Page 292 of 351 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

  1. #7276
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    nice!



    a new mk and it looks pretty sweet. get this franchise back on track.




    excited about the real 3d, ps move and new games from ps that are taking gaming to the next levels of play. killzone 3 looks great. i want twisted metal now!!!
    Last edited by MANGLORD; June 16, 2010 at 11:38am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  2. #7277
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Are the controllers not compatible with the new system?
    Yes, all existing controllers will work with the slim. The trade-in values are just if you want to get rid of extras.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If we hang onto our old hard drives for a few days after trading in the system, is there a way to transfer the info to the new 360?
    The only 2 ways to transfer data from an old model to a slim are:
    1. Purchase/borrow the transfer kit/cable, hang on to the HDD, do the transfer once you have the slim, and then bring in the HDD for the remaining credit.

    2. Use a USB Flash drive/card reader to transfer your data from the HDD now, and then keep on the drive or your PC until you get the slim, and then transfer back.

    You really only need to keep your save data and profile, as you can re-download anything you've purchased by checking your account's download history. But if you've got the room, might as well back up everything you can. And I believe you'll still need to do the "license transfer"' process on xbox.com so any DLC you have will work on the slim offline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Also, even though the new 360 doesn't use the old hard drives, is there a way to swap out the new hard drive with another if we wanted to?
    Yes, the new drive is easily removable. Check out the unboxing video.



    I just remembered that I also have a launch model PSPhat that I don't use anymore. (I use my silver slim all the time) That'll be another $60 in credit toward my upgrade!
    Last edited by Skullface; June 16, 2010 at 02:45pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  3. #7278
    Lumpy Space Person Brad2dbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I doubt it, it would get delayed before shipping with issues. See Wii Sports Resort if you have any worries
    I never played it.

    Why no news on a sequel to the best Wii game yet- Zak and Wiki? With some Wii-motion plus action and a little refined gameplay Zak and Wiki 2 would be the best!

  4. #7279
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Why no news on a sequel to the best Wii game yet- Zak and Wiki? With some Wii-motion plus action and a little refined gameplay Zak and Wiki 2 would be the best!
    Because as awesome as that game is, it sold terribly.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  5. #7280
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    www.mhalo.com
    Posts
    9,521
    The PS Move looks really ridiculous (physically), but I can see how much fun it would be in a game!!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

    If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

  6. #7281
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    totally, watching somebody use move or wii looks so silly. but at least from looking at the move, folks are using more real movements. whenever we play wii everyone looks like their spazzin out. still fun though. and a good time.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  7. #7282
    Heroic Warrior Epicasino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,657
    Nintendo OWNED this E3. Microsoft's conference was pathetic, and sony's wasn't that far behind...
    The 3DS looks great, widescreen 3D display, great graphics, backwards compability, great catalog with third party support!! Not to mention many great new Wii games announced! These are great times for those of us who own Nintendo consoles!

  8. #7283
    Greg at your service AnnnaMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicasino View Post
    Nintendo OWNED this E3. Microsoft's conference was pathetic, and sony's wasn't that far behind...
    The 3DS looks great, widescreen 3D display, great graphics, backwards compability, great catalog with third party support!! Not to mention many great new Wii games announced! These are great times for those of us who own Nintendo consoles!
    Dude you must be joking Nintendo wasent that good this year.

  9. #7284
    He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Dude you must be joking Nintendo wasent that good this year.
    Seriously?! They had the best lineup of core games. 1000x better than the last three years combined.

  10. #7285
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    11,006
    Yeah, I have to agree that out of the big three, Nintendo was by FAR the best of the bunch this year.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  11. #7286
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,349
    Just got back from Gamestop, and dropped 48 old, mostly crummy games in preparation for the 360 slim deal. Surprisingly, walked outta there with $238 after dropping $15 by signing up for the EDGE card. (That $15 for the EDGE additional 10% trade value got me $22.50, so I still came out $7 ahead of what I would have gotten w/o it)

    Still have to trade in my Phat PSP, which will net me $66, putting me at about $300 before I even trade my current 360 to knock it up to just under $500.

    This space for rent, apparently.....

  12. #7287
    Greg at your service AnnnaMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just got back from Gamestop, and dropped 48 old, mostly crummy games in preparation for the 360 slim deal. Surprisingly, walked outta there with $238 after dropping $15 by signing up for the EDGE card. (That $15 for the EDGE additional 10% trade value got me $22.50, so I still came out $7 ahead of what I would have gotten w/o it)

    Still have to trade in my Phat PSP, which will net me $66, putting me at about $300 before I even trade my current 360 to knock it up to just under $500.

    Nice
    btw what are they give you for the xbox ?

  13. #7288
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Nice
    btw what are they give you for the xbox ?
    http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  14. #7289
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Dude you must be joking Nintendo wasent that good this year.
    i have to agree. big deal a bunch of pokemon games . icarus looks (still wont be better than the old nes), some kirby stuff zelda I have not cared for this since the last good one on snes. and donkey kong which looks best of the bunch but who cares. i'd still much rather play the the real donkey kong games on my arcade. never really cared for him in his snes days anyway. It's all mickey mouse over at nintendo. Nintendo is a very innovative company but the ideas don't stretch they are always going for the next thing. i thing sony takes those great ideas to the next level of play.
    3ds wow! i'll play real 3d on my ps3 and if i want interactive motion games i'll give move a full 1:1 experience a shot.
    bring on killzone3, twisted metal, deadspace2, castlevania, etc etc.
    i was a nintendo freak once. i still think their arcades were some of the best and nes and snes were and **** man they still are the ****. i still play those systems to death. but in modern times i say PS3 BAYBE! IT ****ING OWNS.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  15. #7290
    Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    nice!

    a new mk and it looks pretty sweet. get this franchise back on track
    Awesome trailer. I love the backgrounds! I used to rock MK2 like it was nobodies business on Sega Genesis.. Glad to see them use backgrounds from it with updated graphics.

    Too bad there's no Wii port.. That's the 2nd MK game I woulda bought but can't. I woulda got the DC one too.

    But I loved what I saw from Nintendo. I like platformers when I play video games, and nobody can say there's a better system than Nintendo for that.

    I'm probably gonna drop alot of money on nintendo cuz I intend on getting Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, and Epic Mickey.

    I'll probably end up getting Goldeneye, Link, and Metroid as well! haha..

    I'm playing Super Smash Bros right now and am at 80%. I'm debating on playing either Metroid Prime or Mario Galaxy 2 next.

  16. #7291
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    i have to agree. big deal a bunch of pokemon games . icarus looks (still wont be better than the old nes), some kirby stuff zelda I have not cared for this since the last good one on snes. and donkey kong which looks best of the bunch but who cares. i'd still much rather play the the real donkey kong games on my arcade. never really cared for him in his snes days anyway. It's all mickey mouse over at nintendo. Nintendo is a very innovative company but the ideas don't stretch they are always going for the next thing. i thing sony takes those great ideas to the next level of play.
    3ds wow! i'll play real 3d on my ps3 and if i want interactive motion games i'll give move a full 1:1 experience a shot.
    bring on killzone3, twisted metal, deadspace2, castlevania, etc etc.
    i was a nintendo freak once. i still think their arcades were some of the best and nes and snes were and **** man they still are the ****. i still play those systems to death. but in modern times i say PS3 BAYBE! IT ****ING OWNS.

    Going to have to disagree. I thought Nintendo had the best presentation. Sony, and Microsoft focused on their Motion stuff which I don't think made the splash either of them were hoping for. Nintendo love em or not, still make the best First Party stuff. While I wasn't big into the Rare era DK games myself, or a big Zelda fan (Not much for RPGs) Both of those games still looked like great titles for fans. Kirby Yarn looked really cool. I think that was a surprise hit, and I think it'll do pretty well.

    Sony had an Ok line up listing, but they focused mostly on Move, and the COKE CROSSOVER. Sure LBP2 will probably be cool, but nothing else really wowed me

    Microsoft had the same problem. In fact the only thing I liked was the redesigned 360. Hopefully now it won't RROD or over heat. But did they drop the price on the old model to entice fence sitters? NO! So that's another reason for a pass.

    The "BIG" stuff for the MS, and Sony systems were almost all 3rd party, and most of those announced are also coming to Windows, and I think a couple even Macintosh via Steam.

    So why would anyone in my boat (Halfway decent computer that can affordably play these titles with nicer visuals, and a $40 price point instead of a $60 one) bother buying a PS3, or a 360? None of the third party stuff NOT coming to computers really screams "Killer App", and none of the first party stuff, while good, seems good enough for me to say "I gotta buy thier system to play ONE good game"

    Moreover with PC hardware going so cheaply these days, you could have a full blown computer capable of playing these games for around $400-$500.
    Seriously! My last build was $310. Got a Phenom IIX4, a Mobo, 4GB DDR3 Ram, repurposed my case, psu, hard disk, sound card, video card, and DVD burner. Can play any of those announced Windows versions zero problem.

    Plus if I HAD to sit at my couch, I could plug the PC into the HDTV, and use my 360 gamepad, or wireless KB + Mouse. Hell, I could have a game going, plus facebook, plus some other stuff.

    Last gen was so much better for killer aps IMO. Sony, MS had more than enough exclusives to warrant having those in addition to a computer, and the Gamecube had all of the Nintendo goodness, along with a few great niche titles.

    This gen? Windows, Steam, and Wii FTW
    Not hating just saying.

    Although MK9 does look like it may be pretty cool.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; June 18, 2010 at 12:52am.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  17. #7292
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    But did they drop the price on the old model to entice fence sitters? NO! So that's another reason for a pass.
    Sure they did. They dropped every old model by $50. I saw the Arcade in Wal-Mart yesterday for $149. Like I said earlier, I do agree with you on the Nintendo thing. They blew the other two away!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  18. #7293
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Sure they did. They dropped every old model by $50. I saw the Arcade in Wal-Mart yesterday for $149. Like I said earlier, I do agree with you on the Nintendo thing. They blew the other two away!
    I never go to walmart, but around here everyone else is still asking $200+
    And honestly who buys an arcade? Even if you only play a handful of games you pretty much need the hard drive, adding one of those puts you up where the price used to be.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  19. #7294
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I never go to walmart, but around here everyone else is still asking $200+
    And honestly who buys an arcade? Even if you only play a handful of games you pretty much need the hard drive, adding one of those puts you up where the price used to be.
    Did you read my message? They dropped every SKU of the old model by $50. I just used the Arcade as my example because that is what I saw, and now it's cheaper than the Wii. The price drop isn't just at Wal-Mart either. Once again, that was just my example.

    News Story on the Price Cut
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  20. #7295
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,349
    Just got home from Gamestop w/my new 360 slim. This thing is SO much quieter than the original model.

    My buddy & I got there about 30 minutes before they opened, and were numbers 3 & 4 in line. UPS showed up around 11:15 with 6 systems. Got $192.15 for my old 360 w/accessories & EDGE bonus. Because I had enough credit, IL is one of the states where Gamestop doesn't charge tax if you pay in full w/credit, so that saved me $25-$30. Walked outta there w/my new console and still have just under $200 in credit.

    Now which games to buy?
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  21. #7296
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    bleh i won't be able to move on a pc dude
    anyway ps has the greatest ex games past present and future. mgs4, gow, uncharted series, killzone, infamous, heavy rain, Warhawk, mod nation, lbp, etc etc. all very solid games with more in the works. so what, they don't develop as much as nintendo. sony's and their ex games are better imo.
    Last edited by MANGLORD; June 18, 2010 at 08:03pm.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  22. #7297
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Did you read my message? They dropped every SKU of the old model by $50. I just used the Arcade as my example because that is what I saw, and now it's cheaper than the Wii. The price drop isn't just at Wal-Mart either. Once again, that was just my example.

    News Story on the Price Cut


    OK:

    #1. I DID read your message, and replied that I had not seen the drop in any retailer I shop in yet.

    #2. Today after work I stopped in one of them, and they told me the Arcade takes effect today, and the other versions are supposed to drop next week (Monday). Which would explain why I hadn't seen these drops in town.

    #3. I understood it wasn't supposed to be just the Arcade.

    #4. My point was if one DID buy the Arcade, adding a drive would bring it back up to it's original $199 price or higher. So it is silly to do so when you could spend a bit more, and go for the next configuration higher from the get go.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  23. #7298
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    11,006
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  24. #7299
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    www.mhalo.com
    Posts
    9,521
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Please remove embedded videos in quoted replies. Thanks
    That is sooooo wrong and cool on sooooo many levels!
    Last edited by GeologyMule; June 19, 2010 at 10:11am. Reason: removed video in quote
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

    If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

  25. #7300
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,135
    Spoony has some E3 footage up with Angry Joe, and Jewwario.

    www.spoonyexperiment.com

    Also, a Vlog on what may be the most awful hotel service in the history of hotel service.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •