Page 111 of 352 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:
    My friend, that last cube will drive u insane....like it did with me.
    Move on my friend. Dont let a game destroy u
    I finally found that one! Goonies never say die!!!!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

The new ALIEN SYNDROME came out yesterday. Still haven't seen any reviews, but I'm at least vaguely interested in it. I loved the original game as a kid.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    The new ALIEN SYNDROME came out yesterday. Still haven't seen any reviews, but I'm at least vaguely interested in it. I loved the original game as a kid.
    I am awaiting some initial reviews as well but I may still buy it regardless, it is supposed to have gameplay and controls similar to Marvel UA which I just loved (even though many people complained)

They apparently upped the graphics at the very end so it should look on par with most Wii games because it originated as a PSP game that they decided to bring to the Wii instead of the PS2 (or maybe it is on PS2 as well to boot)

The videos I have seen make it look fun, I like the RPG elements and the fact you can pick from 4-5 different types of soldier classes
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

GR81 says:

GeologyMule, i am at the first decepticon campaign now
    Boy its fun to play helicopter dude...i forgot his name...barricade?

Anyways, me too i got one last dam cube to find lol I am passing most of the time doing the bonus stuff than playing the game.

I only got 3 of the 5 decepticon logo's...cant find the other 2...and that stupid cube
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

GR81 says:

GeologyMule, i am at the first decepticon campaign now
    Boy its fun to play helicopter dude...i forgot his name...barricade?
    Its Blackout Barricade is the cop car

Scorpinok is awesome too, his mission takes some strategy though to hit the tank radar things before they transmit.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its Blackout Barricade is the cop car

Scorpinok is awesome too, his mission takes some strategy though to hit the tank radar things before they transmit.
    Oups Blackout hehe
    Yeah, i am at that mission now and is it me or it takes forever to destroy one tank with Scorpinok...i keep losing time

Oups Blackout hehe
    Yeah, i am at that mission now and is it me or it takes forever to destroy one tank with Scorpinok...i keep losing time
    Yeah it takes a while because no matter which way you go you will always be with 1 left when time runs out when you first start.

After you play it enough though you will figure out how to quickly get across the desert in enough time and how to destroy them fairly quickly. The key is to tip them over when you first run into them and just blow the crap out of them while they are on their side/upside down.

In Smash Bros Brawl News, a new Kid Icarus stage was revealed today:

And Nintendo released a press release today saying they increased their shipments for 2007 to 16.5 million (up from initial goals of 10 in Nov 06 and 14 in March 07)

And they have proclaimed the following as Platinum/Million + sellers globally (Nintendo titles only, we all know Rayman Ravin Rabbids and Red Steel crossed the 1 million mark last month)

Wii:
    Wii Sports - 8.32m (includes those bundled in with hardware)
    Wii Play - 4.49m
    Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess - 3.61m
    WarioWare Smooth Moves - 1.82m
    Super Paper Mario - 1.25m
    Mario Party 8 - 1.03m

DS: Nintendogs - 14.79m
    New Super Mario Bros. - 10.52m
    Pokemon Diamond&Pearl - 8.76m
    Brain Age - 8.61m
    Animal Crossing - 8.01m
    Mario Kart DS - 7.83m
    Brain Age 2 - 5.33m
    Super Mario 64 DS - 4.97m
    Big Brain Academy - 3.73m
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 3.08
    English Training - 2.86m
    Yoshi's Island DS - 2.47m
    Pokemon Ranger - 2.16m
    WarioWare Touched - 2.15m
    Tetris DS - 2.05m
    Kirby - 1.73m
    Common Sense Training - 1.53m
    Mario Basketball 3on3 - 1.50m
    Mario&Luigi RPG2 - 1.39m
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 - 1.24m
    Super Princess Peach - 1.15m
    Diddy Kong Racing DS - 1.04m

Howdy

Well Transformers the Game came today and I just had a 7hr 44min play through in one go

I completed all the Autobot missions and am on the Megatron mission of drawing Prime out.

My review:

Okay so playing as Transformers in fun no question. But how fun is it in this game?????

Well very fun and very frustrating. In robot mode crashing around the surprsingly detailed locations is great fun. The camera shakes as you move, the ground crumbles under your powerful stomps and each character moves perfectly. You feel like you are in control of a powerful Cybertronian...err...Cybertronian. Transforming is quick and simple with a push of UP on the D-Pad (Wii version) and this is where things get frustrating. The driving mechanics in this game are far from good. Bumblebee ('77 Camero) controls like elephant stuck in tar....and hitting anything remotely solid sends you spinning wildely. This is extremely frustrating in his chasing Barricade missions or even worse the Destroy the Cooling fans mission. Jazz on the other hand is far too lose, it brought back memories of playing an earyl V-Rally game. Blow on the control stick and it sends him wild. Still at least Jazz is fast. Ironhide is proberly the best one overall. HE is strong, fast and in car mode controls just about right. Prime...well in robot mode there is no Transformer more fun to be, he even jumps the same as he did in the movie. Controlling his truck mode is less than fun but better than Bumblebee.

The Autobot missions range from fun to irritating...fun would be the Jazz destruction mission and Prime's missions. Irritating would be Bumblebee's Sector 7 missions.

The Decepticon's are...dare I say it much more fun to play as. Not only because most of their missions consist of destroying everything...limiting the horrible chase sections but the range of vehicles is far superior. Blackout an awesome helicopter, my personal favourite Starscream a nimble jet and Megatron a Cybertronian Jet. Then you get Barricade who carries with him the Autobot Matrix of Frustration and Scorponok whose first mission took me ages to work out but he is a fun little character....it is just annoying when he delves into the sand himself. All the flying Decepticons fly brilliantly and Starscream is just superb.

Graphics:
    Very detailed environments, you have the Soccent base in deserty Qatar and then the standard city as well as a few other character specific locales. The character models however are nice from a distance but manage to get your character to face the camera close up and you enter low-resville...not a pretty sight. There are nice explosions and efect and eveything feels meaty.

Sound:
    Excellent, people scream in fear of you, sirens, tanks, explosions, your own weapons...everything sounds right....including the sound of robots' parts moving as they move. Also the Transformations all sound excellent.

Gameplay:
    Repetitive...some missions go on far too long and this is mostly the Autobot's missions...saying that though the stupid Megatron drawing out Prime level is frustrating as hell and goes on for ever.

Overal:
    A very fun game worthy the purchase of any Transformers fan. Your fingers will hurt...you will be brought close to tears by the end of it but one thing will remain...you had fun.

Transform and Roll out.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    Well Transformers the Game came today and I just had a 7hr 44min play through in one go
    , I played probably for 15-20hrs so far and have not even finished the 3rd chapter of the Autobots

this is where things get frustrating. The driving mechanics in this game are far from good. Bumblebee ('77 Camero) controls like elephant stuck in tar....and hitting anything remotely solid sends you spinning wildely. This is extremely frustrating in his chasing Barricade missions or even worse the Destroy the Cooling fans mission. Jazz on the other hand is far too lose, it brought back memories of playing an earyl V-Rally game. Blow on the control stick and it sends him wild. Still at least Jazz is fast. Ironhide is proberly the best one overall. HE is strong, fast and in car mode controls just about right. Prime...well in robot mode there is no Transformer more fun to be, he even jumps the same as he did in the movie. Controlling his truck mode is less than fun but better than Bumblebee.
    I agree, though I actually like Bumblebee's handling in open spaces. Its when he gets in small places (Like Sector 7/Hoover Dam) that is becomes a huge annoyance!

I've played all of them now and I can tell you my favorite is my 360. PS3 has a lot of potential but really dropped the ball on the price (pre-price drop) and the Gamecube 2.0 (Wii), well I already own a Gamecube and the gimmicky controllers are fun in Wii Sports and Play but it sure doesn't justify spending the money for a slightly reworked GC. Everytime I play the Wii I keep thinking I am back in 2001. This is the 7th gen era not 6.5.
    Last edited by nutnog; July 25, 2007 at 07:34pm.

GR81 says:

I played many hours tooo...and just starting the decepticon mission.

Maybe cuz i spend most of the time on the bonus stuff.

I like transformers baby

Ratchet and Clank Future "platforming" revealed, cant wait for the demo to hit PSN!

Review of Alien Syndrome
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/808/808113p1.html

Pros: Multiplayer works very well and IR is spot on
    Cons: PSP looking (not good enough complaint typical of ign) and they did not like the camera via nunchuck (though from what I can gather its the same as Marvel UA which I loved)

I tell you its getting to the point where I think we should just do away with professional game reviews, I could almost write a default ign review where you just substitute the name of the game and you would think it was from them.

I will rent this I think and most likely buy because the multiplayer shooting looks wild

Evil Master of Warcraft
    [QUOTE=markatisu;1811026] , I played probably for 15-20hrs so far and have not even finished the 3rd chapter of the Autobots
    QUOTE]

I don't know how many hours I have put in...probably about that much. I have spanked everything on the autobot side. Collected everything that needs to be collected and unlocked all the achievements on that side.

I'm on chapter 3 of the Decepticons. The first two stages of the Decepticons I have collected everything (except I still need to destroy all of those jets in the last level of Chapter 2 in a certain amount of time for an achievement). I'm gaining on it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

This space for rent, apparently.....

For those of us with a PS3, they updated PSN today:

Games:
    -Heavenly Sword demo
    -Gripshift 2.0

Trailers:
    Resident Evil 5
    Haze
    Metal Gear Solid 4 (gameplay)

They also made the Metal Gear Solid 4 Demo available on the Japanese side which all of US and UK members can access via these instructions

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

And for those without a PS3 or 360 here is the RE5 Trailer

I've played through the very short Heavenly Sword demo 4 times. Its a really beautiful game.

I'll definitely be buying this one in September!
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

*sigh* Patiently waiting for the Heavenly Sword demo to d/l after waiting a good hour or so for the MGS4 video to finish d/l.

sometimes it sucks having the cheapest DSL there is......

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    *sigh* Patiently waiting for the Heavenly Sword demo to d/l after waiting a good hour or so for the MGS4 video to finish d/l.

sometimes it sucks having the cheapest DSL there is......
    I hear you, we have free apt wireless so you can imagine I am on hour 5 of the download

I had to get the RE5 trailer first though

Impressions after the MGS4 trailer/Heavenly Sword demo

MGS4: Buying it on release day - end of story. Guess I need to get going and actually finish 2 & 3 now.....Just amazing!

Heavenly Sword: Man, talk about beautiful! I hope more developers will start using serious facial mocap software. After all these years, we finally can get some good speech syching. The demo itself, while very short, is a lot of fun. I played it about 4 times, and each time I got more comfortable with combos and such. At first glance, it may come off as a button-masher, but it's really involved once you get some practice in. I think this not only is gonna tide people over until God of War 3 releases, but will be Sony's next big IP.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Ok, tough question I don't know the answer to. Let's start with a scenario. A friend and I both have a 360 with xbox live. Guitar Hero for example, you can't play on xbox live together, you have to co-op on the same machine. Next week I'm going to visit him.

So, if I were to get a memory card..CAN I save my profile on the card, along with my game data, travel to his machine, log into his machine with my gamer profile and play? If were to then co-op on HIS machine while I was logged into my profile, will I still get achievement credit?

I hope that made sense and wasn't too confusing.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Ok, tough question I don't know the answer to. Let's start with a scenario. A friend and I both have a 360 with xbox live. Guitar Hero for example, you can't play on xbox live together, you have to co-op on the same machine. Next week I'm going to visit him.

So, if I were to get a memory card..CAN I save my profile on the card, along with my game data, travel to his machine, log into his machine with my gamer profile and play? If were to then co-op on HIS machine while I was logged into my profile, will I still get achievement credit?

I hope that made sense and wasn't too confusing.

I don't necessarily know all of the answers to this, but I just want to clarify what you are asking here...

Are you wanting to sign into both his and your profiles at the same time, so that both of you get the achievement credit?

If you are, I'm not sure how that would work (I don't think you can be signed into 2 profiles at once, regardless how how/where they are stored... but I could be wrong). I don't think that it's possible to sign into more than one profile at once on the same machine, even if both were stored on the same save device.

Or, are you just trying to log into only your profile to make sure that you get the achievement credit, and neither you nor your friend are worried about the points showing on his profile? If that is the case, the hard drive on the side of the machine is removable. You may just want to take it off and put it on your friends system while you play. That would be the easiest solution in that case.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heavenly Sword: Man, talk about beautiful! I hope more developers will start using serious facial mocap software. After all these years, we finally can get some good speech syching. The demo itself, while very short, is a lot of fun. I played it about 4 times, and each time I got more comfortable with combos and such. At first glance, it may come off as a button-masher, but it's really involved once you get some practice in. I think this not only is gonna tide people over until God of War 3 releases, but will be Sony's next big IP.
    I played the demo this morning (not used to 1gb downloads lol) and it was interesting. Like you said it comes across initially as a button masher but it is much deeper. I liked the use of QTE and thought the game was very pretty but I think I will have to play another demo or see the game more in depth. I myself was not a fan of the cutscenes that started it, the little girl in it annoyed me.

What sucks about this demo is its from 2006! We should have gotten the E3 demo from earlier this month, the reason I say that is because in the E3 demo they fixed the framerate (you will notice the framerate has some issues in the PSN Demo) and they tweaked a few things here and there.

But since its free to anyone with a PS3 and broadband I would highly recommend downloading it, it is SUPER short if you just hit the buttons but if you learn to use the combos it can be stretched out a bit more.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Or, are you just trying to log into only your profile to make sure that you get the achievement credit, and neither you nor your friend are worried about the points showing on his profile? If that is the case, the hard drive on the side of the machine is removable. You may just want to take it off and put it on your friends system while you play. That would be the easiest solution in that case.
    Yeah, forget his achievements! I think that will work. That may just be the route I go. Thanks.

However you can log into two profiles at once. You just have to have two controllers. That's how you play two player games. I have two accounts on mine. So when the roomie and I want to play contra or something I log into my normal one, and when he turns on the controller and starts to play it makes him sign into a profile. The profile is what all your stuff is saved under, game data, achievements, etc. The gamerscore for each is unique. I made the mistake early on and created a new profile and deleted my old one not realizing it all the saved game data was held under the profile, not on the console for every profile to use.

That is what I was curious about is wheter or not I could save my profile to a memory card and travel with it, play a two player game, unlock achievements, and resync it to my main profile on my machine. I guess I'm trying to compare it to like putting Mii's on the Wii remote.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Ah. Sorry.... I haven't ever tried to use two profiles at once, and I assumed that it couldn't be done. That's what I get for assuming!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"