Page 110 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    U know, that makes sence...i always used the remote for my attacks.
    Ill try it with the Decepticon campaign.

By the way, where u at in the game?
    Still at the same place I was a week or so ago, Bumbleebee is just starting to infiltrate Sector 7 (Inside Hoover Dam Chapter 1)

had to work most of the week, then I got a PS3 so I had to spend time hooking that up and playing the first Jak and Daxter. But this week I plan on finishing the Autobot campaign! I have already finished the 1st few chapters of the Decepticons (Using Blackout is too much fun with his EMP blasts).

Try using the nunchuk for your melee's and you will see its MUCH easier to control the camera and fight
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You will be satisfied with both! RE4: Wii Edition is completely awesome, it is a game actually worth a full retail cost instead of a discounted cost they are selling it at. People may not think the wiimote and the nunchuck can be used effectively and are just "waggle and gimmick" but RE4 is 100% sound in its controls and I cant go back to the GC controller for that game (even though there IS an option for those who cant stand the wiimote/nunchuck).
    Howdy

Having completed it countless times on the Cube I cannot wait to see what the difference is in terms of control with using the Wiimote. Also I can't wait to play the PS2 Ada mission.

Transformers the game is awesome, you will notice that it "could" be better (poor cinematics but incredible in game graphics for Wii) and that it was rushed but like I said to all on this board, immediately change your camera sensitivity to low until you learn how to play then adjust it as time goes on and you will be able to handle high camera sensitivity in no time.

Also remember to do your attacks with the NUNCHUCK (for attacks both controllers do the same), I keep seeing people complain about the controls but its because they are trying to control the camera and melee attacks with the wiimote and that is extremely difficult.
    Thanks for the tips. I cannot wait to get this...the movie was phenomanal and I am looking forward to getting this. I am happy the Wii is selling so well as games like this and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance probably would never have made it on the Cube.

I am glad to here the Wii version has awesome in game graphics...unlike Ultimate Alliance which is basically a straight port of the PS2 version.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    Having completed it countless times on the Cube I cannot wait to see what the difference is in terms of control with using the Wiimote. Also I can't wait to play the PS2 Ada mission.
    There is a massive difference, I was never fond of the ps2 and gc control schemes but the Wii one feels much more natural. Especially being able to swing knife out and get headshots on the zombies.

The events are wild too as you have to shake the wiimote when running from the boulder early on and it makes for quite a show

Thanks for the tips. I cannot wait to get this...the movie was phenomanal and I am looking forward to getting this. I am happy the Wii is selling so well as games like this and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance probably would never have made it on the Cube.

I am glad to here the Wii version has awesome in game graphics...unlike Ultimate Alliance which is basically a straight port of the PS2 version.
    Yeah my only complaint is the cinemas are real crappy, its amazing how thats usually the GOOD part of most games but in this its reverse, the in game graphics are superb but the cinematics are horrid. Luckily it was an across the board problem (whether you own a 360 or a PS3 or a Wii its all the same).

If this game had Marvel UA quality cinemas (you know the actual rendered ones not the in game cinemas before missions) it would be probably the greatest movie licensed game I have ever played.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I am happy the Wii is selling so well as games like this and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance probably would never have made it on the Cube.
    Oh come on. Ultimate Alliance TOTALLY would have worked on the Gamecube. It's just the X-Men Legends 2 graphics engine with more characters. Hell, it's on the PS2, and I have never, EVER read a review for a multi-platform title last generation that didn't say the graphics had to be toned down for the PS2 version in comparison to the XBOX/Cube.

Besides, it WAS originally supposed to come out for the Gamecube anyway, but they cancelled it because Nintendo wanted Twilight Princess to be the last gamecube game, and that originally was supposed to come out before UA until they delayed it that last time (grr).
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

There is a massive difference, I was never fond of the ps2 and gc control schemes but the Wii one feels much more natural. Especially being able to swing knife out and get headshots on the zombies.

The events are wild too as you have to shake the wiimote when running from the boulder early on and it makes for quite a show
    Howdy

LOL, I loved the QTE in the Cube version, especially the Krauser and fight I cannot wait to try try the Wii versions.

Yeah my only complaint is the cinemas are real crappy, its amazing how thats usually the GOOD part of most games but in this its reverse, the in game graphics are superb but the cinematics are horrid. Luckily it was an across the board problem (whether you own a 360 or a PS3 or a Wii its all the same).

If this game had Marvel UA quality cinemas (you know the actual rendered ones not the in game cinemas before missions) it would be probably the greatest movie licensed game I have ever played.
    I find it odd that the cutscenes are bad. Still it is a small price to pay I guess. The cut scenes in M:UA were amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    Oh come on Ultimate Alliance TOTALLY would have worked on the Gamecube. It's just the X-Men Legends 2 graphics engine with more characters. Hell, it's on the PS2, and I have never, EVER read a review for a multi-platform title last generation that didn't say the graphics had to be toned down for the PS2 version in comparison to the XBOX/Cube.

Besides, it WAS originally supposed to come out for the Gamecube anyway, but they cancelled it because Nintendo wanted Twilight Princess to be the last gamecube game, and that originally was supposed to come out before UA until they delayed it that last time (grr).
    Err...since when did I say it wouldn't work on the Cube? I was talking about them not releasing it on the Cube because of potentioal poor sales which is a risk significantly less on the Wii as it is selling so well. I know very well that technically it would have been an easy port.

Come on VL...keep up

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

I find it odd that the cutscenes are bad. Still it is a small price to pay I guess. The cut scenes in M:UA were amazing though.
    Yeah it is odd since 99% of games have really awesome cutscenes and then the in game content is not up to par. But like I said it was a problem on all versions, it seemed like it was rushed from Travelers Tales and they just did not get the chance to put the final polish on it.

When you watch the cinematics you will see it looks like it is a pre-rendering instead of the final CGI fest that most games have in them.

Err...since when did I say it wouldn't work on the Cube? I was talking about them not releasing it on the Cube because of potentioal poor sales which is a risk significantly less on the Wii as it is selling so well. I know very well that technically it would have been an easy port.
    I tend to agree, it could have been on Cube but the controls were so much better on the Wii. I have X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II and I do not like playing them at all, though Marvel UA I rented them took it back and bought it in less than 24 hours because my wife and I had a blast with being able to use different motions to attack, I notice the graphics of the characters rival a low budget PS2 game at times (Though human torch flames are very well done) but I am so immersed in the gameplay it does not bother me.

The Cube version would have been the a rehash of X-Men Legends II with a crop of different characters.

I just hope it sold well enough so that when the sequel comes around we actually get a proper UA game in the graphics dept (the in game graphics were portish PS2 and not even up to par for what the GC could do much less the Wii which should resemble if anything the Xbox).

Latest VC update:

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

July 23, 2007

Ah, the three classic summer leisure activities: golf, pinball and battling hordes of evil creatures. Luckily, it's Monday and once again Nintendo has you covered. Players can hit the crazy links with the spherical Kirby, become a pinball wizard or just enjoy an afternoon of helping good triumph over evil. So pour yourself a tall glass of lemonade and settle in for some classic gaming fun.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Kirby's Dream Course™ (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Step up to the tee for the wackiest golf game of your life. This one- or two-player game features a floating golf course in the sky. High above Dream Land, players can pitch and putt the ever-popular puff ball, Kirby, through a maze of three-dimensional obstacles on a zany checkerboard course. Players must aim for the multitude of enemies that are spread throughout each fairway. Kirby must hit all the enemies to make them disappear, and the last one becomes the hole. Sink Kirby into the hole to advance to the next stage and clear all 8 courses – 64 holes in all.

Devil's Crush (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone – Animated Blood, Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): Devil's Crush is the exciting sequel to the hit pinball game Alien Crush and features even smoother ball movement and enhanced special effects. Shoot the ball onto the board with the Devil Shooter, then use flippers and nudging to keep it in play and rack up a high score. Complete certain conditions to play up to six different bonus stages. Get a "Perfect Clear" on those to earn a huge amount of points. The game's ominous theme is enhanced by its enemies: wandering skeleton knights, sorcerers and even a giant face that changes from a goddess to a sinister serpent.

Shining Force™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): In ages long forgotten, Light fought Darkness for control of the world. Finally, the Ancients defeated the evil ruler of the dark forces known as Dark Dragon and cast him into another dimension, though he vowed to return in 1,000 years. As time passed, all memory of Dark Dragon was buried, and the land of Rune enjoyed 10 centuries of peace. Yet, as promised, the dark ruler returned, along with hordes of evil creatures that ravaged the land. As chaos erupted, several strongholds of Good still held out, awaiting a hero who could wield the Powers of Light.

The list of downloadable games is updated weekly on Nintendo's Online Press Room at press.nintendo.com. For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Nintendo opened their Endless Ocean site (also called Forever Blue in Japan) and revealed some new details about the game.

We already knew it was going to ship with 2 player co-op online functionality but today they announced that like Excite Truck it will include the ability to have your own soundtrack via the SD Card!

This is one of my anticipated games for this year, so Oct 29 cant come soon enough. I really like these kind of relaxing exploration games, its something the Dreamcast did very well before it died and no system has really got right since.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Here we go NPD Sales for June in the USA

Nintendo DS - 561,000
    Nintendo Wii - 381,000
    Sony PSP - 290,000
    Sony PS2 - 270,00
    Xbox 360 - 198,000
    Game Boy Advance - 113,000
    PlayStation 3- 98,000

Top Selling Games for June

1. Mario Party 8 - 426,000 (just shy of 1 million sold when add in May 07)
    2. Wii Play - 293,000
    3. Pokemon Diamond - 288,000
    4. Pokemon Pearl - 214,000
    5. Xbox 360's Forza Motorsport 2 197,000
    6. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar 197,350
    7. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar 177,600
    8. Pokemon Battle Revolution : 157,000
    9. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition : 150,000 (only 10 days worth of since it was released at the end of June)
    10.360 The Darkness

With the June sales the Wii is a smidge around 1 million away from the 360 (estimated 9.9 for 360 to 8.8 for Wii), if Japan and US sales follow the same trend for July then the Wii will tie or overtake the 360 as sales leader of the next-gen systems (overall to date not just in 2007) by September (if not earlier since it outsells the 360 in Japan by a ridiculous amount).

In game news:

Project H.A.M.M.E.R not cancelled, just being worked on more according to Reggie

GR81 says:

Man, i still dont understand why PS2 is outselling PS3...
    I know, i know...u guys explained it to me but this is nuts...

Wii play....second...cmon man. I like the Wii, but that game is not worth 15 bucks. If i had a chance back in Feb between Wii play or a remote alone....i would of taken the remote...

Well.....

Ok ok i would of taken Wii play but still man...we all know this game is popular only for the extra remote.
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Ok ok i would of taken Wii play but still man...we all know this game is popular only for the extra remote.
    You dont like the cow racing game

Seriously it should be called Wiimote with free bonus

PS3 Owners, tonight a new firmware 1.9 was released. I downloaded this and it was much smaller than 1.8 and all seemed to function. I have all my PS2 games upscaled to full and smooth on so that wont benefit me but I do like being able to change the wallpaper

-Ability to rearrange games on the XMB
    -"Eject Disk" added to the Options menu
    -Pressing triangle in the XMB now ejects disks
    -XMB backgrounds added
    -Folder classification changed
    -Emoticons added
    -Option to change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz added
    -Forced 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI added
    -Option to change PS3 video settings in-game added
    -"Bit Mapping" added to the "Music Setting" options
    -AVCHD-type animations can now be saved from a Memory Stick
    -Upscaling settings can be changed while playing PSOne and PS2 games
    -Bookmarks added
    -Web browser security function added to the browser's tool section
    -Avatars now move during audio visual chat

Evil Master of Warcraft
    TF is about ready to drive me nuts I have ONE cube left to find on the first decepticon level and I cannot find it. I refuse to go on before I do. I have searched, and searched and searched...GR81 I feel your pain.

I think my 360 is about ready to die. I was playing it yesterday and my airconditioner shut off...not sure if it was some sort of surge in electricity or what but I got the 3 red blinking lights of death. Luckily I turned it off and back on and it seemed fine. I play the crap out of it and I keep it cooled, but I know this one is going to crash also. I just want my hard drive to stay intact so I can keep all my saved game data.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    TF is about ready to drive me nuts I have ONE cube left to find on the first decepticon level and I cannot find it. I refuse to go on before I do. I have searched, and searched and searched...GR81 I feel your pain.
    My friend, that last cube will drive u insane....like it did with me.
    Move on my friend. Dont let a game destroy u

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post

I think my 360 is about ready to die. I was playing it yesterday and my airconditioner shut off...not sure if it was some sort of surge in electricity or what but I got the 3 red blinking lights of death. Luckily I turned it off and back on and it seemed fine. I play the crap out of it and I keep it cooled, but I know this one is going to crash also. I just want my hard drive to stay intact so I can keep all my saved game data.
    Howdy

Why not get a memory card to make sure you don't lose all your data?

Chris M

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Howdy

Why not get a memory card to make sure you don't lose all your data?

Chris M
    eh, I thought about it, but I'm not sure it's worth 50 bucks just for a memory card. I thought there used to be a thing to sync it to your PC and copy it but I can't find it anywhere. I also have a lot things like episodes of southpark downloaded, skins, things of that sort.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

my mom LOVES Wii play, particulary the shooting and the find Mii parts, she can't stop playing them! hahah

I like them too and pool is pretty good. sure its not as great as wii sports but it's a nice little bonus to have and it's gotten a lot of play at my house. table tennis on it sucks though I was hoping it would be more like wii tennis rather than pong
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    PS3 Owners, tonight a new firmware 1.9 was released. I downloaded this and it was much smaller than 1.8 and all seemed to function. I have all my PS2 games upscaled to full and smooth on so that wont benefit me but I do like being able to change the wallpaper
    Ya, I downloaded it last night too. It's pretty cool! Being able to change your own wallpaper rocks! I was able to get my PS3 to hook up to my PC, then I was able to browse my pictures folders, copy the images I wanted to the PS3, then pick the wallpaper. Pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Lurker View Post
    Ya, I downloaded it last night too. It's pretty cool! Being able to change your own wallpaper rocks! I was able to get my PS3 to hook up to my PC, then I was able to browse my pictures folders, copy the images I wanted to the PS3, then pick the wallpaper. Pretty awesome!
    Yeah I did it real late so I have not updated my wallpaper but I was happy because I was getting sick of the Sony Playstation blue and black background.

They also adjusted the controls so if you dont have the Sony Blu-Ray remote you can use the controller a lot better then before.

1st Metal Gear Solid 4 Gameplay

The statue camoflague is too cool!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Okay that video was ******* awesome. NOW I want that game...and that's coming from someone who's never played a MGS game before!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Okay that video was ******* awesome. NOW I want that game...and that's coming from someone who's never played a MGS game before!
    I want that game too and I just about despise MGS

I have MGS Twin Snakes for Gamecube and MGS 2 Sons of Liberty and MGS3 Snake Eater for PS2 and cant really stand the series. I am much more a fan of the Splinter Cell IP but this has got me stoked to try yet again with Snake and the MGS brand!

Supposedly we will receive the demo on the PSN, now that would be awesome.

There are rumors that Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank Future will have their demos up on PSN before the end of the month.

I play more PSN demos then I do PS3 games

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Supposedly we will receive the demo on the PSN, now that would be awesome.

There are rumors that Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank Future will have their demos up on PSN before the end of the month.

Yeah I don't own a PS3 game yet and I've had mine since April. There aren't that many demos on the PSN (The Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo was freakin' awesome) though so my PS3 has pretty much been a Blu-Ray player.

I'm hoping that will change come September.

I've heard that the Heavenly Sword demo is coming to the PSN this week...not sure if it's a rumor or not. That would definitely pique my interest in that game.

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    For shame!!!

MGS4 video got me excited

And I just picked up Guitar Hero 80's today...pretty good so far
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Yeah I don't own a PS3 game yet and I've had mine since April. There aren't that many demos on the PSN (The Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo was freakin' awesome) though so my PS3 has pretty much been a Blu-Ray player.
    Yeah we solely use it as a Blu-Ray player now, I downloaded the Virtua Tennis (have not played it since the Dreamcast) and Motostorm (not that impressed but its fun to pick and race if bored)

I rented some other PS3 games and did not find them interesting in the least (Resistance was one of them, sadly I prefer Halo or Metroid Prime over it).

I actually have been playing PS2 and PSX games on the PS3 due to its ability to upconvert (Jak and Dexter 1 looks georgeous).

But as far as game systems go, the Wii in my house has the PS3 beat hands down and most likely will till next year (this year I have 3 on my list to check out, Ratchet and Clank Future, Assasins Creed and Lair).

I've heard that the Heavenly Sword demo is coming to the PSN this week...not sure if it's a rumor or not. That would definitely pique my interest in that game.
    Over at neogaf they are treating it as fact and I would say we will also see the Ratchet and Clank demo since one of the Insomniac Developers is a member there and seems to say the game is really on schedule for November.