Page 115 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyGuy View Post
    Also, I don't know if anyone remembers a member of the .org from a long time ago named "Flipsidephilly". If you do, that's me! I think my account was removed due to inactivity, so I created this new one. It's good to be back.
    Yeah I remember you! I think I even met you at the Comic Con while standing in line for a He-Man exclusive...! Welcome back!

Do any of you Wii owners have this
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1177718058513

i was wondering if it gave more options for Mii customization.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    Do any of you Wii owners have this
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1177718058513

i was wondering if it gave more options for Mii customization.
    I have not used it, but I recall people have been doing this for free using a WiiMote, Bluetooth adapter and a PC. Try googling around for this.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Heroic Warrior
    So today I bought Mario Strikers: Charged. Wi-fi enabled from the get go.

It's pretty much the most awesome-est thing ever. It's kinda hard too!!! I hardly ever have much challenge, and for a Mario title I am quite impressed. Everyone should buy this one.

Also, I looked at the upcoming games for the rest of 07 and here's what caught my eye:

Endless Ocean (a scuba sim)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (which will come bundled with a new light gun!!)
    NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams (or something...anyway sequel finally!!)
    Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (similar to Mario Kart series)
    Kirby's Adventure
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
    Super Smash Bros Brawl (duh)
    Project Heroes
    FF Crystal Chronicles 2 (A Full MMORPG!)
    Soul Caliber Legends
    Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
    Guitar Hero 3 (with guitar for Wii)
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbados Treasure (amazing puzzle adventure)
    Crash: Of the Titans (as in Bandicoot!)

And this will all be out before Christmas! Need I say more??

You and I have similar tastes, these are what I am most looking forward too. People are not looking at Endless Ocean and I think it will be a sleeper hit.

Fire Emblem though is #1 in my house, we have been anticipating it ever since we finished Path of Radiance. If I get no more games this year I will be there 1st day Fire Emblem is released.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyGuy View Post
    Endless Ocean (a scuba sim)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
    NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
    Super Smash Bros Brawl (duh)
    Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
    Guitar Hero 3 (with guitar for Wii)
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbados Treasure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Metroid Prime 3 preview now on Wii Shop Channel!

Just got up to get ready for Wizard World today, and I had the cool blue light waiting for me! Twice in 1 week - what are the odds?!?!?!
    Last edited by Skullface; August 10, 2007 at 06:43am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Wow --- use PS3ers got shafted on this one!!!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Metroid Prime 3 preview now on Wii Shop Channel!

Just got up to get ready for Wizard World today, and I had the cool blue light waiting for me! Twice in 1 week - what are the odds?!?!?!
    And they have a news bulletin on the main shop page saying that Metroid for NES will be released on the 13th and Super Metroid for SNES on the 20th. Sounds good.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    FYI...

I have finished spanking Transformers. 100% completion including all 42 achievements on the 360. Yay for me and no more looking for cubes
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I forgot to mention a few pages back, one gift I also got was Made Man
    It isn't very good. In fact it's pretty bad. I probably wouldn't have given it a 2.8, but it wouldn't have made it much higher than that.
    The game was supposedly in limbo when Acclaim went bust. The developers scrambled to do last minute coding, and Aspyr picked it up for last second cash in publishing. Aspyr is usually known for excellent console ports like the Tony Hawk series, so I gave it a shot after making sure it didn't have Starforce
    It really shows that it wasn't polished. For starters there are bugs that randomly crash the game, or randomly make your character walk even though you're not pressing anything. Graphically it isn't that bad. It's about the best the original Xbox would have done, except with the added benefit of HDR light effects. The soundtrack is even decent, but once you start actually playing it (Provided one of the bugs hasn't come up by now) You'll get a gist of why it's so bad. The maps are insanely linear. Even console only gamers playing the PS2 version will be upset. Crappy mid 90's Doom rip offs had more level depth. This would be forgivable except that 1# while there is a big selection of weaponry, none of the guns have much difference, and 2# the AI, and character selection is terrible.
    The roster of bad guys consists of 3 stereotypical hicks, 3 stereotypical mafioso hitmen, 1 Vietcong solider, and a dash of innocent bystanders. On top of recycling that puts the entire genre of beat em ups to shame (Palette swapped foot clan anyone?) The AI is for the most part dumb as bricks. One mafia guy will shoot at you while his friends just stand there. Shoot them in the face with ANY gun and it's almost always a one hit death. The only time you'll ever die is in a stiuation where 56 of the same "Old italian guy" spawn behind you. Which happens a bit in the last level. The game is 16 maps of this ad nauseam
    And if it doesn't crash, you can clear it in 4 hours or less.
    To try to make it more interesting they decided to push the envelope for the sole sake of doing so. Every other word is an F bomb, and they also added a feature called "Retort" kills, which lets you cuss out a guy, then shoot him if he's been mortally wounded, and insulting you in a pool of his own pixels.
    While these things will make you laugh the first level, it quickly gets old fast, and you'll turn off the speakers by the third stage out of fear of breaking something in a fit of annoyance.
    Any number of things could have been done to make this a little less of an embarrassment. They could have forgotten about the unintelligible storyline since it's full of plotholes, and bad dialogue anyway. They could have actually cut the game down to maybe 8 levels, and made those 8 more interesting, then cleaned up the droll AI. They could have sold this pile of crap for $5 New instead of forcing retailers to clearance it to $5 after buying thousands of copies at $20 a clip.
    Or as Markatsiu would have wanted to be said, "They never should have made it in the first place."
    If you see it, don't buy it. Just run.
    I can say the misprint of the system requirements needing 512GB of RAM on the box should have been the first [bleepin] sign.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; August 11, 2007 at 05:55pm.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    My Wii is at a friends house right now, so I can't check, but does the Metroid Prime 3 preview cost any points?
    The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord Skeletor View Post
    My Wii is at a friends house right now, so I can't check, but does the Metroid Prime 3 preview cost any points?
    It costs 0 points so it is free.

VC update - we finally get Metroid, and next week we get Super Metroid!!!!

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Aug. 13, 2007

This week it's All About Evil. The "Month of Metroid" continues, giving you the chance to contend with evil, flying, brain-like Metroids that latch onto your head and suck your life forces. Nobody needs that, especially not first thing Monday morning. Luckily, you've got a sweet suit and some nice weapons to help you navigate through this amazing classic game. And if that's not enough, you also have the option of dealing with bad guys named Dark Sol and Zenzombie. You just know when their parents named them that, they were asking for trouble.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Metroid® (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): The first installment of the immensely successful Metroid series introduces us to the hideous title creatures and the slick, cybernetic bounty hunter Samus Aran. As Samus, your mission is to penetrate the space pirates' home planet, Zebes, and keep them from destroying the galaxy with the dangerous life forms known as Metroids. Metroid has all the high-tech weaponry, creepy tunnels and crawly alien creatures that anyone could ask for. With its deep and complex game play, excellent music and a rare sense of setting, it establishes a frightening ambience that will haunt and entertain you for a very long time.

Shining in the Darkness™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Dark Sol has vowed to reign over the enchanted Kingdom of Thornwood, and only you can stop him. Find the powerful Arms of Light and battle the deadly beasts that keep your people desperate and starving in this epic journey for peace. Roaming the dark Labyrinth, you'll seek out enemies and collect weapons, all of which will help you pass the test of the Ancients and become a shining knight. Get into the adventure with a stunning 3-D perspective, amazing cinematic views and fast-paced scrolling. You'll move from battle to battle, solving puzzles and discovering secret items in this engrossing struggle between good and evil.

Cratermaze™ (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, 600 Wii Points): Cratermaze is a comical action game set in a parallel world. While on a trip through time, you and your friends are confronted by Kublai, henchman to the evil Zenzombie. He traps your friends at separate points in the space-time continuum. Now you must fight your way through 60 rounds of mazes to save your friends. Dinosaurs, ninjas, robots and other enemies lurk within the mazes, spanning from primitive times to the future. Escape the enemies by digging holes to trap them in and then filling the holes to finish them off. Collect all the chests within the time limit to get the key and exit to the next round. With special items such as shovels and spring platforms, Cratermaze takes its game play to new heights, making for an unforgettable gaming experience.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Howdy

New Smash Bros character revealed:

A Pokémon trainer will be one of the many new playable fighters to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but he's more than your average character because he doesn't actually do any fighting.

Simply named 'Pokémon Trainer', the cap-wearing dude stands in the background and shouts orders to his three Pokémon; Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard.

So in effect, you play as the Pokémon, not the trainer, and you have the ability to switch between the three Pokémon at your will. We like the sound of that.

They share one damage meter so there's no unfair advantage, although series creator Masahiro Sakurai says they have one other interesting feature: stamina. "If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it's not so good for the Pokémon," he explains.

With the full-fat adventure mode announced earlier this month and now this innovative character, Smash Bros. Brawl is a great game getting better by the second. Shame we don't get it until next year.

Kirby VS Squirtle

Kirby VS Pikachu

Kirby VS Ivysaur VS Pikachu

I choose you...Charizard

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I wish the Pokemon looked like that in Battle Revolution.

Heroic Warrior
    My one wish was that Nintendo would go all out with a REAL Pokemon RPG on a next gen console. Not some battle-game crap either. A complete remake of the classic games, 3d RPG style on the Wii. Imagine that!!

Man I was jazzed last week with Fire Emblem stuff in SSBB but now they have added some aweosme Pokemon stuff too!

Also Metroid and Shining in the Darkness on the VC

If anyone has not played Shining in the Darkness they are missing out.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Also Metroid on the VC
    Howdy

Well us Europeans have had it for ages but honestly I don't see what is so great about the original Metroid. Far too unstructured for me. I love the Prime series though.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Heroic Warrior
    The option of playing as "Pokemon Trainer" is pretty cool. Apparently he never enters the actual battle. He stands in the background and thows out either Charizard, Squirtle, or Ivysaur and you control them!

here are some of the Metroid videos (in flash) in case you dont own a Wii to view them

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48438

The 2nd one is of particular interest to Mother brain fans

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I wish the Pokemon looked like that in Battle Revolution.
    Am I the only gamer that has never played a pokemon game?

Has anyone got a chance to play Sim City DS? I've been thinking about getting it but I've learned that Sim City games are either really good or really bad. I've read mixed reviews so I'm looking for other opinions.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Am I the only gamer that has never played a pokemon game?
    Nope - I immensely dislike the property, so I have steered clear of playing anything Pokemon, outside of the Smash Bros. series.....

I have never played Pokemon games either.

I don't mind the Pokemon games. I've played a few of them but always end up bored while trying to level up the little critters. One of these days I'll have to actually finish one of the games.