Page 107 of 351 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Point As much as I want it, 3 jobs isn't worth all that stuff. That's just my opinion though.
    Trust me I dont have 3 jobs to pay for toys and video games

I am just saying that the idea of owning one system due to funds is limited at best, if you save and/or wait for sales in 1 years time you could easily get two. The people who can only afford one I would argue are the minority not the majority (given that Nintendo and MS almost have the same sales figures would agree with that).

I have over 30 games for GameCube and I regret buying probably 2/3s of it...mostly third party titles. It's the sole reason why I haven't bought Spiderman 3 or Transformers.
    Transformers is a great game, Spiderman 3 is trash lol

But comparing the Wii and the GameCube is totally different. This generation is something I've never experienced before. As much as I want to root Nintendo on, I just don't see the argument that Nintendo's games are hardcore. The definition of "hardcore" has changed and with the exception of Zelda, Mario, and Metroid, what other games can attract PS and XBOX gamers?
    Thats your understanding on "hardcore" and I think we agree to disagree, I consider myself "hardcore" because I am into video games as a whole. To me a "hardcore game" does two things, it challenges my imagination and gives me a different experience then just picking up a controller and going through the motions. So far all I really see in "next-gen hardcore" games is a graphics orgy with many of the same controls from the last generation still being overused. Games like that etchasketch puzzle looking thing from Sony PS3 are what I consider a "hardcore" game because it pushes those 2 limits.

The fans of those consoles are into physics, advanced AI, and amazing graphics. They only buy a Wii because they want their girlfriend/wife/non-gaming friends to play with them. Can the Wii satisfy gamers? Not likely.
    Again we need to agree to disagree because I could argue the exact opposite, amazing graphics and advanced AI are better on the PC and always will be (hence DirectX 10 games), I am sure The Deviot could back me up on this point. As an owner of systems from NES all the way to now for me its the quality of the games overall including gameplay and story, neither of those 2 you mentioned in what apparently a "console fan" wants.

E3: No more 60GB PlayStation 3 in US after July, says Reeves

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704

SCEE president David Reeves has told GamesIndustry.biz that the 60GB PlayStation 3 will no longer be available in the US after stock sells out - which he predicts will occur by the end of the month.

So PS3 is going BACK to $599? What kind of strategy is that?!?!
    That makes sense even though its ass-backwards, if they sell out the entire 60gb sku they will have racked up millions in sales and be right back in the race.

But like I said its a backwards thing to do and why announce it less than 1 week after the price drop.

You said Nintendo sometimes messes things up, Sony seems to be able to go 1 step forward and 2 steps back constantly
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Hardcore players play everything and anything of merit. Not just M and AO titles like the know nothing prepubescents on Xbox Live would have you believe. The key word is merit so, that also means that most hardcore players aren't going to have many games that are "M for the sake of being M" games in the roster. I don't think you neccesarily have to OWN everything, and anything to be hardcore, but you'll be open to actually play it. This gen I've been PC, and Wii so far. I'll probably get the 360 next, and the ps3 is last on my agenda.
    But it doesn't mean I'm not going to ever play those. I play 360 at a friends whenever I visit. I've played the PS3 a few times at stores, But outside of UT3 which I'm buying for the computer anyway, not much really wows me. But I'll admit it has a few nice things lined up. I think the cost issue with the PS3 is less a matter of it being pricey, and more a matter of "What else can I do with $600" $2000-$4000 if you're throwing an HDTV, and Accessories into the equation. $4000 builds me a hardcore rig, and one of the other consoles to hook up to the bangin' HD monitor it came with

Going back to Hardcore though, I think Hardcore types need to crackdown on the aforementioned preteen poseurs. They're giving us a bad image! Abusing 13375p34k (For crying out loud you're only supposed to SPELL words in leet not pronounce them in leet!) overusing words like noob, calling a new player a hack when he cleanly beats them calling his leetness into question.
    And for God's sake where are their parents? Just because you're playing over the internet doesn't mean you don't have to be polite anymore you little swear word.

And markatsiu is right man. DX10 with a Geforce 8800 GTX on a dual or quadcore system w 2GB RAM is going to blow away anything the PS3/360 can do. That's not to take away from those systems, but if you have to be cutting edge all of the time a DIY PC is where it's at graphically. And E3 showed a pretty big commitment to the PC IMHO. Lots of multiplatform stuff also coming to PC.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; July 13, 2007 at 11:38am.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Hardcore players play everything and anything of merit.

Going back to Hardcore though, I think Hardcore types need to crackdown on the aforementioned preteen poseurs. They're giving us a bad image! Abusing 13375p34k (For crying out loud you're only supposed to SPELL words in leet not pronounce them in leet!) overusing words like noob, calling a new player a hack when he cleanly beats them calling his leetness into question.

And for God's sake where are their parents? Just because you're playing over the internet doesn't mean you have to stop being polite you little swear word.
    You and me see eye to eye

That is exactly what I think as well, that is what makes me so angry when I hear "Nintendo is turning their back on the hardcore" or "Sony is much more hardcore"

In the case of Nintendo: why because they are doing things not everyone has tried, but because its not a graphics orgy or something that looks "cool" to play it gets shunned?

And in the case of Sony why are they so hardcore? Because they managed to develop 1st party games that look nice? Shouldnt that be the goal of all game developers?? Its not Nintendos fault that third parties see $$$$ in making cheap ports, yeah the arguement could be made that Nintendo's hardware is not up to snuff but nobody can argue that for every 1 Resident Evil (great graphics) or Eternal Darkness (incredible story and gameplay) there are 100 stinkers because the hardware was not pushed.

Sony is suffering just as bad from the fact that people are not pushing the hardware, except its because they cant seem to figure it out (just yet), but nobody seems to want to ***** and moan about how thats Sony's fault but yet the hypocrite glasses are put on when speaking about the Wii.

I will wait till 2009 to judge whether all the companies have went in bad directions, I maintain the reason we got the orgy of games we did at E3 from Sony is because they are in dire financial position and had no choice. MS and Nintendo had no reason whatsoever to say "look whats coming in 2008 or next season", not when they have enough A and potentially AAA titles to sell their systems through Christmas.

Now if we get to Q3 2008 and Wii Fit is about the grandest thing Nintendo has come up with, thats a different story. If we get to Q3 2008 and games like MSG and FF are still "coming", it will be another story.

the term "hardcore" this gen has made me embarrased to be a gamer, I play things because they are made well, they seem interesting, and they take up my time. Whether its Wii Sports, Gears of War, or NBA Live I think as long as you enjoy video games and are willing to see all the potential that games can provide that makes you hardcore. Also some knowledge of what you are talking about is a key factor, these younger kids just sicken me because they whine and moan constantly but have no frame of reference. They dont know what good games are half the time, just whats perceived as cool, and that is not how gaming should be looked at.

OK rant done

E3: Wii Raw vs Smackdown 2008 demo

This is really getting me excited, THQ could have taken the easy way out and just ported over RvS07 and upped the visuals slightly while tacking on the controls. This demo shows in fact though they took the DoR engine (as I had hoped since it was developed on the GC) and worked with the same motion captures as the 360/PS3 version (getting rid of the slight "robocop" walk that DoR suffered from). In the Pre-E3 pics the crowd looked horrid, but in motion the crowd is 3D so I am thankful again that THQ did not take the easy way out.

I have yet to see the controls in motion by a real player (the WWE Divas were seriously lacking in how to play) but I do think this will be the closest we get to a No Mercy or WM2000 next-gen game (the developers even said that was their goal). All in All I think this will be a Day 1 purchase because I loved DoR.

The 360 and PS3 look really really nice, so I think all WWE/Wrestling game fans will win regardless of system. That is what I think developers should aim for, work with the strengths of the systems you have instead of just lazy porting things or half assing it to get it done.

Of course I could be wrong and this game could blow, but it seems like they did not have to change much from DoR in the Wii version or RvS07 for the PS3/360. If it aint broke dont fix it!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Thats your understanding on "hardcore" and I think we agree to disagree, I consider myself "hardcore" because I am into video games as a whole. To me a "hardcore game" does two things, it challenges my imagination and gives me a different experience then just picking up a controller and going through the motions. So far all I really see in "next-gen hardcore" games is a graphics orgy with many of the same controls from the last generation still being overused. Games like that etchasketch puzzle looking thing from Sony PS3 are what I consider a "hardcore" game because it pushes those 2 limits.
    Echo Chrome (I think that's what it's called) is just a rubrick cube with a twist. In that sense, if the PS3 had Planet Puzzle League and Tetris with HD graphics and was downloadable on the PS Store, would those be considered hardcore? I consider those to be on the same level as Echo Chrome?

Again we need to agree to disagree because I could argue the exact opposite, amazing graphics and advanced AI are better on the PC and always will be (hence DirectX 10 games), I am sure The Deviot could back me up on this point. As an owner of systems from NES all the way to now for me its the quality of the games overall including gameplay and story, neither of those 2 you mentioned in what apparently a "console fan" wants.
    I've own the majority of the systems as well, with the exception of the Saturn and I also look at gameplay and story...but also overall presentation. PC gaming, IMO, is something totally different from console gaming.

I am definitely a HUGE fan of story and gameplay. I'd even take those over HD graphics (which is why I got a Wii to play Zelda). But can you really say that the Wii has games with compelling stories that you cannot find on a last gen or current gen console? We're going to have to rely on Nintendo to come through on that part, and that's like asking for a Zelda every year because let's face it, Nintendo isn't really known for amazing story telling. The only games that really pop up that might have a good story are Crystal Chronicles, and may be Metroid (though the Metroid stories never really made sense to me). I'm not even talking about blood or the violence aspect...just the actual nature of the games like story, which really...I haven't seen much on the Wii nor do I see any games except FF: CC coming out anytime soon.

Everything else (currently) is either a music game, a mini-game collection, or a licensed movie/TV game. And I don't have a problem with any of those games....it just doesn't scream "MUST BUY" for core gamers. I definitely expect new games to be announced that have substance either at Lepzeig (sp?) or at the TGS, but not totally sure if I should expect more of the same or games that have story AND gameplay that are unique to Wii. I get the fun factor aspect that Nintendo is pushing (I camped outside a Target for seven long hours for my Wii so that says a lot about me supporting Nintendo), but I'm hoping I'll get more than that.

I'm not even looking for 30-60 hour games...I'll be satisfied with 10-15 hour games that have great storytelling, amazing controls, and have that fun factor that Wii already has to offer.

Sorry I have to add this...I am TOTALLY onboard with the Wii. I'm looking forward to the games the system has to offer (Mario and Smash more specifically). But I'm also happy that I can complement the Wii with the PS3 and eventually a 360 because those consoles definitely give me games like Blue Dragon, Uncharted, Lair, GTA4, and Assassin's Creed that have story, gameplay, and great graphics. So in the end I'm a happy camper. I'm not lashing out at Nintendo because I don't like them, I just want them to have EVERYTHING!
    Last edited by hemanrep; July 13, 2007 at 12:20pm.

PC gaming, IMO, is something totally different from console gaming.
    PC gaming now, that is more of a direct effect of the routes Sony and MS have chosen. There was a time in the mid 90's where PC gaming was almost exactly as console gaming is now. PC gaming is slowly returning to those roots though and therefore I see them as the same.

I'm not lashing out at Nintendo because I don't like them, I just want them to have EVERYTHING!
    You and me both

But I think gaming has grown way to big for that. I would like most of all to see third parties come up with really solid games.

It seems that in almost all of our discussions we only get the really good and memorable games from Nintendo, Sony, and MS in-house companies.

PC gaming, IMO, is something totally different from console gaming.
    It's a little different than consoles, in that it's a deeper part of the hobby.
    I think a game is a videogame no matter what platform. And a lot of games are coming to the PC that are coming to or have already been on console systems.
    Bioshock, UT3, are probably the biggest two. But then there are heavy PC games like Starcraft II, Cryisis, Spore, etc.
    And the PC gets a director's cut of Gears of War this year
    Also the Games For Windows initiative is slowly making it easier for people who never bought games for their computer. The Games that have that logo are compatible with the 360 Gamepad, support Widescreen monitors, and have a pick up, and play installation. That means you pop in the game, start playing it, and it installs in the background as you play. Then if you've got Vista it ties in with the performance indicator, a score of 1-5.9, and the lowest scoring component will be your score. In the future game makers will put that score on the box so that novices won't even have to know what requirements their PC needs to meet. If a game has a #3 on the box, and their performance rating is a #1 they'll know before opening the box it won't run. Conversely if a game is a #3 or higher required, and that same person has a #3 it's going to automatically pick the best settings for the game to run at that #3 level. And the performance breakdown means a non savvy pc owner will know what needs upgrading Ie"Holy crap my RAM score is crappy. I'd better take it to a technician for an upgrade"

But we all start as novices, then you learn how to do an upgrade or two yourself, and you feel proud. Next thing you know you're building, and troubleshooting/fixing your own machine, and maybe even getting a job doing it for other people. And if you can't afford a new part, games are scaleable. So if you can live with reduced visuals you don't have to join the arms race.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Is it sad that I am kind of excited about Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the DS?

I know it's just UMK3 with Puzzle Kombat from deception as an extra, but it still looks pretty sweet. It would be nicer if it was the MK Trilogy upgrade rather than just UMK3, but it's still pretty cool in my book.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

GR81 says:

I am interested in the wrestling game...Should be real interesting indeed.
    Also, Mario Galaxy seems like a must have, even if its single player.

RE would be a game i would buy cuz it has multi-coop.
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Yeah I totally want to nab Smackdown Vs Raw 2k8 for the Wii.
    I played 2k7 on the 360, and it was pretty cool, so this should really prove amazing. On the Wii front, I also want Metroid, Smash Bros. Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, RE Umbrella Chronicles, That Sega shooter, and probably the zapper. Probably nab Wii Fit at some point too.
    The Deviot

-?

PC gaming now, that is more of a direct effect of the routes Sony and MS have chosen. There was a time in the mid 90's where PC gaming was almost exactly as console gaming is now. PC gaming is slowly returning to those roots though and therefore I see them as the same.
    Yeah, I have to agree, but it is still intimidating and expensive to play games on the PC!!!

It seems that in almost all of our discussions we only get the really good and memorable games from Nintendo, Sony, and MS in-house companies.
    Can I just add that I LOVE that we can debate about this stuff without having to resort to name calling and lashing out at each other...so much more nicer than those game forums.

It's a little different than consoles, in that it's a deeper part of the hobby.
    I think a game is a videogame no matter what platform. And a lot of games are coming to the PC that are coming to or have already been on console systems.
    Bioshock, UT3, are probably the biggest two. But then there are heavy PC games like Starcraft II, Cryisis, Spore, etc.
    And the PC gets a director's cut of Gears of War this year
    Also the Games For Windows initiative is slowly making it easier for people who never bought games for their computer. The Games that have that logo are compatible with the 360 Gamepad, support Widescreen monitors, and have a pick up, and play installation. That means you pop in the game, start playing it, and it installs in the background as you play. Then if you've got Vista it ties in with the performance indicator, a score of 1-5.9, and the lowest scoring component will be your score. In the future game makers will put that score on the box so that novices won't even have to know what requirements their PC needs to meet. If a game has a #3 on the box, and their performance rating is a #1 they'll know before opening the box it won't run. Conversely if a game is a #3 or higher required, and that same person has a #3 it's going to automatically pick the best settings for the game to run at that #3 level. And the performance breakdown means a non savvy pc owner will know what needs upgrading Ie"Holy crap my RAM score is crappy. I'd better take it to a technician for an upgrade"

But we all start as novices, then you learn how to do an upgrade or two yourself, and you feel proud. Next thing you know you're building, and troubleshooting/fixing your own machine, and maybe even getting a job doing it for other people. And if you can't afford a new part, games are scaleable. So if you can live with reduced visuals you don't have to join the arms race.
    Absolutely, I'm not saying PC gaming isn't part of video games, but I am what you call a casual PC gamer. I'm more into the Sims, Warcraft (the REAL Warcraft), and StarCraft games...which don't need high-end graphic cards.

Can I add that I NEED Spore to come out ASAP? You hear me Will Wright! Stop delaying that game!!!!

So Sony will have to wait till summer 2008 to get in the race
    It said early 2008 at the end of the trailer. I consider summer mid-2008 but who knows. Konami is known to push back their release dates at the last minute.

EDIT: Wow, is Sony going to make me look dumb for writing all that good stuff?

E3: No more 60GB PlayStation 3 in US after July, says Reeves

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704

SCEE president David Reeves has told GamesIndustry.biz that the 60GB PlayStation 3 will no longer be available in the US after stock sells out - which he predicts will occur by the end of the month.

So PS3 is going BACK to $599? What kind of strategy is that?!?!
    I'll believe it when I see it on IGN. A) It was a representative from Sony Europe, and B) Sony is known to contradict the things they say with their actions.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it on IGN. A) It was a representative from Sony Europe, and B) Sony is known to contradict the things they say with their actions.
    Yeah, SCEA already denied it...but they also denied the phasing out of the 20GIG SKU and the price drop a week before it was confirmed...so who knows what the heck they will be doing.

Also, Mario Galaxy seems like a must have, even if its single player.
    Its not totally single player, there are co-op features (another wiimote can move stuff out of the way as well as hurt you if they wanted to hinder your adventure), definitly if you have a wife or a gaming friend the co-op feature could prove very beneficial.

You are not the only one, when I saw it for the first time and found out it would be online I was sold. Having recently gotten back into MK with Armageddon helped a lot as well.

Can I just add that I LOVE that we can debate about this stuff without having to resort to name calling and lashing out at each other...so much more nicer than those game forums.
    I agree, I just wish more people would post. Sometimes it gets lonely talking to myself or a few people when I know more read the thread. IronAvatar should post more because he has good insight but I think we do not see things eye to eye to keep it civil

It said early 2008 at the end of the trailer. I consider summer mid-2008 but who knows. Konami is known to push back their release dates at the last minute.
    So like I said Summer 2008 lol, they need something though because I dont think the $499 price drop will do much (this week alone you have to search for signs about the price cut).

Yeah, SCEA already denied it...but they also denied the phasing out of the 20GIG SKU and the price drop a week before it was confirmed...so who knows what the heck they will be doing.
    They also denied the $499 price drop...see below

Can I add that I NEED Spore to come out ASAP? You hear me Will Wright! Stop delaying that game!!!!
    It will be in Germany, they gave an interview this week explaining why they skipped E3 was in order to make it ready to show at Germany's event. Of course that still means it wont be out for 1-2 years but at least they may show new things about it.

For those who have not been keeping up with SSBB news:

DK character model shown

Animal Crossing fight stage, scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii’s internal clock. At 8pm KK Slider takes the stage.

There is also a new 15 sec movie on the site (basically the new E3 footage from the conf that nobody really got to see lol).

Ohh and btw, I am glad Sony is on board with all their members having the right info lol

Discontinuation of the 60GB PS3 Confirmed by Kaz Hirai. President of Sony Computer Entertainment.

100% confirmed. He flat out says Production has ceased for the SKU and when its gone they will be at the 599 SKU only.

http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=10235
    He says this at the 1 minute 48 second mark

"[We do not] have a 2 SKU strategy in the US, we learned very quickly customers respond better to having one SKU than two."

"We dropped the price on the 60GB model, as you know that model is no longer in production, once it's no longer on store shelves it will just be the $600 SKU."
    And for those who hate sales, you will want to avoid this thread on July 19th and 20th
    NPD Release: July 19th @ 4:00 p.m. EDT

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

I know it's just UMK3 with Puzzle Kombat from deception as an extra, but it still looks pretty sweet. It would be nicer if it was the MK Trilogy upgrade rather than just UMK3, but it's still pretty cool in my book.
    It's just going to be UMK3?? Oh that sucks. I was really hoping it would be a new compilation game. Boo!

Hopefully it'll be better than the Game Boy Advance version, though.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

GR81 says:

Coop in Mario Galaxy....another cool reason to get it then....NICE
    You know i like coop
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

All this talk about old gaming made me revisit a past Nintendo machine, the N64. I have it in my bedroom still and never realized how under-represented it was on the Nintendo Wii VC.

Now we can assume Rare's titles will not come but here are some I would like to see:

• Pokemon Puzzle League (to this day my favorite game)
    • Ogre Battle 64
    • Sin and Punishment
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Excitebike 64

I think out of all the systems I owned from Nintendo, the N64 got the least amount of purchases and gameplay from me. Hopefully they utilize the VC because sometimes itssucks tracking down these games (most notably Smash & Sin and Punishment)

Also in other news:

According to Matt at ign in their E3 podcast said he thinks Smash will be online and that there will be a Smash exclusive event coming up shortly. They said that Jump Ultimate was online and its the same game mechanics so for Smash (Nintendos probably most hardcore title in the lineup) to be offline is stupid.

To me it sounded as if he was trying to stop the ideas 1up or other sites were passing around it was not online (Bozon also got to play Mario Galaxy with Miyamoto himself). To me that makes the most sense since Nintendo came out yesterday and said they did not want Smash to overshadow their other products.

They said they think Nintendo will have a specific event to cater to its "hardcore" fans and that they think Battalion Wars 2 will be showcased in Germany where it was unveiled.

Super Mario Galaxy will have a bunch of suits (hoping for the Toonoki suit back!)

Zack and Wiki got massively positive reviews from all press, ign says its Wii 3rd party Game of Show

Well it was confirmed on IGN so now I believe it. Looks like I'm not getting a system anytime soon. I hate Microsoft with a passion, Sony is on pretty thin ice with me now, and if I wanna play a Wii, I can just go down the street.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Japan Sales Numbers for last week are in

DS Lite: 139,271
    Wii: 75,279
    PSP: 32,946
    PS2: 14,120
    PS3: 12,691
    360: 2,370
    Game Boy Micro: 340
    GBA SP: 261
    GameCube: 174
    DS Phat: 15
    GBA: 0

The PS3 is creeping up there, after almost 4-5 months of selling under 10k a week it has had 2-3 consecutive weeks of breaking that barrier, and look 2k away from the PS2! It is still getting owned by the Wii (6 to 1) but maybe this is a good sign that it is finally getting better sales then the PS2..which is a big deal given what Sony needs financially.

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Well, I bit the bullet. I just got a Playstation 3! After seeing what they had to offer at E3, looking at sales numbers for Blue Ray, and with the $100 price drop and 5 free Blue Ray Movies incentive, I think the time was right. It's super cool!! Plus, I haven't had a Playstation or Playstation 2, so there are tons of games I need to catch up on.

More Utiii Goodness!!!!!!!

The Deviot

-?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Lurker View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet. I just got a Playstation 3! After seeing what they had to offer at E3, looking at sales numbers for Blue Ray, and with the $100 price drop and 5 free Blue Ray Movies incentive, I think the time was right. It's super cool!! Plus, I haven't had a Playstation or Playstation 2, so there are tons of games I need to catch up on.
    I almost bought one today too but just could not justify given the games that are out now.

I still may because I do not want the emotion engine less version and I would solely be buying it for a Blu-Ray player till next year.

If I did not have a PS2 I would have probably done it for sure

If I could fully believe the 360 would not die I would have bought it today

I almost bought one today too but just could not justify given the games that are out now.

I still may because I do not want the emotion engine less version and I would solely be buying it for a Blu-Ray player till next year.

If I did not have a PS2 I would have probably done it for sure

If I could fully believe the 360 would not die I would have bought it today
    Even w a three year wty? If you have it replaced forty five times at least it's still covered
    And if you're impatient Gamestop's third party plan isn't a wty it's a replacement plan. So you'd just give them the busted one, they give you another one.
    If it wasn't a three year though I'd probably be on the fence too
    The Deviot

-?

Even w a three year wty? If you have it replaced forty five times at least it's still covered
    And if you're impatient Gamestop's third party plan isn't a wty it's a replacement plan. So you'd just give them the busted one, they give you another one.
    If it wasn't a three year though I'd probably be on the fence too
    Yeah but its the hassle I dont want to do worry about doing it

OK I bit, I am now a Playstation 3 owner.

I used the Amazon deal where you got free s/h, the free Sony remote, and RE Apocolypse for $499 with no tax

I figured I could not beat it and now I have one with the EE chip so I dont need to worry about any emulation issues.

But of course it will only be a player to me until christmas

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Thats all I use my PS3 for.

If you get a chance, pick up Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. Its spectacular
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Hey guys, I'm sure this has already come up in the thread within the last week, but here ya go anyway!

MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.