Page 348 of 351 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

That's great to hear, within a year too....

I'm keeping that in my wishlist. =)

Here's my latest news:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Humble Origin Bundle that's include

• Dead Space
    • Medal of Honor
    • Dead Space 3
    • Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box
    • Mirror Edge
    • Crysis 2

For the top tier (Usually above 5 dollars)
    It's...

• Battlefield 3
    • The Sims (include Starter Pack)

Since it is successful, hitting 5 Million dollars on payment purchases for more than 2 days they will add more origin games soon.

Just a reminder: Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, and The Sims requires Origin game client, as other keys are easily unlock in Steam so Enjoy all of the deal guys.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Just downloaded "TMNT: Out of the Shadows" on the XBLA and it is AWESOME. With just a little bit more put into it and some polish to the graphics, I could easily have seen this as a full price title instead of an arcade game. The turtles all play beautifully, it is well voice acted, the animations and character designs are really good, there is a good array of combo moves to learn and it is just a blast to play.

Oh and I also grabbed Max Payne 3 in the Rockstar Sale for dirt cheap
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Just downloaded "TMNT: Out of the Shadows" on the XBLA and it is AWESOME. With just a little bit more put into it and some polish to the graphics, I could easily have seen this as a full price title instead of an arcade game. The turtles all play beautifully, it is well voice acted, the animations and character designs are really good, there is a good array of combo moves to learn and it is just a blast to play.

Oh and I also grabbed Max Payne 3 in the Rockstar Sale for dirt cheap
    Good to hear. I was more looking fo rward to the animated game though. I just HATE realistic turtle looks. I mean, nostrils? Almost as bad as a third toe.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Good to hear. I was more looking fo rward to the animated game though. I just HATE realistic turtle looks. I mean, nostrils? Almost as bad as a third toe.
    You don't have to worry about nostrils or third toes, because when you are playing the game it doesn't zoom in on any of them THAT close

instead it is basically like this

so while you can clearly see that is Raph it is not so clear as to see his nostrils or count his toes

oh and WHAT animated game?

This is the only one that I was aware of and I didn't even know it was out until I saw an ad on the xbox dashboard

You don't have to worry about nostrils or third toes, because when you are playing the game it doesn't zoom in on any of them THAT close

instead it is basically like this

http://s11.postimage.org/7n1ww2wyr/oe_OONWDl_png.jpg

oh and WHAT animated game?

This is the only one that I was aware of and I didn't even know it was out until I saw an ad on the xbox dashboard
    There is one coming out with cartoon accurate graphics. will have to look for thetrailer again.
    BTW, how do you add memory to the black Xbox console revision?
    Geek Media -

sorry, no idea. I still have loads of room on my 360 as I don't usually download games on it as I prefer to have a disc. But then games like this come along and I have to make an exception

Geek Media -

Hmm looks adequate I guess, but not as good as TMNT: OOTS which is funny seeing as that one is a full title and OOTS is only an arcade game. To be honest, looking at what that trailer shows...it should be the other way around.

Hmm looks adequate I guess, but not as good as TMNT: OOTS which is funny seeing as that one is a full title and OOTS is only an arcade game. To be honest, looking at what that trailer shows...it should be the other way around.
    agreed... hope that was just an early demo
    Geek Media -

Its a licensed game, its going to be what it is. Don't expect any grand masterpiece

I am sure things will get tightened up but at the end of the day its a cash in game
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

man The Shredder at the end of Level 3 is HARD.

I have tried to beat him at least 10 times and the best I have managed is to get it down to just him and Leo, tho by that time I was all out of pizza (med kits) and I had so little energy that the life bar looked empty... I didn't beat him.

Still just gotta keep on trying

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    No PS3 version? I just shows 360, the original Wii (not even Wii U), and 3DS at the end of the trailer.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...are-ps-vita-tv

And here it is guys, PS VITA TV.

And let the discussion begins.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...are-ps-vita-tv

And here it is guys, PS VITA TV.

And let the discussion begins.
    Wow! That actually sounds really awesome to me. When I am at home I much prefer to play games on the TV rather than a portable. If this does what it is supposed to do and does it well then this is a definite purchase for me.

It will even let you play your PlayStation 4 via Remote Play with DualShock 4
    This part really intrigues me as well. If I understand this correctly, then this will allow you to play your PS4 on a different TV in your house using remote play. That is very awersome. My PS3 (and eventually my PS4) is hooked up in the living room and sometimes my wife or my daughter are using the living room TV so it will be awesome to be able to play the PS4 on another TV in the house using this device. This just takes the "Off TV" feature of the Wii U and puts it on steroids.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams has an expansion pack!

Also it is now available for PS3/360, and now Wii U!

So no excuses! Play the best platformer not called "Mario"

Of course it will probably get lost in the shuffle with the GTA V news.
    But seriously if you didn't buy it yet, you really should. Amazing platformer.
    And now it's got an expansion pack.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Deviot, I bought the Standalone expansion yesterday, for 2.49 dollars. I'm getting ready for it.

on the sidenote, here's a brand new announcement from Valve

Steam OS for your Television

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/23/4762370/steam-box-os

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Deviot, I bought the Standalone expansion yesterday, for 2.49 dollars. I'm getting ready for it.

on the sidenote, here's a brand new announcement from Valve

Steam OS for your Television

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/23/4762370/steam-box-os
    Beat me. I came to post that. Lol.

It's not going to replace Windows, but it does show they're hedging their bets.
    It could be a nice alternative to or a secondary console idea.
    It's a free OS that's centered around gaming so there are a couple of scenarios
    where people might like it

1.) You want to play your big PC releases? Build/buy a small Home Theatre PC, and stream the games you have on the bedroom computer
    (Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, Black OPS II, etc. etc.) to the SteamOS based HTPC to be played on the Television.

2) You're a big time Linux fanboy who would love a machine to play source games on. All of Valve's games have Linux versions.
    So you could buy/build an HTPC, and use it to play Half-Life, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, etc. on your TV. Also you could use
    it to watch movies from your computer, or use services like Netflix or Blip (Valve is trying to court them to make Linux ports)

Of course, we'll know more in a couple of days with the next announcement. If anybody wants to play PC games on their TV today
    of course you don't NEED Valve's OS. Any capable PC with an HDMI out on the video card can be a home theatre PC. So you could
    simply hook your PC up to the TV now, and run Steam in Big Picture Mode with a gamepad. This allows you to use Valve's web browser
    too. So you can comfortably websurf with a gamepad.

Still, if Microsoft continues to do unpopular things, and Apple continues to close off more, and more of their OS to the point power users can do
    even less, then Valve's experiment could be a boon. At worst it's going to be a spiffy rollout for tinkerers. At best it gets one big hurdle out of the
    way that has stopped a subset of console only gamers from trying PC games.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Ladies and Gentleman, Nintendo Direct October edition.

So...

Will PS4 consoles be readily available at launch? Pre-orders sold out months ago. Or is Sony going to under-produce these consoles just like they do every time a new one is released to create the false demand frenzy???
    My post count just got bigger.

They have enough stock for everybody around the world, only matter is IF the retailer have enough stock like Wal Mart or anything, so you have to be ready on the launch night or at least front of the line to get it.

Arkham Asylum was great

Arkham City was outstanding

Arkham Origins...I have lost all interest in the game and have no interest in seeing any more of it and I have only played it for just over an hour

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Arkham Asylum was great

Arkham City was outstanding

Arkham Origins...I have lost all interest in the game and have no interest in seeing any more of it and I have only played it for just over an hour
    Nooooooooo is it that bad ?

it's not "bad"..it's "meh"

I found there is lots to do but nothing you actually want to do and unlike Arkham City where exploring the city was actually fun while you made your way from one mission to the other, in this one the city just gets in your way. On foot Batman walks painfully slow, I mean it is like he filled his boots with wet cement before he went out and then tied heavy weights to his ankles just to be sure. Gliding doesn't control as well, exact same controls but they just seem more clunky and there is a LOT less stuff for the grapple hook to grapple onto. I spent most of the time running (slowly) on the floor because I couldn't find anywhere to grapple to get me on the rooftops or into the air for some gliding.

As for the combat, again the buttons are the same, but whereas in the last 2 games I could get very high combos, taking out large groups of ppl in one fluid combo using all sorts of attacks, counters and gadgets at my disposal, now he seems to have difficulty attacking the person two feet in front of him. Oh and if you do get a combo going and you see that little blue wiggly line telling you to press counter...most of the time he doesn't. Even if you press the button the moment you see it the chances are you are going to get hit (even higher chance if it is a guy with a knife)

And as for that new crime scene thing (which is not really new as it is basically the exact same thing from City when you were looking for Hush and Deadshot), that is basically look at the clearly marked area of the screen and hold down the button until your done, then move onto the next clearly marked area of the crime scene (which may involve rewinding a replay of the crime to see where something has landed) then you hunt down the culprit (the location of which is marked on your map) and you solve the crime...with not a single sense of doing any actual detective work

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Played Arkham for a while last night - I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I love seeing "Arkham City" as it was when it was still Gotham. I keep getting distracted from the main plot going off to explore.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Played Arkham for a while last night - I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I love seeing "Arkham City" as it was when it was still Gotham. I keep getting distracted from the main plot going off to explore.
    Still have to start this.
    This space for rent, apparently.....