepad seals it. I can have a second player not have to try playing with the Keyboard lol
    The Deviot

-?

In case no one knows, there is a Duke Nukem game coming out for the PSP.