Page 147 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    LIES! It can still play PS1 games......just not ps2 games
    Can it? I guess I had assumed that it was both PSX and PS2

Official Sales for November from NPD have come in!! PS3 pretty much bombed again, and the DS outsold the entire PS Family (PSP, PS2, and PS3 combined).

November 2007 US Hardware Unit Sales

1. Nintendo DS 1.53 million
    2. Wii 981K
    3. Xbox 360 770K
    4. PSP 567K
    5. PlayStation 2 496K
    6. PlayStation 3 466K

November 2007 US Top 10 Video Games, my God the 360 almost had 2 million sellers in 1 month! and Go Go Go Mario!!!

1. 360 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION 1.57 million
    2. WII SUPER MARIO GALAXY NINTENDO OF AMERICA 1.12 million
    3. 360 ASSASSIN'S CREED UBISOFT 980K
    4. PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION 967K
    5. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA 564K
    6. 360 MASS EFFECT MICROSOFT (CORP) 473K
    7. PS3 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION 444K
    8. WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION 426K
    9. 360 HALO 3 MICROSOFT (CORP) 387K
    10. PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED UBISOFT 377K
    11. WII MARIO AND SONIC AT THE OLYMPICS SEGA 333K

Mario Galaxy sold more in 2 1/2 weeks then Mario Sunshine sold in 5 months (Aug-Dec 2002)

Halo 3 crossed the 4 million mark this month! That is just jaw dropping

So much for 3rd parties can't sell on the Wii. GH3 is almost at 800k after about 5 weeks, Mario and Sonic will be at 500k easily by Christmas, RE4 Wii is past 800k

System exclusives for PS3 Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted bombed, Rock Band did not chart in to the Top 10 with either format and the PS3 version all but crashed and burned horribly.

Other notables

360 Rock Band 312K
    PS3 Uncharted 117K
    WII Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training 232K (2 weeks of sales)
    PS3 Rock Band 70K
    Wii Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 120K*
    Wii High School Musical Sing It 180K

And updates on totals for the year of interest

Zack and Wiki 35-50K (After 2 months)
    Metroid Prime 3 500k (After 4 months)
    Ratchet and Clank 135K (After 1 3/4 months)

*RE's numbers may be low but keep in mind that Capcom said they expect 650k sales worldwide in 6 months, well right now combining US and JP sales for 1 month its at almost 300k (almost 1/2) so it should do just like RE4 Wii did and surpass their expectations

CRYSIS (86k sold) on the PC outsold most PS3 software, that speaks volumes!

And a funny comment, Zack and Wiki managed to outsell Manhunt 2
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, I've made my next move towards getting a PS3.

I found out that if you apply for a Sony credit card, they are running a promotion where if you buy a PS3 from a qualifing retailer, you will get a $100 credit back on the card after a mail in rebate. (This will only work for new card members).

They say the rebate will take 8 to 12 weeks to process. The nice thing is that the card also comes with 12 months of no interest financing. So, essentially, someone could apply for the card, buy the PS3, make the minimum payments for the first few months or so (since there will be no interest), then when the $100 credit shows up, eliminating that chunk of the balance, then just pay off the rest of the balance right away.

I already applied for the card, and the online application said I was approved, and should receive it in a couple of weeks.

I just wonder whether or not this would work for the 60GB models if any "qualiying stores" have any left (I have to find out what exactly constitutes a qualifying store).

If I can't find any stores that still have the 60GB model, then I will likely just get the 80GB version. Some compatibility is better than none.

I also wonder if Amazon would be considered a qualifying store. I know I just had a bad experience with a refurb until from their warehouse deals subsideary, but I don't think that I would have the same problem buying a brand new 80GB system from the main Amazon site.

In the event that I can't find a 60GB anywhere that will work with this deal, and if Amazon does qualify as a retailer that this will work with, then I may order from them with no tax, free shipping, and I could place the order using the link on the main page of he-man.org, thus supporting the site with a pretty big purchase.

And the fact that the card will take a couple of weeks to receive works out with me wanting to wait until my defective system is credited back to me before going forward with a new purchase anyway.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

I found out that if you apply for a Sony credit card, they are running a promotion where if you buy a PS3 from a qualifing retailer, you will get a $100 credit back on the card after a mail in rebate. (This will only work for new card members).
    I had heard something about that, I would assume amazon.com is a "qualifying" retailer, I think most big chains or online stores could pass.

Now that the sale numbers have come out I read something over at neogaf that made me think we may see many companies jump ship soon to multiplatform (regardless of what is being said about MGS4 and FFXIII)

Look at this, its the 1st month sales for the last 4 PS3 Exclusives

139,000 Heavenly Sword (Sept)
    135,000 Ratchet and Clank (End of Oct/Nov)
    117,000 Uncharted (Nov)
    104,300 Lair (End of Aug/Sept)

Here are the 1st month sales of the last 2 PS3 Multi Platforms

444,000 Call of Duty 4
    377,000 Assasins Creed

I think that the marketing attention these games get from their 360 release is what is serously driving the sales, with development and marketing costs being as high as they are I just dont see the financial sense in making PS3 only games at the moment (that could change if the PS3 starts shifting more units and games due to the 40gb sku). But developers who claim this is not bothersome are lying, when you see sales of 2-3x more software on ports from the 360 then you do games you tailored specifically for the platform something is wrong.

I have to wonder what the spin machine is going to say given the fact that 3rd party Wii software is now selling better than 1st party Sony software (that did not even sound right when I wrote it)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Well I finally got my rig up, and running, after almost a month long hiatus.
    Which I'll post about elsewhere,

But I finally got my copy of UTIII Collector's Edition installed, and I haven't put it down since I got home from work. For those of you who are getting the PC version, the graphics have been cleaned up A LOT since the beta demo, and the performance is much better. I'm still running @ min detail at the lowest resolution because my two and a half year old Geforce 6600GT can't keep up
    with all of the eye candy on, but it still looks better than the demo that low.
    I also keep a steady 60-70fps most of the time. The requirements aren't very high for the rest of the specs, so I think most people could probably run this almost as good as I can, and an inexpensive video card upgrade (Geforce 7 or 8 line) could get it looking about on par with the Xbox 360 version. Early next year they expect the 8800GT to fall to it's intended launch price (Inflated by rarity)
    of $200-$300 so if your system supports PCI Express It's a worthwhile upgrade you can move to your next machine to save some dough on.
    If your system supports only AGP and you have a really old card, or integrated video then you could still get a Geforce 7 line card for well under $100 to give your rig one last hurrah for gaming.
    Epic also released a patch on Monday which makes making ps3 mods easier, and fixes some minor glitches, and enhances the server browser.

The Game really does meet between UT, and UT2k4 play wise. The weapons are all much stronger which brings it closer to the pace of UT. They also increased the run speed. But they did keep the advanced dodging from 2k4 except the dodge jump because it doesn't fit the map scale well although I find you can still dodge jump if you have the jump boots. A modder already created a dodge jump mutator for people who won't let it go. I saw it on a few servers already. Unreal fan sites will probably have new maps up pretty soon at the rate it's going. I noticed a lot of new players weaned on Battlefield 2142, Halo, and Counter Strike giving it a go, and they seem to dig it.
    I know the "Realistic" Tactical shooter is the big thing these days, but I think UT3 will be a kind of surprise. Of course die hard UT fans are getting it and some of the purist whining is starting to die down (People who wanted UT with better graphics and people who wanted 2k4 with better graphics)
    But I think people will be surprised on the console end of things. Especially on the PS3 if mapmakers take a liking to making maps for the console version.
    And since most developers seem to be so focused on tactical, historical, military shooters with real world physics, the frantic old school fun of UT is in many ways the only game in town. Some have praised Quake Wars Enemy territory, but honestly play Warfare in UT3, and you won't want to play other sci fi team shooters. Personally I'm a straight up DM fan, and UT3 has that same addictive drive every UT has had, making me want to master the movement, and weapon accuracy as best I can.
    One feature I don't see critics talking about is the "Create a character" feature. Just like in Wrestling games you can pick different heads, and outfits to make a custom character. But on top of that you can still use the Editor to import 3d models you made in maya or 3d studio max into UT3.
    The Editor is still pretty similar in layout to UT2k4's, but Unreal Engine 3 doesn't appear to have much in the way of "Stock" textures, so it looks like you have to really get into photoshop. Which IMO isn't a bad move, it forces more creativity. Of course you could still export the game graphics to the editor but the UE2 at least had some right there.
    In any event the interface isn't as difficult as it seems, with some practice, a novice can make a map of Duke3d complexity in minutes. Of course if you want to make maps as well as Epic, or ID do that's going to take a real commitment as always. As a UT fan I love the game. I can already tell my clan will be playing this until whenever the next one comes out.
    And I sense people tired of military shooters (not that I don't like Call of Duty 4) would find UT3 refreshing, since there really aren't many games of it's ilk.
    Crysis is really more of a single player game, Quake Wars is good but trust me isn't as fun as UT, and BF2142 is in game commercial city.
    Team Fortress 2 is a real treat though. It's fun, and uses the source engine which is very scaleable.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    R.C. Pro-Am for the NES is STILL the greatest racing game ever, IMO, with the Mario Kart series a close second......

When is R.C. PA ever gonna be released on the Virtual Console? Developed by Rare, BTW......
    Dude, you totally read my mind!! R.C. Pro AM is the only racing game besides Mario Kart where I've had tons of fun. Forget Gran Tourismo, I don't need realistic graphics for a racing game...I just want it to be fun and competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Look at this, its the 1st month sales for the last 4 PS3 Exclusives

139,000 Heavenly Sword (Sept)
    135,000 Ratchet and Clank (End of Oct/Nov)
    117,000 Uncharted (Nov)
    104,300 Lair (End of Aug/Sept)
    I am soooo disappointed with the numbers for Uncharted. I'm even more upset that Sony isn't pushing their exclusive games. I really hope Naughty Dog doesn't get caught up in the sales numbers because I NEED a sequel to Uncharted. Forget Jak...give me another adventure with Drake!

At the same time, I'm glad it broke 100k and it did come out towards the end of November, so 117k in two weeks for a brand new IP isn't too shabby.

Heroic Warrior
    One thing that always bugs me about all those "pretty" racers, is the control. It always seems like they look like real-life...but the controls suck! What is it with developers pouring their all into the graphics, and hardly bothering to do much else past that?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I am soooo disappointed with the numbers for Uncharted. I'm even more upset that Sony isn't pushing their exclusive games. I really hope Naughty Dog doesn't get caught up in the sales numbers because I NEED a sequel to Uncharted. Forget Jak...give me another adventure with Drake!
    I agree, something tells me they will make a sequel just because its obvious that Uncharted sold more than R&C (and Jak is very similar to R&C) so its more profitable.

At the same time, I'm glad it broke 100k and it did come out towards the end of November, so 117k in two weeks for a brand new IP isn't too shabby.
    Yeah but the numbers are deceiving, November is always one of the highest months of the year and with the money spent on development this game should have sold much more in 2 weeks.

It should get a boost in December since there is virtually nothing on the platform but I doubt it will be much so Sonys best hope is that it has legs and keep selling 100k each month to slowly get decent sales (but the legs of all the past PS3 exclusives has shown that wont happen).

I think the game will do well in EU, it bombed super hard in Japan so if its to get a greenlight for a sequel its going to have to be on potential.

All eyes will be on Japan this month as it arguably has the largest PS3 userbase and one of its big guns (the Prologue to Gran Turismo 5) came out, if it does not sell 250k by the end of the week that does not speak well at all for the platform.

This might interest some , its the new Final Fantasy The Young King Trailer (their 2008 Wii Ware game), it gives a bit more on the story

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aR2uzh8smyE

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

They say the rebate will take 8 to 12 weeks to process. The nice thing is that the card also comes with 12 months of no interest financing. So, essentially, someone could apply for the card, buy the PS3, make the minimum payments for the first few months or so (since there will be no interest), then when the $100 credit shows up, eliminating that chunk of the balance, then just pay off the rest of the balance right away.

I already applied for the card, and the online application said I was approved, and should receive it in a couple of weeks.

I just wonder whether or not this would work for the 60GB models if any "qualiying stores" have any left (I have to find out what exactly constitutes a qualifying store).

If I can't find any stores that still have the 60GB model, then I will likely just get the 80GB version. Some compatibility is better than none.

I also wonder if Amazon would be considered a qualifying store. I know I just had a bad experience with a refurb until from their warehouse deals subsideary, but I don't think that I would have the same problem buying a brand new 80GB system from the main Amazon site.

In the event that I can't find a 60GB anywhere that will work with this deal, and if Amazon does qualify as a retailer that this will work with, then I may order from them with no tax, free shipping, and I could place the order using the link on the main page of he-man.org, thus supporting the site with a pretty big purchase.

And the fact that the card will take a couple of weeks to receive works out with me wanting to wait until my defective system is credited back to me before going forward with a new purchase anyway.

I love it when a plan comes together.
    Do you have a link for the offer?
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

For anyone who is wondering I'll list the differences between the 40GB and the 80GB PS3
    Blu-Ray Playback: both
    Wi-Fi: both
    Ethernet: both
    USB Ports: 40GB has 2 80 GB has 4
    Backwards compatibility: 40GB has no PS2 support but will play PSX
    80GB has both but the ps2 is limited
    the 40GB comes with Spiderman 3 Blu-ray. The 80GB comes with motorstorm
    The 40GB plays Cds, DVDs, BDs, but not Super Audio CDs.
    The 40GB does not have a multi-format flash memory card reader. You will have to buy a USB card reader.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    For anyone who is wondering I'll list the differences between the 40GB and the 80GB PS3
    Blu-Ray Playback: both
    Wi-Fi: both
    Ethernet: both
    USB Ports: 40GB has 2 80 GB has 4
    Backwards compatibility: 40GB has no PS2 support but will play PSX
    80GB has both but the ps2 is limited
    the 40GB comes with Spiderman 3 Blu-ray. The 80GB comes with motorstorm
    The 40GB plays Cds, DVDs, BDs, but not Super Audio CDs.
    The 40GB does not have a multi-format flash memory card reader. You will have to buy a USB card reader.
    OT It seems like Spidey 3 ain't burning up the movie aisle. Sony's giving it away with the nerfed version of their console. At work we're giving it away with two Toner Carts, I saw a supermarket giving it away with a certain purchase level of groceries........ Just wow.

It's a cool console, but the only two games I like thus far are UT3 which already plays great on my PC (And will look just as great when I get that 8800GT )
    And Virtua Fighter 5. So I'll be waiting on that for at least another year. I'm also not a huge movie buff, so Blu Ray flicks aren't a big deal to me.
    But I sincerely hope the people who shelled out for one are happy with it.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; December 15, 2007 at 01:15pm.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    (And will look just as great when I get that 8800GT )
    I've been on a wait list for about 3-weeks now on Amazon. Somebody else there said they've been on it since before Thanksgiving. What about you?
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    I've been on a wait list for about 3-weeks now on Amazon. Somebody else there said they've been on it since before Thanksgiving. What about you?
    I'm on Auto Notify @ Newegg
    The Deviot

-?

OT It seems like Spidey 3 ain't burning up the movie aisle. Sony's giving it away with the nerfed version of their console. At work we're giving it away with two Toner Carts, I saw a supermarket giving it away with a certain purchase level of groceries........ Just wow
    Yeah I saw the movie selling at Gamestop yesterday used for $13

It's a cool console, but the only two games I like thus far are UT3 which already plays great on my PC (And will look just as great when I get that 8800GT ) And Virtua Fighter 5. So I'll be waiting on that for at least another year. I'm also not a huge movie buff, so Blu Ray flicks aren't a big deal to me.
    I very much bought mine to be a Blu-Ray player and hoped it would be a replacement for the PS2 (which it currently is), but hopefully in 2008 the potential gets more realized and then I am only really wanting the next Final Fantasy.

But I sincerely hope the people who shelled out for one are happy with it.
    I am happy with mine when I think of it as a Blu-Ray player, when I think of it as a console I have not been this disappointed since I got the Xbox last gen (of which I still only will play 2 games, Halo and Knights of the Old Republic).

A friend of mine just sold their PS3 and bought a PS2, thats a first I think (he complained the PS3 was just too much and even though it was backwards compatible he did not want to mess with adapters and such for games like GH1/2).

Which one are you looking to get?

I'm on the list for "PNY XLR8 8800GT 512MB DDR3 Graphics Card". It's $249 from Amazon, and with no shipping + no tax (+ the gift certificates I have), it's a great deal. I think if I went with new egg, I'd get dinged on shipping + taxes because we're both in CA!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Wii Owners in Canada Rejoice:

Zellers is selling 2000 WiiPoints for $14.99 until Thursday. In-store only.
    Those of you who live close to the American-Canadian border and want to stock up on WiiPoints, go to www.zellers.ca to find a location in the closest Canadian city to you.

http://shop.hbc.com/webapp/wcs/store...CachePage=true

And also... tomorrow is the 20th Anniversary of Mega Man 1 for the NES... who thinks it will be released to the VC in the morning? New Smash character to be announced? Hrrrmmmm...
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

I got the Assassin's Creed Altair figure from NECA.

Even though I haven't even played the game yet.

He's pretty cool. It'd be nice if he had more useful articulation. Everything is a well-hidden ball-joint, but they have very little movement. I love his design though.

I was hoping to put him in rad jumping poses but it seems I'm limited to "standing around looking tough and switching out the accessories."

Final standing:

funny pictures
    moar funny pictures
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

PS3 Firmware 2.1 coming this week, everyone upgrade when it does

• Voice Changer (to mask your voice online)
    • XVID/WMV/DIVX Support added (some limitations but better than nothing)
    • Full blown Blu-Ray 1.1 Support (for all new movies and Java)

Today's VC update: (No Mega Man.....)

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Dec. 17, 2007

It's sci-fi/fantasy week on the Virtual Console™, and you know what that means. The Cybernators are deadly, the aliens are ruthless and the monsters are...cute. It's a collection of three classic action games designed to keep your blood boiling as the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter. Virtual Console: your winter security blanket.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii™ Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Cybernator (SNES®, 1 player, rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): It is the near future. Resources are dwindling, and the major powers of the world are in dispute over territory. Pilot the Cybernator G5-E for the 95th brigade of the mechanized marines and throw yourself into the war. Get briefed before each mission to confirm your targets, and then do your best to clear each of the seven stages, freely using the suit's equipped tools and four types of weaponry. By collecting the "power chips" left by defeated enemies, it is also possible to reinforce each weapon up to a maximum of three levels. It is left to your judgment as to whether to reinforce a specific weapon or to power up all weapons simultaneously, adding a bit of strategy to the nonstop action. The powerful background music, military-like atmosphere (look for bullet marks on the walls and the strained communication during combat) and intense story development combine to give the world of Cybernator a gritty, sci-fi feel that you won't soon forget.

Alien Storm™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Shape-shifting aliens have infiltrated the city, creating chaos and panic! Fortunately, a trio of heroes called the Alien Busters has agreed to wipe out the invading creatures. The members of the team wield their own special attacks, and they unload a world of hurt on the Martian menaces from the city streets to the mother ship. Gordon, a tough guy with a bazooka, has a special gunship attack, while Karla has a flamethrower for alien crisping, though she prefers to use her special ballistic-missile attack. Finally, Slammer the robot can self-destruct at will and attacks the intruders with an electric whip and other devices. Take the aliens by storm and save your city.

Monster Lair (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence, 800 Wii Points): Join young Adam and Laura as they embark on a fantastic adventure in this comical action/shooting game. Featuring beautiful music brought to life by the power of the CD-ROM, the game consists of 14 rounds packed with cute monster enemies. Players can either play alone as Adam (or play with a friend controlling Laura) as they battle their way through round after round. The first half of each round is the action scene, where players must avoid obstacles and pits. Use your Power Boost weapons against enemies and restore your Life Force with food as you head for the gate at the end. The second half is the exhilarating shooting scene, where players must shoot down flying enemies. Take out the boss at the end to clear the round and move to the next one.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Dang Nintendo, get Yoshi's Island on the Virtual Console already.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

So I dl'ed and played the Uncharted demo last night. Fun, but for me, personally, I dunno if it's $60 fun. Have to give it a rental to see for myself....

For those who have it, is there a decent balance of platforming/exploring and combat? The demo seemed more combat intensive than I'd like in a full game, but again, I know it's just a demo. The near-endless waves of enemies did start to get a little old to me after the 3rd time around.....

So I dl'ed and played the Uncharted demo last night. Fun, but for me, personally, I dunno if it's $60 fun. Have to give it a rental to see for myself....

For those who have it, is there a decent balance of platforming/exploring and combat? The demo seemed more combat intensive than I'd like in a full game, but again, I know it's just a demo. The near-endless waves of enemies did start to get a little old to me after the 3rd time around.....
    That's how I felt about the demo to heavenly sword. it really didn't make me interested in the game - though I don't have a ps3 heavenly sword ereally was a let down in terms of the demo. just felt kind of meh.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Today's VC update: (No Mega Man.....)
    That should be of no surprise, the EU is the only ones who have gotten Mega Man on the VC (or will because it got cleared for ratings)

I am surprised at the lack of Capcom NES or SNES games, I know Square is being a bunch of prudes in regards to VC content but Capcom should be all over it ******* their classic IP's other than Ghouls and Ghosts

hemanrep I think is the only one of us who actually owns it (I have played the demo repeatedly) but I read online that the actual game is more balanced.

Its supposed to be a next-gen version of Tomb Raider so I would think they only made combat the focal point of the demo to lure those who like FPS style games

Woot! Woot! I just got notice that mine will be delivered between 12/28-1/02. SO SOON! YEAH!!!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar

Well, there is a lot of shooting and it is the main game play mechanic, but the game does have other elements such as basic puzzle solving and vehicle stuff. The story also was so interesting that I wanted to keep going. The wave of enemies does get repetitive, but it really didn't deter me from finishing the game -- and I rarely finish games...so that means a lot. And the last 2/3 of the game also goes from Gear of War type combat to more of a fast paced combat that rarely uses the cover system.

It's a short game so may be you'll likely have a better time with a rental, but AAA titles have been hard to come by and I'd rather support the game by purchasing it.

1UP Yours Podcast was glowing with positive feedback about the game and Garnett even said it's his PS3 GOTY. It's an amazingly balanced game that should have sold better than it did. The demo doesn't do it justice.

IGN's review of Nights is in, kinda sad though. Only a 6.5 out of 10. They did have some positives for it, but all in all, it just sounds like it got rushed for X-Mas, and could have used another 3-6 months or so to have been great.....

http://wii.ign.com/articles/842/842331p1.html

I'll definitely give it a rental, as I've been waiting like many others for 10 years for a sequel and I'd still like to see how it stacks up against the original.....