Page 105 of 351 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Yeah, there is the "lefty flip" option. But it doesn't change the problem of the whammy bar being in the way when you turn the guitar over to play it left-handed.

I wish we'd get a decent lefty controller one day

--Leanne

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca View Post
    Yeah, there is the "lefty flip" option. But it doesn't change the problem of the whammy bar being in the way when you turn the guitar over to play it left-handed.

--Leanne
    I doubt you'll get one. Just another example of the lefties getting oppressed by the man. They probably thought they had it figured out with the lefty flip option but overlooked the whammy bar.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    I know you're getting at something here, but if I take what you said in the literal sense, I can say that if it was $499 eight months ago, why is it that every store I walked into 2 days ago had it marked at $599?
    Sony launched the PS3 with 2 SKUs, a 20GIG and 60GIG. The only differences between the two were the $499 had no Wi-Fi, no memory card slots, and the disc slot area was black and not silver. Sony quietly phased out the 20GIG sometime in March...or around the first three months of the year.

See, I know people are going to say the 60GIG has Wi-Fi and the memory card slots, but at the same time, XBOX 360 has neither of those features (out of the box) and it did well (or as well as it can considering the failure rates). The Elite is $479 and people buy it without the Wi-Fi and memory card slots.

That being said, people can EASILY switch out the 60GIG hard drive and put in a larger size notebook (2.5 inch) hard drive for probably less than what Sony is selling the 80GIG. I'd probably match the 360 Elite's 120HDD for the $100 that Sony is asking for.

I might sound like a bitter PS3 owner since I bought mine for $599, but that isn't the case. I WANT more people to have a PS3 so I can actually add people on my friend's list...I don't know anyone personally that has a PS3. I'm not a mass consumer. I'm an early adopter as is evident with my purchases of the 360, Wii, and PS3 all within the launch period.

In other words, the $499 price point shouldn't be a big deal because the PS3 was at some point or another already at $499. Sony was losing more on the $499 at the time which is probably why they phased it out. Will the price point spike sales? Yes. Will it help during the holidays? Probably, but the price point isn't what will sell the PS3...it's the games.

Once the PS3 gets to $449 or $399, that will be the big news...but my concern is, will it be too late?
    Last edited by hemanrep; July 10, 2007 at 02:39pm.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I WANT more people to have a PS3 so I can actually add people on my friend's list...I don't know anyone personally that has a PS3.
    I feel your pain on that. Other than my friends here on the .org, my only friend I know that has a 360 JUST got it last week.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca View Post

--Leanne
    Learn to play right-handed. That's what I did.

(I'm left-handed. "Sinister" if you will.)
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

VaderLives: In MK for the Wii, there's no way to create a new character with a different "profile" or anything? You can only have a single KAK at a single time?? Yikes...
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu View Post
    VaderLives: In MK for the Wii, there's no way to create a new character with a different "profile" or anything? You can only have a single KAK at a single time?? Yikes...
    No that is not correct, you can create 1 KAK per profile and I think you can have up to 8 profiles. You choose which one you want to load when the game starts or you can put in a code to swap profiles in and out

So you can have multiple KAK's just not loaded at the same time
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I might sound like a bitter PS3 owner since I bought mine for $599, but that isn't the case. I WANT more people to have a PS3 so I can actually add people on my friend's list...I don't know anyone personally that has a PS3. I'm not a mass consumer. I'm an early adopter as is evident with my purchases of the 360, Wii, and PS3 all within the launch period.

Let me know your PS3 sign-on and we can add each other.

Possible 4th sku for Xbox 360

The Gamerscore Blog posted a series of photos on its Flickr account of Microsoft team members rehearsing for tonight's E3 2007 keynote, possibly inadvertently revealing what many believe to be an all-new, fourth Xbox 360 hardware release. With the Core, Premium and Elite models represented, the fourth could be at any place in the specification spectrum, either signaling a less expensive, more casually targeted unit or a more expensive, more feature rich unit. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the former as I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft be more aggressive in targeting a less hardcore crowd with a lower cost, possibly bundled box. We'll know more tonight, starting at 7:30 PM PDT.
    E3: Soul Calbur Legends Trailer - Looks really good and multiplayer co-op
    http://uk.gamespot.com/video/939465/...cial-trailer-1

E3: Trauma Center 2 for Wii Announced
    16:9 Widescreen, 2 player co-op, online ranking and leaderboards. Pics courtesy of Famitsu/neogaf boards. E3 press release avail on kotaku.com

Newsweek recommends MS recall the 360

E3: Hands-on Assasins Creed, this game looks simply amazing
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/802/802800p1.html

E3: Guitar Hero III trailer, Welcome to the Jungle and new songs featured as well as Slash
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...790&cl=3300522

E3: Atari confirms Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 will be online for Wii
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/802/802912p1.html

"Atari is incredibly excited to provide online gameplay for the Wii and a special Disc Fusion System for the PlayStation 2 system (to compensate for it being offline) version of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3," said Emily Anadu, senior product manager, Atari. "Adding online gameplay for Wii will finally deliver on a feature that fans have been waiting for"
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No that is not correct, you can create 1 KAK per profile and I think you can have up to 8 profiles. You choose which one you want to load when the game starts or you can put in a code to swap profiles in and out

So you can have multiple KAK's just not loaded at the same time

Yeah, like markatisu said, you have one KAF slot per profile, and 8 available profile slots. It's just that on the PS2 and 360 versions you get two KAF slots per profile, wheras on the Wii the second KAF slot was replaced with N64 Khameleon, which would have been cool if not for the fact that without character fatalities I see no point in playing as her, because her special moves aren't particularly impressive.

So sure I could create another profile and make Skeletor in that (which I will do at some point), it's just that I have over 80,000 koins in my profile that I'm not doing anything with because I've already unlocked everything in the krypt that I'm interested in, and it would be really nice if I could use them to make another character. I really wish I could do that rather than having to make another new profile and earn all that money all over again.

And if you're playing a VS battle you can have player one load one profile and player two load another and therefore probably be able to have two KAF characters (haven't tried that yet as I only have one profile so far).
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    So sure I could create another profile and make Skeletor in that (which I will do at some point), it's just that I have over 80,000 koins in my profile that I'm not doing anything with because I've already unlocked everything in the krypt that I'm interested in, and it would be really nice if I could use them to make another character. I really wish I could do that rather than having to make another new profile and earn all that money all over again.
    But doesnt everything you unlock in the crypt and KAK transfer over to a new profile? I have not played around with it that much to figure out what carries over or not but I thought I read at gamefaqs.com that it does (so you would not have to play Konquest again for instance).

I agree about the lack of personal character oriented fatalities being a bad point but I still love this game, I rented it first because I was weary of the port status but ended up buying it a few days later (just like with Transformers) because I enjoyed the Wii controls over the classic and gamecube style. Konquest is really really fun, it was an unexpected surprise for me having not played a MK since I think MK3 or the N64 version LONG ago.

It might be the last Wii MK we ever get though, there is talk now of the next MK being a reboot to the franchise and only on the 360 and PS3...which is kind of a downer to me because the Wii version has sold very healthy (for a almost year late port with experimental control scheme it has sold more than 100,000 copies and rising) and the reviews across the board were very positive in were the franchise could head (the developers themselves wanted badly to take Armageddon online with the Wii but ran into problems with Nintendo's availability, that has since been fixed so if another edition were to come out it would be online 100%).

But doesnt everything you unlock in the crypt and KAK transfer over to a new profile? I have not played around with it that much to figure out what carries over or not but I thought I read at gamefaqs.com that it does (so you would not have to play Konquest again for instance).
    Well in Deadly Alliance and Deception when you make a new profile you start from scratch, so I don't see why this one (which is the exact same gameplay engine just with more characters and no real fatalities) would be any different.

Besides, even if the stuff I unlocked in the Krypt carried over to a new profile, the new profile still wouldn't have any money, so I'd still have to earn it back again in order to unlok the KAF things I want.

Unless KAF stuff carries over too, but I'm not sure. I'll have to try that later tonight (seeing as the game is due back tomorrow).

And that would TOTALLY suck if they don't make MK games for Nintendo anymore. Though I kind of doubt that (with the exception of the original game and trilogy, the nintendo versions of all the MK games have always been the best home versions). But the girl and I definitely want to get a 360 at some point, so I'll eventually still be able to play if that becomes the case.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Unless KAF stuff carries over too, but I'm not sure. I'll have to try that later tonight (seeing as the game is due back tomorrow).
    If you find out let me know, I have created two but I cant remember the access code to load the 2nd one so I never do

If you find out let me know, I have created two but I cant remember the access code to load the 2nd one so I never do
    Haha. That happened to me with Deadly Alliance. So ever since my profile codes are just "AAAAAA," "BBBBBB," etc.

-Harvey Dent

Well the MS E3 Conference is over, not much news

• All trailers, etc for GTA IV were taken from 360 version
    • Call of Duty 4 to get beta multiplayer on Xbox Live
    • Halo 3 Edition Xbox coming in Sept
    • Gears of War coming to XP/Vista with 5 new levels and additional content
    • Resident Evil 5 confirmed for 360, in game trailer coming soon
    • MS getting Disney home library on Xbox Live Marketplace

Thats about it, but with Ubisoft showing us a full level of Assassins Creed and the 1st new trailer footage (in game they claim) of RE5, I think my mind for a next console has been made up. Now I just am going to wait for a price drop and maybe a few months to let them get updated boards that seem to be problem free into the chain.

It will be interesting to see what Sony says tomorrow, they have to announce new games other than Killzone 2 or MGS. MS's answer to the Wii as competition was more of less the success of Xbox Live and Viva Pinata 2, that was about it....really.

Not sure based on what MS showed if Nintendo really needs to do much to stay on pace with MS, its all in Sonys ball park in my opinion to get back in the game.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Well the MS E3 Conference is over, not much news

• All trailers, etc for GTA IV were taken from 360 version
    • Call of Duty 4 to get beta multiplayer on Xbox Live
    • Halo 3 Edition Xbox coming in Sept
    • Gears of War coming to XP/Vista with 5 new levels and additional content
    • Resident Evil 5 confirmed for 360, in game trailer coming soon
    • MS getting Disney home library on Xbox Live Marketplace

Thats about it, but with Ubisoft showing us a full level of Assassins Creed and the 1st new trailer footage (in game they claim) of RE5, I think my mind for a next console has been made up. Now I just am going to wait for a price drop and maybe a few months to let them get updated boards that seem to be problem free into the chain.

It will be interesting to see what Sony says tomorrow, they have to announce new games other than Killzone 2 or MGS. MS's answer to the Wii as competition was more of less the success of Xbox Live and Viva Pinata 2, that was about it....really.

Not sure based on what MS showed if Nintendo really needs to do much to stay on pace with MS, its all in Sonys ball park in my opinion to get back in the game.
    I agree. That conference was very disappointing. No price drop makes me sad. It won't be very hard for Sony to top Microsoft's showing. I mean, all they have to do is show MGS4, give us more information on HOME, and Killzone....and they easily beat Microsoft for E3 2007. I am a bit jealous though...Blue Dragon demo is on Marketplace. I've been waiting for that game forever!

I'm more intrigued about seeing what Nintendo will do. I've listened to almost every video game podcast imaginable over the past two weeks and everyone is expecting Sony to have the most to gain and that Nintendo will have the most to lose. I really hope they don't concentrate 20 minutes to Mario and Sonic at the Olympics...it might just best Microsoft for worst of E3...not that that game is bad, but I'm hoping they give us something meaty.

I'm more intrigued about seeing what Nintendo will do. I've listened to almost every video game podcast imaginable over the past two weeks and everyone is expecting Sony to have the most to gain and that Nintendo will have the most to lose. I really hope they don't concentrate 20 minutes to Mario and Sonic at the Olympics...it might just best Microsoft for worst of E3...not that that game is bad, but I'm hoping they give us something meaty.
    I think it will take more than an MSG trailer for Sony to get in it, I mean they announced as early as a week ago they were going to show a new one and it would be avail on the PS3 for download as soon as the conference was over.

With Konami coming out yesterday and saying MSG "may" go to the 360 as well and last night Square Enix giving a press statement that the PS3 was still too expensive and needed to lower I think Sony has to do a lot more at E3 just to keep its own games than it does to win over the hardcore or impress the media.

After last night though the general consensus among analysts and the web (game sites) was that Nintendo could just walk out, talk about their big 3 and give release dates and it would be good to go. Remember only the hardcore are questioning Nintendo, the casual gamer has already spoken and that wont change till at least 2008.

I am inclined to agree, I am mean look at how much they have sold based on the promise of the 3 games that are coming and essentially Wii Sports/Wii Play and Mario Party.....what dictates they have to destroy the competition at E3? We are more than 8 months past launch and still there are signs in Targets and Walmarts saying "Due to high demand the Wii is sold out", so with the GDK conference coming up later this year I think Nintendo may just wait on some of their surprises since they are in no rush, and as one analyst put it last night "they are fighting their own game and trying to change the rules at the same time, to them its a 1 horse race where Sony and Microsoft are not considered in competition".

What I would like to see personally is

• release dates for the 2 games (Mario Galaxy and SSBB)
    • Upgraded SD Card support (since space is running out for lots of users)
    • Mario Kart Wii
    • Maybe 1-2 surprises for future games

Thats not asking a whole lot, and remember Mario at the Olympics is being shown by Sega so I doubt it will be a centerpiece for Nintendo. If it was going to be a central product for them it would have been EAD or another Nintendo dev house taking the reins.

Plus yesterdays game announcements like Dragonball Z being fully online (only on the Wii as the PS2 will get bonus discs in its place) as well as new games like Trauma Center having online components shows progress and the fact that developers are no longer being shut out of the online system (regardless of whether we all like the friend codes or not).

There are also heavy rumors last night by Matt at IGN's roundtable that Factor 5 will be announcing a Wii game shortly (maybe not at E3) and that it may be Pilotwings since they were rumored to have been working on the GCN version but it got cancelled.

Here are 1st impressions of Killzone 2

VaderLives: Just a heads up, but on the other versions of MK:A, everything you unlock for creating a kharacter/fighter in one profile is automatically available in all other created profiles afterwards. That's why I just keep buying everything in one profile, buy it there, and it'll be available in all the others.

The Wii may be different, but I doubt it. Check it out!

Oh, and are the Wii controlls really that much better than the other consoles? I was thinking they might be clunkier and harder to use, so it put me off getting the Wii version. If they're as good or better, I might pick up this version after all.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Oh, and are the Wii controlls really that much better than the other consoles? I was thinking they might be clunkier and harder to use, so it put me off getting the Wii version. If they're as good or better, I might pick up this version after all.
    I really like them, I can hit my moves 90-95% of the time with ease. The problem I have found with a lot of people is they dont know their characters moves, since you can assign moves in KAK you know what is what. They have a training area where the screen keeps track of what you are doing with the motion controls and if you spend 10-15 min in there you learn (like with SSX Blur) how to pull things off.

Its an issue I have with almost all Wii games, the fact that nobody wants to "learn" new controls or how to do them "properly". SSX Blur, Mortal Kombat, and even Transformers all suffer in reviews and critques from people who dont know how to use them.

Transformers for instance gets ripped because people are trying to control the camera on the wiimote and attack at the same time...the nunchuck does the exact same attacks and allows for the wiimote to control the camera but I can guarantee you most people start off trying to use the wiimote for both.

But I love the MK Wii controls, I was never good at handling all the buttons for those ridiculously large combos so the fact that I can chain several attackks and pull out my sword that I gave my KAK and decimate the opponent is too much fun.

If you are interested in the Wii version of MK my suggestion is wait till its budget priced. It has sold a healthy amount of copies and retailers know that its nearing time for clearance down to $29 or $19.

The general consensus from sites like gamefaqs, gamespot, and neogaf are that the Wii controls are easy to pick up with practice. So if you dont mind sacrificing online play (which is the only thing the others have that the Wii does not) then the Wii is a good option... if of course you dont already own the other versions (the Xbox and PS2 version are like $19 I think now).

And remember you can always use the classic controller or the gamecube pad, its not like Midway forces you to use the Wii controls.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, like markatisu said, you have one KAF slot per profile, and 8 available profile slots. It's just that on the PS2 and 360 versions you get two KAF slots per profile, wheras on the Wii the second KAF slot was replaced with N64 Khameleon, which would have been cool if not for the fact that without character fatalities I see no point in playing as her, because her special moves aren't particularly impressive.
    No, no, no, no, no. You have this all wrong, sir.

I have both the PS2 and XBox versions, and have played them both rather thoroughly.

You can have up to 8 profiles (well, you can have more in the case of PS2 if you use multiple memory cards... and I assume the same hold true for using memory cards for Xbox, but the bottom line is that for any one storage media, you can only have 8 profiles). And you can only make 1 KAK per profile, not two.

Yes, there are two spots on the select screen for KAK on those versions, but they are actually both the same thing. Once you enter a profile, no matter which of those two slots you select, the same character comes up. They just put two spots on the select screen for looks more than anything. So, replacing on of them with Khameleon for the Wii version really doesn't effect anything aside from the look of the select screen.

I have yet to play the Wii version, but I have no reason to believe that beyond the differences we already know about (i.e. the use of motion controls and the inclusion of Khameleon), that anything else is different in this version than the other ones.

So, you should be able to create 8 Profiles (with 1 KAK each) under a single save file as with the other versions.

And as galmorzu pointed out, when it comes to unlocking the KAK pieces, just focus on unlocking them all under one profile. Once that is done, the pieces are available in all of the profiles of that save file, and you can customize yourself away.

Here's a bit of advise... if you plan to unlock a few components make a KAK to use a lot right away, make sure to give them Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick move right away, and use it frequently when in battle. The multiple hits with that kick count as a combo, and if done at close range, you will gain 60 koins each time you do it, which can be used to unlock more items (I've even mixed it in with other moves and have managed to get over 100 koins with a combo with little difficulty... you can rack them up very quickly this way).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Hi people, I've got a little question. A couple of days ago I read in this thread that the 100 dollar drop for the PS3 was not true.
    But now I read several reports that Sony will get 100 dollar off the price. Can anybody tell me what's true?

Thanks.

Gr, Rax
    Matt Trakker: -Computer, select the best agents for this mission.

M.A.S.K. computer: -Alex Sector, computer and communications expert. Vehicle codename: Rhino.
    -Buddie Hawks, intelligence expert, contact with the underworld. Vehicle codename: Firecracker.
    -He-Man, the most powerful man of the universe. Vehicle codename: Battle Cat.

Matt Trakker: -SAY WHAT?! www.matt-trakker.com

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    Hi people, I've got a little question. A couple of days ago I read in this thread that the 100 dollar drop for the PS3 was not true.
    But now I read several reports that Sony will get 100 dollar off the price. Can anybody tell me what's true?

Thanks.

Gr, Rax
    Very ture, check Best Buy online and theyre advertising the price drop
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mannyscollectibles View Post
    Its a nationwide price drop, it will be featured in ads next week but in stores like Target and Toys R Us its already being advertised and rung up at registers. Depending on the store location they may be waiting till Sunday but sites like slickdeals, fatwallet and amazon are already reflecting the price drop as live. Several sites are even offering free wireless controllers or other goodies to get people to buy in at the cheaper price (before the 80gb unit comes into retail).

Not sure what is wrong with Sonys PR lately, it seems like the left and right hand are not talking much.

Back before the internet was instant access the deny tactic used to work but when you have todays climate where retail managers were showing news sites the order to lower the price $100 the denial kinda falls flat.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalChemical View Post
    Learn to play right-handed. That's what I did.
    Nah, I'd rather stick with what's natural. I'd feel like a schmuck if I tried to switch sides!

But that's just me and my overly pro-leftyness.

--Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by mannyscollectibles View Post
    That's cool! Thanks for the quick reply.

Gr, Rax
    Matt Trakker: -Computer, select the best agents for this mission.

M.A.S.K. computer: -Alex Sector, computer and communications expert. Vehicle codename: Rhino.
    -Buddie Hawks, intelligence expert, contact with the underworld. Vehicle codename: Firecracker.
    -He-Man, the most powerful man of the universe. Vehicle codename: Battle Cat.

Matt Trakker: -SAY WHAT?! www.matt-trakker.com