Page 104 of 351 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You have to unlock 5 out of 5 in every mission (there are 4 missions for each side Autobot and Decepticon) which totals 20 when the game is done.

Once you unlock 20 Autobot symbols you get G1 Prime model to use and 20 Decepticon symbols gets you G1 Megatron.
    Boy this is going to take forever to find
    And once you do get the skin, what then...i mean, does it replace the movie prime skin in the game?
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    And once you do get the skin, what then...i mean, does it replace the movie prime skin in the game?
    You go into Bonus and you have to turn it on, once you do that whenever you play a mission with Prime you will be the G1 model (the short fat truck)

Which is cool because as soon as you beat Mission 2 "More than Meets the Eye" and you go back to it you always start off as Optimus since he was the character who ended that mission.

Not sure if this makes a difference but several sites are reporting the 80gb PS3 will be the revamped emotion engine removed version

The new 80GB PS3 that we've seen today has a catch: it has ditched the Emotion Engine chips for software emulation, just like we've seen in the PAL-version PS3s. Yes, software emulation is coming stateside, and it looks like a matter of time until the Emotion Engine chips are kicked out of our 60GB models
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I just got the TF game for the 360, can't wait to get home and play it.

And Hemanrep I don't think microsoft will drop the price of the 360 considering they just launched the bigger version, plus the hardware problems they are having...but if they want to stay ahead of Sony....ya never know.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Is there a chance that, in the long-run, software emulation will be better than the emotion chip? You can upgrade software through online updates, but you can't physically swap out the chip to something better through an online update.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I just got the TF game for the 360, can't wait to get home and play it.
    Hope you have as much fun as GR81 and I have had with it! Which version did you get? Regardless if you start off with the camera at low sensitivity and then increase it as you play I think you will find the game much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    Is there a chance that, in the long-run, software emulation will be better than the emotion chip? You can upgrade software through online updates, but you can't physically swap out the chip to something better through an online update.
    It is up in the air, Sony admits that without the emotion chip less software will run (as of now) and that with the chip the rate of compatability is 98%. However, since they were able to upscale PSX and PS2 games to 1080 I would suspect that much like the 360 a simple update or firmware patch would allow for great compatability. There are some that say PS2 games should run better under PS3 software emulation since the processing power of the PS3 is so much greater, it should be a non issue.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Sony's official announcement of the PS3 price drop & 80GB HDD model:

http://games.ign.com/articles/802/802334p1.html

I guess Sony hasn't figured out already that either way that you make the PS3 wether it is a 80G model for 599 or a terabyte model they are still going to loose money on every system. Sony must think consumers are stupid into buying a PS3 for 499 or 599.

Words of advice to Sony, stop the insanity while you can. Drop the console to the 300 dollars range and you just may start selling more consoles. Then again how much more money is Sony willing to loose with this overpriced piece of technology called the PS3. You get greedy, you loose.
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

Guitar Hero III Wii Guitar Revealed!

Big pic here:

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/im...july/gh3/6.jpg

2nd pic :

That looks sweet

Quote Originally Posted by mannyscollectibles View Post
    Sony must think consumers are stupid into buying a PS3 for 499 or 599.
    I'm considering buying it at the 499 mark, and I don't consider myself stupid.

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

EA has really picked up the ball on taking the Wii online, check this out.

First details on NBA Live 08 for Wii:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/802/802392p1.html

Where NBA Live 08 really sold us, however, was in the online portion of the package. Details are still pretty sparse due to the game's level of completion, but EA did share an interesting note with us. NBA Live 08 supports console vs. console play, which means up to eight players can go online and face off against each other. Since there are only two Wii systems connecting EA treats it as a "team vs. team" situation, so you can play online with either one, two, three, or four controllers supported on each console. There was also rumblings that once connected consoles could actually change players on each team, so you could go online with a group, and then trade players pre-game and do a little mixed online competition. We'll wait to see that one in practice, but according to EA it's entirely plausible. Regardless, four-on-four online is confirmed, so get your teams ready, organize tournaments on the message boards, and kick a little ass via eight player online.
    Hand's on with almost final release of Lair for PS3

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/801/801928p1.html

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    I'm considering buying it at the 499 mark, and I don't consider myself stupid.

Sorry dude it wasnt meant to be like that.Im sure people buy it at that price I just think and this is my opinion that it is too much to pay for a console at $499. Now $399 may be a better option for Sony. Again my sincerest apologies for the out of context post
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

Since we were discussing the unlockable G1 models in the TF game, I thought it might be easier to explain via video

There are 3 repaints in the bonus section (Robovision Prime, G1 Starscream, and G1 Jazz) these are simply repaints over the TF Movie models.

However there are two G1 new models for Prime and Megatron

G1 Optimus Prime

G1 Megatron

Hope that clears up any confusion over whether or not the G1 models are just repainted movie models or not

EA has really picked up the ball on taking the Wii online, check this out.

First details on NBA Live 08 for Wii:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/802/802392p1.html

Hand's on with almost final release of Lair for PS3

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/801/801928p1.html
    That's good news, but wasn't that expected? How good is Xbox Live? I'm sure they have complete online tournaments and such (like Season mode and stuff), right? Maybe when they come out with something like that for Wii I will be excited (possibly next year?)
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    That's good news, but wasn't that expected? How good is Xbox Live? I'm sure they have complete online tournaments and such (like Season mode and stuff), right? Maybe when they come out with something like that for Wii I will be excited (possibly next year?)
    I think next year we will see a more enhanced online with the Wii, seems EA is not using Nintendo's network anyway since you have to have an EA username (as you do on all their products). It will be interesting to see how the online for Madden and NBA play out this year for the Wii.

But then again Xbox Live you pay for so its always bound to have more features, I dont think Nintendo will ever go to a pay online system given they have been against it for years (probably not cost effective or something of that nature).

Here we go with E3 coverage!

Nights Trailer!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874...cial-trailer-1

Gameplay: http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874...meplay-movie-1

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

TF the game rules....playing Optimus Prime is sooooooo Cooll...

I am at mission 3 with bumblebee markatisu

And yes, i do see the bonus stuff now...no G1 charactors yet
    Yes I agree this is the most fun I've had with a game since zelda! Can't put the darn thing down! Lol

Brace yourself for the level where you have to take the all-spark before megatron wakes up, that one was a bi.. And a half! I'm at the last fight with prime against megatron and my favorite level so far is playing with jazz against starscream and blackout, it doesn't get any sweeter than beating 2 decepticons at once!
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Apparently the PS3 price drop is successful for the day - the PS3 jumped from not having sold a single unit on Amazon.com in the last 4 months to being the #1 item on their site today.

I guarantee that will be part of Sony's press conference on Wednesday.....

I'll admit, I'm more tempted to pick up a PS3 myself now, but then I remind myself that currently, the only "exclusive" disc-based PS3 game I'm interested in is Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Though buying a re-revamped version of a 3-year old game is what I keep telling myself to keep me on the fence. (I already have the Xbox "Black" version from 2 years ago....) And I currently have no interest in Blu-Ray - I've got WAY too much invested in standard DVDS to consider upgrading anytime soon....

Come Ratchet & Clank, God of War 3, & MGS4, I'll be more inclined to make to jump.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Apparently the PS3 price drop is successful for the day - the PS3 jumped from not having sold a single unit on Amazon.com in the last 4 months to being the #1 item on their site today.
    The guys over at neogaf are having a field day with that stat, its not as impressive as it sounds but I agree that Sony will probably put that in their pr spin machine

I think it wont mean much, without the games it will sell on par with what it has been selling imho. E3 should shed some light on whats coming but as far as we know Lair and Assasins Creed are the only bright spots and it will be at least another 60 days before that has any effect. If MS announces a price drop this week (which is rumored by some analysts) it will destroy the thunder of the PS3 announce.

Sony better hope the price sku change helps because otherwise they will be left with another 20gb/60gb fiasco onces the 80gb start flooding stores. They already dumped the 20gb, they cant afford to have to dump a 2nd sku

Wii Raw vs Smackdown Hands-On
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/802/802607p1.html

Some highlights

THQ has again opened its doors to us, showcasing a slightly more in-depth WWE experience, and from what we've played thus far Wii owners may want to take note, as WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 is no penny-pinching Wii-make.

For our Pre-E3 demo of the game we had a chance to go hands-on with the latest build of the game, again in a Triple H vs. John Cena match-up. This time around, however, controls were far more involved, using Wii motion at nearly every turn. Players will select their fighter, enjoy in-game intro cinemas complete with the same motion-capture animations as the 360 and PS3 versions

Outside of the general gameplay, SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 still delivers a very strong Wii effort considering it's the first WWE title of the system, and it's still only 40% finished. The general graphical presentation is pretty solid, already comparable to Day of Reckoning 2 for GameCube (better in some cases, worse in others), as it has a more complete environment at the sacrifice of some jaggies on character models. In general though, it's a solid first outing, and it houses some of the better character models we've seen on Wii thus far. The screens really don't do it justice, as the game definitely has an edge on some of the PS2 content we've seen thus far.
    The balance between strike, light grapple, and hard grapple, as well as the speed and precision of the game reminded us heavily of No Mercy and WrestleMania 2000 on N64, as it had the same risk/reward feel. Pull off a heavy move too soon, and you're going to get beat by a quick slap to the face, and nobody ("And The Rock means nobody!") likes that.
    Things like the taunt system (pulled off by holding C and doing wrestler-specific motions) are already extremely entertaining, as you actually need to do Triple H's "suck it" motion or classic "You Can't See Me!" hand gesture of Cena to pull off taunts, and seeing the person physically do it in front of you certainly ups the competitive feel in the room a bit. In addition, some of the ground attacks or turnbuckle punches are pretty brutal as well, with Cena actually straddling a downed fighter and having each hand's swing convert directly into a punch, or the lifting of both hands to do a grab and head-butt, but we want to see more of that. 90% of the game's moves will be pulled off with motion control according to THQ

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    People seem to forget that the PS3 was already $499 eight months ago...it'll give Sony a temporary spike, but nothing more. It's still way too expensive for mass consumers to buy especially when (it will happen) Microsoft drops the price of the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    People seem to forget that the PS3 was already $499 eight months ago...
    I know you're getting at something here, but if I take what you said in the literal sense, I can say that if it was $499 eight months ago, why is it that every store I walked into 2 days ago had it marked at $599?

Interesting...

Konami sees little PS3 price cut impact

Kitaue said Konami may need to expand the target hardware for its blockbuster fighting game Metal Gear Solid, which has so far been developed for Sony's PlayStation machines, to other consoles in the future to recoup development costs.

"Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps," Kitaue said.
    Micheal Patcher (video game analyst) expects MS price cuts

We think that the $499 PS3 compares quite favorably with the $399 Pro 360 model, which has only a 20Gb hard drive and no HDMI output. Because of this favorable comparison, we believe that Microsoft is all but compelled to cut prices, and we think the price cuts will come no later than at Microsoft's Tuesday night press conference.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14606

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I know you're getting at something here, but if I take what you said in the literal sense, I can say that if it was $499 eight months ago, why is it that every store I walked into 2 days ago had it marked at $599?
    I think he's refering to the previous 20 Gig model that Sony stopped making since it wasn't selling well.

Sony better hope the price sku change helps because otherwise they will be left with another 20gb/60gb fiasco onces the 80gb start flooding stores. They already dumped the 20gb, they cant afford to have to dump a 2nd sku
    I don't think there's much danger of that happening. Granted, this is all speculation on my part. But, I think the gap in hard drive space between the 20 Gig and 60 Gig probably seems like a much bigger difference to people than the difference between the 60 and the 80.

Plus, even putting aside the difference in hard drive space, the 20 Gig model was still missing other frills and aspects that the 60 Gig had. I think more people went for the 60 Gig because they feared missing out on some aspect of the experience.

This time around, it seems (as far as I know) that the only big difference between the two models is the 20 extra Gigs of HD space on the 80 Gig version. All the other frills of the system, itself, will remain the same. Plus, I think the really big difference between the two is going to be the fact that the 80 gig model comes with a game packed in. This could help sales to some extent, but not everyone will necessarily want Motorstorm, so they may opt for the 60 Gig model instead and just buy a game that they do want. And, the HD can be changed out, so someone buying the 60 Gig could make it larger down the road.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    How good is Xbox Live? I'm sure they have complete online tournaments and such (like Season mode and stuff), right?
    Xbox live is AWESOME, and I don't even take full advantage of it.

Oh, and the TF game is so freaking cool. I don't know if there are many differences between the 360 version and the wii, but wow, I'm impressed. I spent most of last night just on the suburb level collecting all the stuff, unlocking achievements and doing submissions. The game somewhat reminds me of spiderman, but does not have an insane amount of sub missions (ie 150) to complete.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I look forward to getting a 360. Chelsey and I will have a place together by then and we'll be getting one for the both of us for Christmas.

The only thing I don't like about X-Box is it's lack of hacking software, like Action Replay. I undertand regulating online play. That's cool and fair. But some games get new life breathed into them with a little hacking.

In GTA you can become a walking immortal, being riddled by bullets from an army while slowly walking down the street, picking off enemies. Or cut off Wanted Level so you can just run amuck for fun.

Or my biggest need for hacking? The Smackdown Vs. Raw games. They've scaled back on features so much in the past few years, you NEED some hacking device to make the game worthwhile. You can't use females for hardly ANYTHING making female CAWs useless. Well, I'm in an **** that has both genders fighting together (like Street Fighter games do), but without a good hack, my main female character cant' even fight Hardcore matches, her specialty.

Oh the scaling back on hair designs and other Create a Wrestler parts, you can use a hack to give yourself a little more lee-way to make your character perfect.

So I'm glad that for at least one more year, SvR (2008 version) will be on PS2 again. Sure it'll be a port of the PS3/Wii/360 versions, but it's better than having a bare bones version I'd get bored with, cuz I'm NOT buying a PS3, and I don't know how much I'll like using the WiiMote to wrestle (Though I'm glad I learned you can plug in and use the Cube controller on games)
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Well, the girl and I rented a couple of Wii games we've both been meaning to play this weekend. She picked Big Brain Academy, and I got Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Big Brain was decent enough, but I can definitely see it getting old fast.

As for Mortal Kombat...I have mixed feelings.

First off, that character selection screen is an absolute sight to behold.

I'm very glad they got rid of the focus on insane combos that the last two games were plagued with and brought the focus back to special moves. That was a definite plus. And it's great that you're not forced to use the wiimote/nunchuck; you can use the classic controller or even a gamecube controller if you want. That was very nice of the developers. And it's really nice that the Krypt is much more easily accessible this time around.

Konquest mode is great! I'm having so much fun with that. Honestly, I've been spending most of my playtime on this mode.

The Kreate a Fighter is SO much fun! I was expecting it to be really limited, but it's far from that. You basically have control over every aspect of your character, from the size of his/her nose to the exact fighting moves he/she will use.

Yeah, I totally made He-Man. He looks pretty spot on, too I must say.

I just wish there were two KAF slots on the Wii like there are on the other versions so that I could make Skeletor as well. Though the addition of the N64 version of Khameleon really does make this game have every character ever.

HOWEVER...I cannot put into words how much of a disappointment it is that there are no character-specific fatalities. Sure the chain-a-fatality concept is a neat idea, but you can only watch them pull the other guy's head off, or twist their head off, or slice their head off, or uppercut their head off, or crush their head off, etc. etc. etc. before it gets really old. The only plus is that at least Sub Zero can still do his classic spine rip fatality. Unfortunately, that's about the only interesting one, and thus everyone ends up doing that when I play.

The fatalities have always been the entire point of Mortal Kombat. Other fighting games are boring because it's just the same thing over and over again (well, with the exception of the capcom Marvel games, but that's because it's Marvel). But fatalities have always set the Mortal Kombat games apart from the rest. They're the whole reason I play the games. And that's really the only reason I play as other characters besides Scorpion, Sub Zero, Shang Tsung, or Raiden - because I want to check out what their fatalities will be like.

So when I look at that selection screen, I'm really happy at first, because there's really nothing quite like being able to play as every character ever. But then when I think about the fact that there are no specific fatalities, and realize that everyone is just going to end up doing some variation on decapitating their opponent, it really takes away any reason for playing as anyone besides Scorpion, Sub Zero, or the Kreate a Fighter. Which is without a doubt the biggest waste of potential I've seen in a video game since The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

And then add to that the fact that there are no real endings - after you beat Blaze you just see your character dancing around while two sentences of text are displayed at the bottom of the screen - and I've come to the unfortunate realization that there is absolutely no point in playing the main game anymore.

Now I'm sure they attribute the lack of character fatalities to a lack of memory space. I mean, that is a huge amount of characters to deal with, after all. But to that argument, I pose the following questions:

Did we need the stupid Motor Kombat?

Did we need the preview for Rampage?

Did we need 25 gameplay videos?

Did we need snapshots of the entire development team?

Did we need 126 pieces of concept art?

Did we really even need alternate costumes? Or the soundtrack tunes?

Having all that extra stuff - particularly the alt suits and music - is nice. But the key word there is "extra." You don't sacrifice the heart and soul of the game - nay, the ENTIRE POINT OF THE WHOLE SERIES - just to show the world how miserably you can fail at emulating Mario Kart.

I mean, as great as it is, I would even sacrifice Konquest mode as well if it meant getting to see Scorpion's hell breath (which I am STILL waiting to see done with this next-gen graphics engine, dammit!), Shang Tsung's soul steal, Raiden's electocution, and all the other fun things I'm sure they could have come up with for all those characters.

All in all, I will be picking up this game at some point, once the price goes down. I haven't missed a real Mortal Kombat game yet (mythologies, special forces [did that even come out?] and shaolin monks don't count), and I'm not about to start now. Especially since this is probably going to be the last Mortal Kombat game as we know it.

And if nothing else, it's so much fun to kick ass as He-Man.

Now that I've gotten to play them all, I'd have to say my ranking of the MK games goes as follows:

Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat II
    Mortal Kombat 4
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Mortal Kombat Deception
    Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    Mortal Kombat 3

I definitely want to rent Transformers next.
    Last edited by VaderLives; July 10, 2007 at 09:26pm.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Guitar Hero III Wii Guitar Revealed!

Big pic here:

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/im...july/gh3/6.jpg

2nd pic :

That looks sweet
    Does anyone know if there are any plans at all to make a left-handed controller?

--Leanne

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any plans at all to make a left-handed controller?

--Leanne
    I know on the 360 you can change a game setting that allows you to flip it around and play it left handed. The frets on the screen are reveresed also....the hammer bar just isn't in the right place. How do I know this, it unlocks an achievement in GH II haha.