Page 197 of 351 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

VC/WiiWare update:

Wii-kly Update

One WiiWare Game and Two Virtual Console Games Added to Wii Shop Channel

The latest additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel offer a remarkable array of characters you won’t find just anywhere. A fresh WiiWare™ title gives Pokémon lovers a whole new way to wrangle and enjoy their little pals, while a pair of imported Virtual Console™ releases will pump up the action quotient—literally—for fans of NES® classics.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

WiiWare™

My Pokémon™ Ranch (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Comic Mischief, 1,000 Wii Points): The Pokémon phenomenon debuts on WiiWare with My Pokémon Ranch, a game that lets you watch as Pokémon and Miis interact with each other for the first time. Enjoy the relaxing ranch life by viewing your ranch and its Pokémon, taking pictures and sending those pictures to your friends via the Wii Message Board. The more Pokémon and Miis you bring to your ranch, the more fun it becomes. My Pokémon Ranch can be linked with the Nintendo DS™ Pokémon® Diamond and Pokémon® Pearl Game Cards to deposit the Pokémon you’ve caught in these games in your ranch. You can deposit a maximum of 1,000 Pokémon from up to eight different game cards. Make your ranch livelier by playing with your friends and family.

Virtual Console™

DIG DUG™ (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Become Dig Dug, the champion of love and justice, as you drill up, down, left and right, defeating any enemies in your path. Avoid the persistent Pooka and the deep-dwelling but whimsical Fygar as you defeat all the enemies in order to clear each stage. Defeat enemies by hitting them with the harpoon and pumping air into them, or by dropping rocks on them from above. Receive bonus points by getting the vegetables that appear in the middle of the stage. Receive high points for defeating deep-dwelling enemies or by defeating Fygars from the side with the harpoon. Pass through inflated enemies or defeat enemies in an adjacent passage for an even higher score. Lure multiple enemies and defeat them with a single rock from above in this thrilling action game.

BIO MIRACLE BOKUTTE UPA (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Comic Mischief, 600 Wii Points): BIO MIRACLE BOKUTTE UPA is an action game released in 1988, but it was never available outside of Japan. Players take on the role of baby Upa, a prince of the Akuyo kingdom. Prince Upa must take on an adventure spanning seven different worlds in order to rescue the kingdom from the dangerous demon Zai. Upa must defeat the enemies he meets along the way by inflating them. Upa can then use these floating enemies to his advantage by bouncing off of or riding on top of them. The prince must also avoid deadly thorns and pits while keeping an eye out for helpful items such as milk (to restore health) and bells (for temporary invincibility) if he hopes to succeed. If you’re looking for a cute and solid platformer with a hero unlike those in most other games, then look no further than BIO MIRACLE BOKUTTE UPA.
    Another worthless week. (Not a Pokemon fan) 600 points for Dig Dug? Come on. Why bring in the Japan version instead of the US version? Just trying to get an extra $1 off everyone? Where's my SMRPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-01 View Post
    This sounds interesting. How do I install custom firmware onto my PSP? I did a quick search and all of it looks kinda complicated with different versions and such. All I really want to be able to do is save the original Metal Gear Solid onto my PSP so I can play it on the go.
    Do you have a phat PSP or a slim? If you have a phat, what firmware are you currently at?
    Last edited by Skullface; June 9, 2008 at 12:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Sweet, Pokemon Ranch! Its not much more then an upgraded Pokemon Box but I thought I read if you linked it to Diamond or Pearl you got a free mew
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Grrrr....why release a Japanese game that noone over here has ever heard of when they're sitting on Dracula X which will surely sell very well??? AAGH!!!!

At least I actually know Dig Dug. Not that I want it, but that's a step in the right direction...

And where the hell is the Strong Bad WiiWare game?
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    Grrrr....why release a Japanese game that noone over here has ever heard of when they're sitting on Dracula X which will surely sell very well??? AAGH!!!!
    Tell me about it, its already been rated which means its ready to go they just have to offer it to us

And where the hell is the Strong Bad WiiWare game?
    July, the developers wanted another month so that once released they could continue it with episodic content on a consistent basis. They said they had to delay it so the story does not have any flow issues upon release
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I want Castlevania 3 first. I own a SNES copy of Dracula X, and it really is not that good, though that probably won't stop me from buying it on VC.....

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    Tell me about it, its already been rated which means its ready to go they just have to offer it to us
    Seriously? Then I'm definitely downloading Symphony of the Night from the playstation store so that I can cancel my desire for a PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I want Castlevania 3 first. I own a SNES copy of Dracula X, and it really is not that good, though that probably won't stop me from buying it on VC.....
    The SNES version is a COMPLETELY different game from the original. Trust me. The original TG16 game is much better (although I did love the SNES version too). It would be too long to explain it here, if you're interested you can read a lot about it at the Castlevania Dungeon.

And I actually never really liked Castlevania 3. Dunno why. But they do need to get off their ass and release that as well.
    Last edited by VaderLives; June 9, 2008 at 05:38pm.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

The SNES Dracula X is so subpar compared to the one (known as Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo) for the TurboGrafix16, isnt the SNES one almost like a sequel?

The TG16 is the one we will be getting on the VC should Nintendo ever decide to queue it up

Yeah, I own Dracula X Chronicles for my PSP as well as the SNES Dracula X cart. The original is by FAR a better game. If we may actually get the original on the VC, I'd be all for that!

Did anybody see this last week concerning the LucasArts layoffs?

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/...317_5665_0.htm

I'm very excited about all the upcoming games. If KOTOR 3 happens & is a MMO, I'll finally get sucked into the MMO world. The news of another LEGO Indy game worries me though - My guess is it'll be "The Complete Saga" - the current game with the addition of the Crystal Skull movie. (Glad it's been sold out everywhere by me! I'm definitely holding off on it now) Though it'd be really cool if they added some of the Young Indy stuff in it as well.

I'm very excited about all the upcoming games. If KOTOR 3 happens & is a MMO, I'll finally get sucked into the MMO world. The news of another LEGO Indy game worries me though - My guess is it'll be "The Complete Saga" - the current game with the addition of the Crystal Skull movie. (Glad it's been sold out everywhere by me! I'm definitely holding off on it now) Though it'd be really cool if they added some of the Young Indy stuff in it as well.
    I thought the Indy game was a more realistic version and not another LEGO one??

LucasArts has also hinted at re-releasing and reviving some of the adventure games for the Wii (maybe through Wii Ware or a compilation disc like SNK is doing with their anthologies)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The SNES Dracula X is so subpar compared to the one (known as Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo) for the TurboGrafix16, isnt the SNES one almost like a sequel?
    No, it's a remake, but very different and missing a lot. The basic story is still the same, Richter trying to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend, and you do end up rescuing Maria as well, though you don't get to play as her.

It's weird to explain...the levels are the same concept as the original, but different in execution. For example, the first level in both games is a burning town, but in the original it's one of the towns from Simon's Quest, whereas in the SNES one it's a completely different design/layout, but still a burning town.

There aren't as many levels as in the original, and there's only one alternate pathway.

And the fight with Dracula is different. In the original you're in the basic throne room level, but on the SNES one you're fighting on top of a bunch of pillars with a bottomless bit of death beneath. Suffice it to say it's MUCH harder. And Dracula's monster form is completely different. The original one is this really weird bat/lizard thing, it's also the one you fight at the very beginning of Symphony of the Night during the flashback (the only part of that game I've played), on the SNES version the monster form is similar to the one from Legacy of Darkness and Portrait of Ruin.

But no, it's not a sequel, it's a redo. Symphony of the Night is the sequel.

-Harvey Dent

I thought the Indy game was a more realistic version and not another LEGO one??

LucasArts has also hinted at re-releasing and reviving some of the adventure games for the Wii (maybe through Wii Ware or a compilation disc like SNK is doing with their anthologies)
    Gotta pick it apart for the details:

As well as the Knights of the Old Republic MMO, these former employees have also been revealing other as yet unannounced titles in the LucasArts schedule. These include the much expected Battlefront 3 (probably in development at Free Radical Design), another LEGO Indiana Jones game, the Euphoria-driven Indiana Jones games unveiled at E3 2006, and a Star Wars lightsaber game for Nintendo's Wii. The final game is likely to be the Clone Wars game first hinted at last week.
    Another LEGO Indiana Jones game AND (the one you're thinking of) the Euphoria-driven Indiana Jones games unveiled at E3 2006.

2 different titles.......

Just got Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy IX from eBay yesterday, looking forward to getting into the DW game, esp with the new ones coming out for the DS!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Final Fantasy XIII
    >.> XIII isn't out yet.....
    The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world.

Uncharted is simply awesome, especially as you get deeper into the game.
    I have to agree even if ive only played the demo. I love the fact that if a guy is holding a grenade and you shoot his arm he drops it at his feet and it goes off and kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ranger View Post
    >.> XIII isn't out yet.....
    I'm sure he meant XII - Revenant Wings.......

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I have to agree even if ive only played the demo. I love the fact that if a guy is holding a grenade and you shoot his arm he drops it at his feet and it goes off and kills him.
    A lot of people were turned off by the demo, but trust me when I say that the demo doesn't do the game justice. It's a freaking amazing game.

Personally, I liked Uncharted's story more than I did the new Indiana Jones movie! Naughty Dog has some very talented writers!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    A lot of people were turned off by the demo, but trust me when I say that the demo doesn't do the game justice. It's a freaking amazing game.

Personally, I liked Uncharted's story more than I did the new Indiana Jones movie! Naughty Dog has some very talented writers!
    Count me as one of the ones turned off by the demo. But with everybody here raving about it, I'll definitely grab it when it goes down to $30 or less......

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I agree, the demo blows compared to the regular game, I know it turned me off initially but I gave the game a 2nd chance after seeing there was more than just the jungle and puzzles were actually involved. It still remains one of the handful (being a total of 3) games I will wholeheartedly recommend for purchase on that system

Yes, it was enjoyable with all the twists and turns that occur later

Also I am pretty far in God of War Chains of Olympus and I have to give credit to Ready at Dawn, I enjoy the PSP version of the game a lot more than either of the two PS2 versions. I think its the simplified controls that really make the game more accessible and easier to play (since there are 2 less triggers, 1 less stick)

The storyline is engaging (since its a prequel to God of War 1) and I can only hope that God of War 3 on the PS3 is as good

Count me as one of the ones turned off by the demo. But with everybody here raving about it, I'll definitely grab it when it goes down to $30 or less......
    I was to, but a buddy lent it to me and wow. The story was great and the gameplay was smooth. Also you might be waiting a long time for the price to come down on that game.

I wish the demo were still available.

-Harvey Dent

I wish the demo were still available.
    Thats probably a good thing for the games sales that its not available (though when did it get taken down?)

Sony and Naughty Dog were stupid to put that level in the demo, it is not representative of the game as a whole, Ch 06 "Unlocking The Past", Ch 14 "Going Underground" are much better representations

And Chapter 17-19 are probably some of the wildest and most intense levels of gaming I have played in a long time, my wife even got into it and she pretty much hates all PS3 games

I don't really see how the demo could be all that much different from the full game. It was enough to interest me.

I don't really see how the demo could be all that much different from the full game. It was enough to interest me.
    The demo focuses on only the Gears of War style shooting/cover system, has no puzzles, and does not give you a sense that the game is in any way an evolution of the Tomb Raider action adventure genre (outside of maybe the jumping which is very much a reflection of Tomb Raider influence)

You start the demo and you basically run around, shoot guys and do a few jumps in order to reach an area where you shot more guys. Also in the demo the number of enemies is way too many, so it bogs you down in repetitive shootouts

The game features more full featured shootouts that make you think about where to attack them (cause the AI is pretty good at adjusting to your tendancies) and how to attack them. Especailly in the later church levels and areas with snipers where they have more places to hide

Some people liked the demo, but I know personally a lot more were turned off because they thought the game was only about shooting people and offered nothing more. You get no depth to the story (I mean the entire first half where you find out why he is on the plane searching for Drake's treasure is gripping, you see none of that in the demo)

A demo is just that. It gives you some sort of an idea about how the game is. It's not meant to show any depth. Anybody expecting that is expecting way too much. It's a good way to get a feel for a game without spending any money. You play the demo and then decide if you want to rent it. Unless the demo is enough to make you want to buy it.

I didn't think there were way too many enemies Shootouts are only repetitive if you let them be. I could play that demo again and take out the enemies several different ways.

Vader the demo is still on the playstation store. Go to all demos and then T-Z. Uncharted demo is what its called.

You want an example of a bad demo? I tried the Dark Sector demo the other day. You have to fight a boss and they give you no clue how to fight it. I looked it up online and you are supposed to embue your blade thing with an element. They dont mention that you can do that anywhere in the demo. It doesn't seem like a bad game but that annoyed me

A demo is just that. It gives you some sort of an idea about how the game is. It's not meant to show any depth. Anybody expecting that is expecting way too much. It's a good way to get a feel for a game without spending any money. You play the demo and then decide if you want to rent it. Unless the demo is enough to make you want to buy it.
    Yeah but in the case of Uncharted there were better elements to "demo" for the game and the sales in the US reflected that. It seems to be a pretty universal opinion that the Uncharted demo sucked once people played the actual game. You obviously do not agree which is great, some people (like my brother) really liked the demo so I am not saying its worthless.

But the thing I heard about it was that it felt too much like Gears of War meets Tomb Raider, with heavy emphasis on the Gears of War shooting parts. For a lot of people the feeling of another Gears of War game (which has roots in the FPS genre) was a big negative for the PS3 whose game library at the time was so mixed and had no real foundation as the long series of bomb after bomb (Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank) made people weary to spend the money on another new game. If Uncharted had been on the 360 it most likely would have sold 500k-1 million with no problems whatsoever.

In my case I was turned off by it at first, but I liked the presentation. In all honesty I had to rent it first and that was when I got hooked. There was no way playing the demo would have made me buy it and when spending $59.99-65... that is what a demo has to do.

Judging by the poor game sales in the US of Uncharted (luckily it sold enough in the EU and got a nice bump at Christmas in the US to at least make a sequel talked about by Naughty Dog) the feeling was mutual among a lot of gamers

There are a lot of bad demos for the PS3 imho though. I use demos now to determine if I want to rent a game (unless its an amazing demo) since I can rent from Hastings for $7 and return it the next day for $3 credit.