Page 250 of 350 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 8737

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I don't think I could justify a new Wii just to get it in black, but I'd be all over replacing my Wiimotes and Nunchucks with black ones.
    Those will be out the same day, 8/1 launches the MH3 Black Bundle, and separately black wiimotes, black nuchucks, and the black and white classic controllers.

Good thing about the controllers is they are region free, I expect we will get this stuff all next year some time as part of a slow hardware "refresh" since sales in the US are still record breaking month to month

But my god, Kojima doing Castlevania?!?!?!?! I can hardly wait to see my favorite series finally get just the push it needs as it has struggled trying to evolve into 3D.

I'm just a little worried about the fact that it's not connected to any other games in the series. I don't know if that just means it's literally not connected to a specific previous entry, or if that means no Belmonts, no Dracula's curse, etc.
    At least we know with Kojima at the helm the new CV will not be lacking for story!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    At least we know with Kojima at the helm the new CV will not be lacking for story!
    The first thing I actually noticed was the character art direction-nice to see Castlevania male characters not look like androgynous man-women.

OK. This is cool. Conan's new set background is actually a Super Mario world:

What I am really really looking forward to is Project Natal on the 360 because that looks so cool.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    The first thing I actually noticed was the character art direction-nice to see Castlevania male characters not look like androgynous man-women.
    I love the way the concept art for the MGS series looked, and it's good to see this game is following a similar path (at least the one piece of concept art I saw was in the MGS style).

I'm extremely excited for this game. I just played through Super Castlevania IV, and I think it might be time to pull out SotN soon.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    OK. This is cool. Conan's new set background is actually a Super Mario world:
    Oh wow! That is so cool! Was that intentional, or did someone just line those pics up after the fact?

Either way, it's cool. I'm a big Conan fan and am thrilled that he's on earlier now. I'll be watching him much more now than ever before!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Picked up Wii Motion + and Grand Slam Tennis today, it is so freaking awesome.

I feel like I am playing competitive in school again, I took the game online and won a match with no lag 3-0. Never once did M+ not do what I was doing, its like Wii Sports Tennis how it should be since it detected every move I made with my wrist and direction I was aiming.

If you guys like Tennis you need to check this game out with the M+ add-on, I am online as markatisu
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Anybody get the new wii indy game? Just want to know if it is worth a buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    Anybody get the new wii indy game? Just want to know if it is worth a buy.
    I will not get to try it out till next week, but here is the first 10min of the Wii version if you want to see what its like.

I am hearing the PSP and Wii versions are great (plus the Wii version comes with the old point and click Indy game as a bonus) but stay away from the PS2 version

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I will not get to try it out till next week, but here is the first 10min of the Wii version if you want to see what its like.

I am hearing the PSP and Wii versions are great (plus the Wii version comes with the old point and click Indy game as a bonus) but stay away from the PS2 version
    I've been playing the PSP version of the new Indy game, and I have to give a big thumbs down. The controls are so clunky, and they break levels up into several "missions" that are so short, you constantly feel like you're at loading screens, removing you from being immersed in the game play. I'm hoping the Wii version is good though......

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    has anyone upgraded there ps3's hd and is it easy enough, i'm running out of space and was looking into it. but honestly i don't want to fubar up my console, can't afford a new one
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    has anyone upgraded there ps3's hd and is it easy enough, i'm running out of space and was looking into it. but honestly i don't want to fubar up my console, can't afford a new one
    I upgraded mine to a 500GB drive about a month ago. It's real easy. The only thing to be careful with is removing the 4 screws from the drive cage. They're REALLY tight, and the screws will strip easily if you don't take care. I suggest using a set of pliers to loosen the 4 screws, and then remove them. The whole process of swapping the hard drive consists of:

1. Pop off the plastic cover covering the hard drive bay
    2. Remove the blue screw you will see
    3. Slide and remove the hard drive cage
    4. CAREFULLY remove the 4 screws from the drive cage
    5. Remove old hard drive from cage and replace with the new one
    6. Replace the 4 screws back into the drive cage
    7. Insert and slide drive cage back into the PS3
    8. Replace the blue screw
    9. Replace the plastic drive bay cover

Done! All in all, it should take between 5-10 minutes. The PS3 will detect a new drive and format itself when you turn it back on. Make sure to back up anything you want to keep before doing so. Game saves, media, etc. Don't bother saving game install data, as it won't copy back over, and you'll have to reinstall it anyway. Anything from your PSN store history can be re-downloaded.
    Last edited by Skullface; June 11, 2009 at 12:12pm.

FYI to anyone considering getting the PS3. Amazon's gold box deal of the day today is the current standard 80GB PS3 for $349.99.

In case no one is aware of this you can download the song, The Touch, for free if you have guitar hero world tour. It's the same one from the animated Transformers movie.

Scored some golden age gaming gear. Long story, but I'll post pics soon

Edit: Pics!

Last edited by TheDeviot; June 16, 2009 at 03:09am.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

sweet! get any games with them? aside from possibly the one in the first pic, i mean.

That's pretty sweet, I love seeing old dusty Atari's.

Anyone picking up Ghostbusters for the 360? I've heard mixed reviews so far.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

GR81 says:

Like HordakQuack said, who is getting the Ghostbusters game today?
    I know i am for the PS3.

I also want the blu-ray version of the film, but i already got the DVD one's... what do i do ? hehe
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Upgrade to Blu-Ray of course!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    sweet! get any games with them? aside from possibly the one in the first pic, i mean.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

awesome. it's hard to read the labels on most of the games, but i can see you have a few that i remember liking.

Intellevision was my first system (not counting Pong). Man I loved that old machine.

Wii Grand Slam Tennis with Motion plus anyone?
    Just bought the game and practicing tennis

Mario Kart Wii 3222-5679-3227
    Wii : 1387-4766-1567-1633

My DELL Studio 1535 review at youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEuf0...e=channel_page
    A+ traders
    Man-E-Toys, toyjesus, jesstertwo, StaticX999, SirBushnell, bluecyclone, ghostface, Troy-Klops

So, thoughts on Ghostbusters yet? I'm picking it up for PS3, but I spent too much on Hordak yesterday, so I probably won't get it until next week.

I'm picking up my copy after work today.

Yesterday I got a nice prerecorded message from Dan Akroyd letting me know that my copy will be in at Gamestop today.