Page 345 of 351 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Master of New Adventures!
    Ya ever get the feeling they've already manufactured the PS5 through PS826 and are just storing all those bad boys in a warehouse somplace so they can gradually release new platforms every couple of years to suck for or five hudred bucks at a time out of us?

Are the graphics on the PS4 going to be leaps and bounds over the PS3 graphics? Is it true that the PS4 will be able to display 4K resolution?
    My post count just got bigger.

Remains to be seen. Early clips from Sony's conference did show the horsepower being better than PS3, but not much better than what a top tier
    PC Video Card is capable of. I don't doubt the AMD card inside on it's own could get to that resolution (Depending on the title they may have to cut
    some FX out/turn them off), the question is how much of a bottleneck might there be in other sections of hardware. Everyone goes OOOOH over the
    fact the video APU, and GPU have 8GB DDR5 Graphics RAM to share, but if the A10 CPU they went with is even slightly too gimped (Possible as heat
    becomes an issue, so under clocking is one way to reduce it.) We could see a bottleneck there. Or if the hard disk is too slow (Not enough cache, they
    didn't really go into deep details on components so again, a possibility) you could see a bottleneck there.

From what the demos showed, I'd expect that you'll be seeing a sizable jump visually. (Though nowhere near as wide as the PS2-PS3.) Early on
    I'd say expect high settings running 1080p @ 30-60 FPS. A couple of years in, expect high settings running 1080p @ 30 FPS. By that point midrange graphics cards will
    match it (Or come close) for less than the cost of the console. So by that point multiplatform owners would definitely need enough PS4 exclusives to justify
    buying one over a competitor/upgrading their computer. By the third year midrange computers will likely be there ($500-$600)

Out of the titles shown so far, only Capcom's is an exclusive, and they really only showed a screenshot of that. The other titles shown at the conference
    just seemed like they were coming to everything else too eventually (PC/Xbox 3/360/PS3/Wii U) unless you count the first party offerings (Killzone was probably the
    best one of those.)

I think it will do okay for itself, but like Nintendo's machine I don't see enough outside of "Prettier first party game/Dudebro game"
    that it will be early adopter fest. I could be wrong, I just don't see it.

It will look markedly better than Nintendo's machine, but also not such a jump that ports won't be possible. I don't see every game getting ported to Wii U
    But the ones that do will likely be medium settings @ 1080 running 30fps, or maybe low settings @ 1080 running 60fps.

Thing is low settings will still look pretty respectable. Run one of EA's PC games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, or Battlefield @ 1366 x 768 (720p) on low settings.
    They honestly retain enough that the average console gamer would be pleasantly surprised.

Granted there are always exceptions (Try doing that with Oblivion for example. Atrocious.) But most of the games coming out will scale very nicely.
    The visual difference alone may not be enough to convince a Wii U owner he or she also needs a PS4. Hence the need for more exclusive games be they first or third party.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; March 14, 2013 at 07:56pm.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Hopefully they will catch up on the evolution of Technology. Like 4k Resolution or even better within this 5 years.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

The problem isn't if they can do it, it's more about cost effectiveness. Considering the last generation was a highly innovative period with Blu-ray, increased motion detection on controllers etc it isn't a big surprise they aren't advancing their specs that far and essentially making just improvements to the current systems.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

In general Video game stuff, I'm having a lot of fun getting reaquinted with my other favorite non-MOTU monster people in "Darkstalkers Resurrection".

Couple of days ago EA CEO John Riccitiello, resigned his position.

This probably something to do with Sim City and a lot of Gaming studio closure.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/3...ical-mass.aspx

And for those who bought Sim City early include pre order they entitled to get a free game of their choice (in Origin and EA games). Looks like EA going to make up with the consumers again regarding Sim City issues.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/03...mcity-debacle/
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Couple of days ago EA CEO John Riccitiello, resigned his position.

This probably something to do with Sim City and a lot of Gaming studio closure.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/3...ical-mass.aspx

And for those who bought Sim City early include pre order they entitled to get a free game of their choice (in Origin and EA games). Looks like EA going to make up with the consumers again regarding Sim City issues.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/03...mcity-debacle/
    I have to love the irony. They havevtheir CEO step down because of these problems, all while offering customers an 'apology' gift that does absolutely nothing to fix or address the very issue that they are in hit water over.

If they really want to make things right, give customers a version of the new game that they can play offline, and loosen up some of this overly restrictive DRM. That's the only reasonable solution. I get the feeling that the compny isn't going to learn their lesson on this and will continue doing the stupid things that got them in this mess to begin with.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Yeap, wholefully agree on that DoE.

on the sidenote, here's something unexpected by Blizzard themselves in Pax East.

DuckTales - Woo Hoo!

The old NES Capcom DuckTales game is being updated in a new, remastered version! It will be coming out for PSN, XBLA, and the Wii U this summer. In addition to the original levels, there will be some new updates and additions, including being able to swim around in the money bin!

I'm a huge fan of this game and I will probably download it for both PS3 and the Wii U. It's also nice to see that Scrooge will actually be in his properly colored blue jacket. It would be cool if there was still an option for red, though, as a throw back to the NES version.

This was announced on Capcom-Unity "dot" com. I can't post a direct link here due to their being a comment section, but here are some pics and a trailer:

Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; March 22, 2013 at 01:37pm.

Ducktails was one of my all-time favorite NES games - and this looks AMAZING!

LOVED Ducktales and Quackshot!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

DuckTales will definitely be a day 1 purchase-no doubt! Hopefully it sells well enough for them to remake the sequel, along w/the other Disney afternoon games. Would love Rescue Rangers & Darkwing Duck HD!

HD figures on youtube
    My god that's a dream come true! That's my favorite NES game ever!

How awesome would it be if there were a MOTU fighting game? The cannon lends itself perfectly to a fighting game. The game could be similar to Namco's Soul Caliber Series but with magic added for spell characters. This seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbs View Post
    How awesome would it be if there were a MOTU fighting game? The cannon lends itself perfectly to a fighting game. The game could be similar to Namco's Soul Caliber Series but with magic added for spell characters. This seems like a no brainer to me.
    They already have and IOS brawler. I think the best thing they could do would be to hire Zeboyd games to do a retro 16 bit RPG game, much like Penny Arcade did for their third installment. I haven't played that one yet but their other games Death of Fire VII and Cthulhu Saves the World are both great. Just start with Adam getting the Power Sword and go from there.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Here's something for the Wii U users, Hope this will cheer you up.

On the side note: Dice (game developers) won't roll the "dice" on Battlefield 4 on Wii U.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Here's something for the Wii U users, Hope this will cheer you up.

Much better, but still sucks.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

RIP Rock Band DLC...

Just bought Defiance for the PS3.

So if you have this on the PS3 and you see a character named "Hank Herchief" (psn username cthulhu82) then that is me
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I know that they won't be releasing anymore new Rock Band DLC, but is the existing DLC still going to be available for a while?

I lost track and fell out of interest with it for a while, but I'd like to look through the available songs and download some more.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Gears of War Judgement has been a lot of fun. The WiiU has Punch Out for 30 cents. So I bought it...again. lol I've lost track how many times I have bought that game on different systems.

I played the demo for Injustice: Gods Among Us (or something like that) on the 360 and it was terrible. I was really excited when I saw it and kept debating on whether or not to get it on the 360 or WiiU, but now I know. Neither
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Good news Zelda fans.

I just watch Nintendo Direct from the US and You'll get a lot of Zelda game this year.

What matter the most is: Zelda, Link to the Past 2!

Good news Zelda fans.

I just watch Nintendo Direct from the US and You'll get a lot of Zelda game this year.

What matter the most is: Zelda, Link to the Past 2!
    How did I miss this news?!?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Not to mention Oracle of Seasons and Ages coming to the Virtual Console next month aaaand a new Mario & Luigi game!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!