Page 155 of 351 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Well, I turned the internet upside down and have not found a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for a decent price (let alone from a reliable vendor). So I decided to say "screw it, I'm buying the Wii version." And that's just what I did. The $49.99 CDN price that most new games are selling at didn't hurt either, especially when they were $59.99 CDN in Canada a few months ago.

I put in some time with it already and it is exactly what I expected, which is great! At first I put it on Normal difficulty, but I always had trouble getting past one of the early stages, so I decided to switch to Easy thinking that it was just going to get harder in the later stages. I'm moving along swimmingly now.

I think I should stop buying games for a while though. I've spent a lot of money lately . . .
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I put in some time with it already and it is exactly what I expected, which is great! At first I put it on Normal difficulty, but I always had trouble getting past one of the early stages, so I decided to switch to Easy thinking that it was just going to get harder in the later stages. I'm moving along swimmingly
    That is deceiving for a lot of people, the difficulty was ramped up for the Wii sequel

Normal on Radiant Dawn is equal to Hard in Path of Radiance, Easy is equal to Normal.

And just make sure you pay attention to the conversations that take place while you are in camp, a lot of the stuff from Path of Radiance is contained there.

Also when you get to the 2nd Act it gets much better, the 1st Act with the Dawn Brigade is really slow when compared to Path of Radiance's campaigns.

If you have any other questions about story or characters feel free to ask, Fire Emblem is awesome!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!

Captain Olimar joins the Brawl along with his Pikmin!
    According to the site, if he has no Pikmin, he can't do anything... no smash moves or anything.

www.smashbros.com

MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!

Captain Olimar joins the Brawl along with his Pikmin!
    According to the site, if he has no Pikmin, he can't do anything... no smash moves or anything.
    That is awesome! I guess using him will require real strategy, I wonder what his final smash is?

in Xbox news, 360 Backwards Compatability updates winding down

Speaking with Albert Penello, group marketing manager for the Xbox 360, at CES this week, we touched on the future of the Xbox past. The most recent update to the list of original Xbox games that are playable on the Xbox 360, bringing the total to 465 last gen titles, could very well be the last, according to Penello. "I don't know if we have plans to do any more releases," Penello said "It feels like we kind of hit the point of diminishing returns there. I know with the Xbox Originals, there are still things happening there, but in terms of a lot of engineering work around bringing out new titles, I think they're winding that down."
    And rumors abound that Smash Bros will be delayed in the US till March

Star Wars Characters included in Soul Calibur 4
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by battlecatboy View Post
    As much of a boost as an external drive can give them, it would really sell about as much as the HD-DVD one did.

If it was built in that might be another matter all together, but the 360 is not going to get massive sales from a Blu-Ray add-on that wont be ready till at least Q2 or Q3

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Well, I turned the internet upside down and have not found a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for a decent price (let alone from a reliable vendor). So I decided to say "screw it, I'm buying the Wii version." And that's just what I did. The $49.99 CDN price that most new games are selling at didn't hurt either, especially when they were $59.99 CDN in Canada a few months ago.

I put in some time with it already and it is exactly what I expected, which is great! At first I put it on Normal difficulty, but I always had trouble getting past one of the early stages, so I decided to switch to Easy thinking that it was just going to get harder in the later stages. I'm moving along swimmingly now.

I think I should stop buying games for a while though. I've spent a lot of money lately . . .

It seems like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is a rare item. I didnt even know that I actually have a barely played copy of it. Its even got all the inserts that came with it and not one scratch. Its funny cause its been sitting inside my Gamecube for well over a a year and a half maybe even closer to 2 years and matter of fact i never even finished it.

So my question is why is this game so rare
    Last edited by mannyscollectibles; January 9, 2008 at 07:19pm.
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    BOO! Darth should be in Smash Bros!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyscollectibles View Post
    So my question is why is this game so rare
    There are several factors, one being it was one the last BIG games to come out on the Gamecube and the platform had already been declared the loser and in last place.

It was the 1st FE game in America on a console, and only the 3rd US release (the other 2 were gameboy advance games). The Gameboy ones sold great but the $49 price tag turned away people who were unaware of what it was

To give up an idea of its newness to the US, In Japan it was the 8th or 9th edition of Fire Emblem (going all the way back to the NES)

And finally a supremely low print run, the game only sold about 75-80,000 copies during the entire Gamecube era, to put that in perspective the Wii version Radian Dawn (adding JP and US) has sold almost 300,000 (nearly 4-5x) so far

Most people snapped the game up for $19.99 at Best Buys and Walmarts still had a few copies when the Wii was released.

But yeah its pretty rare and the success of Fire Emblem on the Wii has made it a bit more valuable than most GC games given its
    storyline ties.

Its am amazing game and up there with Eternal Darkness, RE4, and Pikmin 1 and 2 as gems of the Gamecube.

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Wow i didnt even know about the low print run for FE, matter of fact i actually remember when i got it, my wife actually got it for me as a birthday present in 2005, October I think....Im not sure if at the time it had been out for a while or not . I remember the commercials and thinking to myself how cool the game looked. I think i can even remember my wife telling me it was a little bit hard to find.

Its funny because I was considering turning it in at Gamecrazy for store credit towards another game but I couldnt get myself to sell a game my wife had gotten for me on my birthday
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

IGN is saying Vader will be a PS3 exclusive and Yoda will be 360 exclusive. Hopefully down the road, you'll be able to d/l the other character. Yoda will probably be more interesting/challenging to play as, but COME ON! IT'S VADER!!!! I'll be getting the PS3 version for sure, if this is how it goes down.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    As much of a boost as an external drive can give them, it would really sell about as much as the HD-DVD one did.

If it was built in that might be another matter all together, but the 360 is not going to get massive sales from a Blu-Ray add-on that wont be ready till at least Q2 or Q3
    I disagree, I think that if Blu Ray wins the war-which it appears to be doing-then I think this add on would sell big. I for 1 have thought Blu Ray movies were better but I'm not really informed on that stuff. But if they win the DVD war then I can see MS selling quit a few, especially if they can make it for a decent amount. It could really hurt the PS3 though. But that's just my opinion.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Wow, I had no idea Fire Emblem for the GameCube was rare. 12 buxx brand new sucka!
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by battlecatboy View Post
    I disagree, I think that if Blu Ray wins the war-which it appears to be doing-then I think this add on would sell big. I for 1 have thought Blu Ray movies were better but I'm not really informed on that stuff. But if they win the DVD war then I can see MS selling quit a few, especially if they can make it for a decent amount. It could really hurt the PS3 though. But that's just my opinion.
    It may or it may not, the HD-DVD sold like crap in comparison to standalone HD-DVD players.

MS said the HD-DVD external unit has sold around 225-250,000 units since it launched. When you see the userbase is almost 9-10 million in the US and 2-7million in the UK as well as 350,000 in Japan that is a VERY small number.

Compared to the PS3 its even worse as the PS3 has sold 2.5 million in Japan, 3 million in the US and around 3 million in the EU/UK

But with Blu-Ray as the winner that could change things greatly

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Is the $100 off a PS3 with a sony credit card deal still available?
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Is the $100 off a PS3 with a sony credit card deal still available?
    Should be. It's $100.00 off your first purchase of $299.00 or more when you open a Sony Visa. Plus it's no interest for 12 months.

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Should be. It's $100.00 off your first purchase of $299.00 or more when you open a Sony Visa. Plus it's no interest for 12 months.
    What are the restrictions on where i buy the PS3?
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    they must have had the same thing when the PS2 came out. I got mine on launch day for about $170. Because of my mother's sony credit card and because the store she got it at tried to screw her out of it even though she had stood in line and put her name on the list. So they gave her a discount.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Well, I've heard mixed things.

After I received my card and signed up with Sony Rewards, I called the phone number listed in the corner of SonyStyle.com. I asked that if I could get this deal at an actual Sony Style physical location (because there's not one for from me) or if I had to order through the website.

The guy told me that it had to be through the website. However, I don't know if that is accurate, because I have heard of other people going to the actual Sony Style stores and buying it there.

At any rate, I don't think you can buy it from places like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. I think you at least have to get it from Sony.

I ordered mine through the website (actually the guy I talked to just took the order over the phone, but same difference). At the time they were offering free shipping, though this was just prior to Christmas, so I don't know if that was a temporary promotion or not.

If you do this, when you get your card, before you place the order, make sure you go to SonyRewards.com and register your card with their rewards program (it's free). I believe this is required to get the deal.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It has to be at a "Sony Style" store or at sonystyle.com

Cheapassgamer has just posted that Walmart has Super Smash Bros Brawl for $19.82 preorder

Its most likely a price mistake but the worst that can happen is Walmart cancels your order due to the mistake, but if it goes through as correct then you save more than 50%

Wow! What a deal!

I just preordered it at that price. Hopefully it's not accidentally the "strategy guide" or something like that.

Cheapassgamer has just posted that Walmart has Super Smash Bros Brawl for $19.82 preorder

Its most likely a price mistake but the worst that can happen is Walmart cancels your order due to the mistake, but if it goes through as correct then you save more than 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Wow! What a deal!

I just preordered it at that price. Hopefully it's not accidentally the "strategy guide" or something like that.
    Yeah, but if thats the case you can always just take it back to the store and return it.

They have done this before, sometimes they cancel the order. Other times they honor the price, or they cancel the order and give you a gift certificate to use in store or online for messing up your order and offering you something thats not available.

But I guess its not totally unbelievable, remember TRU basically sold Super Mario Galaxy for $25 ($50 but you got a $25 gift card) in November.

Apparently they've been made aware of the error, as the link is no longer valid.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Apparently they've been made aware of the error, as the link is no longer valid.
    Yes the deal is no longer valid, but my order has yet to be cancelled

There were a TON of Walmart video game deals this morning so I cant believe it was just a random pricing error.

They had things like Turok and Haze for $40, Lost Planet on the 360 for $30, Burnout Paradise for $30