Page 252 of 351 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Gamestop will offer a retail package for Marvel vs Capcom 2 on August 13 for $19.99

Included are

* Redemption Code for full game
    * DVD case with sleeve
    * Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
    * 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
    * 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
    * 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions
    I bet a lot of people that bought this game on eBay are really ticked off now. Some of those went in the hundreds of dollars. I got $95 for mine a couple of years ago.
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson View Post
    You want to play PS2 keep your PS2 out. I have a PS3, so lets worry about ways to make the online play more stable, party chat, DLC for current games (unlike Fallout 3). Not waste space in the store with PS1 and PS2 downloads.
    Because they only have one set of people to work on any project at a given time, right? It's like saying why are we making better tvs when we should be trying to cure cancer.

My ps2 is BC and I love it. It's great not to have to use memory cards and be able to do everything on a single system. I just don't have the space to have so many systems out. And from the people I know who want a ps3, they all expected to be backwards compatible. They all (myself included) play ps2 games still and it's nice to have everything in one game system when possible.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson View Post
    You want to play PS2 keep your PS2 out. I have a PS3, so lets worry about ways to make the online play more stable, party chat, DLC for current games (unlike Fallout 3). Not waste space in the store with PS1 and PS2 downloads.
    I would have to disagree; the virtual console on the Wii has been a pretty big hit. The chances are, if you have a PS3, you were probably owned a PS1 and there were lots of games that you used to enjoy playing, and still want to play.

Just because you're not so big on it, doesn't mean that everybody else isn't. And the last time that I looked, there weren't any PS2 downloads in the store.

The PSN is probably a bigger driver of PS3 titles with extra content than the 360 or Wii. How many full-blown titles can you buy over Live? Does Live offer a game of the quality of Wipeout HD, for less than 20 euros?

The PSN and Sony's whole on-line presence while far from being perfect, is to my mind, already very good and getting better all the time. I've never had any stability issues and my main problem with the content of the store, is that there is just so much that I want to buy!

Sony have some five years worth of experience to make up compared to MS. The features take time to implement, while making sure that it doesn't impact on the quality of the games being played.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with Iron Avatar. Emulated backwards compatibility would be a good thing.

I have the original 80GB model (from the Motorstorm bundle) that has backwards compatibilty, but I am paranoid about what would happen if it ever dies out.

Backwards compatibility becomes an option on newer models, then that would be awesome. Sure, the newer ones don't have the slots for the various types of memory sticks and only have half the number of USB ports, but that's not the biggest deal. You can get USB hubs to ad more ports and adapters to plug memory sticks in via the USB ports. So, backwards compatibility is the only thing functionally that cannot be done someway, somehow right now.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Iron Avatar. Emulated backwards compatibility would be a good thing.
    The only thing that worries me, is that I don't know if the newer PS3 models have the required hardware for PS2 emulation. Even though the euro models like mine, have most of it done in software, they still need to package a PS2 GS chip due to a limitation in the PS3 hardware.

I'm not sure how you could get around the limitation (the PS2 video memory has bandwidth of around 40GB/s where are the PS3 video memory only has a round 20GB/s).

Oh, wait. You know what, I'm being a doofus.

There IS a way to get around this, if you don't rely on the PS3's video hardware for anything other than displaying the frame buffer. You just write an emulated GS library using the SPU's which all have a sustained read/write capability of around 25GB/s a second. You could just use two of the SPU's making them dedicated to software rendering, while the others emulate the various bit of the EE.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAvatar View Post
    There IS a way to get around this, if you don't rely on the PS3's video hardware for anything other than displaying the frame buffer. You just write an emulated GS library using the SPU's which all have a sustained read/write capability of around 25GB/s a second. You could just use two of the SPU's making them dedicated to software rendering, while the others emulate the various bit of the EE.
    It would have to be something like that as there wont be any added hardware (thats the entire reason for taking it out in the first place was it cost too much)

My concern with software emulation is the same thing that plagues the 360, the fact that not all games will work.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It would have to be something like that as there wont be any added hardware (thats the entire reason for taking it out in the first place was it cost too much)

My concern with software emulation is the same thing that plagues the 360, the fact that not all games will work.
    But software emulation is something that can be fixed and improved on, all of the time. The problem with the PS2 is that it was such a complex piece of hardware so that it could achieve the maximum processing power, without resorting to the massive clock speeds.

Sony had been working on software emulation since before the launch of the PS3. It really irks me to think that they discontinued the project, when they could have made such massive progress over the couple of years.

Gamestop will offer a retail package for Marvel vs Capcom 2 on August 13 for $19.99

Included are

* Redemption Code for full game
    * DVD case with sleeve
    * Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
    * 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
    * 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
    * 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions
    Will they be doing this for both systems?

Will they be doing this for both systems?
    So far its just been announced for the PS3, I think because that version of the game launches first.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I've got a bluetooth headset now so I can play GB online on the ps3. If anyone wants to, let me know. I'm currently playing through it again on Experienced trying to get the 3 million in damage and all the artifacts. I'm stuck on the Collector fight right now. Egon and Ray keep standing right next to each other so when he attacks they both get hit and usually they both go down at the same time and I get killed trying to revive one of them

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I've got a bluetooth headset now so I can play GB online on the ps3.
    You don't need the headset just to play online. I've been playing online since I got the game and don't have a headset.

There's nothing wrong with having one, but it's not necessary.

You don't need the headset just to play online. I've been playing online since I got the game and don't have a headset.

There's nothing wrong with having one, but it's not necessary.
    Yeah but I figured it would make things easier. I wanted to get one at some point anyways.

Started a seperate Conduit thread to keep it from hijacking talk of other gaming goodness.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173181

Oh, and Street Fighter IV for Windows is coming out in a few DAYS.
    Get that wired 360 pad set. Also, Better FX, Higher Res, and only $40. Even less if you order it on Steam!
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Anyone doing the Pepsi Rockband promotion? I found a cap at work last night and entered it a second ago and won a free track download. I dunno if it works for rockband 2 or not.

PC Version out now!

The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    i took the plunge with all the overtime money i just got (god does it suck working 175 hours in the last 3 weeks) and got myself a PS# (bundled with LBP and Wall-E on blu-ray). plus i picked up infamous too. best splurge i've had on myself in a while.
    Congrats, its a really great system. You should check out some of its earlier games that are now lowered in price (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank are two examples)

PSN has some really good demos as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot
    PC Version out now!
    Sweet, you know more and more I am leaning towards PC versions of the games as they seem to be the ones with added bonuses and have any bugs fixed.

Congrats, its a really great system. You should check out some of its earlier games that are now lowered in price (Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank are two examples)

PSN has some really good demos as well.
    Don't forget Metal Gear Solid 4 & Ninja Gaiden Sigma. (Even though Sigma is just a Special Edition of NG Black for Xbox)

mgs4 is on the list even though i've not really played a mgs game in forever.
    Even if MGS as a series isn't your thing, it's worth it for the multiplayer and sheer graphical beauty alone. Definitely a showcase game, if nothing else.....

rachet & clank is after infamous.
    Remember there are two of them, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is the 1st PS3 game, then its add-on (continues the story) Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty was released over PSN, with the final part coming out this fall Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Sweet, you know more and more I am leaning towards PC versions of the games as they seem to be the ones with added bonuses and have any bugs fixed.
    Picked it up, will play it in a few, give summations later.
    The Deviot

-?

Congrats on the new PS3 purchase as I've had mine since 07' and its been the BEST purchase I have gotten and that with my Wii I have as well. I love my PS3 and Wii but my PS3 is my baby that sits in my bedroom. I love the Wii with Mario Kart.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Well if anyone wants to read my detailed thoughts on SFIV for Windows they're up on my blog

Here are some screencaps!

I played @ 1680x1050 with AA off, Shadows off, Motion Blur set to Low, everything else maxed. Hovered around 60fps the whole time.
    If I played with AA maxed (Haven't tried in between) Shadows maxed (Haven't tried any in between setting yet) Motion Blur on High, I got around 30fps.

The Deviot

-?

In case anyone wants this game Bethesda is offering Daggerfall as a free download on their site here is the gamespot article with the link

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/s...-now-free.html

For those waiting on the 360 version of Marvel vs Capcom 2. No word yet on if the Gamestop retail bundle will have a 360 versions or if solely a PS3 exclusive pack.

Release Date 7/29, Cost 1200 points

Despite delays and fears that it might miss its summer schedule altogether, Capcom has put those rumors to bed with the official release date of their highly-anticipated remake, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, for July 29th...for the Xbox 360. Coming in at 1,200 MS Points, the notoriously difficult-to-find game will land on Microsoft's digital platform with enhanced visuals, swappable soundtrack, and of course, online multiplayer madness. Capcom points out the release will be part of Microsoft's "Summer of Arcade" line-up, which has focused on digital-download titles for the platform.

The emphasis of course is on Xbox 360, as no word yet when the PlayStation 3 version is expected to drop into Sony's own PlayStation Network (PSN). The PS3 of course was host to an exclusive playable demo (if you could call it that) on April 30th, so we can only imagine the full version should closely follow the Xbox's release.

Hopefully it will end the $70 preowned price for the original xbox port.

Man, even the scrubs online are kicking my ass at SFIV. I thought I was doing pretty good after winning my first ever game, but the next five were all me on the receiving end.
    The Deviot

-?