Page 253 of 351 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

If anyone owns Fallout 3 the DLC that was originally for the 360 will be coming out. Operation Anchorage will be out soon. There are also two new ones being released: Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

Just when you thought Resident Evil 4 could not be released anymore

RE4 IPhone edition

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

http://www.mariomarathon.com/

Pretty cool thing they're doing. Check it out!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Anyone who has a Club Nintendo account (its free and you just enter the codes found in your game booklets) they announced a new gift for Platinum members, Doc-Louis Punch Out (Basically a 3 round match against Doc Louis via WiiWare).

I got to Platinum status a while ago but they did not have anything worth getting, I am SOOOOO getting this!

Doc-Louis's Punch-Out!!

It's Little Mac vs. Doc Louis!! Step into Little Mac's shoes and challenge your mentor and coach, Doc Louis, to prove you have what it takes to become the World Video Boxing Association World Champion.

This unique one-on-one bout builds off of the fun and excitement found in the retail version of Punch-Out!!™ for the Wii™ console, and is designed exclusively for 2009 Club Nintendo Platinum Members (USA and Canada) as a free download. This gift will not be available anywhere else!!

ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
    (Broadband internet access is required to receive this download to your Wii console.)
    (You do NOT need to own the retail version of Punch-Out!! to download this reward.)

Nintendo will send you an email with a link to obtain a game code for this WiiWare game.
    Note: This email will be sent to you by November 1, 2009.

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

For those who haven't picked up the game yet, the Ghostbusters demo hits both XBL & PSN today....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Anyone who has a Club Nintendo account (its free and you just enter the codes found in your game booklets) they announced a new gift for Platinum members, Doc-Louis Punch Out (Basically a 3 round match against Doc Louis via WiiWare).

I got to Platinum status a while ago but they did not have anything worth getting, I am SOOOOO getting this!
    that sounds awesome! too bad i only have about half the required points. i guess i just don't have enough money to spend on games to, uh, enjoy games...

i hope the platinum exclusive for next year is something as cool as that.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    that sounds awesome! too bad i only have about half the required points. i guess i just don't have enough money to spend on games to, uh, enjoy games...

i hope the platinum exclusive for next year is something as cool as that.
    They have made it a bit easier to get points now, you can take surveys on what games interest you and if you end buying that game later you get bonus points. Also if you buy any Virtual Console or WiiWare games they ask you to rate them and so you get points that way.

They have made it a bit easier to get points now, you can take surveys on what games interest you and if you end buying that game later you get bonus points. Also if you buy any Virtual Console or WiiWare games they ask you to rate them and so you get points that way.
    yeah, i noticed that. it does help a bit, but i still don't really buy games too often. it's slowed down to maybe four or five a year (across any system), although i will get stuff on VC or wiiware sometimes. for example, i am looking forward to a boy and his blob and i have downloaded secret of mana and paper mario recently because i never owned a SNES or N64.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    For those who haven't picked up the game yet, the Ghostbusters demo hits both XBL & PSN today....
    The demo (at least PSN version for sure) has been out for a few days now. I downloaded it either at the end of last week or over this past weekend (I forget the exact day.. I just happened to go to the PSN store one day, and saw it there), even though I already have the game. I was curious to see what portion of the game would be included in the demo. It's not bad, but I think they could have picked a better part of the game.

I'll have to check out the Xbox version though. I'd like to see the difference in graphics first hand.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 14, 2009 at 04:17pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

GH: World Tour PC release date has been moved out YET AGAIN. Was supposed to come out in May, got moved to July 11th, and today I see that it got moved to 12/31/09... how lame is that??? Fortunately, I found the PS3 version on clearance yesterday at Target for $14.98.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    GH: World Tour PC release date has been moved out YET AGAIN. Was supposed to come out in May, got moved to July 11th, and today I see that it got moved to 12/31/09... how lame is that??? Fortunately, I found the PS3 version on clearance yesterday at Target for $14.98.
    Why even release it in December with Guitar Hero 5 coming out in the fall which is an upgrade to GHWT?? Not sure why it takes so long as the game should just be a port of the 360 version with some slight adjustments

Why even release it in December with Guitar Hero 5 coming out in the fall which is an upgrade to GHWT?? Not sure why it takes so long as the game should just be a port of the 360 version with some slight adjustments
    Yeah, I was thinking that too! It's so lame... and they wonder why some PC sales just plain SUCK. Corporate guy, "Yeah, let's release it long after the console versions are out to minimize any impacts on sales due to piracy." Everybody else in the room, "Ummmm... yeah, there WILL be no sales of this because GH5 will be out right after that."
    Last edited by ehenyo; July 15, 2009 at 05:13pm.

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Man, even the scrubs online are kicking my ass at SFIV. I thought I was doing pretty good after winning my first ever game, but the next five were all me on the receiving end.
    I lost 8 matches in a row the other day. And I used to think I was pretty decent at Street Fighter.

I blame the Xbox pad, I really need to buy that Madcatz one.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I lost 8 matches in a row the other day. And I used to think I was pretty decent at Street Fighter.

I blame the Xbox pad, I really need to buy that Madcatz one.
    I've actually gotten a bit better at this game, I find a big part of doing well is properly ascertaining when to use an EX move, focus attack, and when to save up for a super instead.

On the ranked match list when I checked for the hell of it, I was 3731st.

I have the madcatz pad. I have mixed feelings. I like the six face buttons, but the Dpad isn't quite as nice as the 360 pad's analog stick even in Left stick mode.
    That said, I think I do just as well either way. At least now two people can play on my machine without someone getting stuck on the keyboard.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

RE5 for the PC announced, hopefully someone can get the Wiimote working on this and I am there immediately. Too bad you can't remove Shiva though

The test program to see if your PC is up to snuff is here
    http://www.nzone.com/page/home.html

CAPCOM REVEALS SHIP DATE FOR RESIDENT EVIL 5 FOR THE PC

A Whole New Dimension of Horror Comes to PC Fans

Capcom is pleased to announce that Resident Evil 5 for the PC will release on September 15, 2009 in North America and September 18 th in Europe. PC gamers will get the ultimate Resident Evil package in the new PC version as new features will include NVIDIAŽ’s new GeForceŽ 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately), new costumes and a new and improved mercenaries mode with three times as many enemies.

Fans that pick up the PC version will be the first to experience stereoscopic 3D out of screen effects as their living rooms are transformed into the world of Kijuju. Infected Majini coming at players from every angle, dust flying in and out of screen and the scariest bosses to date are taken up a notch . Resident Evil 5 PC is a whole new level of fear players will never forget. The game also supports Stereoscopic 3D in all of its cut scenes – an industry first.

These groundbreaking stereoscopic 3D effects were developed in close cooperation with NVIDIA, which is why the game is part of NVIDIA’s “The Way It’s Meant To Be Played” partnership program. Resident Evil fans can check out the 3D action for themselves today as a new stereo 3D tech demo with benchmark is available to download today on NVIDIA’s official site at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_re5_downloads.html . To find out more info on NVIDIA’s GeForce 3D V ision technology, click on the link here, http://www.nvidia.com/3dvision/ .

If you can ’ t get enough of RE5 for the PC, it will be making its public debut at Comicon 2009 in Booth #5133 in full 3D . It will also be shown to thousands of gamers at this year ’ s Penny Arcade Expo in the Fall. More details on the game will be hitting in the upcoming months.

My Friend has had is PS3 since launch, last night while playing call of duty (not sure which one) the system died on him. the game is stuck in there, from what he's heard the power supply is done, and someone told him that the power supply is only good for 20 000 hours. he's a big PS fanboy so he knows more than I and hears more rumours (and truths) about the system than I as well. He also says that this has been a somewhat common problem amongs call of duty players (the latest installments) with the ps3.

anyway I'm posting a question here to see if anyone knows for sure, if he sends it to sony, is it covered? will he have to pay for it to be fixed? can it be fixed? anyone else have this problem?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    anyway I'm posting a question here to see if anyone knows for sure, if he sends it to sony, is it covered? will he have to pay for it to be fixed? can it be fixed? anyone else have this problem?
    If he has had it since launch I doubt its still covered, they will only cover out of warranty items if its their fault it died (like with mine their firmware 2.4 disabled my Blu-Ray drive and at the time they did not offer firmware downgrades so they had to replace it manually)

But their "repair" cost is not that bad, I think it was $150-175. Which you are talking about a $400-600 system and if he had one of the ones with backwards compatibility and has a lot of stuff on the hard drive it might be worth it

He could replace it himself, there are plenty of sites that sell replacement lasers, power supplys, and fans for PS products. You would need to search google for PS3 repairs. If its just the power supply he "should" be able to fix it himself using instructions like these

http://www.llamma.com/PS3/repair/PS3...y_tutorial.htm <-- Just follow steps to the point where you remove the Power and then go backwards
    http://www.helium.com/items/1294128-ps3-repair-fuse <-- This is just for if the fuse is what blew and not the entire unit

The power supply at most online stores costs $29-40, I think one site is http://www.consoleshop.com but it looks like they are out of power supplys at the moment

Kudos to RE5 PC! Hopefully the controls are BETTER than RE4 PC.

If he has had it since launch I doubt its still covered, they will only cover out of warranty items if its their fault it died (like with mine their firmware 2.4 disabled my Blu-Ray drive and at the time they did not offer firmware downgrades so they had to replace it manually)

But their "repair" cost is not that bad, I think it was $150-175. Which you are talking about a $400-600 system and if he had one of the ones with backwards compatibility and has a lot of stuff on the hard drive it might be worth it

He could replace it himself, there are plenty of sites that sell replacement lasers, power supplys, and fans for PS products. You would need to search google for PS3 repairs. If its just the power supply he "should" be able to fix it himself using instructions like these

http://www.llamma.com/PS3/repair/PS3...y_tutorial.htm <-- Just follow steps to the point where you remove the Power and then go backwards
    http://www.helium.com/items/1294128-ps3-repair-fuse <-- This is just for if the fuse is what blew and not the entire unit

The power supply at most online stores costs $29-40, I think one site is http://www.consoleshop.com but it looks like they are out of power supplys at the moment
    Thanks a lot man, I've fwded him this info. not sure of his plan but he said to say thanks. I'll post further if he's successful.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Thanks a lot man, I've fwded him this info. not sure of his plan but he said to say thanks. I'll post further if he's successful.
    I dunno if there's a Play N' Trade in your area, but the one in my town will repair consoles. He could see if it's less than sending it in. If of course you guys have a PNT.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Just a reminder to everyone that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 hits Xbox LIVE Arcade this Thursday. Sadly, PS3 owners have to wait 2 more weeks. But at least PSN gets Fat Princess this week!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Sweet. When does Turtles in Time hit XBLA?
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1 View Post
    Sweet. When does Turtles in Time hit XBLA?
    Next week - 8/5.....

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Sweet. Guess I need to buy a 4,000 point card
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

I'm waiting on Shadow Complex myself.....

Good news for those interested in the TMNT Turtles In Time remake: The price has been dropped from $15 to $10 when it hits XBLA next week.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/100/1009409p1.html