Page 184 of 351 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

I had fun playing Armageddon w/o doing any Fatalities...bcuz, frankly, they're getting too complicated.

MK kas a lot more going for it than violence. When it first came out, a lot of other games like Way of the Warrior tried to be violent but they couldnt' hold the audience.

What little I see of the gameplay here looks decent

Besides, this picture is badass.

Last edited by Blue Jester; April 20, 2008 at 03:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    For Wii games I suggest you check this site out http://wiisave.com

As for PS3 games I think this is all you have to do

Download the zip file that contains the save
    Unzip the file and Transfer the folder from your computer to your memory device (sd card).
    Take the memory device and insert it into your PS3.
    Go to the Saved Data Utility folder under the Game menu
    Hit the X button.
    You should see your old game saves and the memory device.
    Select your memory device and hit the X button.
    Now you will see the game save from your memory device.
    Hit the Triangle button and select copy.

EDIT: The entire Metal Gear Solid Online Beta install/update/register experience took me from 1p-10:31 (almost 10 1/2hrs)

thanks, that should help. I'll try out the ps3 thing later. Has anyone played the pixel junk monsters game? I just played the demo and i like it but i'm not sure if the full game is worth $10.

So yea.....got my XBOX360 on Thursday, booted it up a couple times on Thursday.....tried this morning and had the RROD already!!!! I was like ***!!! So I took it back to Best Buy and got a different one. Went home, popped in the game I got on Thursday NHL 2008...wasn't working and it locked up....My brother is under the idea that it could be the game that caused my hardware failure. Any thoughts? Should I not use the game again and return that as well?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    My brother is under the idea that it could be the game that caused my hardware failure. Any thoughts? Should I not use the game again and return that as well?
    Check the game and see if its scratched, the 360 could be causing the game to get scratched, which in turn would cause the unit to have errors.

But its most likely the unit, RROD is not the only thing that goes wrong with them. You have bad disc drives, overheating units (which in part lead to the RROD),and failing hard drives.

Do other games play fine? Its hard to tell what the problem could be but 99% of the time it is the unit, or a sign the unit is getting ready to die
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

So yea.....got my XBOX360 on Thursday, booted it up a couple times on Thursday.....tried this morning and had the RROD already!!!! I was like ***!!! So I took it back to Best Buy and got a different one. Went home, popped in the game I got on Thursday NHL 2008...wasn't working and it locked up....My brother is under the idea that it could be the game that caused my hardware failure. Any thoughts? Should I not use the game again and return that as well?
    A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen with a brand new updated copy of Gears of War.

And just when I was starting to think it was time to pick up an Elite.
    Guess I'll stick with the Wii for now.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen with a brand new updated copy of Gears of War.

And just when I was starting to think it was time to pick up an Elite.
    Guess I'll stick with the Wii for now.
    127v look for that on the specs for the system. best bet though IMO is to wait til after E3 and see if a new design comes out.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    127v look for that on the specs for the system. best bet though IMO is to wait til after E3 and see if a new design comes out.
    I think I saw that it was made in 12/07....would that mean a bad batch or something?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I think I saw that it was made in 12/07....would that mean a bad batch or something?
    They are all bad batches because they have never really fixed the problems, the lower voltage ones just have a less likely change to error due to a redesigned motherboard and a small 65mm chipset.

But there is no magic series of 360's that are error free, just ones you can hope will last longer.

There are rumors a completely redesigned 360 will show at E3, every single problem the 360 faces comes from stuffing everything into too small a case.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I'm a little unsure of how well this is going to work. I've always been a bigger SF fan than an MK one, but this looks to be pretty interesting. I've been waiting to see better DC games.

And if this rumor is to be believed, there may not be any blood or fatalities. That already is not a good sign. Check out the first trailer.
    Fatalities or not, I'm a little iffy on this concept. I don't know how much I'd like to see DC characters in an MK game. I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars characters being in Soul Calibur, and I don't know how I feel about DC characters being in MK.

I just hope that shortly after this comes out, they start work on a proper MK game with only MK characters and a decent fatality system.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Even if there is a redesigned 360 at E3, what kind of DVD player will be in it? i can't imagine they'll still produce HD DVD and I don't see Sony allowing the competition to put in Blu Ray. Maybe I'll wait a little longer and see how the player pans out.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

any other ps3 owners getting a DNS Error (80710102) when they try to sign in to the PSN?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    any other ps3 owners getting a DNS Error (80710102) when they try to sign in to the PSN?
    Nope, but I'm in Europe. I was playing Gran Turismo on-line last night for a few hours, and the only errors I recieved were some people leaving races when they were the host.

On the whole GT on-line thing, I absolutely LOVE it. I must have earned over 600,000 credits this weekend from constantly racing on-line, and hadn't realised that I must have played around 40 matches. Normaly when I'm grinding to get credits, I get very borded in single player...but not on-line!

Needless to say, I spent those credits on a nice custom Ford GT that goes like a rocket in the super-car series races. Great stuff.

The client prediction while not perfect, is good enough and while the match making sometimes takes a little while, it works pretty well ad I only got a few errors happening occasionaly. The only hassle I have is that Austrlian players are allowed on the European races...I don't have anything against the Aussie's, but they can lag so badly that it's difficult to pass them cleanly or even race side-by-side through a turn.

But apart from that I was happy. It surprised me that my biggest gripe was actually the other players, and I felt a bit uncomfortable when I realised I was thinking things along the lines of "Italians always seem to race dirty". Things other players did that ticked me off were;

Brake-testing. The people who, when you are slip-streaming behind them on the final back-straight, will lay on the brakes to prevent you from overtaking.

"Look Ma', no brakes!". The people who don't bother trying to stay on the track. The just plough into the outside barriers at high speed, and use it to guide them around the turn. They often cause a lot of collisions with other players, causing havok in a corner, like in turns 3&4 of the Highspeed Ring.

How DARE you overtake me. These are the people who will ram you into the barriers or just try to ram you off the track if you overtake them. Even if you're several meters away from them, they'll try to take you out because they can't stand loosing or admiting that they lack any real skill.

"Look Ma', no brakes! Part 2". So you've managed to brake to cornering speed and haven't lost control. You're on the best racing line and going past all the cars who were infront of you, but decided to just use the barrier to guide them around. The WHAM! Somebody has just decided that rear ending you would be a really cool way to reduce their speed while at the same time, punting you off the track. It's win, win for them but at the back of the pack for you.

I can understand why these guys do these things. They want to win at any cost, so they can get as may credits as possible. But for me, I just enjoy the racing. I love being able to follow the best racing line while the rest are all over the place, and to get into the top 2 because of it. The prize credits are the last thing on my mind.

I don't mind being beaten fairly. In fact, once race comes to mind with a Dutch player who was absolutely superb and only just beat me at the finishing line. It was side by side racing, overtaking each other again and again because of the slipstream for most of the final lap and it was FUN.

I didn't mind loosing, because I knew I had been beaten by a good racer, and even then; it was a close fight.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Well for those of us (like me) in the US who were waiting to start playing the MGS Online Beta....we have to wait a few more days because we crashed the servers
    IMPORTANT NOTICE for all METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
    However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.

As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server.
    We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:
    1) Starting date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/4/2008 23:00(PDT)
    2) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(PDT)

Well for those of us (like me) in the US who were waiting to start playing the MGS Online Beta....we have to wait a few more days because we crashed the servers
    Something tells me that Konami aren't going to have any problems making their money back on the dev costs for MGS4.

Stilllthat sucks for you guys in the U.S. I'm hoping that Europe doesn't suffer the same fate.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Today's VC update: (We already knew about 1 title - the other is a nice surprise for RPG fans....)

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

April 21, 2008

Helping out your friends is often as easy as a ride to the airport or a kind word of advice. But when they fall victim to dastardly kidnappers, things get a little more complicated. Step up and find out what it takes to rescue your imperiled pals in the latest additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel. Both of these classic titles feature distinctive rescue-driven storylines and villain-busting action to help bring out your inner hero. Isn't that what friends are for?

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

River City Ransom™ (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older-Mild Suggestive Themes and Mild Violence, 500 Wii Points): River City Ransom takes place in River City, where our heroes, Alex and Ryan, find a letter on Ryan's locker from a guy named Slick. The letter says that Ryan's girlfriend, Cyndi, has been kidnapped, and Slick has taken River City hostage with the help of countless gangs and evil bosses. It's up to our heroes to save poor Cyndi and free River City from the clutches of Slick and his underlings. You can play as Alex and take on the challenge alone or battle with two players simultaneously as Alex and Ryan. Kick and punch to fight your way through gang members, evil bosses and other goons, or use a variety of weapons including a chain whip, brass knuckles and a tire, to name a few. Raise your stats by eating right, and gain new techniques by reading books. With your fighting prowess and never-ending spirit, the bad guys won't know what hit them.

Phantasy Star™ III Generations of Doom (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): As Rhys, the crown prince of the Orakian kingdom of Landen, you are engaged to be married to Maia, a woman from a rival kingdom. But Maia is kidnapped on your wedding day, setting you on a quest filled with twists and turns that will reintroduce you to people and places from previous Phantasy Star games. This epic spans several generations of characters, and your choices will dramatically impact the way the story unfolds, which makes it a great game to play all the way through more than once. In Phantasy Star III, things aren't always what they seem-check it out and watch the mysteries unfold.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

It looks as if it's the complete MG Online Beta that's been cancelled, not just in the U.S. I can't connect to a server, so I guess the whole thing has gone kablooie.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAvatar View Post
    It looks as if it's the complete MG Online Beta that's been cancelled, not just in the U.S. I can't connect to a server, so I guess the whole thing has gone kablooie.
    Just delayed until the end of the week.....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/868/868084p1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just delayed until the end of the week.....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/868/868084p1.html
    Because Konami said this today:
    The MGO beta is now scheduled to start Friday, April 25th at Midnight. However, it was stated that this new start date could potentially change as well "due to unforseen circumstances."
    I will believe it when I can actually log in

Iron Avatar, It was on display this weekend at NY Comic Con with people allowed to play 3 minute games so the beta is alive, its just not able to handle everyone who wants to play it at the moment

And look at this, seems we are going to get some more licensed games on the Virtual Console

Interplay has announced that they will be bringing Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Boogerman, and Clay Fighter to the Virtual Console ‘later this year’.
    Also we may get a new Punch-Out at E3, in an interview from 1up.com, Jeremy Parish spoke with Miyamoto for a 1 on 1 interview and this question came up:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=5379721

Punch-Out!! will be returning on Wii, with Balance Board support:
    I asked why Don King’s Prizefighter was the first boxing game to support the peripheral while Punch-Out!! was nowhere to be seen; he laughed and shook his hands and said, “I can’t talk about anything until E3!”

YES! RIVER CITY RANSOM!

One of the greatest NES games of ALL TIME!!!!
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Surprise, surprise - HOME delayed again......

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/868/868456p1.html

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Surprise, surprise - HOME delayed again......

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/868/868456p1.html
    Wow, Fall 2008? That's a loooong time. I think HOME is way to ambitious of a project. I'm fearing the worst right now. It's going to be 2 years after the PS3 launches that their REAL online service is open to everyone...and to think, it will still be a beta.

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Wow, Fall 2008? That's a loooong time. I think HOME is way to ambitious of a project. I'm fearing the worst right now. It's going to be 2 years after the PS3 launches that their REAL online service is open to everyone...and to think, it will still be a beta.

Ouch.
    And to add insult to injury is that it was always going to be beta tested in japan first (this spring, then this summer), with the EU following and then the US last. So take any time estimates and push them even further back before we here in the states will get anything close to resembling a finished product.

I wonder if the departure of Phil Harrison to Atari had any impact, before he left he gave several interviews talking about how unfocused and unreceptive Sony of Japan was to new ideas and new directions. He was a big cheerleader for HOME when he was there, not sure if they have the same drive for it anymore from the way things are panning out.

And to add insult to injury is that it was always going to be beta tested in japan first (this spring, then this summer), with the EU following and then the US last. So take any time estimates and push them even further back before we here in the states will get anything close to resembling a finished product.

I wonder if the departure of Phil Harrison to Atari had any impact, before he left he gave several interviews talking about how unfocused and unreceptive Sony of Japan was to new ideas and new directions. He was a big cheerleader for HOME when he was there, not sure if they have the same drive for it anymore from the way things are panning out.
    That's even worse news than the delay.

I think it wouldn't be as bad as it is now had Sony announced HOME this year or last E3 rather than at last year's GDC. It seems like more and more it was a premature announcement and I definitely think with Phil Harrison gone, HOME is struggling to get on the right track.

I really want HOME to be great, but I've become less optimistic as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I really want HOME to be great, but I've become less optimistic as time goes by.
    I agree, and I think it will only get worse for HOME because Sony has many other issues at the forefront right now.

In the US even though they are keeping on par with the 360 in console sales, game wise they are still loosing out by a ratio of 4:1 on some multiplatform titles which is not the greatest when 2008 is marking the PS3 as the lead console in development (since it was so hard apparently to port from the 360 without serious glitches/issues in many multiplatform games).

They are getting slaughtered in Japan (last week they sold 8000 consoles vs 40k Wii's and 90k PSP's) and none of their games are having an impact outside of 1st week sales.

And I have a strong feeling HOME is getting pushed back for them to refocus because the view from Japan seems to be HOME is a neat side thing but not where the focus of the PS3 should be.

I would not be surprised if at E3 we find out that HOME has been handed over to the EU Sony which is much better equiped to handle online infrastructure.

Hopefully none of this derails Little Big Planet since I know they were aiming to have some kind of intergration between the two!

Hopefully none of this derails Little Big Planet since I know they were aiming to have some kind of intergration between the two!
    If they delay LBP, I'm going to cry...literally. I have no interest in Killzone 2 or Resistance 2...so LBP was one of the few PS3 games I was looking forward to this holiday season. It better not be delayed.