Page 134 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 8786

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    its a 46 inch Sharp Aquos LCD. I looked on the NYKOS website and they have a HDMI cable for $30 so i might go for that if i can find it.
    Do not pay no $30 for HDMI cables. Check out www.monoprice.com theyre pretty cheap oh and stay away for Monster cables
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

yeah i might have to. Went to best buy today and the only one they had was a $99 made by psyclone.
    Yep, sounds about right. HDMI offer the exact same quality whether they're $15, $100, gold plated, or blessed by god himself. Knowing this, I went to Best Buy to see what they had and they showed me a $65 one, and a $100 one. I asked the difference, and the girl said that the $100 one was gold plated inside so it could provide a much better picture than the cheaper version.

I then brought up the fact that I could get one for $15 online that did the exact same thing and explained how HMDI cables worked (since I hate being tricked by sales people and was able to catch one this time), and she looked confused. Probably just regurgitating what she'd been told and knew nothing about the cables themselves.

Anyway, I got mine off a site online that offered great deals, and my picture is crystal clear. I think it came to $16 after shipping, maybe a bit less.

ADDED: Ah, monoprice! That was it! That's the same site my friend sent me to get mine. I got it pretty fast and it did the trick just fine.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by mannyscollectibles View Post
    Do not pay no $30 for HDMI cables. Check out www.monoprice.com theyre pretty cheap oh and stay away for Monster cables
    yeah, you can also get them for about $6 from amazon --- out the door. Just do a search for "HDMI cables", and look at the new & used prices.

Also, if you have a Big Lots around, I've seen them there for $12.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    yeah, you can also get them for about $6 from amazon --- out the door. Just do a search for "HDMI cables", and look at the new & used prices.

Also, if you have a Big Lots around, I've seen them there for $12.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...words=ps3+hdmi

here is the search i did on amazon. Do you guys think i could trust the ones that are less than $5? Just seems like its way too good to be true.

also if anyone has an opinion on which of those i should get i'm all ears.
    The only two that say ps3 are the monster cable one and the one that says by Playstation. Does the PS3 use a male to male connection?
    Last edited by wolf-manj; October 21, 2007 at 09:28pm.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...words=ps3+hdmi

here is the search i did on amazon. Do you guys think i could trust the ones that are less than $5? Just seems like its way too good to be true.

also if anyone has an opinion on which of those i should get i'm all ears.
    The only two that say ps3 are the monster cable one and the one that says by Playstation. Does the PS3 use a male to male connection?
    An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. It's a digital signal, so unless you get the cable and it's worn through and corroded somehow, a $5 cable will be the same quality as a $100 cable. In thise case, that cheaper cable looks like it's fine, and when in doubt, check what the reviewers say.

And yes, it's a male to a male connection.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu View Post
    An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. It's a digital signal, so unless you get the cable and it's worn through and corroded somehow, a $5 cable will be the same quality as a $100 cable. In thise case, that cheaper cable looks like it's fine, and when in doubt, check what the reviewers say.

And yes, it's a male to a male connection.
    What he said - I bought my 3 HDMI cables from Fry's Electronics for about $11 apiece. They work great, and there is ABSOLUTELY no difference in quality between a $5 cable or a $200 cable.......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    What he said - I bought my 3 HDMI cables from Fry's Electronics for about $11 apiece. They work great, and there is ABSOLUTELY no difference in quality between a $5 cable or a $200 cable.......
    But surely there's a difference between a $5 and a $300 cable, no? The guy told me it was platinum plated and EMP shielded! And it can ward of werewolves in a pinch!
    and keep moving forward.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    is super paper mario any good? I was wondering if i was correct that you can play SMB 1 in 3D. What do you mean lego star wars 3? I know they are releasing 1 and 2 as one package on the next gen systems but are they making another different one? I just finished part 2 with 100% this morning.
    I remember in this thread a while back everyone was talking about Super Paper Mario, so I went and picked it up over the weekend. I think it's pretty cool to play, however it took me almost 20 minutes to start playing the game having to go through the story. Also having to talk to everyone and cycling through all the text is annoying, but the 3d/2d thing is cool.

Grats on 100%, when I hit that on my 360 I was happy. Lot of hard work :0)
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Today's VC update:

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

October 22, 2007

Autumn leaves aren't the only reason your October is about to get a lot more colorful. The latest additions to the Wii Shop Channel deliver a brisk, eye-pleasing mix of classic gameplay for fall. Dive into this pile of vibrant titles for a timeless dose of fun and fantasy.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Lunar Pool® (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Lunar Pool takes the historical game of billiards and reinvents it with a unique and futuristic flair. The rules are simple: All you need to do is use your cue stick to hit the white cue ball, causing it to hit the other numbered balls and make them go into the pockets. You can enjoy nearly unlimited game play with 30 tables, two different ball arrangements, and the ability to change the degree of friction on the table. You can play against a computer or another human player, so try challenging someone once you've got the hang of the game.

Ninja JaJaMaru-kun® (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Take on the role of a ninja called JaJaMaru and rescue the captured Princess Sakura from the evil Namazu Dayuu in this action-packed game, previously unreleased outside of Japan. JaJaMaru must use his throwing stars to defeat the monsters lurking in each of Dayuu's many hideouts. JaJaMaru has to be careful though, as each monster has its own unique weapon and method of attacking. The only way for him to advance is to break the floor bricks above him and move up and down between the levels of each round, defeating monsters as he goes. To help him, broken bricks sometimes reveal items that JaJaMaru can use to his advantage, possibly leading to the ultimate power-up: a ride on Gamapakun, the giant frog. Throw in some bonus stages and you've got a game with a style all its own.

Golden Axe™ III (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E10+ for Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): The once-peaceful kingdom so familiar to fans of the original Golden Axe is under threat once again. The Prince of Darkness has stolen the invaluable Golden Axe, taken over the kingdom and rendered its warriors harmless with an evil curse. One warrior breaks free from the curse and must defeat the prince and regain the Golden Axe to save the kingdom. In this one- or two-player action game, play as a giant, a panther or a sword-wielding human and fight your way to victory once again.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    Pretty bland week for me. Maybe Golden Axe 3, though I never played it, and heard it was not good. Know nothing about the import Ninja game.....

Some Guitar Hero 3 news for 360 owners.....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...F829088p1.html
    Last edited by Skullface; October 22, 2007 at 02:51pm.

Today's VC update:

Pretty bland week for me. Maybe Golden Axe 3, though I never played it, and heard it was not good. Know nothing about the import Ninja game.....

Some Guitar Hero 3 news for 360 owners.....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...F829088p1.html
    i'd have no need for that. If I'm not mistaken GA3 is on the sega genesis collection i have for the ps2.

oh and thanks for the info on the hdmi guys.

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    i'd have no need for that. If I'm not mistaken GA3 is on the sega genesis collection i have for the ps2.

oh and thanks for the info on the hdmi guys.
    You would be correct. All 3 Golden Axe games or on the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

To anyone who has been looking for Victorious Boxers for the Wii, it should be in stores this week. Its based on the anime Hajime No Ippo and is a basic successor to Wii Boxing (pick control scheme 2 for the most accurate controls)

For some reason it was shipped from xseed last week but only made it to California, NYC and Canada.

Here a really good review of it

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%3DzSjiL0UXkpY

Its been getting 6's on most game sites but thats because its being panned as not like Fight Night from EA, however much like MLB Power Pros (Baseball) it is a much superior experience that is panned because its deeper and controls better but is less impressive graphically.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Zack and Wiki is shipping to stores now, so any wii owner not supporting this game gets their video game license revoked by me!! An actual true 3rd party original game making full use of Wii remote, not showel ware or a port!
    Four sites have reported reviews of 9.0s. Even Gamespot for those that follow that site know they are much harder on Wii titles reviewed it at 8.5. Retails for only 39.99

From IGN's Wiik-in-Review

Quote:
    Zack and Wiki
    - Was supposed to have the exclusive review on Zack and Wiki up tonight, but they couldn't complete it - stuck on a really hard (but awesome) puzzle.
    - Maybe half-way through the game, and don't have any concerns about the length (about 15 hours).
    - Difficulty is great, ramps up as the game progresses. Everytime you step into a new level, you're confronted with more new and unique puzzles.
    - Puzzles and controls are lots of fun. Definitely recommend it - will be an editor's choice. Go and preorder it right now. One of the best 3rd party games on Wii. One of the very few Wii games that simply could not be replicated on another console. A "must-have title".
    - The puzzles are challenging, you may need to even get help from friends (which you can). "Best designed puzzles in a decade" - probably superior to Zelda. "The quality and consistency of these puzzles is just insane."
    - Don't have many complaints - wish they would supply more puzzles through WiiConnect24, sometimes need to use exact motions yet sometimes it's pretty much guess-work, sometimes trial-and-error gameplay might annoy.
    - But it's a really good game. Saw the GameInformer review - definitely not a mid-7's game.
    - Really smart puzzles and really beautiful (though sometimes framerate takes a dip). The animation is awesome - looks like you're watching a cartoon. Lots of polish and little elements that many other developers would not even think about including. "Insane production values."
    - Next week there will be massive coverage of the game.

"The landscapes are gorgeously rendered and highly varied in design. You'll progress from jungles to icy terrain and even into lava-filled caverns, each setting with a lush cel-shaded visual presentation that would make Eiji Aonuma proud. To be sure, with its spectacular artistic sense and strong use of technology - wait until you see the lighting and particle effects in place -- Z-Dub features some of the best graphics on Wii to date. Rest assured that everything runs in both 16:9 widescreen and progressive-scan modes, too."

"This game is quickly rising up the ranks to being one of my most anticipated Wii games. It looks great, has an awesome visual style, and the puzzles are hugely elaborate and amazingly clever."

"Zack and Wiki, with its family-friendly vibe and cel-shaded cartoon style, is a very good game. And while an intelligent kids will almost certainly dig it, so will intelligent adults. There's a lot to like here: Stylish visuals, challenging puzzles, and a nostalgic re-imagining of the point-and-click adventures of yore."

"In the end, Zack & Wiki turned out to be much more fun that I had expected. Even when playing Capcom's more heavily hyped Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Devil May Cry 4 at the same event, I kept thinking about how to solve Zack & Wiki's other puzzles, and how to beat levels faster than before. There may be no ninjas to keelhaul, but the game's focus on challenging the brain more than reflexes is refreshing and enjoyable in a third person adventure, and it is done in visually appealing style. If a puzzle game can appeal this much to an action gamer, then it has the potential to charm just about anyone."

Zack & Wiki got a 9 in Nintendo Power. Here is a summary of the review:

- Combines clever use of the Wii remote and positively brilliant puzzle design
    - Variety is astounding
    - Piecing it all together comes with a great sense of satisfaction
    - You will be scratching your head with some regularity, the puzzles are never so esoteric to leave you feeling cheated
    - Charm to burn; with an energetic sense of humor and an appealing visual style reminiscent of Wind Waker.
    - One of the Wii's best-looking titles; not for technical merit but because of the care that went into creating a very complete aesthetic.
    - Animation is especially fantastic
    - 20+ hours; adventure is plenty long - never, ever drags
    - Tons of extra stuff to do.
    - Concern about name of game; may not do well at retail because of it.
    - Truly deserves to be a big hit
    - One of the system's most creative, entertaining titles

Yes I agree, BUY ZACK AND WIKI!!

Its $39.99 and the closest thing to a Lucasarts puzzle game that the industry has seen in years.

It will be a darn shame if this game bombs sales wise while things like Carnival Games on Wii and Boogie sell over 100,000
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I really want the Zack & Wiki game, but I have no idea when I can pick it up.

Had to put a HUGE amount of $$$ into my car, and have to get the credit cards paid down, which'll take a long time. Maybe I'll get it for X-Mas.

The only game I'm buying for the forseeable future is Guitar Hero 3. It's really hard with SO much coming out over the next 3 weeks or so alone!

Zack & Wiki
    Tomb Raider Anniversary (360)
    Conan
    Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Guitar Hero 3
    Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Assassin's Creed
    The Simpsons game
    Silent Hill Origins
    Manhunt 2
    Mario Galaxy
    Rock Band
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am

All those coupled with games I haven't picked up yet = $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Heavenly Sword
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
    Final Fantasy 2

Man, it's expensive to be a gamer today........

Manhunt 2
    think im gonna have to pass on that one since rockstar had to cut it up a lot to get the rating to M.

I do want to get Heavenly Sword eventually. What exactly is Mario Galaxy?

What exactly is Mario Galaxy?
    Super Mario Galaxy, the biggest game the Wii has for 2007, here is the intro to the game

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2Findex03.html

Its the true sequel to Super Mario 64, think of it as Nintendo's Halo 3 in terms of quality and importance to the platform.

IGN scores Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction a 9.4!!!!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...F829409p1.html

IGN scores Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction a 9.4!!!!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...F829409p1.html
    Sweet, I think this may be the 1st PS3 game I will actually enjoy buying...I loved the demo at WWC and then the PSN Demo was even better than that!

Wii Wii Wii all the way

Super Mario Galaxy is gonna rule, the soundtrack alone is worth the price of the game:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...r%2F26599.html

OK this is something, Zack and Wiki has to be good because 1up gave it a 9!

They hate just about every Wii game there is

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...FcId%3D3163925

Score 9.0

"Thankfully, Zack & Wiki is far more than the sum of its pieces, and it absolutely succeeds despite any minor problems. It's a huge world of wonderful puzzles to solve, with creative approaches to even the most mundane solutions; it's also a big game, and it goes on far longer than even the story would imply (though some people may never beat the last couple stages without assistance). Its biggest hurdle will be finding its audience, as it's the kind of game you don't know you're dying for until you play it (and its youthful aesthetic doesn't do it any favors). But it's worth looking into for every Wii owner, and if it isn't the best game for the system, it's at least the most "must-play" Wii experience next to Wii Sports. It's unmatched as a cognitively and creatively challenging experience, and just about anyone can pick it up and enjoy and appreciate it for what it does...even if they won't get very far. "

I cried a little. I hit the Wal-Mart last night around 10:30, and they had Ratchet & Clank and Zack & Wiki on the shelf. Then I looked at my wallet, which shook it's head at me. Then I saw the R&C again this afternoon at another Wal-Mart.

Hurry up and get here X-Mas!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Is Zack and Wiki really $39.99?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Is Zack and Wiki really $39.99?
    Actually, it's only $39.96 at Wal-Mart!