Page 186 of 351 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IronAvatar View Post
    I'm not so sure that Nintendo's reasons for not having BC on the VC are so sensible. I personaly think that they're just ticked off that the updated version is on another platform.

After all, it's not as if it will cost a lot of money for them to host a 16KB ROM image on their server. I think that they're just being ridiculusly petty, in pretty much the same way any other platform holder would be.
    Nobody said they were being sensible, I think we are all in agreement they are being asses about it

I've finaly managed to log-on to MGS On-Line. I am VERY impressed with what I've seen of it so far, but there are a few issues. These are mostly to deal with how people are playing though, as the control system is pretty much spot-on, even though it's different from what I'm used to in the MGS series.

The camera system needa a bit of work too. It's just not up to the job, especially if you find yourself in a sudden close-encounters situation.

But apart from that, I can see this as being a game I'll be playing a lot if they can sort out the server backend
    Yeah I agree about the camera, its funny because I knew someone was coming on me but I had some control issues and the next thing I knew I was dead!

I have had no issues getting logged on or finding games (though it takes a bit more work since I am ranked 0 and know nobody so I have no passwords) but I am still learning how to play. I really like how the game looks

IronAvatar have you used the human launcher/catapult??
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

has anyone ever ordered anything from bullmoose.com? I went to 9 different stores today looking for two ps3 games and none of them had either so I'm going to have to go online. Trying to find a reliable online store preferably with prices under $59.99. Any suggestions?

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    So, this is probably a really stupid question, but MG Online is the first time I've really played online and I wanted to know how I can actually find my friend and play a game online.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-01 View Post
    So, this is probably a really stupid question, but MG Online is the first time I've really played online and I wanted to know how I can actually find my friend and play a game online.
    I think you can search but it might be easier to host your own game or have them host one since I am not sure if you need to look for gamer id, character name, or konami id
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have had no issues getting logged on or finding games (though it takes a bit more work since I am ranked 0 and know nobody so I have no passwords) but I am still learning how to play. I really like how the game looks
    Hah...you and me both. I've been too busy grinding on GT with on-line races so I can buy the Ferrari F1. So right now, I suck at MGO but I really, really like it.

I just wish the teams I'm on would stick together, since that sort of the whole idea of the game I think. I'll be going along with three other team members, covering them as the cross open ground and checking our "six" and all of a sudden, they all spear off in different directions! Gah!!

IronAvatar have you used the human launcher/catapult??
    Yeah. I wondered what on earth that "sproing...aaahhhhh" noise was until I witnessed somebody loading themselves into the catapult through my sniper scope! I was doubled up with laughter when I saw that!

I figured that I needed to try it out. Great stuff.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

The only surprise from this week's VC release is that there is only 1 game:

WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE NEW CLASSIC GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

April 28, 2008
    There's one new game for the Virtual Console™ this week - and it's a double. Double Dragon™ is a true action-fighting classic. This side-scroller brought the arcade original into the home and laid the groundwork for numerous sequels. It'll get your nostalgia engine fired up. Now go put the hurt on some bad guys and save Marian.

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Double Dragon (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated Everyone 10+ — Mild Violence, 500 Wii Points): Double Dragon begins with Billy Lee's girlfriend, Marian, being kidnapped by a group called the Black Warriors. They demand to know the secrets of Billy's martial-arts style in exchange for his girlfriend. However, Billy won't stand for these underhanded tactics and decides to rescue her himself. Help him fight through city streets, buildings, jungles, temples and various other locations in a quest to find his girl. He'll gain experience by using different fighting techniques to obtain more hearts, which will unlock more powerful techniques to use against his enemies. Keep an eye out for crates, boulders, whips, bats, knives and even dynamite along the way, as Billy can also use them to annihilate opponents. Armed with his mysterious and powerful martial arts, help Billy pummel his way through an array of goons, gang members and other Black Warrior scum to free Marian from their clutches.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    The only surprise from this week's VC release is that there is only 1 game:
    I am really shocked at the VC lately, Japan is getting 3-4 games a week and the EU is getting 2-3 a week but we are now getting 1 Where is SNES Mario Kart? N64 Smash Bros? TG16 Dracula X import? NES Mega Man? and that is just 4 games off the top of my head

But at least its Double Dragon!!

By the way if anyone has not downloaded it, River City Ransom is the most awesome game ever. I was playing it some yesterday and forgot how deep it was when on the surface it merely looks and plays a lot like Double Dragon

I am really shocked at the VC lately, Japan is getting 3-4 games a week and the EU is getting 2-3 a week but we are now getting 1 Where is SNES Mario Kart? N64 Smash Bros? TG16 Dracula X import? NES Mega Man? and that is just 4 games off the top of my head

By the way if anyone has not downloaded it, River City Ransom is the most awesome game ever. I was playing it some yesterday and forgot how deep it was when on the surface it merely looks and plays a lot like Double Dragon
    I think RCR is MUCH better than Double dragon. I need to download RCR soon.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

And on top of the low number of VC titles lately, XBLA is not getting any new content this week......I smell a conspiracy here.....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869938p1.html

And yeah, River City Ransom is AWESOME!

Ooooooooooh! New Prince of Persia confirmed for Holiday '08!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869896p1.html

The more I play MGO, the more I like it.

Just thought that I would share.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Man, you guys are killing me with the whole MGO Beta thing. I was gonna wait and see how the debut was before going out and getting a pre-order code. After the stories of broken codes and the hurdles to get registered AND the crashing/delay, I was gonna pass.

Now I'm getting more and more tempted to check it out......

Man, you guys are killing me with the whole MGO Beta thing. I was gonna wait and see how the debut was before going out and getting a pre-order code. After the stories of broken codes and the hurdles to get registered AND the crashing/delay, I was gonna pass.

It should all work ok now, if you get a preorder code that is 9 digits instead of 12 you just email Konami at a specified address and they will give you a new code in the response email. I am not sure how long the beta registration runs for, I think they extended it another week so it should close registration after the 1st or 2nd week in May.

So far I have had no issues after the servers went live in the US, my Game ID and password worked perfect and I was able to create my character and go right into games.....I just suck royally

Heh. The only problem that I've had while playing is the connection dropping out, but this has more to do with whom ever is hosting the game I think.

Everything else works very well, and playing is just FUN.

I just played an urban map that sort of forces people to play together becauase of the close quarters. The games strengths really showed, and it was VERY satisfying backing up my team and being able to relay enemy positions as well as doing other things such as providing covering fire and flanking while my team mates had them pinned down.

One of the things I've learned, is to make maximum use of the cover available to you. Don't stand out in the open, and definitely don't just run around like a confused rabbit, looking for people to kill. I was able to take on three or four enemies and pin them down by doing this until my team could back me up and help finish them off.

Great stuff!
    Last edited by IronAvatar; April 28, 2008 at 03:56pm.

Just in case anyone had any doubts about Wii Fit selling, it has sold almost 2 million in JP as of this week and was released in the UK on Friday to massive success

Depending on the success in the US the Wii Fit Balance Board could have a userbase larger than the PS3 worldwide which means that more developers could decide to utilize it easier.

Wii Fit’ flexes its muscles at the top of the All Formats chart this week, giving Nintendo a very healthy complexion thanks to the 6th fastest selling UK debut ever (only bettered by GTA, Halo and Gran Turismo titles).

The fitness game was launched on Friday, bundled with a balance board accessory at a price of £69.99 and was bought by roughly 1 in 10 Wii console owners over its first 2 days of release.

‘Wii Fit’ recorded an estimated £16.3m making it the 3rd largest launch in terms of value for a video gaming product, behind ‘Gran Theft Auto: San Andreas’ (£24.2m in week 44 2004) and ‘Halo 3’ (£16.9m in week 39 2007). Nintendo has now eclipsed the record-breaking launch only two weeks ago of ‘Mario Kart Wii’ with ‘Wii Fit’ replacing it as the Japanese giant’s fastest selling title in the UK. Sales of ‘Mario Kart Wii’ slow dramatically this week, slipping by 62%, but the popular racer only drops to No2 while Sega’s ‘Mario & Sonic’ also makes way, down from No2 to No3. Half of all Wii software sold this week was ‘Wii Fit’ sales, while 79% was published by either Nintendo or Sega. It is the first time since ‘Pokemon Ruby’ and ‘Pokemon Sapphire’ on GBA five years ago that Nintendo has had the top 2 games in the All Formats Chart.

Depending on the success in the US the Wii Fit Balance Board could have a userbase larger than the PS3 worldwide
    Ha! That is great!

And so I finally got to jump on the Guitar Hero wagon. Holy hell that game is AWESOME! I haven't strayed from easy mode yet, but man, I am loving it. I can't play more than a cople songs at a time, though, because after working 8 hours of data entry I can only play so much before my hand starts hurting.

But man it's awesome! I so cannot wait for the Aerosmith version!
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

I just had to post this

Awesome! I love those Rabbids! I can't wait for another one.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Hey as long as we're on the subject of the Wii VC. Does anyone know what's up with one of my all time favorites- Mario RPG? It seems like a no-brainer, but maybe there's trouble, because it was made by Square? (sorry if it's been discussed already.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I personally think Ocarina is severely overrated...However, I adore Wind Waker, so I'm obviously not a popular guy.
    Twilight Princess is leaps and bounds above Ocarina, I think.
    I'm one of the few that agrees with you about Ocarina. I always liked Majora's Mask better. It was just more fun. And I also like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker more than Ocarina.

I just finished Phantom Hourglass, and really loved it. It uses the DS interactivity better than any other DS game I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I'm one of the few that agrees with you about Ocarina. I always liked Majora's Mask better.
    Good lord, that's something I never thought I would ever hear. and should never hear again

Majora's Mask SUCKED! I don't think I've ever hated a game so much. But to each his own I guess...
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Hey as long as we're on the subject of the Wii VC. Does anyone know what's up with one of my all time favorites- Mario RPG? It seems like a no-brainer, but maybe there's trouble, because it was made by Square? (sorry if it's been discussed already.)
    Yes because its been made by Square and they almost 100% refuse to release any of their NES/SNES games.

As for Zelda I think I am in the minority as I liked Wind Waker better than most of the others. There was just something about it, whether it was cartoony or the atmosphere but I loved, loved, loved the Wind Waker. Even today I get a smile on my face when Toon Link shows up in Smash Bros Brawl.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    Good lord, that's something I never thought I would ever hear. and should never hear again
    I must say, I agree with you on this!

Yes because its been made by Square and they almost 100% refuse to release any of their NES/SNES games.
    Why do they refuse to release them?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post

Majora's Mask SUCKED! I don't think I've ever hated a game so much. But to each his own I guess...
    You know I forgot about Majora's Mask.
    IT was way more fun then Ocarina.
    I loved collecting the mask and changing.

It would be neat to see a combonation of the 2.

So what are some other games for Wii that are really good?
    Stimuls Money will give me something to look for-lol.

I have been talking bad about GTA 4 and now I am tempted to get it-lol.
    Must resist the dark side.
    Last edited by Raining Light; April 29, 2008 at 12:15pm.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I have a question about Mario Kart Wii. It comes with a wheel correct? My circuit city add says includes free Wii Wheel . Are they talking about the one that comes with it or are they saying if you buy the game there you get an extra wheel for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post

So what are some other games for Wii that are really good?
    Stimuls Money will give me something to look for-lol.
    One of my favorite Wii games that no one knows about is Zack and Wiki. It's great puzzle solving fun that really takes advantage of the Wii-mote.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I have a question about Mario Kart Wii. It comes with a wheel correct? My circuit city add says includes free Wii Wheel . Are they talking about the one that comes with it or are they saying if you buy the game there you get an extra wheel for free?
    Most likely they're talking about the one that already comes with. They're trying to be a little sneaky.